Rain Discussion Thread

Even though Politoed is OU, Rain still exists in UU. With Prankster, Murkrow can set up rain with priority, giving the now-UU Kingdra a boost.

Please discuss Rain here.

Even though Politoed is OU, Rain still exists in UU. With Prankster, Murkrow can set up rain with priority, giving the now-UU Kingdra a boost.

Please discuss Rain here.
It'd be nice if you included some Rain abusers in your post, and I would suggest some but I don't know any good ones other than maybe Swift Swim Armaldo lol

It'd be nice if you included some Rain abusers in your post, and I would suggest some but I don't know any good ones other than maybe Swift Swim Armaldo lol
Lolwhat? Kingdra, Kabutops and Ludicolo are all UU. And you don't know about them?

Murkrow is probably going to be doing the Electrode niche all over again...

That said, it's a choice between Damp Rock or Eviolite on Murkrow. However, with Politoed in OU and the existence of Obamasnow, Vulpix and Hippopotas, rain seems to be taking a backseat. Kingdra can easily lolpwn Hippopotas though, and it shouldn't be that hard to OHKO Vulpix with Hydro Pump, even with Sun.

Most of the best rain abusers are now UU, the only people missing are Starmie, Vaporeon and Toxicroak. This should be fun.

RD Kingdra is an excellent standalone Sun counter (and very effective as a standalone against non-Sun teams, too). Vulpix can't switch in to bring the Sun back and can't do anything to Kingdra (except burn it, but specially based mixed Kingdra is better anyway, and no Sun teams run Chansey).

I have been having great sucess with rain dance teams! Electrode lead with taunt/light scree/rain dance/thunder(or move of choice) with damp rock is really a monster, as it is pretty much the best taunter and can set rain on top of any auto-weather leading to early switches!

Kingdra and Ludicolo as excelent SS that have pretty awesome coverage. And slowbro in rain is just a beast, tanking those fire/fighting hits like no tomorrow. Crocune in rain is pretty beastly too, and i use a SS armaldo that really enjoys killing pesky slowbros/zapdos/celebi/victiny. With SS it is surprisngly fast(417 with +nature) and after a SD it has 700 damage and can just OHKO things with stab x-scizor and stone edge, and brick break or EQ for coverage!

Rain is pretty awesome and since it is unexpected you can screw alot with sun/hail teams that end up losing their inducer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)