Rain.

okay, semi bump, semi update.

I changed Scizors spread.
Changed Latias' spread.
Gave back Pain Split to Rotom-W (will explain).

All in all it really did help. Peaking at #1 now!

"Latias is my first Rain abuser. Yes, abuser. With rain up that means a couple of good things for Latias. The first is that there is no Tyranitar ruining your fun."

Umm tyranitar would still cause that latias set a lot of trouble because he breaks the rain upon entry. I am sure you would know that but you definitely can't see that as an advantage since most players try to break rain right away. Considering that you will have up rain I think you should consider running a cm surf set on latias so that way when tyranitar comes in with pursuit you can stay in and 2hko if you are at least +1.
I suggest to add a little defense so you can take the hit kill then have a choice to recover. Once tyranitar enters the scene on that set you have if it is sp def bulky even if you are +2 it can still have a chance to almost kill you or surely kill you depending on the set. If you run surf while in rain you also have a chance to ohko scizor if you are +2 or even after it gets hit by rocks while you are +1. I suggest not running sub but running Dpulse, surf, recover, calm mind. On top of that I suggest that you not run nearly as much sp def because I am not sure what you are trying to block here, because a +1 dragon pulse would handle any dragon that doesn't run haban berry and isn't scarfed. This set needs more defense than spdef because most wouldn't try to kill a cm Latias with a special attack.
I also think that running enough speed to outspeed garchomp and the new fighting types because if you want to sweep you definitely don't want to be slower. But if you run enough defense maybe that difference won't matter but you still need enough speed to out speed a non scarfed Garchomp.
A possible solution to this situation:
Adding empoleon to the team considering that they would work very well together especially on a Rain team.
This could be an offensive empoleon that abuses rain better than rotom because of the speed and power from an Lo agility set.

I suggest that your toxicroak and rotom need more speed to be more offensive considering you seemed to be in search of sweepers.

here's solution to your politoed problem

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Hypnosis /Hidden Power Electric
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Ice Beam / Toxic
nature: Modest
item: Choice Specs
ability: Drizzle
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

it turns politoed from being dead weight to someone who can OHKO a good amount of pokemon

also how do you fare against skarmbliss, it seems like if rotom's dead it walls your entire team

The fact that Scarf Hihidaruma effortlessly destroys Mamoswine (Superpower), Scizor and Toxicroak already poses a major threat, and U-turn is going to cause a ton of switches to keep Latias safe is very problematic.

"Latias is my first Rain abuser. Yes, abuser. With rain up that means a couple of good things for Latias. The first is that there is no Tyranitar ruining your fun."

Umm tyranitar would still cause that latias set a lot of trouble because he breaks the rain upon entry. I am sure you would know that but you definitely can't see that as an advantage since most players try to break rain right away. Considering that you will have up rain I think you should consider running a cm surf set on latias so that way when tyranitar comes in with pursuit you can stay in and 2hko if you are at least +1.
I suggest to add a little defense so you can take the hit kill then have a choice to recover. Once tyranitar enters the scene on that set you have if it is sp def bulky even if you are +2 it can still have a chance to almost kill you or surely kill you depending on the set. If you run surf while in rain you also have a chance to ohko scizor if you are +2 or even after it gets hit by rocks while you are +1. I suggest not running sub but running Dpulse, surf, recover, calm mind. On top of that I suggest that you not run nearly as much sp def because I am not sure what you are trying to block here, because a +1 dragon pulse would handle any dragon that doesn't run haban berry and isn't scarfed. This set needs more defense than spdef because most wouldn't try to kill a cm Latias with a special attack.
I also think that running enough speed to outspeed garchomp and the new fighting types because if you want to sweep you definitely don't want to be slower. But if you run enough defense maybe that difference won't matter but you still need enough speed to out speed a non scarfed Garchomp.
A possible solution to this situation:
Adding empoleon to the team considering that they would work very well together especially on a Rain team.
This could be an offensive empoleon that abuses rain better than rotom because of the speed and power from an Lo agility set.

I suggest that your toxicroak and rotom need more speed to be more offensive considering you seemed to be in search of sweepers.
You don't understand. If Rain is up and you can tell that the opposing team isn't weather orientated (it's pretty easy to tell) that means that TTar is non-existent. Also it doesn't have any SpD EV's.... so I don't know what you see. Substitute is needed for status, crits and more, while a coverage move really isn't needed. Latias can run a very successful mono-attacking set.

I have added more speed + bulk and taken away SpA EV's and yeah, nothing amazing but it does help occasionally.

Empoleon doesn't have Thunder, can't cripple walls and doesn't have as good bulk, not to mention terrible weaknesses to the omnipresent Fighting and Ground types.

Toxicroak doesn't need speed. He needs HP to take hits and heal more under Rain. It's not the speed that is graet about the set, it is the bulk and power you get from it.

Rotom isn't a sweeper...

here's solution to your politoed problem

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Hypnosis /Hidden Power Electric
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Ice Beam / Toxic
nature: Modest
item: Choice Specs
ability: Drizzle
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

it turns politoed from being dead weight to someone who can OHKO a good amount of pokemon

also how do you fare against skarmbliss, it seems like if rotom's dead it walls your entire team
That was actually the set I started with that I didn't like. lol

The fact that Scarf Hihidaruma effortlessly destroys Mamoswine (Superpower), Scizor and Toxicroak already poses a major threat, and U-turn is going to cause a ton of switches to keep Latias safe is very problematic.
I guess I understand what you mean, but with a couple of Bulk UP's + Drain Punch, he doesn't stand much of a chance against Toxicroak.

Is there every going to be an Importable for this? Too lazy to put in manually e.e
LOL. In due time. I'll do it just for you ;)

Again, mild nuisance, not a major threat. Major threats are something that can obliterate 5-6 of your team. Darmanitan is walled by three.

You don't understand. If Rain is up and you can tell that the opposing team isn't weather orientated (it's pretty easy to tell) that means that TTar is non-existent. Also it doesn't have any SpD EV's.... so I don't know what you see. Substitute is needed for status, crits and more, while a coverage move really isn't needed. Latias can run a very successful mono-attacking set.

I have added more speed + bulk and taken away SpA EV's and yeah, nothing amazing but it does help occasionally.

Empoleon doesn't have Thunder, can't cripple walls and doesn't have as good bulk, not to mention terrible weaknesses to the omnipresent Fighting and Ground types.

Toxicroak doesn't need speed. He needs HP to take hits and heal more under Rain. It's not the speed that is graet about the set, it is the bulk and power you get from it.

Rotom isn't a sweeper...

That was actually the set I started with that I didn't like. lol

I guess I understand what you mean, but with a couple of Bulk UP's + Drain Punch, he doesn't stand much of a chance against Toxicroak.

LOL. In due time. I'll do it just for you ;)
Thank you :D

Save you some time. Get to making some more top 5 teams..

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SAtk / 168 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Protect
- Toxic
- Boil Over

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Pain Split
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump

Toxicroak (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

^^The least offensive way to post count pad.

Again, mild nuisance, not a major threat. Major threats are something that can obliterate 5-6 of your team. Darmanitan is walled by three.
Decided to put it on the threat list more as an annoyance.

Thank you :D
No problemo.

Save you some time. Get to making some more top 5 teams..

^^The least offensive way to post count pad.
I don't understand the last sentence, but I will get going on the first few sentences :D.

THIS is how good rain teams work, not that stupid politoed + 5 swift swimmers stuff.
Hehe ;D, glad you like it!

Hey there, this is my first post and I've only been playing competitive Pokemon for two days, so I'm obviously not the best person to help with a team, but I just wanted to make some comments since I've used it quite a bit.

First, I love this team a lot. It's absolutely fantastic and it's actually the only team I've used so far, I didn't want to jump into teambuilding without knowing anything enough about the metagame so I used your team from the start and it's just been absolutely amazing. With some modifications to it, I've already peaked at #142 on the Smogon PO server on the standard OU ladder in two days of playing and am steadily rising, which feels great considering I'm new. I find that the vast majority of the games I lose are because I made silly mistakes based on lack of experience, not because of something wrong with the team.

In particular I love Rotom-W, it is just really good and fun to use. Rotom-W's Hydro Pump hits like a train in the rain, especially if I haven't tricked away the Choice Specs yet, and I can sometimes sweep a good chunk of a team simply because they have nothing that can stand up to choice spec STAB rain boosted Hydro Pump. I initially doubted having Pain Split with Choice Specs, but I actually get a lot of use out of it after using Trick. I'd definitely keep Pain Split on it.

Latias wasn't really working for me, which disappointed me as she's one of my favourite Pokemon. I ended up switching her out for Expert Belt Latios, who has served me well and I haven't ran into a situation where I wish I still had Latias instead of Latios. Latios has an additional benefit in the rain compared with your Latias set, which is that it gets to use a rain-boosted Surf, which is nice. I also carry Psychic on it, which I believe is out of the ordinary but it gives me a solid answer to Conkeldurr (Roobushin), who previously I could only kill using Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, and if Rotom-W was out of action I'd lose. Rotom-W also can't easily switch in on Conkeldurr, whereas Latios can. Just something to consider, I can see you are happy with your Latias set. For the record, here is the Latios set I am using:

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic

HP Fighting is there to hit steel-types, instead of HP Fire which won't work too well in the rain. As a nice bonus, though, it can also hit Tyranitar for good damage and potentially kill it if it's weakened already. I prefer Expert Belt to Life Orb, as it allows Latios to last longer and perhaps more importantly catches opponents off guard, who think that he has a Choice item when they don't see LO recoil, allowing me to get a surprise kill. The latter factor can be mitigated the better the opponent is, though.

The other modification I made was to Mamoswine. At first I kept trying the Choice Scarf set, even though I wasn't getting good results from it. The only change I made to it when I had the Choice Scarf on it was to change Icicle Spear to Icicle Crash (Icicle Drop). I found Icicle Spear to be far too inconsistent, even though it certainly has advantages over Icicle Crash. This one really comes down to preference, though, I think. I'd just like to point out a stat that wasn't posted yet, it has an average BP of 75 with 100% accuracy, compared to a BP of 85 with 90% accuracy. After STAB it has average 112.5 power compared to 127.5 power. At any rate, I still didn't get the performance I wanted out of Mamoswine, so I ended up giving him a Choice Band and swapping out Stealth Rock for Superpower to allow him to break through some walls, especially the ever common Ferrothorn (Nattorei). I find that it's been working much better and I don't miss the Choice Scarf. I also plan to switch out Icicle Crash for Stone Edge to test it out and see how it goes, although I'm not expecting an awful lot out of it it can't hurt to experiment some.

One last thing, I'd like to note that with the removal of Thick Fat on Mamoswine, you can play Standard OU instead of Dream World OU on the Smogon PO server. I find this much better, as you don't really get any benefits from going into Dream World OU, but your opponents do get to abuse it. Of course, you might have your reasons for playing Dream World OU, such as no team preview or preparing yourself for what might be in Standard OU eventually, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edit: Ran into a troublesome Pokemon after some more playing, Kingdra. I managed to take it down but it seems very threatening, it being much harder to stop by all of the usual Dragon counters on the team. Latias/Latios are both outsped in the rain and OHKO'd. Mamoswine's usual Dragon answer, Ice Shard, is only neutral and doesn't even 2HKO with Choice Band. Earthquake can OHKO with Choice Band, but Kingdra will have a guaranteed OHKO first with a rain-boosted Surf. Despite being built to take special attacks, Scizor can't handle rain-boosted Surf too well, being 2HKO'd by it, although it can threaten to 2HKO back with Bug Bite, or OHKO if at +2. As for the rest of the team... Politoed is helpless, if Rotom-W still has Choice Specs then it can OHKO with Thunder but it can be outsped and OHKO'd first, and Toxicroak is outsped and OHKO'd as well, without being able to do serious damage itself, although it can Sucker Punch for around 30%. Kingdra isn't unstoppable, and I'm not sure it's common enough to warrant any adjustments so that it can be dealt with easier, but it is certainly threatening, as it outspeeds everything on the team, doesn't care much for our priority moves, and OHKOs or 2HKOs everything with Dragon Pulse + Surf, without requiring setup. Thought it was worth mentioning.

Hey there, this is my first post and I've only been playing competitive Pokemon for two days, so I'm obviously not the best person to help with a team, but I just wanted to make some comments since I've used it quite a bit.

First, I love this team a lot. It's absolutely fantastic and it's actually the only team I've used so far, I didn't want to jump into teambuilding without knowing anything enough about the metagame so I used your team from the start and it's just been absolutely amazing. With some modifications to it, I've already peaked at #142 on the Smogon PO server on the standard OU ladder in two days of playing and am steadily rising, which feels great considering I'm new. I find that the vast majority of the games I lose are because I made silly mistakes based on lack of experience, not because of something wrong with the team.

In particular I love Rotom-W, it is just really good and fun to use. Rotom-W's Hydro Pump hits like a train in the rain, especially if I haven't tricked away the Choice Specs yet, and I can sometimes sweep a good chunk of a team simply because they have nothing that can stand up to choice spec STAB rain boosted Hydro Pump. I initially doubted having Pain Split with Choice Specs, but I actually get a lot of use out of it after using Trick. I'd definitely keep Pain Split on it.

Latias wasn't really working for me, which disappointed me as she's one of my favourite Pokemon. I ended up switching her out for Expert Belt Latios, who has served me well and I haven't ran into a situation where I wish I still had Latias instead of Latios. Latios has an additional benefit in the rain compared with your Latias set, which is that it gets to use a rain-boosted Surf, which is nice. I also carry Psychic on it, which I believe is out of the ordinary but it gives me a solid answer to Conkeldurr (Roobushin), who previously I could only kill using Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, and if Rotom-W was out of action I'd lose. Rotom-W also can't easily switch in on Conkeldurr, whereas Latios can. Just something to consider, I can see you are happy with your Latias set. For the record, here is the Latios set I am using:

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic

HP Fighting is there to hit steel-types, instead of HP Fire which won't work too well in the rain. As a nice bonus, though, it can also hit Tyranitar for good damage and potentially kill it if it's weakened already. I prefer Expert Belt to Life Orb, as it allows Latios to last longer and perhaps more importantly catches opponents off guard, who think that he has a Choice item when they don't see LO recoil, allowing me to get a surprise kill. The latter factor can be mitigated the better the opponent is, though.

The other modification I made was to Mamoswine. At first I kept trying the Choice Scarf set, even though I wasn't getting good results from it. The only change I made to it when I had the Choice Scarf on it was to change Icicle Spear to Icicle Crash (Icicle Drop). I found Icicle Spear to be far too inconsistent, even though it certainly has advantages over Icicle Crash. This one really comes down to preference, though, I think. I'd just like to point out a stat that wasn't posted yet, it has an average BP of 75 with 100% accuracy, compared to a BP of 85 with 90% accuracy. After STAB it has average 112.5 power compared to 127.5 power. At any rate, I still didn't get the performance I wanted out of Mamoswine, so I ended up giving him a Choice Band and swapping out Stealth Rock for Superpower to allow him to break through some walls, especially the ever common Ferrothorn (Nattorei). I find that it's been working much better and I don't miss the Choice Scarf. I also plan to switch out Icicle Crash for Stone Edge to test it out and see how it goes, although I'm not expecting an awful lot out of it it can't hurt to experiment some.

One last thing, I'd like to note that with the removal of Thick Fat on Mamoswine, you can play Standard OU instead of Dream World OU on the Smogon PO server. I find this much better, as you don't really get any benefits from going into Dream World OU, but your opponents do get to abuse it. Of course, you might have your reasons for playing Dream World OU, such as no team preview or preparing yourself for what might be in Standard OU eventually, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edit: Ran into a troublesome Pokemon after some more playing, Kingdra. I managed to take it down but it seems very threatening, it being much harder to stop by all of the usual Dragon counters on the team. Latias/Latios are both outsped in the rain and OHKO'd. Mamoswine's usual Dragon answer, Ice Shard, is only neutral and doesn't even 2HKO with Choice Band. Earthquake can OHKO with Choice Band, but Kingdra will have a guaranteed OHKO first with a rain-boosted Surf. Despite being built to take special attacks, Scizor can't handle rain-boosted Surf too well, being 2HKO'd by it, although it can threaten to 2HKO back with Bug Bite, or OHKO if at +2. As for the rest of the team... Politoed is helpless, if Rotom-W still has Choice Specs then it can OHKO with Thunder but it can be outsped and OHKO'd first, and Toxicroak is outsped and OHKO'd as well, without being able to do serious damage itself, although it can Sucker Punch for around 30%. Kingdra isn't unstoppable, and I'm not sure it's common enough to warrant any adjustments so that it can be dealt with easier, but it is certainly threatening, as it outspeeds everything on the team, doesn't care much for our priority moves, and OHKOs or 2HKOs everything with Dragon Pulse + Surf, without requiring setup. Thought it was worth mentioning.
WOW. I completely missed this comment. Sorry.

Latias works better for my IMO because of that extra added bulk. However that Latios set is really interesting, and I can see you tricking people into a choice set :), very smart.

I know that Mamoswine is possibly the 'weak link' of the team, but I really couldn't find something that worked in his place. I tried Borutorosu and the likes and nothing did as well. Choice Band means the loss of speed which is a pain. If you have a suggestion for a change then I'll gladly try it.

Kingdra is handled by Toxicroak + Scizor. Send Toxicroak in for the Sub, hopefully he Waterfalls because he doesn't know that Toxicroak absorbs water, then Bulk Up and Drain Punch while he is in a locked Outrage. If he KO's you Scizor can switch in and hurt it a bit. Otherwise maybe Rotom-W can take a hit? (I usually only verse DD variants)

Thanks

Totally love this team !
I use Latias w/ refresh and when i was studing i was wondering if she can learn sub, looking to this team and the latias set that i was thinking is here !
i'll try it and sending you some suggestion early :)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Dezza, have to say I love this team, peaking at rank 26 so far. Prediction is made a lot easier by using it and Mamoswine is absolutely amazing, particularly with the people trying to abuse SD+Sub CHomp, Mamo is a near-perfect counter.

Major question though. How do you hanlde stall? SkarmBliss walls the team almost entirely as Skarmory can only be beaten by Rotom-W (Scald from Toed does around 38% to most Skarm) and once he's down you are screwed, especially with Blissey sponging your Thunders. Admittedly, Rotom can actually beat Chansey 1 on 1 if it predicts the Trick but after that they send in Ferrothorn/Jirachi and you have no way to break through it. So again, how do you beat stall? (Sand semi-stall is a bitch too, with Jirachi/Ferrothorn/Tyranitar sponging everything)

Hi,

I know this is a bit late but I think it deserves to be heard.

I, much like Henrietta, am new to the competitive battling scene and too tried your team. I first tried your other team, but it wasn't working for me. I'm sure it isn't in the team itself, more my sense and grasp on playstyles differs from yours. However, when I loaded this team on PO I was astounded at how well it played.

I don't have nearly as much experience as you and I only created a Smogon account to post this comment. I found the fundamentals of this team really work and synergise together, and it really helped a less experienced player like myself get a grasp on those same fundamentals that must be second nature to you now.

My favourite set has to be Toxicroak's. He just restores so much HP in one turn that it takes a juggernaut to stop him. I did find him a tad bit frail, losing his sub even at someting like +4 to an EQ (forgot who it was from) but that hardly mattered when the moveset was perfect. Sucker Punch means that even if you are without a sub and the opponent is faster there is a damn good chance you'll still come out on top. As you said the best thing is when people look to abuse his 4x weakness to Psychic as send in Espeon/Alakazam and they get decimated by a Sucker Punch.

I too found Mamoswine to be a weak link. I decided to look around for a better replacement. Coming to terms with the ban of Swift Swim, I had too look outside the box. The three genie dudes had always looked like behemoths so I tried them out. I tried out thunder dude first, simply because I like the way he looks more. However I found that he wasn't really working because of the fact that his set was far too predictable. Everyone knew about the LO Taunt BoltBeam set. With good prediction they easy handled him. I never really considered the land genie. He had nothing really to offer (No thunder or hurricane).

Now Tornado dude. He works really well for me. I don't know if he will the same for you, but his great speed stat means that he surpasses all base 110's, which I think is crucial, just outrunning things like Gengar + Lati@s. Not only that but Mischevious Heart means I found him giving my team 5 turns of Tailwind, which REALLY did help, especially for something like Rotom-W, who would go nuts KO everything with a Specs Thunder/Hydro Pump. Even better without a Choice Specs.

Tornado Dude @ Choice Specs
Timid
5 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn

To be honest all you need is Hurricane, due to the fact there are no immunities and very few resistors. Hurricane + Focus Blast give almost perfect coverage, the only important things that resist it is Zapdos and the Thunder dude. U-Turn really is more of a filler as I couldn't really find anything better.

I hoped that I have helped you with my feedback, as I believe I do owe you after your team really eased me into 5th gen. I find this team on the brink of perfection, and I'm sure that I will be looking forward to reading more of your RMT's!
The surprise I got when I woke up this morning, only to find one of my teams were excavated from their grave. I glad that you like the team, and I'm really happy that my team helped you understand the fundamentals of Pokemon. I know I posibbly learnt a thing or two from these forums aswell.

As everyone else has stated Mamoswine is my weak link in the team. The truth is that I use to run a SubSeed Shaymin-S and it was literally the PERFECT Pokemon for that spot. The team was practically undefeatable with Shaymin-S, but as you know, everyone hated its ass and got promoted to Uber like that. I played around with a lot of Pokemon and have discovered that there is rarely anything that can replicate Shaymin-S's everything, his bulk, speed, power, annoying capablilties. So for now it has been Mamoswine.

Torunerosu does look realllly promising, as you make some very nice points on using him:

1. The Hurricane spamming sound absolutely amazing.
2. The speed there is getting close to replacating Shaymin-S.
3. MH Tailwind for a very likely ROtom-W sweep.
4. Great coverage in just two moves.

I am definately going to try him out, seeing as how Mamoswine is just a tad meh.

Totally love this team !
I use Latias w/ refresh and when i was studing i was wondering if she can learn sub, looking to this team and the latias set that i was thinking is here !
i'll try it and sending you some suggestion early :)
I totally love this team too!
Substitute is the superior option almost always, preventing crits, status, Leech Seed, etc.

Hope to hear your suggestions soon :D

Hi Dezza, have to say I love this team, peaking at rank 26 so far. Prediction is made a lot easier by using it and Mamoswine is absolutely amazing, particularly with the people trying to abuse SD+Sub CHomp, Mamo is a near-perfect counter.

Major question though. How do you hanlde stall? SkarmBliss walls the team almost entirely as Skarmory can only be beaten by Rotom-W (Scald from Toed does around 38% to most Skarm) and once he's down you are screwed, especially with Blissey sponging your Thunders. Admittedly, Rotom can actually beat Chansey 1 on 1 if it predicts the Trick but after that they send in Ferrothorn/Jirachi and you have no way to break through it. So again, how do you beat stall? (Sand semi-stall is a bitch too, with Jirachi/Ferrothorn/Tyranitar sponging everything)
WoW. Finally found me self a Mamo lover. He is okay, but seemed a bit meh to me at times. I guess he was primarily my Sub Chomp + MS DNite counter, wrecking them both. However with only 2 resistances, 1 immunity and a shit load of weaknesses, he is hard to make work, even with the great dual stab + Attack stat. I'm currently testing out TOrunerosu and I'll see how that goes.

Stall wise I have a couple of checks. Rotom-W Trick handles Evo Stone Pokes + dedicated walls + set up sweepers. If SkarmBliss is the problem Switch Toxicroak into Blissey, who cant do anything:
1. Toxic doesnt work
2. 100 damage move, which I heal most of in rain.
3. Flamethrower + Ice Beam = LOL.
From there Bulk Up, because it is almost always going to be Skarm they switch in. Them Drain Punch as they Phaze. If Politoed Rain boosted Scald. If Rotom-W then LOL. If Latias CM as they Roost and Dragon Pulse as they phaze, it still does a chunk. Mamo can't really hurt it, so if I take Torunerosu, Hurricane will sting like a bitch. Scizor can only really SD up and Bullet Punch (does more).

You could also switch Rotom-W in on Skarmory. If they Blissey when you Thunder then you wait til next time he switches Skarm in. Then you Trick and Blissey is fodder. Then it is easier to handle from there.

I don't really find it that hard to overcome stall. But maybe that is cause I am more accustomed to this team.

Keep the rates coming guys!

Tested the team !
It's FANTASTIC !
Croak & Ti@s are my favourite mons. This is not the first time that i start a battle w/ Croak leading the team and he swept 3-4 mons without the support of rain, then w/ rain it's too awesome ! (Maybe the opponents were n00bs, but it's funny to see a single mon decimate an entire team :P ) Then after 3-4 bulks up you can receive a non-stab earthQ, survive and kill the opponent's mon w/ Drain Punch and regain health.
It's funny too seeing the opponent try to kill Ti@s w/ an ice beam when you start to CM and sub did'nt break :E

I notice that Pain Split on Rotom-W is near useless to me, but i'm not very friendly w/ choiced-mons, maybe i'm the one Rotom-w finds useless XD

Mamo (remember my rage against choiced mons ? :P )is not a great threat and, like you said, maybe is the weak link of the team. Yeah, Shaymin-S was awesome w/ his great stats, annoying moves and the immunity to leech seed (when i predicting a leech seed i realy don't know who send in play :/).
Another Grass mon is useless ? Shaymin land form ? maybe scarf, it's a status absorber and that come on a status move and start to revenge.

Something like:

Shaymin @ Scarf
252Satk/252spd
Ability: Natural Cure
-Rest
-Hidden Power Ice
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power

I don't even test it but i think that it can be a good threat for your team.
I'll test it soon.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WoW. Finally found me self a Mamo lover. He is okay, but seemed a bit meh to me at times. I guess he was primarily my Sub Chomp + MS DNite counter, wrecking them both. However with only 2 resistances, 1 immunity and a shit load of weaknesses, he is hard to make work, even with the great dual stab + Attack stat. I'm currently testing out TOrunerosu and I'll see how that goes.

Stall wise I have a couple of checks. Rotom-W Trick handles Evo Stone Pokes + dedicated walls + set up sweepers. If SkarmBliss is the problem Switch Toxicroak into Blissey, who cant do anything:
1. Toxic doesnt work
2. 100 damage move, which I heal most of in rain.
3. Flamethrower + Ice Beam = LOL.
From there Bulk Up, because it is almost always going to be Skarm they switch in. Them Drain Punch as they Phaze. If Politoed Rain boosted Scald. If Rotom-W then LOL. If Latias CM as they Roost and Dragon Pulse as they phaze, it still does a chunk. Mamo can't really hurt it, so if I take Torunerosu, Hurricane will sting like a bitch. Scizor can only really SD up and Bullet Punch (does more).

You could also switch Rotom-W in on Skarmory. If they Blissey when you Thunder then you wait til next time he switches Skarm in. Then you Trick and Blissey is fodder. Then it is easier to handle from there.

I don't really find it that hard to overcome stall. But maybe that is cause I am more accustomed to this team.

Keep the rates coming guys!
The issue I find is that after Rotom or one of its teammates takes down Blissey the opponent brings something else in that can wall Rotom such as Celebi and the cycle starts anew except against a heavily weakened or statused team.

I was talking to Meru and he suggested I run NP LO Thunderus to deal with stall. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes.

mmmmh i've noticed that this team have a problem w/ Skarmory. The Only good threat against it is Rotom-W or a Scald of Toed, naturally when my opponent see this threats coming in on his skarm, he/she switch in a special wall. Maybe i must trick more often when i see a skarm and a bliss in the same team.

P.S. I'm so unlucky w/ the whirlwind, all the times that skarm use it against me, he send me Croak or Scizor :/

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi dezza,

i see some huge potential to this team and this looks like its on its way to being one of the best rain teams i've seen. i'm going to jump the gun here and suggest a life orb latios over your latias. bear with this suggestion because it will help your team as a whole to lure in and beat tyranitar - a common lo latios check. with rain on your side, surf will inflict a lot of damage on tyranitar provided its not specially defensive and ohko it the following with a draco meteor. with tyranitar out of the match, rain on your side is a guarantee. the latios set is a simple draco meteor / surf / thunder / recover set with the evs 252 spa / 4 def / 252 spe with a timid nature. the reason why i recommended this change because latias seems lackluster from what i can tell and it have very little production in the team with constant subbing, weak dragon pulse, and inability to actually lure and beat tyranitar (a common rain problem). take this into consideration!

as for other options, try hp fire > pain split on rotom-w. this is simple a great weapon against overzealous nattorei switch-ins trying to wall and set up on you. with nattorei removed from the match, so many things can sweep easier such a tornadus and latios (should you take the suggestion). hp fire also has the added benefit of reliably hitting scizor should sandstorm be in play. overall gl!

The issue I find is that after Rotom or one of its teammates takes down Blissey the opponent brings something else in that can wall Rotom such as Celebi and the cycle starts anew except against a heavily weakened or statused team.

I was talking to Meru and he suggested I run NP LO Thunderus to deal with stall. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes.
I have tried NP Thunderus and it didn't really work. i actually added a CS Tornadus to my team and it has been working great so far! a lot more fearsome and can posibbly set up a Tailwind for a Rotom-W sweep. Anyway try Thunderus for your self and then try Tornadus and tell me which you prefer!

Thanks

mmmmh i've noticed that this team have a problem w/ Skarmory. The Only good threat against it is Rotom-W or a Scald of Toed, naturally when my opponent see this threats coming in on his skarm, he/she switch in a special wall. Maybe i must trick more often when i see a skarm and a bliss in the same team.

P.S. I'm so unlucky w/ the whirlwind, all the times that skarm use it against me, he send me Croak or Scizor :/
Croak can actually harm it if it is faster and it decides to Roost off the damage, because Skarmory becomes full steel and therefore is weak to fighting :D. Just a neat trick I picked up on.

Tested the team !
It's FANTASTIC !
Croak & Ti@s are my favourite mons. This is not the first time that i start a battle w/ Croak leading the team and he swept 3-4 mons without the support of rain, then w/ rain it's too awesome ! (Maybe the opponents were n00bs, but it's funny to see a single mon decimate an entire team :P ) Then after 3-4 bulks up you can receive a non-stab earthQ, survive and kill the opponent's mon w/ Drain Punch and regain health.
It's funny too seeing the opponent try to kill Ti@s w/ an ice beam when you start to CM and sub did'nt break :E

I notice that Pain Split on Rotom-W is near useless to me, but i'm not very friendly w/ choiced-mons, maybe i'm the one Rotom-w finds useless XD

Mamo (remember my rage against choiced mons ? :P )is not a great threat and, like you said, maybe is the weak link of the team. Yeah, Shaymin-S was awesome w/ his great stats, annoying moves and the immunity to leech seed (when i predicting a leech seed i realy don't know who send in play :/).
Another Grass mon is useless ? Shaymin land form ? maybe scarf, it's a status absorber and that come on a status move and start to revenge.

Something like:

Shaymin @ Scarf
252Satk/252spd
Ability: Natural Cure
-Rest
-Hidden Power Ice
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power

I don't even test it but i think that it can be a good threat for your team.
I'll test it soon.
I'll try your shaymin suggestion but I don't think that it will function as well, but hey, doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks

hi dezza,

i see some huge potential to this team and this looks like its on its way to being one of the best rain teams i've seen. i'm going to jump the gun here and suggest a life orb latios over your latias. bear with this suggestion because it will help your team as a whole to lure in and beat tyranitar - a common lo latios check. with rain on your side, surf will inflict a lot of damage on tyranitar provided its not specially defensive and ohko it the following with a draco meteor. with tyranitar out of the match, rain on your side is a guarantee. the latios set is a simple draco meteor / surf / thunder / recover set with the evs 252 spa / 4 def / 252 spe with a timid nature. the reason why i recommended this change because latias seems lackluster from what i can tell and it have very little production in the team with constant subbing, weak dragon pulse, and inability to actually lure and beat tyranitar (a common rain problem). take this into consideration!

as for other options, try hp fire > pain split on rotom-w. this is simple a great weapon against overzealous nattorei switch-ins trying to wall and set up on you. with nattorei removed from the match, so many things can sweep easier such a tornadus and latios (should you take the suggestion). hp fire also has the added benefit of reliably hitting scizor should sandstorm be in play. overall gl!
The problem is see is that when TTar switches in Rain is gone, and Latios is vulnerable. unless you mean that when he switches TTar in I switch in Politoed and then switch to Latios just to ko :S. Also nowadays a lot of TTars tend to be specially defensive.

HP Fire under Rain gets 50% decrease, and Nattorei gets a 50% drop in damage taken from Fire moves, beign essentially 2x weak. Why do you think I run Scizor in my rain team? To abuse that! Sure it works great outside of Rain, but Rotom-w does so much better under Rain.

I'll try it out, but unfortunately it doesn't look that promising. Will get back with my results from testing.

You could run an HP Fighting Latios- thats what I did in my RMT and it catches those annoying Ferrothorn and Tyranitar simultaneously who tend to switch straight in every single time. Killing them with Specs isn't taking candy from a baby- but in reality it isn't much more difficult. The only time I couldn't pull it off was against a smart player who left his Slowbro in knowing that if I killed it with Draco he could just Pursuit me right after and I couldn't possibly hit it and Tyranitar at the same time.

It doesn't fit my playstyle the best and you seem to use a more bulky offense style so this might not be the best idea. However, if you do use Latios use HP Fightigng.

Hey,

SO I tried all suggestions.

1. Shaymin actually wored pretty well. I guess there was a kindof suprise factr to him. However, I need someone in that position who could break stall, and unfortunately he didn't make the cut.
2. Latios jst didn't click with me. Maybe it is my inablity to use it but I found myself sometimes hesitant to switch him out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)