Random Battles Team Tournment IV - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Going to contest this act call on behalf of Yveltals with our own reasoning and provide some more context, and ask for either a dead game or a double substitution.

1- There were 0 attempts from Arcanines to get the game done. After he missed his scheduled time, we havent heard a single word from any of Arcanine's players AND managers reminding us that 85P was late, and there were nothing on the thread. By that time we had all 3 of our substitutes available to play and online at the scheduled times but both me and Pokeblade werent aware of his absence due to irl attendancies.

2- After he missed the scheduled time, the first person he wrote to was Ckil herself, and as he says it was 6.41 PM her time so a lot of Saturday was available to get the game done. Moreover, there were future scheduling attempts made by 85P and ckil was online later that day to see the scheduling attempt on 85P's wall and made no comebacks to his posts. By that time, Arcanines still took no actions both in this thread and with us in terms of communication. There were also 0 notifications about Ckil being unable to play on Sunday.

3- Until now, there were no actions taken by Arcanines for a full day; no words from Ckil ( she was able to talk to her managers but not reply to 85p.),not a request for sub, not a request for an activity win, and not even a word from managers until Sylveon used calm mind contacted both me and pokeblade about the issue, while all this was happening nobody from my team knew what was going on.

Both sides have subs available to play until deadline and the main mentality of tournaments have always been playing as many games as possible. Considering neither sides asked eachother for a substitute until this late suggests that neither team is deserving an activity win. This is why we have proposed a double sub as we believed both sides were neither innocent nor worthy of dropping a game to an act call especially when race for playoffs depends on every single game being played.

Last edited:

RSB

Dreaming of a shore bordering another world
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Going to contest this act call on behalf of Yveltals with our own reasoning and provide some more context, and ask for either a dead game or a double substitution.

1- There were 0 attempts from Arcanines to get the game done. After he missed his scheduled time, we havent heard a single word from any of Arcanine's players AND managers reminding us that 85P was late, and there were nothing on the thread. By that time we had all 3 of our substitutes available to play and online at the scheduled times but both me and Pokeblade werent aware of his absence due to irl attendancies.

2- After he missed the scheduled time, the first person he wrote to was Ckil herself, and as he says it was 6.41 PM her time so a lot of Saturday was available to get the game done. Moreover, there were future scheduling attempts made by 85P and ckil was online later that day to see the scheduling attempt on 85P's wall and made no comebacks to his posts. By that time, Arcanines still took no actions both in this thread and with us in terms of communication. There were also 0 notifications about Ckil being unable to play on Sunday.

3- Until now, there were no actions taken by Arcanines for a full day; no words from Ckil ( she was able to talk to her managers but not reply to 85p.),not a request for sub, not a request for an activity win, and not even a word from managers until Sylveon used calm mind contacted both me and pokeblade about the issue, while all this was happening nobody from my team knew what was going on.

Both sides have subs available to play until deadline and the main mentality of tournaments have always been playing as many games as possible. Considering neither sides asked eachother for a substitute until this late suggests that neither team is deserving an activity win. This is why we have proposed a double sub as we believed both sides were neither innocent nor worthy of dropping a game to an act call especially when race for playoffs depends on every single game being played.
1-Both Blade and I were both on at the scheduled time asking each other if we had seen each other's player. After about 30~ minutes had passed we both assumed they had rescheduled in private due to not hearing anything from either player on both sides in this regard. We both also attempted to contact our players via discord where neither had responded.

2-c.kil was unsure as to if she could play the next day due to her already having plans to meet with her family and considering she and her opponent are 6 hours apart alongside her opponents preferred time being lined up to when she was going to meet with her family (presumably), she couldn't give a concrete answer immediately.

3-As per the previous point sharp and I were unaware of her full schedule today as she had not made it fully clear what she would be doing or for how long until this morning when she clarified exactly what she would be doing and why she was busy today. This is why I didn't take any actions until earlier today as I was unsure if she would be able to reschedule or not at all.

4-85percent had the option to avoid this situation entirely by asking for a reschedule/sub prior to the agreed upon time if they were feeling sick and could not play. Seeing as they did not have the foresight to do such and blaming c.kil for making plans outside of their scheduled time isn't right, I felt justified in making this call as I do not see it as my responsibility to give a sub in this situation due to it being the opponent's mistake for both missing their scheduled time and not asking for a reschedule/sub beforehand.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I dont want to be misunderstood here, I am not blaming her for anything. Irl > mons and she cant be held responsible for any of this. But the assumption you made that "they maybe rescheduled" without taking any actions for a full day without even contacting us is the reason why we are arguing over this right now. While its not your responsibility to substitute in someone right now it was your responsibility to follow your player and ask for a substitution when 85p missed the scheduled time. Cuz as I stated we had subs available to replace him.

RSB

Dreaming of a shore bordering another world
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I dont want to be misunderstood here, I am not blaming her for anything. Irl > mons and she cant be held responsible for any of this. But the assumption you made that "they maybe rescheduled" without taking any actions for a full day without even contacting us is the reason why we are arguing over this right now. While its not your responsibility to substitute in someone right now it was your responsibility to follow your player and ask for a substitution when 85p missed the scheduled time. Cuz as I stated we had subs available to replace him.
I wasn't the only one who made that assumption, Blade also made that assumption WITH me as we were talking to each other during the 1 hour time frame between the scheduled time and the time that c.kil showed up. As for not taking any actions like I said before I wasn't fully aware of c.kil's timeframe for today as her initial response to rescheduling was that she was unsure about if she could or not today. She wasn't able to go into a full conversation with us about this due to her dropping her phone in the snow and it not working properly. (This point was also made clear to Blade when she got on and talked with him for a brief period.) She had only gotten on PS for the 15 minutes using somebody else's phone. I did not learn of her full plans until this morning as I also stated in the previous post and could not exactly follow up with her due to the reason I just stated until she came on herself this morning.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
RustySheriffBadge sharpclaw pokeblade101 Perish Song
Hereby dubbing c.kilgannon vs 85percent a dead game.

As per the official rules for tournaments:

"- If Player A and Player B agreed on a time, and Player B failed to show up, Player A or another authorized party must have notified their opponent's team and given them the chance to substitute at least 30 minutes before leaving."

This didn't happen.
1613357038318.png

1613357128521.png

1613356979412.png

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
RustySheriffBadge sharpclaw pokeblade101 Perish Song
Hereby dubbing c.kilgannon vs 85percent a dead game.

As per the official rules for tournaments:

"- If Player A and Player B agreed on a time, and Player B failed to show up, Player A or another authorized party must have notified their opponent's team and given them the chance to substitute at least 30 minutes before leaving."

This didn't happen.
View attachment 315916
View attachment 315917
View attachment 315915
so neither team had subs available to play for the entirety of valentine's day? goddam couldn't be me :( if playoffs was on the line i'd tell my gf to watch me play 3 games of gen 2 randombattles or find a new boyfriend, mons >>> everything @pokeblade buy me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)