Rate my sunny day team

Hey guys, this is my first thread here so I'm sorry if I do something wrong ^^; Also I'm new at this thing of competitive and my english is bad, so sorry if the descriptions are a little short D:

Lead:

Ninetales (Drought) @ Focus sash

Timid nature - 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Flamethrower
- Solarbeam
- Hypnosis
- Nastly plot

Nina has this amazing ability, so I chose her as lead, she can set up sd without wasting a slot. She also has Flamethrower for STAB. I chose it over fire blast since it's more accurrate and have the sun boost. Solarbeam for water, rock, and ground types. Nasty plot for raising power, and hypnosis to make opponents sleep.

Urugamosu Flame body @ Life Orb

- Flame Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Butterfly Dance
- HP ground

It has Flame Dance for STAB and it's also good since it can raise SpA sometimes and it has also a pretty decent BP. Butterfly Dance to raise SpA, SpD and Spe and kill almost everything more easily. Bug Buzz for psychic and dark types. HP ground for other fire types and its main threat: rock types.

Exeggutor (Chlorophyll) @ Leftovers

- Solarbeam
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- HP Fire/Rock

Solarbeam since it's one of the best grass type moves and doesn't need 2 turns since it has the sun. Psychic for poison types and STAB. Sleep Powder can help to hit more easily and switch for another pokémon without being attacked. HP fire for Ice and Steel types or rock for flying, fire, ice and bugs.

Venusaur @ Life Orb

- Solarbeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Solarbeam for the same reasons as Exeggutor, STAB and doesn't need an extra turn. Sludge Bomb because it's STAB and hits almost everything that's not hitten effectively by Solarbeam. Sleep Powder can give it the chance to heal itself with Synthesis, switch or keep attacking without being attacked.

Arcanine (Flash Fire) @ Life Orb

Hasty nature - 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Flamethrower
- Extremespeed
- Morning Sun
- Crunch

It has Flash Fire to absorb the fire attacks that could be done to my grass types. Flamethrower because it has 100% of accuracy and it's a powerful STAB boosted by sunny day. Extremespeed is for attacking faster opponents or things Flamethrower doesn't hit effectively. Morning Sun to recover the damage received by the Life Orb or other attacks. Crunch as filler, maybe I'll replace it for Roar or another attack.

Claydol @ Leftovers

Impish nature - 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD

- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen

My support pokémon. It has rapid spin to get rid of SR and Spikes. Earthquake for STAB. SR to damage the switch-ins, and Light Screen to wall any special moves.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

PS: Sorry again if my description is too short, as I said before, I'm new at this D:

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I've moved this to the OU forum, since that is where it belongs. Also, if you can, try to lengthen your descriptions a little more. Thanks!

Believe it or not, offensive Arcanine doesn't look very effective in this team. Why don't you give this set a try?

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 120 HP / 152 Atk / 236 Spe
Moves:
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Morning Sun
-Toxic

This set takes advantage of Arcanine's reasonable bulk, plus the excellent boost Morning Sun gets from Sunny Day up. Arcanine will laugh in the face of water moves while dishing out Toxics left and right.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/../dp/moves/will-o-wisp

I've moved this to the OU forum, since that is where it belongs. Also, if you can, try to lengthen your descriptions a little more. Thanks!
Ohh, sorry, I didn't know where it belongs since Claydol, Venusaur and Arcanine are UU ^^;
Believe it or not, offensive Arcanine doesn't look very effective in this team. Why don't you give this set a try?

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 120 HP / 152 Atk / 236 Spe
Moves:
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Morning Sun
-Toxic

This set takes advantage of Arcanine's reasonable bulk, plus the excellent boost Morning Sun gets from Sunny Day up. Arcanine will laugh in the face of water moves while dishing out Toxics left and right.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/../dp/moves/will-o-wisp
My Arcanine has Flash Fire because it absorbs the fire attacks that could be done to my grass types. I'll add that to my post.

And... I want it to be mixed :S Is that the only 'best' option?

You're using Venusaur in the sun without Growth? You do know that Growth in the sun raises both attack stats by 2 right? Run a mixed sweeper with Power Whip, Earthquake and Sludge Bomb or HP something

Venusaur @ Life Orb (Mild)
72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Speed

Growth
Earthquake
Solarbeam
Sludge Bomb/HP Fire

Solarbeam is your main attacking move. Sludge Bomb and HP Fire can help get rid of Grass types. HP Fire is preferred as it also hits Skarmory and Forretress/Scizor hard. Sludge Bomb, however has high base power and STAB so it's up to your choice. Earthquake gets rid of most metals that are resistant to Grass and immune to Poison.

EDIT:

I also noticed that only Ninetales can get Sunny Day up. In the event that your opponent changes the weather your team would fail terribly. I suggest having another support to set up Sunny Day, preferably with a Heat Rock so it would last longer.

Ohhh, I didn't know that D:

Maybe I'll replace Sleep Powder with it.
Don't - I'd replace Synthesis for Growth if anything. You'll outspeed everything under the sun anyway, and you can just sleep powder then set up while they switch or sleep! A +2 boosted SolarBeam with Sunny Day decimates most things.

Venusaur @ Life Orb (Mild)
72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Speed

Growth
Earthquake
Solarbeam
Sludge Bomb/HP Fire

Solarbeam is your main attacking move. Sludge Bomb and HP Fire can help get rid of Grass types. HP Fire is preferred as it also hits Skarmory and Forretress/Scizor hard. Sludge Bomb, however has high base power and STAB so it's up to your choice. Earthquake gets rid of most metals that are resistant to Grass and immune to Poison.

EDIT:

I also noticed that only Ninetales can get Sunny Day up. In the event that your opponent changes the weather your team would fail terribly. I suggest having another support to set up Sunny Day, preferably with a Heat Rock so it would last longer.
Which pokémon should have it?

Okay, having played primarily with Sun this Gen - here's my advice.

Ninetales makes an awful lead. It's outweathered by all the other inducers and furthermore can OHKO none but the uncommon Abomasnow. I seriously recommend moving Ninetales to another position in your team, and running either a LO set with NP. However, Energy Ball>Solarbeam as TTars will simply love to lock you into it and proceed to either setup or outright KO you, losing your team the weather and meaning it will be obliterated by Doryuzuu. HP Fight<Hypnosis due to the crap accuracy and ability to OHKO offensive TTars at +2. Fire Blast>Flamethrower for the outright power, too.

The other option I'd recommend is very viable too, and is a Balloon Tales with 248HP/252Spe with a protect/disable combo - great for those slower and trying to hit you with a rock move for example (or pursuit). The final two moves are your choice. Balloon is great for coming in on Hippowdon etc to safely setup sun.

Some people have had success with a defensive Tales running WoW, Hypnosis, etc, but personally I find the above two sets to be more effective.

Your Ulgamoth set is pretty good - just consider HP Rock over Ground for hitting Balloon stuff. In terms of EVs try perhaps the 252Def/252HP spread which basically guarantees 2 BDs, which some in the Ulgamoth thread love.

Since your Eggy runs lefties you could try out Sub>Sleep Powder to allow you to avoid hitting switchins for minimal damage and evade pursuits. However if you take it off Venu then it may be best to leave it here. Again anything>Solarbeam due to TTar absolutely raping Eggy - try Leaf Storm in particular if you run Sub due to it allowing prediction more easily. HP Fire is always nice to catch the grasses and steels off guard.

Venusaur doesn't really need to run Timid - very little outspeeds it even with Modest, so try that. Again do not run Solarbeam, and seriously try a Growth set - they sweep whole teams with ease. I'd recommend say Petal Dance or Power Whip/EQ/HP Fire, or Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Hp Fire. Giga Drain serves excellently to recover your LO HP loss, and has pretty good power due to STAB. The only things walling this set will be Chansey/Blissey and Heatran (whom your other members can take) - sludge bomb deals with Dragons nicely.

Go Physical with Arcanine, he is outclassed by other Fires as a special attacker. I'd keep Flash Fire, it is invaluable on a Sun team, but be sure to run Extremespeed as a vital revenging tool, and Close Combat too to destroy TTars (over Crunch). Morning Sun is very useful to recover your Flare Blitz recoil, and LO damage.

Instead of Claydol I'd try a spinner like Forretress who can take the lead spot, possibly put up SR and pass slow Volt Changes to your Ninetales, allowing you to safely set sun. Be wary of the multitude of MixTar leads, however, who love to fire blast you down to 1HP.

Hope this helps (also be sure your fire types have odd HP to allow more SR switchins).

I was thinking about forretress, which moves should I put to it besides spikes and rapid spin?
Well in order to hit everything (ie random sashers) i use SR as the first hazard, rapid spin and volt change to assist Tales, and Gyro Ball with Min speed to hit TTars and other rocks hard if need be (as well as dragons with no fire move). Spikes is an option over Gyro Ball but I like him to have some offense.

Out of interest what tier do you play?

Well in order to hit everything (ie random sashers) i use SR as the first hazard, rapid spin and volt change to assist Tales, and Gyro Ball with Min speed to hit TTars and other rocks hard if need be (as well as dragons with no fire move). Spikes is an option over Gyro Ball but I like him to have some offense.

Out of interest what tier do you play?
Which item should I put to it? And EV spread? Is it a good idea to give it a sassy nature?

And I don't think I play a Tier... I just make balanced teams using pokémon I like, but I'd say that most of them are OU...

Which item should I put to it? And EV spread? Is it a good idea to give it a sassy nature?

And I don't think I play a Tier... I just make balanced teams using pokémon I like, but I'd say that most of them are OU...
Lefties, I run 0Spe IV and Relaxed with 248 HP for a lefties number and then 252 SpDef and 8 Def.

And well, what is the banlist and ruleset? And what platform do you plan on playing on?

Helps to know these things so people can better advise you on how to respond to the threats you may face.

I play in pokémon online, I don't have the time to breed 9832479238478472834748 eggs to get the right natures and IVs...

And why not sassy? It already has great physical defenses :S

I play in pokémon online, I don't have the time to breed 9832479238478472834748 eggs to get the right natures and IVs...

And why not sassy? It already has great physical defenses :S
Fair play, do you play on the PO server or the smogon one? And are you planning on playing in Dream World or OU?

And well Relaxed reduces its attack so if you run EQ you don't want that, but if using Gyro Ball Relaxed cuts your speed, giving it more power and creating an even slower Volt Change to get Tales in safely.

The logic behind +Def over +Spdef is that overall you get more stat points out of it because it's a highr stat, but its entirely up to you to be honest.

forestflamerunner

Ain't no rest for the wicked
i am not liking this lack of steel types. something like dragonite or salamence can set up on arcanine or ninetails and countinue to pwn you with outrage or dracometeor and you could do little to stop him. throw hp ice on venesaur at least, so you can revenge the dragon type. also, take the advice to change claydol to forry, your team will thank you for it

Fair play, do you play on the PO server or the smogon one? And are you planning on playing in Dream World or OU?

And well Relaxed reduces its attack so if you run EQ you don't want that, but if using Gyro Ball Relaxed cuts your speed, giving it more power and creating an even slower Volt Change to get Tales in safely.

The logic behind +Def over +Spdef is that overall you get more stat points out of it because it's a highr stat, but its entirely up to you to be honest.
No, I don't play in Smogon or PO servers, I play in spanish speaking servers. And I do NOT accept challenges from people who use legendaries.

i am not liking this lack of steel types. something like dragonite or salamence can set up on arcanine or ninetails and countinue to pwn you with outrage or dracometeor and you could do little to stop him. throw hp ice on venesaur at least, so you can revenge the dragon type. also, take the advice to change claydol to forry, your team will thank you for it
Which one should I take and replace with which one?

playing with only sun this generation ill give this advise

try a 252 SpD/252 Defense/4 Hp Relaxed Ninetales. i've found this set to be insainly bulky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)