Rate My Team please, Doubles OU Electro-Ground Team

Hello,

before starting , i'd like to tell you that this is my first post, and my english is not perfect, so my apologies for any errors.

I'd like to show you a team i build for SM Doubles OU , and ask the community for suggestions which are always highly appreciated.

This is an hyper-offensive team essentialy based on the electro-ground spam core of Zapdos and Garchomp. The first one has specs in order to have max damage output,alongside with a jolly nature to outspeed slower ones. Garchomp is scarfed, and his main duty is to clean the field from electric and fire types.

I added first an offensive automize version of Celesteela , with giga drain in order to destroy the common swampert,seen so often in rain teams, and begin setup, and it's flying type is usefull with Garchomp. Then i added Abomasnow as a trick room answer in conjunction with celesteela. If garchomp faints, it can be replaced by Excadrill, which is also scarfed, a little bit slower , garchomp is better at the beginning of the match because boosts are frequent. Then as last mon i added moltres for another earthquake immunity. Here the details:

-Garchomp @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Rough Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Stone Edge

- Dragon Claw

- I almost always run earthquake or rockslide. Stone edge is runned for araquanid , which can carry wide guard, move that completely block my game. Dragon claw is for the opponent's Garchomp,though i usually go for earthquake cause it hits more things around.

-Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Air Cutter

- Discharge to hit everything that doesn't resist to it, heat wave is used for bulky steel types such as ferrothorn, scizor, and also for grass types which otherwise resist earthquake. Hp ice for coverage against lando-t / gliscor / garchomp / zygarde and others. I'm not sure about air slash, also if turned out usefull against scrafty and bulky grass teams.

Celesteela @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Autotomize

- This set is made to maximize outpout damage. Giga-Drain for Swampert and other water types, flash cannon is for coverage against fairies that can ko garchomp and flamethrower is for coverage.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Protect

- One of the problems with celesteela is that i cannot send it in if i decide to go for discharge with zapdos. Abomasnow take discharge damage pretty well. The ev spread is choose to maximize ice shard damage.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

- Garchomp number 2 , but resists fairies and can ko them with iron head, and it's also the spinner of the team.

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

-It has a rasoneable 306 speed, and with this ev spread it does also a good damage while being immune to earthquake. Heat Wave is the main stab move, Hurricane can be surprisingly usefull against rain teams which often have a clorophyll sweeper, and with the z-move it can hit hard all that doesn't resist to it. Hp ice is again for coverage against dragons or ground pokemon.

TEAM ISSUES:

- Trick room : Also with abomasnow on the team, trick room teams are still hard to deal with. I've seen many TR teams running Mega-Camerupt ,which is an enormeous threat for my team if trick room is on.

- Tailwind: On the other side, with tailwind scarf would often be useless, and celesteela set can be nullified.

- Thundurus-Therian: Though it's hurt by all the ice moves that my team runs, it can switch in combined discharge-earthquake attack and be unharmed.

Here some relays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-694168427
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-694160490

Any suggestions or ideas welcome are welcome :D

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Welcome to dou technician! I'm afraid dishcharge spam isn't exactly the most viable of strategies and garchomp (scarf or not) isn't exactly the most viable threat. Also outside of your scarfers your team seems to lack forms of speed control such as tailwind or trick room and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of offensive of defensive synergy on the team either. https://pastebin.com/PBEguhNB Here is a more standard looking team built by successful tour player Frania that provides some of the mons/themes you had in your team. Mega Metagross provides an offensive steel type that provides more immediate offensive presence than celesteela, who has to take a turn to autonomize. Zapdos is often times better used as a bulky utility mon that supports the team through setting up tailwind and breaking down bulky water types, which it seemed was a pivotal role for your abomasnow. Excadrill really likes being able to switch up its moves and when paired with ttar it still is able to outspeed many opposing mons. Also taking away the 4x rock weak moltres keeps you from wanting hazard removal as badly. Tyranitar helps vs opposing weather, just like abomasnow, while providing more utility in stealth rocks and while not being as painfully slow. Finally, tapu fini and kyurem-b both act as bulky pivots that are needed to take hits from opposing water types like kingdra, and both provide team support through heal pulse and icy wind respectively. Sorry if this wasn't exactly what you wanted or expected, but hopefully I was able to help nonetheless
USUM Doubles Discussion Thread
Doubles Team Bazaar (contains Sample Teams)
Doubles Teambuilding Competition
Doubles Newsroom
Doubles Viability Rankings
Doubles Teambuilding Framework
Here are some useful links that can both shed some more light onto how to build successful teams and get you more involved in the doubles community.

there's probably not much most people would like to add to the post above as it explains pretty much what should be done, but i just wanted to echo that discharge spam is not considered viable. you can come to the dou room on showdown for live advice if you'd like ! but mostly i wanted to recomend building with pokemon in the viability rankings as it's usually a safer option since pokemon there have already shown potential

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)