SM OU Rate my team =s

Hi there, I'm just a Starter on this competitive pokemon thing, that always interested me. the problem is that i always feel like my teams are full of flaws and ect. i decided then to look deep into smogon and keep improving my team bit by bit.i finally started to climb the ladder slowly but i ended up discovering this RMT so id like some advice on what to improve​

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
---------------------
Ferrothorn is my sub setter/wall and my latest entry on the team, I try to use it to start when i can't do it with Landorus and to tank/force switchs while setting spikes to punish them. Iron head is the only supereffective method to take off fairy types. The setup works very well in my team because i constantly force switch ins. also ferrothorn is my chansey/Blissey destroyer
---------------------
Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

---------------------
Lopunny is my main wallbreaker, it takes out Steel types with ease,Grass types and it's my main bait to ground or fly pokes.Ice punch is one of the only ways i have to deal with ground without using serperior. It's also my main way to deal with steel types and force even more switches from the enemy.I also try to dont lose her since my team just kinda falls apart if she dies early
---------------------

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Destiny Bond
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

---------------------

Mimikyu is my main way to deal with psychic/dragon/dark types also my strongest revenge killer ((disguise And ghostium Z)) and if she ends up not having any use i try to destiny bond in order to kill any big threats in late game. Also, sometimes im able to do 2 swords dance and sweep with her, killing most of the enemy team or a good chunk of it.

---------------------

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

---------------------
Rotom-wash is my only water type wall,most of the time i use it to force switches and pressure ground/fire/flying pokemon while tanking attacks redirected to my lopunny/ferrothorn. I use it also to wear down some walls like ferrothorn with with will o wisp and even as a safe way to put seperior or mimikyu on the camp to attempt a sweep
---------------------

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

---------------------
Landorus is my ground poke and my starter on 99% of the matches, setting up stealth rock and trying to bait the enemy's defoger or even killing up the enemy setter. He's also my only way to deal with eletric and poison types so i try to keep him alive atleast while there's something on the enemy team that he counters. after that i use him to maybe pivot my way in serperior/mimikyu
---------------------

Serperior (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Defog
- Knock Off

---------------------
Serperior is my main sweeper. leaf storm + contrary + choice scarf combo. Sometimes i use it to knock off leftovers from a wall or to defog after their setters are dead. Most of the games i win by sweeping with seperior after killing all his checks so most of the time only use him close to the end

That's it, sorry for any gramar errors,english is not my best nor my main language. any advice will help.

one information that may be useful is that i just cant win a zapdos,it destroys me
Edit#1:I missed landorus moves

Last edited:
I think you should you should change Glare for Hidden Power Fire on your Serperior. As it only purpose is sweep, and is holding a Choice Scarf, there is no reason to use a supportive move like Glare. Excluding that, your team is very nice.

Last edited:
I'd replace Fire Punch on Lop with Return or Frustration. Pretty much every Fire Punch target is hit harder by High Jump Kick or Return/Frustration thanks to their higher base power and STAB.

I think you should you should change Glare for Hidden Power Fire on your Serperior. As it only purpose is sweep, and is holding a Choice Scarf, there is no reason to use a supportive move like Glare. Excluding that, your team is very nice.
Ok! Thx!

Hey Radda98, Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn (with 0 speed ev's or iv's) instead of Iron Head hits many mons much harder and can be used to shut down fast sweepers or sweepers that boost speed. Defog might want to be changed to Lando-T instead of Serp because Serp is choice locked into it and isnt tanky/doesn't have a great switch in to help it. If you choice lock into Defog on Serp who is frail, you give the opponent a free turn to punish a lot harder rather than if you had a tanky choice scarf defog (like Zapdos, however having a choice scarf defogger is usually a bad idea and I wouldn't recommend it) or if you had it on Lando-T. Instead of Destiny Bond on Mikmikyu, I'd run Shadow Sneak because it isn't that fast and his ability makes it easy to setup a free Swords Dance. The priority on Shadow Sneak would help a lot.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Hey Radda98, Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn (with 0 speed ev's or iv's) instead of Iron Head hits many mons much harder and can be used to shut down fast sweepers or sweepers that boost speed.
But Iron Head forces flinch, and that’s what’s so interesting about this set, as most people go with Gyro Ball. In fact, I didn’t even know Ferrothorn had Iron Head until now. Changing all future Ferrothorn sets to Iron Head :)

Ferrothorn is so slow that Iron Head's flinch chance might as well not exist. If you want a legitimate reason to use Iron Head, it's the fact that it has more PP than Gyro Ball.

But Iron Head forces flinch, and that’s what’s so interesting about this set, as most people go with Gyro Ball. In fact, I didn’t even know Ferrothorn had Iron Head until now. Changing all future Ferrothorn sets to Iron Head :)
The flinch is very unreliable and ferrothron is so slow that it wouldn't be able to flinch anything anyways. Gyro Ball is better in practically every way.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
whoops. I was too rushed. Forgot Ferrothorn is so slow.
i think shadow sneak instead of destiny bond suits mimikyu better
It already has Shadow Claw to deal damage. Destiny Bond could force a switch. Or cause one of the 'mons to faint.

whoops. I was too rushed. Forgot Ferrothorn is so slow.

It already has Shadow Claw to deal damage. Destiny Bond could force a switch. Or cause one of the 'mons to faint.
Hey, not to be rude dude but I don't believe you know fully what you are talking about. Shadow sneak would be run because Mimikyu isn't as fast as a lot of other Pokemon and can be easily outsped and killed. Shadow sneak gives him an opportunity to hit the Pokemon that are otherwise faster and could KO him, for stab +2 damage. With my other comment on Ferrothron, it just doesn't sound like you are considering why moves are ran and I'd be down to talk to you about why certain things are run and why certain things work better than others.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Sorry. Was I being stupid? I’m new here to the competitive scene (and maybe being 12 doesn’t help things) so I post what I think is ok and see what comments people say. I’m not that familiar with the moves.

Sorry. Was I being stupid? I’m new here to the competitive scene (and maybe being 12 doesn’t help things) so I post what I think is ok and see what comments people say. I’m not that familiar with the moves.
Not saying youre stupid no I'm saying you might not know what is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)