Rate My UU Rain Team (For OU)

I've tried tons of teams, from BP teams to Hail teams, but no team fixed to me or my winning streak, so I said to myself, "Why don't I try a Rain Team? In fact, let's make it UU!" so WTH I just made it, it's conformed by this guys:
Lead:
Electrode:

Naive Nature
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Def - 176 Spe - 80 SpA
Item: Damp Rock

1. Rain Dance
  2. Taunt
  3. Thunder
  4. Explosion
Electrode is a very popular lead in the rain dance teams, but when I started using it the fail on taunts got me annoyed so, I changed the nature, the EV spread and the way to put it to work, you shoulb be wondering, "Why full Def on such a frail pokemon?" the only lead able to KO this electrode with EQ is Metagross and Electrode has a 50% chance to survive, now about the strategy, The speed EVs are enough to outsped full Speed aerodactyl, Set up rain dance, if it lays SR I thunder twice and it's dead and if it EQs I win because of the speed. Taunt is left to another leads that are not a real threat but can cause problems with hazards (Bronzong, Roserade, Swampert ca be taunted on SR, otherwise just explode) and Explosion is a last resort, and well static has a real chance to paralize the Fake Out leads; and if Electrode survives, it can come later in the match to set up 8 turn rain again.
The Rain Abusers:
Ludicolo:

Modest Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA - 252 Spe - 4Def
Item: Life Orb

1. Surf
  2. Energy Ball
  3. Ice Beam
  4. Hidden Power Bug
Ludicolo is basic for a rain team, it gets a faboulous 140 base speed on the rain and it can kill any scarfed target with ease with double STAB Surfs and if celebi tryes to wall you, Hidden Power Bug with teach it a lesson on that nasty x4 weakness, it can sweep through an unaware team.

Kabutops:

Adamant Nature
EVs: 32 HP - 252 Atk - 208 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim

1. Swords Dance
  2. Waterfall
  3. Stone Edge
  4. Aqua Jet
Kabutops is the physical Ludicolo on my team, but it has a boost, it can set up on the switch, and kabutops can get this switch ins thanks to the U-turn support from Staraptor. Aqua Jet stops dead Infernape trying to Vacuum Wave you and it can kill off almost any pokemon with Swords Danced, STAB Rain Boosted Waterfalls and STAB Stone Edges.

Toxicroak:

Adamant Nature
EVs: 4HP - 252Atk - 252 Spe
Ability: Dry Skin

1. Cross Chop
  2. Sucker Punch
  3. Poison Jab
  4. Ice Punch
Toxicroak can be devastating with Sucker Punches and STAB Cross Chops, plus, it heals off all the Life Orb Recoil thanks to the rain, and it can finish off the frail set uppers like Latias with Sucker Punch when she thinks that she can finish off with the terrible defences of toxicroak, making a safe OHKO on her, and stop cold blissey switching into Toxic and absorbing Toxic Spikes makes a great adittion to my Rain Team, plus any greedy Dragon like Salamence setting up Dragon Dances can be dealt with Ice Punch, and has a high chance to OHKO Impish Gliscor and if it survives the switch, iits killed later on by Sucker Punch.

The Needed Pokes
Lanturn:

Bold Nature
EVs: 4HP - 252Def - 252 SpDef
Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: Damp Rock

1. Rain Dance
  2. Surf
  3. Confuse Ray
  4. Heal Bell
Lanturn is here to aid in the Rain Dance set up on the late battle, the EVs are done for it to be as sturdy as possible, and it's 3HKOed by most EQs, what makes possible a set up or Rain Dance or Confuse Ray, then Surf if I can hit superefectively; Heal Bell when are crippled Pokemons on the party or switch out.

Staraptor:

Adamant Nature
EVs: 60 HP - 252Atk - 196 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Choice Scarf

1. Brave Bird
  2. Double Edge
  3. Close Combat
  4. U-turn
Staraptor is such a great pokemon, and I BADLY needed an EQ inmunity on the team, plus it aids Kabutops on its set up and it can destroy much things, with 2 120 Base Power STABs and Close Combat, it can smash almost everything, and it can make switch ins and scouting with U-turn will ease prediction.

I was running a Floatzel, it was great, but the team was too offensive and too frail to EQ so Staraptor took its place, plus is not dependable of the Rain Dance to kill people
Thanks for reading, please comment and rate!

Hello,

You need at least 3 Rain sweepers and 3 Rain Dance users. Change HP on Ludicolo to Rain Dance, as you won't need HP Bug much (in fact only for Celabi).
On Kabutops 204 Spe EVs will suffice, but the set is okay.
Ludicolo is also okay if you change HP to Rain Dance.
Electrode is fine if you think you absolutely need the Def Evs. Otherwise moving them to attack or SpAttack will help more.
Toxicroek is pretty useless in OU, as the recovery provided by rain won't help it enough. You'd better use a reliable late game sweeper in that slot, one who is able to clean up after your Rain sweepers do their job. I would suggest SD Scizor. It will also benefit from Rain, only having one 2x weakness.
Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant-252Atk, 224Spe, 32HP
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
You should also drop Sraraptor. It doesn't really do anything for your team. As you're in need of a thidr Rain sweeper I would suggest Kingdra in that slot. It is a very potent special sweeper in Rain and it can still beat Blissey with Waterfall.
Kingdra@Life Orb
Naughty-252Atk, 240SpAtk, 16Spe
Swift Swim
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Waterfall
-HP Electric/Signal Beam
HP is for Gyarados while Signal Beam hits Celebi.

Hope I could help. Good Luck !

I'll give it a shot to every suggestion, thanks man that's what I needed, but basically staraptor was revenge killer and a EQ inmunity that I needed so bad, but I'll check it out

I'm glad my suggestions helped you.

Well, you'll probably (and hopefully) never need a revenge killer in such a super offensive team. You try to set up rain and won't stop attacking until your opponent lost or your sweeper dies. So your opponents' sweepers should never get the chance to set up.
Also even if you really want to use a revenge killer, that shouldn't be Staraptor. Stealth Rock and Recoil will probably only give it up to two chances to attack. A choice Scarf Jirachi or Flygon will work much better.
Anyway, I wouldn't use a revenge killer at all for the reasons stated above.

Good Luck !

I agree, you need another rain dancer.

Why not use crobat?
Crobat
Jolly
104 HP/152 Atk/252 Spe
Damp Rock
Brave Bird[/U-turn?]
Taunt
Roost
Rain Dance

Props for using UUs (and a BL) in OU!

If you want to deal with Psychic Types, use X-Scissor on Kabutops. With his retarded speed and attack, it'll be brutal to deal with.

Get another Rain Dancer for sure, I highly recommend Kingdra.

Kingdra
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Naughty
Life Orb
~Rain Dance
~Waterfall
~Hydro Pump
~Draco Meteor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)