RBY/GSC/ADV OU Mashup - Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Approved by the Tourney Mod team

RBY/GSC/ADV OU Mashup

What is it?

The RBY/ADV/GSC OU Mashup tournament is one where players familiar with the "old school" era of pokemon are pit against each other in a best of three match, playing each of RBY, GSC and ADV once.

Rules

Official tournament rules can be found here. Specific rules and other information regarding this tournament can be found here. (**)

1)
IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY OF THESE GENERATIONS BEFORE, THIS TOURNAMENT IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT FOR YOU. I REPEAT...or rather, just read the damn thing again and again and again....and again.

2) If you are new to Netbattle, you should maybe sit this one out as well.

3) Battle modes should be carefully checked when team building to ensure that your team is being built to suit the respective gen. requirements.

(**) Since the original interest thread is locked, i am no longer able to post edits there, so i will state here what has changed since then:

• With the recent alterations of the official gsc tournament rules, legendary pokemon are now ALLOWED to use Hidden Power. That change will be reflected in this tournament.

• Each round, i will randomly select one of the three generations that will be played first. For subsequent games, the generation played is decided by the loser of the previous game.

Sign-ups

This will be a 32-player tournament (more if the turnout accommodates it). The first 16 players will be selected by the host. The remaining 16 will join on a first-come first-serve basis. Sign-ups will go on for 2 days.

EDIT: Yes, i will be picking subs as well.

Players

The following people made the cut:

1) Jackal
2) Veteran In Love
3) FM
4) G80
5) goofball
6) Loki
7) Umby
8) gotei(13) hyorinmaru
9) homsar
10)Floppy
11)spies
12)Pyrotechnix
13)Mekkah
14)Somebody
15)CaptKirby
16)Huy
17)JabbaTheGriffin
18)Thorns
19)The_Chaser
20)Mizuno
21)Giga Punch
22)Aeroblacktyl
23)Ala
24)JMC
25)Aeolus
26)zerowing
27)husk
28)locopoke
29)]V[ajin Tupac_Z
30)hanke
31)Sk
32)Lesm46

Substitutes:

1. alive
  2. kael
  3. drcossack
  4. LonelyNess
  5. Arin
  6. Earthworm
  7. KnightoftheWind
  8. 6A9 Ace Matador
  9. Serendipity
  10. Sapientia
  11. Seafunks
  12. askninjask
Subs will be chosen from top-down.

If you are unsure/unclear about something, please ask, and i'll attempt to reassure/clarify. That's all for now.

Actually, never mind. I don't think this tournament is for me and I would waste a slot for someone more deserving.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Just to be clear, this tournament is not a chance to "learn" the oldgens - as i so boldly stated in the rules.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ive never been more in anything

i am going to echo floppys sentiments... us old guys haven't gotten to play these gens competitively in a long ass time... we dont want to have to weed through people who have played 10 adv battles and think they got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)