[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

This Pokemon is not competitively viable, but I just want to know. Again, if possible, explain how you know if it is hacked / not hacked

Language: ENG
Species: Dialga
OT: Abysis
ID No.: 09900
IVs: 31/6/12/31/24/31
EVs (optional): 162 HP / 8 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 80 Sp. Def
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Dialga
Level: 100
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Flash Cannon, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor
Nature: Quiet
Region of origin: Faraway Place
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): I requested a Dialga on the GTS to complete my Pokedex and got this. This is on my Pokemon Y game.

Last edited:
This Pokemon is not competitively viable, but I just want to know. Again, if possible, explain how you know if it is hacked / not hacked

Species: Dialga
OT: Abysis
ID No.: 09900
IVs: 31/6/12/31/24/31
EVs (optional): 162 HP / 8 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 80 Sp. Def
Pokemon's name: Dialga
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Moves: Flash Cannon, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor
Nature: Quiet
Region of origin: Faraway Place
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): I requested a Dialga on the GTS to complete my Pokedex and got this. This is on my Pokemon Y game.
It looks like a random shiny AS Dialga, but since it's a 6th gen mon it's a lot harder to tell if it's a hack or not. Useless either way.

Hello, I'd like to ask around and confirm whether this Medicham is hacked or not

Language: GER
Species: Medicham
OT: Noa
ID No.: 21209
IVs: 31/31/31/27/31/31
EVs (optional):252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Pure Power
Pokemon's name: Medicham
Level: 67
Pokeball: Quick Ball
Moves: Baton Pass, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Quick Guard
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Takes Plenty of Siestas
Other comments: This is my first time ever hack-checking a Pokemon, so I'd really appreciate recommendations to do anything that I overlooked to prove legitimacy and legality.

Hello, I'd like to ask around and confirm whether this Medicham is hacked or not

Language: GER
Species: Medicham
OT: Noa
ID No.: 21209
IVs: 31/31/31/27/31/31
EVs (optional):252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Pure Power
Pokemon's name: Medicham
Level: 67
Pokeball: Quick Ball
Moves: Baton Pass, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Quick Guard
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Takes Plenty of Siestas
Other comments: This is my first time ever hack-checking a Pokemon, so I'd really appreciate recommendations to do anything that I overlooked to prove legitimacy and legality.
lol dude

I did send you this Meditite...
and I can guarantee you that it is legit, because I personally did breed it, I did find the TSV match for it and I did clone it myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/497jwo/1722/d12z98k

Last edited:
Hi there, I have a Pikachu Event. Just wondering if you guys can help me tell whether it's legit. I got it from a trade at GameFAQS and I know it's a clone since the trader says so.

Language: JPN
Species: Pikachu
OT: オンライン
ID No.: 02056
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Static
Pokemon's name: ピカチュウ
Level: 10
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Fly, Surf, Agility, Celebrate
Nature: Timid
Region of Origin: Apparently a fateful encounter
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: Souvenir Ribbon

Hi there, I have a Pikachu Event. Just wondering if you guys can help me tell whether it's legit. I got it from a trade at GameFAQS and I know it's a clone since the trader says so.

Species: Pikachu
OT: オンライン
ID No.: 02056
Ability: Static
Pokemon's name: ピカチュウ
Level: 10
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Fly, Surf, Agility, Celebrate
Region of Origin: Apparently a fateful encounter
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: Souvenir Ribbon
I'm not sure if you get the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs with this event, but I don't think you do. It's most likely hacked either way, but there's a slighty higher chance of it being legit if the 3IV thing applied for this event. It's legal at the very least.

I'm not sure if you get the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs with this event, but I don't think you do. It's most likely hacked either way, but there's a slighty higher chance of it being legit if the 3IV thing applied for this event. It's legal at the very least.
Thanks for the reply! Anyone knows if the perfect 3 IVs rule applies like Viridi pointed out? And I'm going to use this in-game either way since it's pretty cool to have a Pikachu Fly or Surf to take you places :)

Hi all, can I get a hack check on this please?

Species: Suicune
OT: Maehak
ID No.: 13481
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): N/A
Pokemon's name: Suicune
Level: 68
Pokeball: Dive
Moves: Ice Beam, Scald, Snarl, Tailwind
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Trackless Forest, Hoenn
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Other comments (optional): From Nugget Bridge :/

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi all, can I get a hack check on this please?

OT: Maehak
ID No.: 13481
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
Level: 68
Pokeball: Dive
Moves: Ice Beam, Scald, Snarl, Tailwind
Region of origin: Trackless Forest, Hoenn
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Other comments (optional): From Nugget Bridge :/
Well, its legal. Csnt guarantee it's legitimacy though, but if you can trace the source on NB then the best way to check would be to ask them.

Well, its legal. Csnt guarantee it's legitimacy though, but if you can trace the source on NB then the best way to check would be to ask them.
Thanks for the reply - I got it from the original trainer that SR'd it so no backward chain to dig up.

Claims its legitimate also.

I have another one for checking if possible:

Species: Cresselia
OT: Noah
ID No.: 56834
IVs: 31/13/31/31/31/32
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Cresselia
Level: 50
Pokeball: Master
Moves: Icy Wind, Helping Hand, Gravity, Skill Swap
Region of origin: Crescent Isle, Hoenn
Characteristic: Mischevious
Other comments (optional): N/A

Thanks for the reply - I got it from the original trainer that SR'd it so no backward chain to dig up.

Claims its legitimate also.

I have another one for checking if possible:

Species: Cresselia
OT: Noah
ID No.: 56834
IVs: 31/13/31/31/31/32
Pokemon's name: Cresselia
Pokeball: Master
Moves: Icy Wind, Helping Hand, Gravity, Skill Swap
Region of origin: Crescent Isle, Hoenn
Characteristic: Mischevious
Other comments (optional): N/A
32 speed ivs is an obvious hack.

Joking aside, again it's legal. The surefire way to tell with these things is to cross reference the ot/Id with a simple Google search. Unfortunately the only thing that comes up with this ot is from maehak's trade thread on nuggetbridge (I'm assuming that's where you got it as well) so there's no way to say whether it definitely is or isn't hacked.

32 speed ivs is an obvious hack.

Joking aside, again it's legal. The surefire way to tell with these things is to cross reference the ot/Id with a simple Google search. Unfortunately the only thing that comes up with this ot is from maehak's trade thread on nuggetbridge (I'm assuming that's where you got it as well) so there's no way to say whether it definitely is or isn't hacked.
After the huge number of times I've typed 31, I kinda hoped I would have gotten he hang of it by now!

Got both of them from Maehak, and I've asked about his Suicune which I'm a lot more comfortable about. Curiously the Cresselia has been banded around Smogon too, but in a limited capacity because of its origin.

Thanks for the reply :)

Curious as to this one's legality.

Species: Latios
OT: Ash
ID No.: 40070
EVs (optional): 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Pokemon's name: Latios
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Roost, Defog
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): All moves PP Maxed. Received via Wonder Trade.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Curious as to this one's legality.

Species: Latios
OT: Ash
ID No.: 40070
EVs (optional): 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Pokemon's name: Latios
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Roost, Defog
Characteristic: Plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): All moves PP Maxed. Received via Wonder Trade.
Why would anyone RNG a Gen III Flawless Shiny Defog Latios in a Pokeball? And then Wonder Trade it? Calling hack on this one.

Hey there! Has anyone seen this around?
Species: Groudon
OT: ShaBi
ID No.: 59434
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Drought
Pokemon's name: Groudon in japanese
Pokeball: Heal Ball
Moves: Eruption, Solar Beam, Earth Power, Protect
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Memories:"Groudon (japanese) met ShaBi at... a mystical place. ShaBi threw a Poké Ball at it, and they started to travel together. The Pokémon remembers that it was glad. And Groudon (japanese) became Sérgio´s fiend when it came though Link Trade at ... a Pokémon Center. The Pokémon remembers that it was teary eyed"
Other comments (optional): Got this from an online forum.

Hey there! Has anyone seen this around?
Species: Groudon
OT: ShaBi
ID No.: 59434
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Drought
Pokemon's name: Groudon in japanese
Pokeball: Heal Ball
Moves: Eruption, Solar Beam, Earth Power, Protect
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Memories:"Groudon (japanese) met ShaBi at... a mystical place. ShaBi threw a Poké Ball at it, and they started to travel together. The Pokémon remembers that it was glad. And Groudon (japanese) became Sérgio´s fiend when it came though Link Trade at ... a Pokémon Center. The Pokémon remembers that it was teary eyed"
Other comments (optional): Got this from an online forum.
Hacked.
It should say "Groudon met xxx at....somewhere." my bad, completely forgot about the memory checker in ORAS....

Additionally, if the language of the Pokemon was Japanese I'm fairly sure the OT (if using english letters) should use the blocky format (can't provide an example because on mobile)

Moderator edit:
Like this: ShaBi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hacked.
It should say "Groudon met xxx at....somewhere." my bad, completely forgot about the memory checker in ORAS....

Additionally, if the language of the Pokemon was Japanese I'm fairly sure the OT (if using english letters) should use the blocky format (can't provide an example because on mobile)

Moderator edit:
Like this: ShaBi
Yeah, the letters of the OT are just like that. But if it is a hack, to the trash it goes.
Thanks for the input.

I have access to Powersaves and KeySav; is there a way to check if wondercard Pokémon's internal region matches its supposed region of origin? Or something to that effect.
I got an injected SR'd event legendary from someone on Showdown Wi-Fi. I trust the guy and don't mind injected wondercards so that was alright, however he contacted me afterwards saying because he claimed the wondercard on an english cart it was illegal (region spoofing?).
Is there a way for me to check other received Pokémon for such inconsistency? I know you basically need to have specific software to detect such stuff.

Also what does this actually mean?

Last edited:

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Hack check this Suicune please? ^.^

Language: English
OT: Katey
ID No.: 01543
IVs: 31/4/31/30/31/30
EVs (optional): None
Pokeball: Dive Ball
Moves: Aurora Beam , Mist , Mirror Coat , Ice Fang
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Trackless Forest
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Other comments (optional): I asked a guy to SR 5 iv Modest Dive ball Suicune, and after a day (8 resets), he told me he got near flawless Suicune in Dive Ball, and surprisingly, it is the Hp Fire variant. Since he didn't capture a video, some people suspected it may be a hack. I did all the ingame hack checks, including memory girl, and it seems legal. I would like someone to hack check this using an external device to ensure the Pokemon have not been altered.

Thank you,
Mr.GX

This might belong in SQSA, but was hoping for a more focused answer rather than one en masse. That said, I'm happy to delete this comment and repost there if required.

Can anyone offer any clarity on the historic Shiny Arceus event? I've been well educated in what is legal and what is legit and what counts as legal trade tender within Smogon rules regarding Wondercard injection.

If I were to inject the shiny Wondercard rather than any of the 'typed' ones, does this count as legal? I'd love to share the outcome with the community but equally, I'd rather not waste my time if I can't.

Thanks for your time in advance.

This might belong in SQSA, but was hoping for a more focused answer rather than one en masse. That said, I'm happy to delete this comment and repost there if required.

Can anyone offer any clarity on the historic Shiny Arceus event? I've been well educated in what is legal and what is legit and what counts as legal trade tender within Smogon rules regarding Wondercard injection.

If I were to inject the shiny Wondercard rather than any of the 'typed' ones, does this count as legal? I'd love to share the outcome with the community but equally, I'd rather not waste my time if I can't.

Thanks for your time in advance.
As long as you mention that you injected the WC, you can trade it (though some people will refuse you because it was an injection).
Edit: I believe you also need to inject it on a Japanese cartridge on a Japanese 3DS since the event was only available in Japan

When I picked up my draco meteor jirachi in diamond pearl it had my OT. Is that normal? I got it at GameStop so no hacks.
Unless your OT matches the event's OT, there must have been some form of hacking involved.

As long as you mention that you injected the WC, you can trade it (though some people will refuse you because it was an injection).
Edit: I believe you also need to inject it on a Japanese cartridge on a Japanese 3DS since the event was only available in Japan
Thanks for the info.

Regarding region locks, are you sure it is necessary to have a Japanese Console and Game since it was a serial code event?

I don't see the difference between this and the recent Mewtwo event for which codes have been traded on Smogon.

Any further views/guidance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)