Recoilmons

approved by the immortal and eevee general
Recoilmons

OU based metagame

Do you want to use hyper beam variations? Do you think things don't die fast enough in standard play? Have you wondered how a pokemon could use a move 4x SE against itself?
Here, Recoilmons will account for all of these! As the name suggests, this is simply a metagame where all moves cause recoil damage.

Status moves:
They always deal recoil damage equal to 1/6 the user's full HP.
Direct damage moves:
  • The base recoil of a STAB offensive move is 1/3 the damage done to the foe.

• If the move is not STAB, the recoil varies by how effective the used move is against the user itself, between 1/2,1/3 and 1/5. This applies to fixed damage moves as well.
(That is, if the move is neutral to the user itself, the recoil is 1/3; if the move is SE against the user, the recoil is 1/2. If resisted or immune by the user, it is reduced to 1/5.)
  • Moves that originally has a negative effect other than recoil now deals 1.5x more recoil but have their original negative effect removed. These include stat drops (overheat), charge (Freeze Shock), recharge (Hyper Beam), confusion (Outrage), crash (Hi Jump Kick).
  • Moves that originally already cause recoil are unchanged. They do not take extra amount of recoil, and the recoil they deal is still typeless.
  • -ate abilities deal recoil of the final type.
  • Type resistance abilities (Thick Fat, Levitate, Flash Fire etc) does not reduce recoil damage.
  • Reckless, Magic Guard and Rock Head work for all moves.
Example:
Gengar, Gardevoir and Alakazam used focus blast=1/5
Haxorus used earthquake=1/3
Serperior used hp fire=1/2
Tyranitar used superpower=1/2 *1.5=3/4
Terrakion or Toxicroak used brick break=1/3
Dragonite used outrage=1/3 *1.5=1/2

Grass: fire, ice (hp)
Fire: rock, ground
Water:
Rock, steel: ground, fighting
Electric:
Ice: fighting, rock
Ground:
Poison:
Flying: ice
Bug: flying, fire, rock
Dragon: ice
Fighting:
Psychic: ghost
Dark: fighting
Ghost:
Fairy:
Normal: fighting

1/2 recover moves: now 1/3
wish+protect: now 1/6
substitute: 5/12
rest+talk: loses 1/2 the whole process

Crash damage from JK/HJK counts as recoil damage, as those moves are boosted by Reckless. I'm expecting there will be a lot of Giga Impact Staraptor flying around now, as well as maybe Tyrantrum, who gets free Outrages now.

In the OP you should also specify that moves that lock you into them no longer do that as you only mention the confusion part of outrage. other moves that do this include uproar(doesn't confuse) and petal dance.

Edit: also recoil moves here have a niche in dealing a set amount of recoil(and lots of them have recoil less than 1/2)

oh fuck hyper beam porygon-z sylveon and gardevoir mega welcome to 1v1
The whole point of this meta is everything should die fast
which is also the main reason why i didnt bring up #banclefable
Sylveon has more hp than gardevoir
maybe scarf?

I honestly see Tyrantrum being a ridiculous threat in this metagame. It could even choose to run Scarf if it so wants because literally everything else wears itself down so it doesn't need the extra power.
Hell, I see scarf > power boosting item being a trend for a ton of things in this meta for the very same reason. Looking fucking terrifying already; the speed creep is real.

Alomomola: Maximize your opponents' recoil damage with a huge HP stat, heal it off without doing damage to yourself with moves. In fact, Regenerator in general seems to be quite good here, as it's the only recovery that can be safely used at low HP.

Crash damage from JK/HJK counts as recoil damage, as those moves are boosted by Reckless. I'm expecting there will be a lot of Giga Impact Staraptor flying around now, as well as maybe Tyrantrum, who gets free Outrages now.
You forgot about Sky Attack. Anyway, Staraptor only sometimes runs Normal-type moves. But yeah, Tyrantrum is a huge threat. The best user of HJK is Mienshao, who I hope will see more usage in this meta.

Oh btw Physical attackers will appreciate giga impact especially mega pinsir which can make that flying type also crustle and rhyperior can use a 150 bp rock type move in rock wrecker that could see some usage

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Freeze Shock for Cube, Hyper Beam for all the ate mons... 90% acc I guess, but can't all be perfect. Odd that this meta's been here since March and has gotten lost among other stuff. It does sound like fun, hope someone codes it.

^not only hyper beam clones work for ate mons but pory-z (hyper beam) and rhyperior (rock wrecker) and charizard y (blast burn in sun with 159 sp.attack) and mega sceptile (frenzy plant) are also good note i didn't say hydro cannon because it's most famous user greninja is banned

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Man a few threats
Magic guard clef is the new cancer as nothing likes it now as no recoil!!!!!
Reg aero and alaka are brilliant as no recoil

SpartanMalice

Mr155551 That reminds me of something.

If ALL moves cause recoil damage, what about Explosion?

However, the only normal type that gets it is Lickilicky so not much of a problem I guess. Last Resort? What about that ?

Edit: Apparently Snorlax gets Selfdestruct. If all negative moves including the selfdestruction counts, well this would be a beast.

SpartanMalice

Ah well.
Anyway, with the talk of Clef and Kazam, they are pretty much the same, except clef tbh is actually worse as I'd miss that 30% chance of lowering SpA which more than often is like Scald from my experience (guess I'm just lucky).

Reckless mons. Staraptor now has three boosted attacks rather than CC lowering defenses. Not that it made much of a difference, it was already frail. The extra damage on CC is appreciated though I guess. Hitmonlee can use CC rather than HJK to avoid missing recoil and more acc, I guess.

Pory-Z's AdaptableBeam is gonna really, really, hurt. 225 base power without any items, so you can even afford to run scarf or maybe agility with LO. Might really hurt it too, though.

It's too bad blastoise's hydro cannon probably doesn't count as a launch move, even though it technically should flavorwise. Mega Launcher boosted HC would be destructive. It can still run it as an option with it's regular pulse moves I guess, should be stronger.

Edit: Does Focus Punch count as a charge move ?

Focus Punch isn't charge move because it acts on the same turn, it's a low priority move that has a max priority initiation move. Charge move refers to anything that Power Herb can be used for

SpartanMalice

Focus Punch isn't charge move because it acts on the same turn, it's a low priority move that has a max priority initiation move. Charge move refers to anything that Power Herb can be used for
Should be noted though that in the OP, he says that "all moves" and used the charge moves as an example of the improvements in the meta, I probably shouldn't have referred to just "charge moves" myself, mistake on my part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)