Reflecting on BW and Looking Ahead to Gen VI - SEE POST #508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Do you guys think the addition of Fairy means that Gamefreak is starting to care more about balance?
They certainly have to with VGC being as big as it is. There's also the fact that their servers are always collecting data and they use that data to craft the next games. Aside from Doubles & 3v3, they still see that "Free Battles" are very much 6v6 Battles and I would go so far as to tell you that they know the gist of our tiers as well. When they look at all that data showing Politoed being used more than Kyorge or Arceus, you'd better believe that they look for a reason. Whether or not they know of Smogon's existence, they certainly know there's a force in place that restricts those Uber Pokemon so they may be balancing as such.

Also, I'm completely convinced Game Freak has someone that at least keeps tabs on Smogon just by the fact that Honedge not only exists, but it was given its own reveal trailer.
The fabled Steel/Ghost-mon EXISTS, folks! Not quite Kitsunoh, but good enough!
3D battles, a hard nerf to Dragons & Fighting-types, a Steel/Ghost-type, AND they still haven't released Shadow Tag Chandy, I mean it must be the Year of Jirachi because all of our collective wishes are coming true.

Wishlist of gen VI

1. Instant trick room ability. With this , it gives a big advantage to slow pokemon such as forretress, and shuckle. That will allow them to set up entry hazards or bulk up a little.

2. I dont think this will happen but a combination of 3 types. Positive thing about this : Less supereffectives to be 4x( such as bug, steel, ground.

3. Able to "copy" moves and turn it into the users primary type, or secondary. Ex. Mudkip "copies" Tepigs flamethrower, becomes (Water) flamethrower, since mudkips primary type is water. If dual type the user should be able to choose the move type.

4. New type combos ( I agree with articblast) about ghost/steel, there should also be a combo of fire/water.

5. We should be able to choose a second region to travel like on a boat. Ex Kalos 1st region, hoenn 2nd region, this was one of the best ideas in HG/SS

6. Moar shiny interactable pokemon like shiny gyrados, and haxorus.

7. Something similar to the pokewalker and dream world. Or they'll just keep the dream world with the fascinating DW abilities.

8. Finally last one. More PC boxes unlike BW/BW 2 there should be enough for every single pokemon including NFE's.

Thank u for reading, really looking forward for what gamefreak is gonna do

More gen 6 news:
Xerneas is fairy. His ability reinforces fairy type moves for himself and other pokemon, don't know if it's like weather or only for duo/tri battling. He has a signature fairy move.
Yvetail is dark/flying. His ability reinforces dark type moves for himself and other pokemon, don't know if it's like weather or only for duo/tri battling. He has a signature dark move.

Xerneas could be very good in ubers.
Yvetail has a 4x rock weakness and no regenerator. Depending on stats/movepool, this may drop him to OU.

With regards to trick room and gravity the best you can hope for is rock items that make them last 8 turns although making new abilities for insta rooms/gravity is interesting and certainly doable...

In which case one must ask does that stack with other auto abilities? Can we have Auto Trick + Drought teams or Gravity + Sand Stream?

Some of things that I really want from gen 6 are:
1. A reliable spinner for sun teams. Sun teams are so powerful offensively, but their strongest abusers are stealth rock weak; with some (Volcarona and Moltres) being 4x weak! If Sun teams had a good spinner (donphan is crap) then these pokemon would be completely unstoppable
2. A viable user of Harvest. LumRest with Harvest is great defensively, but the only users are Tropius and Exeggutor. if a good Harvest user existed, sun stall would be far more viable then it is now, and would be a reason to run it over rain stall
3. A ghost/steel pokemon. I know lots of people say this, but it would be an amazing addition to stall and balanced teams. without the fighting weakness, it would be a great addition, bringing down the viability of the plethora of fighting types, as well as helping against steel types.
knowing Nintendo, these things probably won't happen, but if it did I would be over the moon

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I didn't know where to put this observation so here seems like a good place.

In X+Y, dragons get incredibly nerfed by fairy.

Even if fairies aren't run frequently, lest the typing ends up canceling outrage, dragons now pretty much have to use dragon claw, otherwise they risk 3 turns of inactivity while they are locked into outrage.

Of course one can just make sure to eliminate fairies prior to outraging, but then the dragon type is practically useless for the whole match.

80 bp is a huge gain over 130 bp (for the other end of the dragons) and maybe it won't be as neccesary to stack steel types (though dmeteor spam still sucks kind of)

Dragons don't become incredibly nerfed... If I remember right, they're weak to Steel moves?
Magnezone just has a bigger role now in that the player also needs to click Flash Cannon instead of Thunderbolt and HP Fire.
And who's to say Fairies are as good as they're putting them out to be? What if they're primarily defensive and once they get out there they can't do much to them besides spam Toxic? We don't know what OU fairies will look like yet, but as far as I'm concerned 4Drag2Mag might turn into 3Drag2Mag and another steel or something. I can't think of a clever name. Poison types do just the same, Gengar can just spam Sludge Bomb.

Well, we know so far that at least Gardevoir, who has a very appreciable 125 Special Attack is becoming part-Fairy. Marill is also getting Fairy, and if that carries over to Azumarill then that's another hard-hitter. Sylveon will also likely carry the trend of Eeveelutions having those base 130 and 110 stats (thought we don't know where those are going) so it could potentially be hitting hard. In my opinion, this could mean the end of Choiced Dragons. I mean, I know Choice Specs/Scarf Latios is the only one that's really common nowadays, but an immunity to Dragon no matter what other factors is still absolutely huge.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm really liking the idea of a Ghost / Fairy pokemon; it would almost certainly be OU. As it is, Mismagius is already a perfect candidate with Misdreavus being based off a banshee, and I think if it were to become Ghost/Fairy it would be the premiere OU Ghost. A whopping 4 immunities (thanks to levitate), along with some more niche resistances like Bug and Normal are fantastic. And if the other rumors are true, Missy will have super-effective coverage on Fighting and Dark types as well, making it a difficult pokemon to trap with Pursuit. A simple set of Sub / CM or NP / Shadow Ball / Fairy Attack would have stellar coverage, allowing Mismagius to check a wide range of pokemon while still maintaining its own offensive presence. Enough speed to outpace Garchomp is nice too.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, we know so far that at least Gardevoir, who has a very appreciable 125 Special Attack is becoming part-Fairy. Marill is also getting Fairy, and if that carries over to Azumarill then that's another hard-hitter. Sylveon will also likely carry the trend of Eeveelutions having those base 130 and 110 stats (thought we don't know where those are going) so it could potentially be hitting hard. In my opinion, this could mean the end of Choiced Dragons. I mean, I know Choice Specs/Scarf Latios is the only one that's really common nowadays, but an immunity to Dragon no matter what other factors is still absolutely huge.

Don't forget about Banded Dragonite (one of the best Choiced Dragons in OU), Scarf Moxie Mence, Kyurem-B's Choiced sets, and Banded Chomp will take a huge hit if 2-3 Fairy-types make it to OU. IF, of course, Fairy is indeed immune to the Dragon-type. I don't think they'll be non existent, but they'll have to resort to a more late game sweeping role. Salamence, Dragonite, and Kyurem-B will probably be affected the most out of all the Choiced Dragons, because they depend on their Dragon STAB more than some of the other Dragon-types in OU. Garchomp has EQ, Latios has Psyshock, Hydreigon has Dark Pulse, etc.

Dragon users are pretty much hoping at this point for good trappers, namely Shadow Chandy to be released early. I guess Goth is another good option, there is still hope...

Just thinking about the addition of Fairy-type and how I would have preferred modifying the type chart like they did for GSC, and I realized it's still technically possible for them to do both. If they want to nerf the Dragon like they nerfed Psychic, then they would probably want to give something like Ice-types a Dragon resist, since Dragons are still really powerful. This is also assuming the other weaknesses/resists/etc. are true. I know this is pretty heavy speculation, but I felt it fits in with the discussion and not out of the question given GameFreak did this last time a new type was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)