Regaining Trust

It's a thing called i-Doser.

It's music meant to help you kick the habit of drugs and stuff by emulating your drug of choise, without the nasty side-effects. After about a week, your addiction is as good as gone, replaced with a much shorter-lived, less harmful addiction.

I completely agree with DM here. When I was done reading this, the only thought that came to my mind was the fact that even after blowing up your second chance, you want to regain the trust of your parents (which is good) ....by smoking some more pot? Seriously dude, there's something very wrong there.

And I don't find the punishment harsh at all. No one wants their offspring to waste his life like that. If all your friends smoke pots and do drugs, then just go find some other friends. I am sure there are millions of other people in the world. Spending time with people who are already addicted won't help your cause if you want to stop this addiction. And about that girl, I understand you care about her but to be honest, she shouldn't be your priority atm. Get your life back on track first.

About regaining trust, tell your parents EVERYTHING. Every-freaking-thing. From what got you started to the fact that you want to stop this addiction (assuming that you really do). Who knows? They might actually help you out here. And moving out should never be an option when you are an addict.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with McGraw, Firestorm, DM, Pillo etc

The punishment, IMO, is nowhere near harsh. Are you used to having everything your own way? Most parents would've taken it far worse (the first time).

It seems like you're trying to regain trust just to 'go and do it again', which is completely retarded. While weed isn't as bad as most people make out (some of my friends do it every now and then, and I'll admit I have) it's only going to lead you onto harder drugs again eventually if you do it a lot. You know you'll be talked into it by other people if you don't just stray onto it yourself. Judging by how seriously your parents have started to take this, it'll just be a lot worse the next time you get busted, and let's face it, you will.

It's best to just deal with the punishment and when your parents think the time is right, they'll let you off the hook (but still be more watchful over you). Don't go and do drugs again, you'll only ruin your life next time and probably end up on the streets. Unless that's what you want, then go for it.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Um no, I don't think I was clear. I don't want to do any of that anymore. I don't want them to trust me so I can deceive them and return to old habits; I want them to trust me so I can move on from this. I've been refusing to toke for weeks when my friends have offered. I'm over it, but my parents don't seem to realize it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)