Regarding Mac and Shoddy... ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone happen to know if there is any viable way to use Shoddy on Mac without virtual PC? If not, could someone possibly direct me to an appropriate virtual PC torrent download link, as I can't seem to find any. My computer is an older Mac, so it doesn't have virtual PC installed already, and any download I come across is for "updates" only.

thats no the solution dude what you need to do is throw that hunk of junk of a computer you have out the window go to a store that sells WINDOWS computers and buy yourself one

Why the hell would I do that? If I had the money, I would be sitting pretty with a new Macintosh laptop with virtual PC installed and no compatibility problems in the world. But that is a dream for a later date.

Right now, I need a temporary fix if possible.

Why the hell would I do that? If I had the money, I would be sitting pretty with a new Macintosh laptop with virtual PC installed and no compatibility problems in the world. But that is a dream for a later date.

Right now, I need a temporary fix if possible.
Virtual PC would be a temporary fix. I don't know why you think Virtual PC has no compatibility issues, but since Shoddy uses winsock it's going to give Virtual PC problems. And I don't think anyone here is going to help you pirate Virtual PC. You're more likely to get Windows running on VMWare(which is free normally, I dunno if the Mac version is free or not).

This is kind of a moot boint because, IIRC, Shoddy is cross-platform... meaning it should run on Mac natively.

And as for your dream computer, you might want to consider just getting a PC and emulating MacOS X(Darwin) on VMWare, as it runs better than emulating Windows on a Mac, and it's easier(more functional) than running a dual boot. Not to mention it costs about 1/3rd of doing it the other way.

Its called Shoddy for a reason.

I guess whining at Colin and Bearzly could get you an answer if no one here can help you, I certainly can't...

Virtual PC would be a temporary fix. I don't know why you think Virtual PC has no compatibility issues, but since Shoddy uses winsock it's going to give Virtual PC problems. And I don't think anyone here is going to help you pirate Virtual PC. You're more likely to get Windows running on VMWare(which is free normally, I dunno if the Mac version is free or not).

This is kind of a moot boint because, IIRC, Shoddy is cross-platform... meaning it should run on Mac natively.

And as for your dream computer, you might want to consider just getting a PC and emulating MacOS X(Darwin) on VMWare, as it runs better than emulating Windows on a Mac, and it's easier(more functional) than running a dual boot. Not to mention it costs about 1/3rd of doing it the other way.
I'm not really here to argue Mac vs PC, and I can't attest to virtual pc's pros and cons, but I would think it could run shoddy. Virtual PC would be a temporary fix, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well, your right about the piracy, as I can't expect people to assist with that. As for Shoddy working on Mac, so far it hasn't whenever I have downloaded it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are you talking about? Shoddy works perfectly fine on mac. *Logs in on Shoddy from his iBook* Yup, works fine. I don't get what this topic is about.

*decides to turn on his Toshiba PC too and battle himself over shoddy* What is this Windows v. Mac? <-- Windows + Mac user ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)