rejected from attending classes at smogon university

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's ok smogonu isn't even that great unless you get into the fantastic frat known as #strongs

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Allow me to present to you a different train of thought. Perhaps you can take a path similar to the one I took. I was once like you, rejected by my dream school. I worked very hard and eventually not only did i get in, but i was even offered a position among the staff there. As you have probably already guessed i was referring to the one and only smogon university. However, about 5 years ago I made the decision to leave smogon and just school/education in general and decided to spend the remainder of my days on this luscious and fertile world just travelling and exploring its many lands and corners. It has helped me grow as a human being and I have made many friends of different sizes and types along the way. There is good money in it too if you are a winner in every battle you strive for in this life. Maybe someday when I have seen enough and captured all this world has to offer I will retire. Perhaps I'll meet a pretty lady and settle down, who knows. All I know is that there is more to this world than what these prestigious schools have to offer. Its not the end of the world if you do not get in. There is a lot of magic in this world, we just have to find it, and at times we have to create our own magic as well.

Now I just drop by this prestigious university to say hi to the great friends and colleagues i made back in my younger years whenever I am in this region. I pretty much really only come back to this region just so I can say hi to my mom and see how she is doing, of course I dont do this often because for some reason my mom always asks me about money and tries to pay me back the money I've sent her during my journeys. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her that its a gift from her son for all she's ever done for me. Anyway, now I'm just getting off topic. But yes, perhaps it was destiny that I drop by the school at this specific time because I was able to see your concern on not being accepted into this school and had the opportunity to tell you all this. I wish you luck in whatever it is you choose to pursue in this world. I have a funny feeling that your very own pokemon journey is just about to begin. Now tell me, what was your name again? ;)

Listen all first year classes are essentially the same across all communities. In fact a number of high ranking mods are also staff on other forums. Do your first year somewhere decent then try to transfer. Bulbapedia has a good library selection that even most smogon undergrads use. Serebii is mostly a shit-pile but that does mean you can be the creme of the crop. Nuggetbridge is still really small but they are also former smogon profs so you can get the same quality if you look around.
It's not the classes I'm worried about. It's the fact that everyone grades on a curve. :/

at least your school didn't go out of business

the fuck am i going to do with a marble palace degree?

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Want to talk about shitty degrees? Get a degree at GameFAQs.

No matter what your major is there, you'll probably end up working at a PokeMart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)