Reorganizing the RMT section

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall, at some point the RMT section was divided into OU, UU, Uber, etc. but at some point it was changed to the current format (OU, everything else, archive), which I dislike. It just seems like teams from metagames other than OU are being cast aside and sort of lumped together which is (in my opinion) counterproductive to many members efforts to popularize other tiers.

Aside from that, I also feel that it would contribute to the quality and amount of rates that a given non-OU team gets because they would not have to compete with teams of other tiers for a spot on the first page (which are really the only ones to get looked at, honestly).

This is more of a nitpick than anything, but little changes like that can go a long way to improving the site as a whole. Thanks for your consideration =]

There have been a few other threads asking the same thing, and the answer is the same for all of them: no

It's chiefly due to the fact that the OU RMT section alone has roughly 11,000+ more threads than the Other Teams section, which combines Ubers, UU and Little Cup. If there were to be individual sections for each of them, based on the activity in the Other Teams section, the activity in said sections would dwindle, basically making for three inactive forums.

In short: Splitting up a less active forum would be redundant and unnecessary.

I'm no Mod/Admin so you may say that I don't know much but I do know this: The OU RMT section has more people viewing it than the BL, Uber, UU, NU combined (Other Teams Section). So, I don't think the other tiers are not worth getting their own sections. Besides, it's no loss to Ubers, UU, etc. that they are merged in one section, right?

The format before the current format was a everything-in-this-place sort of thing; there were no OU/UU/Ubers/Ect split, ever. (I think)

Why is there no 'detailed' split? Simply because the 'Other Teams' subforum is lacking in activity in comparison to the OU Teams even now; imagine what would happen if it would split into more subforums - there would be a lack of raters and lack of activity in general.

tl;dr - no. But I'll let the mods decide.

The RMT section has only over been OU/ other teams. This is because when we did the split that the numbers of teams for uu/ubers/other was so small, that we decided to just merge those 3 instead of having three mostly dead forums.

In short I don't see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)