All Gens Retro Cup of Pókemon: Round 1 Qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor

Introduction

Retro Cup of Pokémon features all tiers absent from the World Cup of Pokémon. That means this year, it will be an RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU and SM OU tournament. Each national team is required to have 7 players, plus exactly 4 substitutes. This tournament will feature 16 teams in the first round, with team formation and qualification priority given to RCoP 2022 qualifiers, followed by WCoP teams that were not in RCoP, followed by completely new teams (that aren't supernations/rest-of-the-world). The latter rest of the world will only be allowed if there are less than 16 teams. Qualifying rounds will be created if there are more than 16 entrants, in a similar way to WCoP. For the first round, players will be randomly assigned into 4 groups of 4 for each generation (×7), with the top 8 teams with the most wins collected proceeding. The seeding tiebreak will be the highest-ranking points (6 points for sole 1st, 4 points for sole 2nd and 2 points for sole 3rd, shared between spots if necessary) within the group, just like WCoP and then randomization as the secondary tiebreak. The qualifying rounds and round 2 matches will be full 7 vs 7 man matchups. RBY OU will be first-to-2-wins, (best of 3 excluding ties), while the rest will be first-to-1-win.

In the event of a playoffs tiebreaker, captains of both teams will rank their preferred tiers from #1-#3. Points will be assigned to the ranks in the following way: #1 — 1000, #2 — 100, #3 — 10. The point values are arbitrary but represent the relationship of 1st choice > 2nd choice › 3rd choice when summed. The 3 tiers with the highest number of points will be selected for the tiebreaker set and managers will then choose any 3 unique players from each of their rosters to play in the determined tier spots. If there's a tie, the 3rd tier will be decided at random between the two.

Qualifier Format

The 6 new teams (Afrabs, India, Mexico, Peru, US West and Chile) will be paired randomly between them. The three that win will then play against the 3 relegated teams from last year (US South, Latin America and Asia). Since US South finished 14th, it will pick one of the three and Latin America as 15th will choose between the last two and Asia will play the against the remaining one.

Mexico vs US West (0-4)

RBY OU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Maya Chansey
GSC OU: Chiles Habaneros vs Siatam
ADV OU: Elian vs THE918th
DPP OU: Churielix vs johnnyg2
BW OU: Gtcha vs Hockey1
ORAS OU: reymaki vs RealJester
SM OU: Srita Kaguya luisin vs PikachuZappyZap

India vs Chile (3-4)

RBY OU: abd1710 vs Mako
GSC OU: skimmythegod vs Jhonx~
ADV OU: Rhmsitb vs 1bstrd1
DPP OU: TGA vs Mendeez
BW OU: RaJ.Shoot vs -PkmTrainerBlue-
ORAS OU: Blui vs Raptor
SM OU: Dj Breloominati♬ vs azogue

Peru vs Afrabs (3-4)

RBY OU: teresbahji vs Jsaok3
GSC OU: El químico del pueblucho vs salt on me
ADV OU: Ghostfall22 vs oldcvcv
DPP OU: Darkness 789 vs Oltan Lokifan
BW OU: Huargensy vs BlessyZ
ORAS OU: SpectralThief vs Amir
SM OU: Demon Takumo vs gilftl308

Deadline: Sunday 26th of June 11:59pm EDT

Last edited by a moderator:

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
I was told that the thread didn't ping anyone so I'm pinging again.

Mexico vs US West

RBY OU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Maya Chansey
GSC OU: Chiles Habaneros vs Siatam
ADV OU: Elian vs THE918th
DPP OU: Churielix vs johnnyg2
BW OU: Gtcha vs Hockey1
ORAS OU: reymaki vs RealJester
SM OU: luisin vs PikachuZappyZap

India vs Chile

RBY OU: abd1710 vs Mako
GSC OU: skimmythegod vs Jhonx~
ADV OU: Rhmsitb vs 1bstrd1
DPP OU: TGA vs Mendeez
BW OU: RaJ.Shoot vs -PkmTrainerBlue-
ORAS OU: Blui vs Raptor
SM OU: Dj Breloominati♬ vs azogue

Peru vs Afrabs

RBY OU: teresbahji vs Jsaok3
GSC OU: El químico del pueblucho vs salt on me
ADV OU: Ghostfall22 vs oldcvcv
DPP OU: Darkness 789 vs Oltan
BW OU: Huargensy vs BlessyZ
ORAS OU: SpectralThief vs Amir
SM OU: Demon Takumo vs gilftl308

Amir

Banned deucer.
Both my players were waiting for your players to show up. Gilftl208 contacted me saying he was waiting 30 minutes for your player to show up.

P.S: you could have simply request for a substitution to me or my co manager on discord or on the forums.
There is still time available for playing and I would suggest you to reschedule otherwise, if that is not possible we will request a double substitution. Thank you for understanding.

BlazingDark

formerly Mister Sauce
is a defending SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RoAPL Champion
I got nothing to do with all that stuff but

You definitely can't ask for an activity win if you didn't even contact the opponent team or manager to ask a sub before, good to wait but it's a teamtour, not a solo lol how can "we waited" work in that case ? If you don't even let them opportunities to sub out ?

For me it's either a double sub for the DPP game or either a deadgame which lead to a tiebreak, but AW here is bullshit ngl (lachez sa sah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)