Haze
Parting Shot
Self-Destruct
Torment
Toxic

*New move:
Spin Out |
|
| 100% Acc | 8 PP | Lower's the user's Speed by 2 upon usage.

:revavroom: Pros :revavroom:
- Filter alongside decent physical defensive bulk allows it to tank hits from mons that might normally OHKO/2HKO it.
- Can threaten common threats like :flutter-mane: and :chien-pao: with a Shift Gear-boosted Spin Out.
- Parting Shot and hazards in Toxic Spikes can make for great pivoting options (though I don't think Revavroom would want to use hazards anyway...)
- Has some neat utility options such as being able to abuse Taunt for hazard setters or Haze to clear boosts from setup sweepers.
- Also has some pretty good coverage, mainly moves like Zen Headbutt.

:revavroom:
Cons :revavroom:
- Poor special defense means it won't be able to tank hits from Special Attackers.
- Has common weaknesses in Fire-type and 4x Ground-type attacks.
- Spin Out lowers Revavroom's speed, making choiced sets with it difficult to use.
- Relies on Bulldoze to remove Fire- and Steel- type Pokemon who otherwise can check/counter it.
- Revavroom has 4MSS in the form of its coverage: It would love to run both Bulldoze and Zen Headbutt to check both Fire- and Fighting- type Pokemon, however it would have to worry about its other options like its STABs, Shift Gear, and Parting Shot.

Terastal Potential
I do have a few ideas on what Revavroom could use for its Terastallization.

-
Terastal gives a boost to the power of Spin Out and Iron Head, as it also allows Revavroom to turn its 4x Ground-type weakness into a 2x one. However, this also comes with a cost of a new Fighting-type weakness.
-
Terastal is probably the most common type I'd see Revavroom use, giving a boost to Gunk Shot/Poison Jab and doing what Steel Terastal does... but better. Even though it loses most of its resistances it gains a glaring resistance to Fighting moves, something a Steel-type desperately needs. Too bad other Steel-type mons wall this completely if you're not running Bulldoze.
-
Terastal could exist I think? It would mainly be used for Fire-type mons (especially sun) but if you don't think you'd run into Sun a lot go for the Steel or Poison Tera Types.

Potential Sets

Shift Gear + 3 Attacks
Revavroom @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Steel / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Spin Out / Iron Head
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Bulldoze

One of the defining sets Revavroom would utilize. Bulldoze is run for Fire-type mons such as :chi-yu: or :iron-moth:, however you could run Zen Headbutt for Fighting-types. If you don't wanna use the more powerful attacks there are other options available.

Offensive Pivot
Revavroom @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Steel / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Parting Shot
- Spin Out / Iron Head
- Gunk Shot / Bulldoze / Zen Headbutt

Mainly the same as the Shift Gear 3 Attacks set, however you're running Parting Shot and Sash to safely pivot out of Revavroom's common threats. Sash can be pretty risky to activate, but if you're smart you can use this to gain momentum.

I'm fairly certain you can run a set with Taunt, however mons like Grimmsnarl do a better job at it.

It's really nice how this mon gets a signature move called Spin Out, the description of which states it 'spins furiously by straining its legs', and yet cannot learn Rapid Spin. They really went out of their way to make its movepool as shit as possible.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that another fun thing you can do with this mon is use an Eject Pack with Spin Out. Not really sure that has much worth over Parting Shot but I quite enjoy it.

:sv/revavroom: About Flutter Mane
Since Flutter Mane has now been BANNED from SV OU, Revavroom might either drop in viability or rise in usage. It's still a solid check to Chien-Pao thanks to Shift Gear, but its Poison STAB is now less useful. I could see Revavroom checking the wide variety of Grass mons with its Poison STAB now, but I have yet to experiment with it. Let me know what you think of this!

I've been using a support focused Revavroom on rain and am having a lot of fun with it.

Revavroom @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Haze
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Iron Head

I am not a super good player (having trouble getting over 1200 haha) but its support pool is pretty good. It also gets t spikes and toxic, so I think its support options may be overlooked.

Also, if you have a way to improve my support Revavroom, please let me know.

Have a good day. Enjoy laddering :)

:sv/revavroom: About Flutter Mane
Since Flutter Mane has now been BANNED from SV OU, Revavroom might either drop in viability or rise in usage. It's still a solid check to Chien-Pao thanks to Shift Gear, but its Poison STAB is now less useful. I could see Revavroom checking the wide variety of Grass mons with its Poison STAB now, but I have yet to experiment with it. Let me know what you think of this!
I honestly think the poison stab isn’t really useful for very much. There aren’t many strong grass types, even in a theorised lower tier, and the steel stab checks fairies.

I think Revaroom could be really good as an offensive setup pivot honestly. A lot of utility moves, and the speed drop of spin out doesn’t really matter if you leverage parting shot and the pivoting potential of it’s good(ish) defensive type well.

Here we go, favorite Gen 9 'Mon and they're actually good in-battle!
Honestly for Singles I think Iron Head is my preferred Move compared to Speen, the 30% Flinch is too funny to pass up.
It feels kinda wrong to not have a Poison Move on this thing but I'm not sure if this dude needs any. Steel is the Fairy bane and Grass-Types can't do much to dent the engine anyways.
I mean unless they're a mushroom.

Magnet Rise may legit have to be a Strat.

Bulldoze isn't worth it most of the time, Fire type Tera Blast or even LO overheat are better most of the time since it actually allows you to muscle past some of the Steel Types

I have tested Revavroom out considerably and it fails hard. It gets walled by like half of the tier straight up and has a crippling ground weakness. What it does have is though is Self-Destruct and can be a good lure for many of fire types outside of Ceruledge and the crocodile and does decent damage to most Pokémon. A pretty disappointing Pokémon to say the least

Since an interaction between Terastal and weak moves have been discovered, Ground Tera might be a thing in DragMag teams.

Spin Out is one of the most disappointing "signature moves". I'm actually surprised it's gotten as much attention as it has. Vroom has decent speed only to throw it all away for 25% extra BP over Iron Head. And it only has 8 PP too which can occasionally come into play.

I think the concept is supposed to work something like you Spin Out and then Gyro Ball for the power boost, or you Shift Gear enough times to throw away the boost, but why not just Shift Gear and take advantage of flinch hax chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)