Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
You could also run something like Electric Seed or Grassy Seed for an immediate boost. This could also help you against powerful Knock Off users like Kartana (Steel) or Lando-T (Flying).

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
https://pokepast.es/0fa6b2797ca9c67f
funny team with specs flygon, also petition for steelix to go higher up on the VRs. dude is crazy and checks the top two mons in the meta effortlessly.
We'll be updating the VR in the upcoming week. We wanted to have a week or so of ladder playtesting before we made any changes. Steelix is likely going up to A/A+ tier though.

Latest update broke my terrakion

Choice Band (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Retaliate
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Can't have close combat in first two slots but don't want another move for fighting type :(

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Latest update broke my terrakion

Choice Band (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Retaliate
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Can't have close combat in first two slots but don't want another move for fighting type :(
That's one of the unfortunate consequences (same with Urshifu-R). I think you could remove Earthquake since it doesn't hit anything anyway besides Toxapex (not even for that much) and add Quick Attack (Fighting). It'll feel weird on a scarf set, but it can be useful for faster scarfers or once you lose your item.

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
I Might Have Theorymonned Too Close To The Sun. also this is a long ass post!!

:bw/miltank:
Blu Lue (Miltank) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Body Press (Normal)
- Defense Curl
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

:ss/dubwool:
Satanas (Dubwool) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press (Normal)
- Cotton Guard
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bulky mfs that plow through shit w BP, not much to add, Dubwool boost faster but milky milky moo has better recovery and can hit Ghosts, pick ur poison

------------------------------------------------------------------------

:sm/dragalge:
Suddenly, rotting leg (Dragalge) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hydro Pump / Flip Turn (Poison)
- Flip Turn / Hydro Pump (Dragon)
- Draco Meteor / Sludge Bomb
- Scald

STAB Flip Turn w/ Adaptability outta do a good chunk of chip to anything that is pink and round, specially if its Poison type, but I personally love Special Gunk Shot
(i dont know what EV spread to give it and im lazy so i wont try do what you want)

:bw/cloyster:
X D (Cloyster) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile (Water)
- Icicle Spear (Ice)
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Water Pin Missile, thats the mon

:bw/haxorus:
"gimmicky" (Haxorus) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- First Impression (Dragon)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

surprise mfs with that STAB First Impression out of 147 atk and CB, and later clean w Outrage after eliminating all the fairies

:ss/obstagoon:
KiSS (Obstagoon) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade (Dark)
- Knock Off (Normal)
- Obstruct
- Close Combat

:bw/throh:
Throat :0 (Throh) (M) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade (Fighting)
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Rest

kinda gimmicky facade abusers, but throh w just 1 bulk up will decimate anything that isnt slowbro, and Obstagoon?? well,, It certainly hits a little bit less hard, but has an easier time getting burned, and can outspeed and beat lando-t.
overall really hard to switch into once they get going

:ss/lurantis:
Pink Block (Lurantis) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower (Grass)
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Synthesis

Arrolladora (Lurantis) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Superpower (Grass)
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Psycho Cut

This the dumbest but I love how Lurantis is a Pretty Good Mon™ now, like maybe even RU

So i was playing Revelationmons and was trying out an Arcanine with Burn up and Espeed as the first move. After using Burn up which changes Arcanine's type to ??? i used Espeed against an Arodactyl which ended up being resisted. according to the Metagame info page this sort of thing shouldnt happen as it was stated that if a pokemon changes type, the move's will change to become the new type with the only exceptions being if a type is added through forest curse or trick-or-treat. im unsure if this is intentional or not as i did not find anything that stated otherwise

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8revelationmons-1680619154
above is a video for reference showing what happened, specifically from turn 27

I feel like Kingdra should be on the viability rankings. Pretty much every rain team I’ve run into has Kingdra. Hurricane’s damage now benefits from stab and rain if it’s water type. Even with a +sp. atk nature instead of +speed, it outspeeds and ohkos scarf lele, non-scarfed koko, and 2hko’s the shell smash mons without giving them a chance to set up and sweep. If you, for whatever reason, decide to run +speed, you’ll even outspeed Regieleki (although I wouldn’t want to lose the damage). I personally would put it somewhere in the B range.

I feel like Kingdra should be on the viability rankings. Pretty much every rain team I’ve run into has Kingdra. Hurricane’s damage now benefits from stab and rain if it’s water type. Even with a +sp. atk nature instead of +speed, it outspeeds and ohkos scarf lele, non-scarfed koko, and 2hko’s the shell smash mons without giving them a chance to set up and sweep. If you, for whatever reason, decide to run +speed, you’ll even outspeed Regieleki (although I wouldn’t want to lose the damage). I personally would put it somewhere in the B range.
Don't worry, we're working on an update VR list and Kingdra is definitely on there.

On the topic of Nihilego (Or Ultra Beasts as a whole)

:ss/Shuckle: :SS/Ribombee: :SS/Accelgor:

I think any one of these three should be put on the VR ranking. I think Shuckle can arbitrary be put in C or B tier so long as its ranked. This is more a ranking for Sticky Webs, which has started to catch on lately. Shuckle is the best of the three in my opinion due to also being able to get up Stealth Rocks, but each of them have their own niches I feel. I say on the topic of Ultra Beasts, because as it turns out Ultra Beasts under webs is kinda cracked (Nihilego, Kartana, Celesteela) . Offensive Rotom forms also thrive under webs as well among several other things. Webs seems like fun archetype at the moment, allowing you to use some potentially unorthodox offensive sets.
no one actually pointed this out, ACCELGOR CANNOT LEARN STICKY WEB this is what happens when you play stabmons

but anyway,

:sm/tapu-lele::choice-scarf:
fair n balanced (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast (Psychic)
- Energy Ball (Fairy)
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

this is not okay. I've actually never clicked Thunderbolt, but Energy Ball's a better Fairy-type move anyway for the 10% chance to lower SpDef.

:flame-orb:
First woman in h (Heracross) (F) @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

it's supposed to be "First woman in history" but it goes over the character limit... by a lot. Society.
add this one to the pile of Facade abusers as well. use alongside Sticky Web for better results lol

Last edited:
In my experience at least, Sirfetch'd has revealed itself to be a half decent mon in this tier, mostly as a gimmicky revenge killer of offensive mons like Lucario and Terrakion, which also demolishing most bulky steel types. With superior bulk to most offensive mons, it can usually take one hit and dish out the pain in reply. It is also very cool.

(Sirfetch’d) @ Leek/Black Belt/Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression (Fighting)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance/Quick Attack
- Knock Off/Poison Jab/Night Slash

STAB Scrappy First Impression off 135 base attack is difficult for offensive teams to deal with, useful considering how offensive this tier is. Swords dance helps you plow through slower mons like Corviknight and Skarmory, whereas quick attack is better for cleaning up mons that switch into you and survive with low health. You need Black Belt at least if you want to guarantee the OHKO on Zydog using First Impression without prior damage.

Leek is an option only for the coolest of the cool, and although it is less consistent than the Black Belt or Choice Band, you underestimate that 50% crit chance at your peril. For example, Corviknight looks like an passable check since it can just barely survive First Impression into CC, but if either of those attacks crit, Corvi's done. to It's also the only reason Night Slash is even considered, although to be honest Knock Off is usually better if you are trying to catch a switch in.

The biggest problem with Sirfetch'd though is the landscape of the meta itself. Landorus - T, Tapu Koko and Fini, Slowbro. These are all mons that work well against it, even if it runs poison jab to KO Tapu on a switch in, and these counters are very common. It is also a usable option on Trick Room teams that isn't powerless outside of Trick Room.

If I say where I would rank it on a VR, I would place it no higher than C. But it has a niche, and come on, it's Dux, that in itself counts for something.

Last edited:

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I’ve been trying to get into revelationmons sort of, so here’s my greatest set so far:

:ss/slowbro-galar:
Mr. King Dice (Slowbro-Galar) (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake

You set up screens and click belly drum, then let the 44% take you to victory. You naturally outspeed pex and OHKO it with psychic drain punch. Facade for burns and EQ for general good coverage. However, I just don’t know why is UT calling me a hacker.

Was playing against lots of Toxtricity this morning so I made this mon to ruin their day.
1B7BA8A9-27A5-4AF5-89FA-2532BD1110F6.png

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers/Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Future Sight (Psychic)
- Thunderbolt (Fairy)
- Calm Mind/Focus Blast
- Substitute/Focus Blast

Toxtricity see you as a juicy Poison type Hyper Voice knock.
I like that Thunderbolt has + power in Tapu Koko‘s Electric Terrain, and Future Sight is cool as always. Faster and sets up on defensive Slowbro even with Web up.
I run Sub because I like not dealing with Toxic/Thunder Wave/something annoying. But if you’re fine with that then Focus Blast for Steels. Or run both and ditch the setup.

Lando-TNT (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Self-Destruct (Ground)
- Explosion (Flying)
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gee Lando! How come your mom lets you have two exploding moves?

Self Explanatory. Switch into something slower, and explode. Even if it doesn't kill your target, it still generates a ton of momentum for whatever HO mon is running rampant in this tier. You don't really need Knock Off or Self Destruct, but you may never know.

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hello friends, your Revelationmons council is hard at work, and we've done several things.

:ss/kingdra: :ss/Polteageist:
Quick Ban...UTDiscordualDuckyClastiakennukemponchlakeTotal
KingdraDNBDNBABSBANBANBAN3-2 BAN
PolteageistDNBBANDNBBANBANBAN4-2 BAN
Kingdra and Polteageist are banned from Revelationmons!
Tagging Kris to implement

Rain is a good thing, but too much rain is a bad thing. Kingdra is the most notably beneficiary of Revelationmons rain, turning Hurricane into a powerful STAB move-either a powerful and consistent Water move, or a more reliable Dragon move! With Barraskewda nerfed by the Close Combat restriction, Kingdra has been identified as the most problematic element on rain teams and is now banned!

Polteageist has always been fish, the mon, but with Stored Power now being 50% stronger, it's a more powerful fish than normal. If you don't have Blissey or priority, it can be very hard to keep at bay, and the council believes it is an unhealthy and restrictive presence in the metagame. Hence, yeet.

The VR has been updated!

That's right, we have a new VR! Thanks for all the great noms, and keep them coming! If you think we still got something wrong, yell at us!

Sample submissions are open!

Technically, they are always open, but they are very open currently. We have had several metagame shifts since they were last updated en mass, and we would love to see new teams.

Thanks again, and keep enjoying Revelationmons! We love to see all the high-quality posts!

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've been doing a little bit of experimenting, and I realized there was a mon that nobody was really taking advantage of anymore, mainly because it's unchanged by the OM. As Kyurem has proven, however, you don't need to be strictly benefited by revmons on paper to do well in the tier. With that, I'd like to introduce you all to my little friend..

ZERAORA

With Close Combat restricted, Zeraora does not gain any fancy new Physical STAB moves that are worth using over Plasma Fists. What Zeraora does get, though, is a metagame with a lot of bulky waters and flying types it can break down, a similarly fast and powerful Tapu Koku to form a strong core alongside, and free Electric Terrain in many of it's matches, further boosting it's already impressive power.

Zeraora still is not a top mon for a reason, though; while Tapu Koko is a great partner for Zeraora, it also outclasses it in many roles, and can fit on more types of teams. As well, doubling down on the resistance-barren electric typing in a metagame where Landorus is top 1 and Ferrothorn is top 5 is a risky move, and demands you build to answer these threats.

Even with its inherent flaws, Zeraora is a strong wallbreaker and cleaner, especially under electric terrain, and I'd like to nominate it for C- Rank

https://pokepast.es/13f2265310b83fd0
This isn't every viable Zera Set, and the scarf one is a rather gimmicky revenge killer, but it's the ones I've tested to at least mild success.

Lando-TNT (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Self-Destruct (Ground)
- Explosion (Flying)
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gee Lando! How come your mom lets you have two exploding moves?

Self Explanatory. Switch into something slower, and explode. Even if it doesn't kill your target, it still generates a ton of momentum for whatever HO mon is running rampant in this tier. You don't really need Knock Off or Self Destruct, but you may never know.
So what if there was a sequel

Water Balloon (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Explosion (Water)
- Rapid Spin (Ice)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear

Revelationmons has finally given the coveted niche of non-normal type Rapid Spin users. Regileki unfortunately doesn't quite do it for me, as its mono typing is a choice for STAB explosion or non-ghost resistant rapid spin, which has immune to another type anyways. Luckily, thanks to Cloyster's nice offensive dual typing and access to Shell Smash to double a normally abysmal 95 attack into something stellar, Cloyster functions as a fantastic anti-lead to things such as Lando-T and Garchomp, as well as being able to cause another mon to die and generate momentum with a hefty 250 + STAB water move.

When Garchomp Landorus Aero whatever is out, Shell Smash first, let them set up rocks. Rapid spin and kill them instantly. They will probably have sash, if so spin again because you will be faster. Icicle spear can be used for weird scenarios. When they switch into a wall, click explosion and kill anything in your path instantly so you can have the next mon pressure them, if they even survive. I primarily use an offensive spinner because I've gotten obsessed with Specs Victini, you should too.

Edit: Adamant Cloyster kills Lando-T guaranteed compared to jolly cloyster, which is a 60% chance.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
:rb/mew:
Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Special priority is rare, and Mew is possibly the best user of it. It has the bulk and typing to set up on many opposing Pokemon, and once it has it can pick off many members of defensive core such as Landorus-Therian, Slowthings, Toxapex, Zapdos, and more thanks to its coverage, while taking out more offensive Pokemon such as Pheromosa, Zapdos-Galar, Gengar, and other fast and frail attackers with STAB Vacuum Wave.
Mew does not truly need a powerful STAB attack, as it is primarily breaking by picking on weaknesses with its BoltBeam coverage. Vacuum Wave is unfortunately not the strongest move, and appreciates the damage amp much more.
Finally, Mew has the benefit of being the same damn unpredictable thing it is in every tier. If your opponent sees it they might think it's a Spikes pivot, or an Explosion wallbreaker, or a Dragon Dance Pokemon, all of which sound like fine sets in their own rights. But they would be wrong, and that would cost them valuable turns in which you can set up.

You might ask, why not Lucario? My answer is, Lucario is fine, although probably better off using Extreme Speed. But it doesn't have the same bulk, Speed, defensive typing, or super-effective coverage that Mew has. And it's not nearly as unpredictable. It's just not the same Pokemon, and I don't think a 1 to 1 comparison is completely justified.
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 354-421 (92.6 - 110.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 515-608 (161.4 - 190.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Knock Off (97.5 BP)(Flying) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 172-204 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Mew Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 179-213 (68.5 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 512-603 (130.2 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mew Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 289-341 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Mew Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 260-308 (75.5 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mew Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 179-212 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1665523968122.png

:ferrothorn: :slowbro: :clefable: :slowking-galar: :hydreigon: :steelix:
I would like to submit my team back as a sample, I leaned more into the stall aspect of it since I lost my breaker and it's been performing extremely well on ladder and pretty well in room tours. Basic changes were adding spikes and aromatherapy Clefable.

Revelation Fat (pokepast.es)

I've tried a few different movesets on some of these members, the current sets seem like they have the most consistency against a variety of archetypes, although ladder is pretty much just offense. I may continue to make changes, but I'm pretty happy with it as is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)