Metagame Reversed

Approved by The Immortal and E4 Flint

Banner by Moosical

Who said Sucker Punch Gengar wash a trash set? Well tell them no more shall we live in the days where Choice Scarf Lele Psychic swept our team! No more will we lose to Swords Dance Landorus! Now we will lose to Calm Mind Landorus! As its time for the Special and Physical Stats to be Reversed. Prepare to abuse Swords Dance Keldeo and Calm Mind Tapu Bulu in a meta where Marshadow is worse than Nasty Plot Crobat. On top of that all Physical and Special Stat boosts given by Mega Stones are Reversed! Have fun making creative sets!
Rules
Mechanics: Every Pokemon has ALL of it's base Physical and Special stats swapped, this includes Defense and Special Defense not just Attacks. ALL Physical and Special stat boosts given by Mega Stones are swapped.
Clauses: OU Clauses
Banlist: OU Banlist, Kyurem-Black
Unbans: Marshadow, Metagrossite, Kyurem-White, Reshiram, Naganadel

Banlist
Kyurem-Black
Tapu Koko

Unbans
Kyurem-White
Metagrossite
Marshadow
Reshiram

Naganadel

Strategy

Imagine you have just been given a brand new Pokemon game for Christmas. They have hundreds of Pokemon with untapped potential and viability. Now it is time to find and make an OU tier out of these Pokemon, find hidden gems and create new sets based on the new reversed stats to conquer the metagame. However as there is so many Pokemon with new move pools and stats that it wont be easy to find the pick of the crop! Powerful Pokemon and creative heat sets are out there to be discovered and finding the perfect team could take a while. I have created a couple of sets that might help you on your journey to find the best reversed Pokemon.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain

Tapu Bulu's movepool really appreciates the reversed stats as it hits a whopping 394 Special Attack and becoming extremely bulky after only one Calm Mind thanks to the new base 115 Special Defense. Grassy Seed boosting its Defense and Grassy Terrain ability make it easier for Tapu Bulu to set up against the opposition.

Alakazam @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Recover
- Power Trick
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Although a very niche set and hard to pull off. I have put this here to show that just through creative thinking you can get your hands on so much untapped potential. You start with 405 Attack and 226 Defense when Alakazam first hits the field but with the move Power Trick, Alakazam reverses its Attack and Defense stat meaning that it hits 405 Defense. More than enough to take hits from Pokemon in this tier.

252 Atk Choice Band Keldeo Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alakazam: 121-144 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is a calc showing a Choice Banded Keldeo with Liquidation vs the fully set up Alakazam set. Keep in mind that this Keldeo has base 129 Attack this is a very good method of stall.

Alakazam's Magic Guard Ability also allows it to beat Pokemon that rely on status to beat an opponent.

Toucannon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Despite a lack of moves in Toucannons arsenal, it gets Boomburst and paired with base 120 Special Attack it will cause destruction to opposing teams. Despite having an obvious wall in Skarmory it hits Pokemon very hard and can crush stall.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Toucannon Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 190-225 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With it getting Heat Wave to deal with Steel-type Pokemon, it is only truely countered by Ghost-type Pokemon.

Q&A
Q: Are abilities still the same?
A: Yes.

Q: What abilities will effect the tier the most?
A: Pure Power and Huge Power will still double the Physical Attack, so seeing how the Pokemon that relied on these abilities will fair. Azumarill even gets a slight buff from it.

Q: If I was building my first team what Pokemon are recommended for offence?
A: Tapu Bulu, Toucannon, Keldeo and Mega Alakazam are good Pokemon to look into straight away.

Q: What Pokemon from lower tiers can have more potential in this metagame?
A: Toucannon and Terrakion are my favoured lower tier Pokemon as of right now but go and find your own!

Q: What stat should I invest my EVs into?
A: The EVs should be invested in the stat you wish to use. If your Pokemon is going t be a Special Attacker, invest in SpA.

Council
DBW
Ransei
G-Luke
Magma

Resources
- Available on rom.psim.us to play now (24/12/17)
-
Discord now open! (15/07/18)
- Tapu Koko has been
banned (16/07/18)

Last edited:
Viability Rankings
Welcome to the Viability Ranks for Reversed! Familiarise yourself with this resource page to build the best teams in this tier. This post will display the Pokemon used in the metagame ranked from best to worst in a letter based grading system. As the meta progresses the Viability Rankings will change frequently especially at the start of the developing meta. Although Reversed is an OU based tier, you should note that a lot of Pokemon have been made unviable due to the reversed stats and a lot of lesser used Pokemon will find their way up in the ranks.

Feel free to input your thoughts on the ranks of each Pokemon as well as nominating Pokemon to be in specific ranks. However in order to keep this orderly there will be a few rules in place.
- Do not post one liners about a Pokemon like "This Pokemon is broken" or "I can beat X Pokemon with X Pokemon why is it X rank".
- Post evidence to back up your claims such as replays and calculations to back up the point you are putting across.
- No toxic behaviour, if you do not agree with someone make sure to make a counter argument with facts and evidence rather than being aggressive.

Viability Ranking

A
Naganadel
Tapu Bulu

Gyarados
Toxapex

Mega Charizard-Y
Landorus Therian
Dragonite
Mega Swampert

Chansey

B
Keldeo
Hoopa-U
Magearna
Mega Alakazam
Mega Diancie
Greninja
Zeraora
Victini
Nidoking
Tangrowth
Azumarill
Ferrothorn

Mew

C
Hippowdon
Latios
Celesteela
Reshiram
Kyurem White
Togekiss
Mega Lopunny
Pelipper
Alolan Marowak
Kartana

D
Alolan Golem
Regigigas
Swellow
Nihilego
Sylveon
Pyroar
Sceptile
Weavile
Meloetta
Skarmory

Last edited:
Reversed Sample Teams
Welcome to the Reversed Sample Teams page. These are teams that have been made by members of the community that are deemed solid enough to be shared to everyone. Feel free to post teams below and they may be used here!

NOTE: These sample teams are untested as the tier has yet to be created yet, however I thought I would make a couple and put them here so people can try the meta without building a team right away! :]
DBW Tapu Koko Hyper Offense

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Naganadel @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Outrage
- Throat Chop

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Hard to give a description when the tier isn't playable yet but Focus Sash Excadrill for lead hazard. Double pivots in Naganadel and Tapu koko for momentum. Double Taunt in Keldeo and Tapu Koko for Stallbreaking. Set up Mega Charizard-Y, Keldeo and All Out Pummeling Landorus to sweep.

DBW Toucannon Balance

Toucannon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon

Golem-Alola @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

The tier is not playable yet so it's hard to describe the roles but Toucannon is the teams nuke. hitting everything hard with Specs Boomburst. Golem is there to trap the Steel-types that resist Boomburst. Tapu Bulu is a bulky set up sweeper to deal with Dragon spam and Rain abusers. Blastoise is a bulky spinner. Hippowdown is the only Pokemon I can think of that reliably beats Tapu koko (non Grass Knot variant) and checks Landorus. Chansey can check Naganadel, Charizard-Y and Dragon Dance Lati

Last edited:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set? Is just the standard Koko set.
But koko now will use its 115 Attack, instead of its 95.
Rip

First!
Looks like a cool tier!
View attachment 94206 One of the mons that got Shift Gear,but as a waste.
Now psychical mag can be real!!!!!!!!! I'll add calcs later
Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break
I always Theorymon Magearna as a mixed attacker, being able to come in and shift gear, using iron head to get a kill which in turn boosts its special attack. This way you can use focus blast or hp fire instead of brick break.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Flame Charge / Thunder Punch

Bulky teams? Pfft, that's shit's for babies.

+2 252 Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 136 Def Mantine in Sun: 231-272 (61.9 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Regirock in Sun: 183-216 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (unviable, i know, but just here for the sake of demonstration)

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1514002263360.png

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Roost
- Outrage

Latios can finally take advantage of dragon dance without its mega, this set would be a basic dd sweeper that can clean up games.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Regigigas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Nature Power
- Earth Power
Really wish Regi got Hyper Voice, but oh well. Either way, look at that 160 Special Attack, untouched by Slow Start, alongside natural 110/110/110 bulk! Nice!
The set above is mostly just Hyper Beam nuke (pls don't click this if skarm is on the other team lol) and everything else is decent coverage + Nature Power for consistency.
With Choice Specs attached, this bulky breaker can pull some pretty whack stuff like this:
252+ SpA Regigigas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 144-170 (43.1 - 50.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Regigigas Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Regigigas Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 279-328 (81.1 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Memes aside I could see this finally being a set:

Latios @ Latiosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
With a newly found 160 Attack stat alongside its STABs+Earthquake Latios can take on a fair bit of the meta with counters such as Skarmory removed via the swap! Check out some calcs:

+1 252+ Atk Latios-Mega Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 214-253 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Latios-Mega Outrage vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Chansey: 319-376 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (Not sure if this is how Chansey would be run/if it even would be ran in the first place, but I disagree)

252+ Atk Latios-Mega Outrage vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 216-255 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still hates Celesteela tho

Last edited:

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
1514002430336.png

Zygarde @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Zygarde can also finally take advantage of one of its signature moves, core enforcer. Up until now I really only saw it in Balanced Hackmons. This set would break through mons and deal good damage while at the same time having the potential to remove the abilities of switch ins or faster mons.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
View attachment 94218

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Roost
- Outrage

Latios can finally take advantage of dragon dance without its mega, this set would be a basic dd sweeper that can clean up games.
You'd definitely want EQ with that set and I'm not feeling like the additional bulk from the Mega may be worth it here

View attachment 94219
Zygarde @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Zygarde can also finally take advantage of one of its signature moves, core enforcer. Up until now I really only saw it in Balanced Hackmons. This set would break through mons and deal good damage while at the same time having the potential to remove the abilities of switch ins or faster mons.
Being able to KO Fairy-type Pokemon with Sludge Wave will be really good on Zygarde however Landorus-T could probably use the same moveset with Calm Mind instead of Core Enforcer and do a better job.

Jrsmash9

jrsmash that timer
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Sceptile is really good now that it finally has a usable attack stat.

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 266-314 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu in Grassy Terrain: 249-293 (88.6 - 104.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Regigigas @ Leftovers / Life Orb / some Z crystal
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Earth Power / Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt / Icy Wind
- Substitute / Thunder Wave

Gigas is no longer held back as much by Slow Start, and can make full use of its attacking stat from the start. It suffers from a lack of Special boosting so SpD titans like Hippowdon can wall it without much effort if they're not hit SE.

252+ SpA Life Orb Regigigas Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 188-224 (44.7 - 53.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Regigigas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro-Mega: 156-185 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

We should probably limit the one liners in this thread. Posts should generally be a little more substantive so that people looking back at it to try to get a feel for the meta don't have to wade through pages that are mostly a single, uninformative, line :)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
HOLD UP

Unset (Porygon-Z) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Conversion
-
-

Non Meme Version:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Recover
- Thief / Facade / Sharpen / Last Resort / Whatever you want tbh
- Conversion

You Z-Up, and then bonk shit to hell and back. Seriously, look at this:

+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Porygon-Z Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 214-254 (57.2 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Normal STAB still isn't great, though, so I'd probably recommend against it (or run Choice Band, probably better), but I couldn't resist the meme opportunity

Regigigas @ Leftovers / Life Orb / some Z crystal
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Earth Power / Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt / Icy Wind
- Substitute / Thunder Wave

Gigas is no longer held back as much by Slow Start, and can make full use of its attacking stat from the start. It suffers from a lack of Special boosting so SpD titans like Hippowdon can wall it without much effort if they're not hit SE.

252+ SpA Life Orb Regigigas Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 188-224 (44.7 - 53.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Regigigas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro-Mega: 156-185 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

We should probably limit the one liners in this thread. Posts should generally be a little more substantive so that people looking back at it to try to get a feel for the meta don't have to wade through pages that are mostly a single, uninformative, line :)
Unfortunately I can see bulkier Pokemon having a good time in this meta as there are a lot fewer viable set up Pokemon. Regi is however a very good bulky attacker vs more offensive teams that do need that time to set up. I can see this being a good way to stop Lati from getting out of hand.

HOLD UP

Unset (Porygon-Z) @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Conversion
-
-

Non Meme Version:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Recover
- Thief / Facade / Sharpen / Last Resort / Whatever you want tbh
- Conversion

You Z-Up, and then bonk shit to hell and back. Seriously, look at this:

+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Porygon-Z Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 214-254 (57.2 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Normal STAB still isn't great, though, so I'd probably recommend against it (or run Choice Band, probably better), but I couldn't resist the meme opportunity
A lot of Pokemon will suffer from lack of coverage or terrible STAB moves due to the reversed stats but Last Resort PZ is not a dreadful niche set, especially if it paired with a pursuit trapper and a magnet pull Pokemon. Keeping this hidden in the back then revealing late game could be clutch

If some Pokémon suffer from lack of coverage, then wouldn’t it be possible to implement it in a way to have the normal forms with regular stats and the shiny forms with swapped offenses?

If some Pokémon suffer from lack of coverage, then wouldn’t it be possible to implement it in a way to have the normal forms with regular stats and the shiny forms with swapped offenses?
No because then you'd just be seeing regular OU teams and it wouldn't be a very fun OM. It gives Pokemon from lower tiers a chance to shine, namely, Toucannon, Darmanitan, Terrakion, Crobat and even Rampardos. It also opens the doors for new powerhouses to be running the show, such as Dragon Dance Latias and Special Mega Gyarados. There is enough good Pokemon out there for everyone to have diverse teams you just need to look hard enough to find them and not concentrate on the Pokemon that have become unviable.

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
1514004730837.png

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

On rain teams swampert would get a higher damage rain boosted stab in hydro pump and it can utilize a harder hitting ice beam than its physical counterpart

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
I don't think that's the point of this metagame, the point is to moreso be a brand new set of pokemon.

To prevent one liner, another set:

CHOICE SPECS DARM (Darmanitan) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- U-Turn

It's like Darmanitan but special and it doesn't die right away

Last edited:
View attachment 94220

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

On rain teams swampert would get a higher damage rain boosted stab in hydro pump and it can utilize a harder hitting ice beam than its physical counterpart
This is actually very interesting! I never thought about how good rain teams would be. Swampert being Special is good for better STAB, Tapu Koko saw a buff with the reversed stats as well, however Hawlucha can no longer swords dance and sweep.

This means that a lot more creativity will go into Rain teams now. I could see Swampert being paired with Banded or SD Keldeo or Azumarill. Thunder Gyarados and Thunder Dragonite both exist too!

I don't think that's the point of this metagame, the point is to moreso be a brand new set of pokemon.

To prevent one liner, another set:

CHOICE SPECS DARM (Darmanitan) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- U-Turn

It's like Darmanitan but special and it doesn't die right away
We were discussing this in the OM room. I like the idea of Darmanitan however I would definitely change the moveset. One of the Fire-stabs being changed for either Grass Knot or HP Ice as well as U-turn being slashed with one of them moves as well. Life Orb is probably better with Darmanitan as you do not take damage from Focus Blast and Fire STAB and it gives you the ability to switch up moves.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Just to clarify, you invest into the modified Attack stat, not the original correct? (Earlio gave his Darmanitan Attack investment when it should've had SpAtk, right?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)