RMT VGC10 (hail)

Well I've played with this team for quite a while and im thinking that it is ready to post in here dont be mean to me since this is the first VGC team i've made
So lets see what do I have in my team

The leads:

Mamoswine @life orb
nature: jolly
ability: snow cloak
EVs: 252atk/4def/252spe
-protect
-earthquake
-Ice shard
-rock slide
Rock slide hits both enemyes and proved more usefull then blizzard to weaken pokemon for abomansnow. Protect is a must on almost all pokemon , Ice shard for kiling off the weakend speady enemies and earthquake works good with protect
First turn I protect with this thing other moves depends on the situation

Abomansnow @Lum berry
nature: calm
ability: snow warning
EVs:4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-protect
-???
-grass knot
-blizzard
Ok I know what you are probably thinking: WTF calm nature. It acualy proved some usefullnes at surviving a not fire type special attack EV spread item and protect are self explaining.grass knot are to counter kyogre tyranitar palkia and other heavy pokemon. Blizzard is a nice STAB in hail 100% accuracy and breaks protect 30% of the time
First turn depends on the situation. Any sugestions on the last move which was sleep talk?

clean up:

Palkia@choise scarf
nature: hasty
ability: pressure
EVs: 76hp/252spA/180spe
-blizzard
-thunder
-surf
-spacial rend
again dont say choise scarf are useless at this time it is out my oponent is usualy down to his last two pokemon so I wont be stuck with a bad move. Blizzard is on my every pokemon since im usualy on hail. Thunder is here on those situation when im on rain. Surf and spacial rend coverage and STAB. I changed the EV spread as sugested 180speed lets outspeed anything I need and I gave the rest to hp

Dialga @leftovers
nature: modest
ability: pressure
EVs: 4hp/252spA/252spe
-flamethrower
-dragon pulse
-blizzard
-protect
on this pokemon im not too sure but if played well he can win two on one battle by himself. Protect is easy to get why its here. Dragon pulse STAB. Blizzard since im almost always in hail. Flamethrower for coverage. leftovers coupled with protect in one on one battle give me a health advantage

well thats it hope that this team will get alot of rates. Team changes are in bold

First of all, don't ask us to rate and then tell us what not to say. If we are rating your team, we will tell you what we think.

okay so... at my initial glance, your team seems fine except for three things:

First- Sleep Talk. If you are worried about dark void smeargle leads, give it a lum. Then you could ice shard with swine, and if dark void hits abomasnow lum will cure and a blizzard will kill it.

Second- Fighting type pokemon. The fighting type will wreck your team. Three out of the four are super effected by it.

Third- Enemy Dialgas. You have nothing super effective against it, and it is also very likely that it will have a super effective move against all of your pokemon. For example, all Dialgas carry a dragon move, therefore it has a good move against Palkia. And most carry either flamethrower or aura sphere. If it carries aura sphere, the fighting and dragon type moves will kill you all. If its flamethrower, the only pokemon neutral to it would be Dialga.

EDIT: I would also recommend Rock Slide over Stone Edge on swine.

I think your team relies waaay to much on hail. If Abomasnow is taken out and another weather effect is setup by the opponent you'll be taking a big risk with all those blizzards.

I also agree about sleep talk. I think Lum makes a lot more sense.

I would switch Blizzard on mamoswine for earthquake. It would do so much more damage, and two of your other pokemon know protect so it could work well.

Just a few things I noticed that was not mentioned yet:

Focus Sash + Calm Abomasnow does not make sense. If you say that Abomasnow can survive a hit by having a Calm nature, then don't put a focus sash on it. With a Focus Sash, you do have not to worry about Abomasnow getting OHKOd. So, you should go with a +Special Attack nature. Quiet nature is commonly used for boosting Special Attack while not hindering Ice Shard, while also allowing Abomasnow to be slower for controlling weather.

Choice Scarf Palkia is fine, but it really needs not be Hasty. Your Palkia has no physical attacks. So it should use a -Attack nature instead of reducing defense. Timid nature should be used instead if you wish to boost speed. It probably does not need to have max speed though. Assuming 31 Speed IV, your Palkia should only need 180 Speed EVs to outspeed Choice Scarf +speed Groudon/Kyogre/Giratina/other 90 base speed Ubers (which outspeed neutral base 100 speed and Adamant Garchomp, so yours will outspeed those already too). Having 252 Speed EVs only lets you speed tie other Choice Scarf +speed Palkias... which are definitely uncommon (and you'd only speed tie). You can then use the rest for slightly more bulk.

I noticed that you put 252 Speed EVs on all four pokemon in your team. Being able to attack first is good, but this also means Trick Room will really hurt your team.

Also, Blizzard does not break protect 30% of the time any more in HG/SS. The only moves that go through protect are Feint and Shadow Force (well... ok, and Future Sight).

Abamansnow should run a -speed nature, either Sassy (+SpDef) or Quiet (+SpAtk) and put 252 in HP not speed. The bulk will be appreciated, and slow speed will indefinitely guarantee Hail is set up. Move 4 should be Ice Shard probably, but if you feel this is redundant with Ice Shard on Mamoswine, you could use Focus Blast. Whilst the accuracy sucks, it can be useful, especially for hitting Dialga. Icy wind is another alterantive to lower opponents speed. And finally a gimmick, you could run Magic Coat, and bounce back Dark Void at Smeargle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)