All Gens RoA Team Trials: Semifinals

Part of the RoA tour calendar. Approved by Lutra
RoA Team Trials

vs-1-png

Introduction

Welcome to Ruins of Alph Team Trial tournament! Inspired by the Team Trial tournament of 2011, we're bringing it back and making it old gens style! You will sign up as teams of 5 fighting in the following tiers: RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW2 OU. Everything will be a best of 3 (first to 2-wins). If your team wins 3/5 of the matches in that particular round, you move onto the next round.

Prizing

Lutra has graciously donated 5 Shiny Magikarp from Pokemon Go and will give them to the winning team (1 for each member of the team). They will receive the Magikarp via Pokemon Let's go or Pokemon Sword/Shield. You also get to display this trophy in your signature! View attachment 268332 (or) View attachment 268333.

Semifinals

Mindnight Today at 9:26 PM Cc mon bb (2) vs ISSA GLOCK 19 (lil ol smogon headquarters) (lmao u quoted everythin) Dunning BOUGHT A BIG Kruger themadpat Thanks! (1)

RBY OU: Heika vs Altina
GSC OU: Quartosa vs Excal

ADV OU: Dflo <?-2> Sakito
DPP OU: SanJI <2-0> eden
BW2 OU: Mindnight <2-0> Emeral

DURISSO TEAM (3) vs 4 goats carrying ayu (0)

RBY OU: ErPeris <X> Aishia
GSC OU: Bomber. vs Mr.378
ADV OU: hellpowna <2-1> Dominatio
DPP OU: nightcore vs dream
BW OU: Pais <2-0> Ninjacalibur

Brackemaker: Didn't get the link from the guy who made it :'( sorry

Deadline: September 30 at 11:59pm (GMT-4)

Last edited:
is it possible to change our awful lineup btw? sakito's an alcoholic so he forced me to play gsc and held pat hostage. also @ host if you could add "lmao u quoted everythin" to our team name, that'd be awesome!
Can't change your lineup, but yeah, I'll add that to your already ridiculously stupidly long team name. Where exactly would you like to attach that? The front, the back, the middle?

Can't change your lineup, but yeah, I'll add that to your already ridiculously stupidly long team name. Where exactly would you like to attach that? The front, the back, the middle?
We would like the following to be our new team name:
ISSA GLOCK 19 (lil ol smogon headquarters) (lmao u quoted everythin) Dunning BOUGHT A BIG Kruger themadpat Thanks! (both saying thanks and adding it to our teamname)

We would like the following to be our new team name:
ISSA GLOCK 19 (lil ol smogon headquarters) (lmao u quoted everythin) Dunning BOUGHT A BIG Kruger themadpat Thanks! (both saying thanks and adding it to our teamname)
yo istg yall better finish all of ur games after I changed your team name and everything >:(

Before this round ends I'd like to make a note regarding the finals:

DURISSO TEAM's Bomber. has been inactive due to personal issues and instead of having a sub for the team, the RoA tournament hosts have decided to let one player play two different tiers, that tier being hellpowna playing his current tier and GSC.

We thought this is the best course of action to ensure:
  1. a fair and competitive final.
  2. a new entrant doesn't get to "win a tournament" simply because they were on the winning team for one round.
If you have any disagreements, please PM me and we can talk about it.

So seeing as the following two games are both dead (no attempt to contact via wall), ISSA GLOCK 19 (lil ol smogon headquarters) (lmao u quoted everythin) Dunning BOUGHT A BIG Kruger themadpat Thanks! has been eliminated. Thanks for making every single one of these tournament posts look like shit because your team name fucked up the spacing.

RBY OU: Heika vs Altina
GSC OU: Quartosa vs Excal

Finals post coming tmr or rn (depends on how much I procrastinate.

this is a more casual for fun tour, shouldn’t the goal be to get the games done?

You might have gotten finals up but I’m pretty sure this wasn’t resolved correctly

you didn’t even ask for disc scheduling logs. It’s quite literally the de facto scheduling medium

Lutra

Last edited:
Apologies for not getting the game done before the deadline and also not communicating, I honestly kind of forgot about the deadline, as I've been insanely busy irl recently and the time I have for mons I've been dedicating to snake for the most part. I'd like to request an extension until the end of this weekend; I can definitely get the game done by Sunday if that's alright.

Before this round ends I'd like to make a note regarding the finals:

DURISSO TEAM's Bomber. has been inactive due to personal issues and instead of having a sub for the team, the RoA tournament hosts have decided to let one player play two different tiers, that tier being hellpowna playing his current tier and GSC.

We thought this is the best course of action to ensure:
  1. a fair and competitive final.
  2. a new entrant doesn't get to "win a tournament" simply because they were on the winning team for one round.
If you have any disagreements, please PM me and we can talk about it.
That said, I think the hosting decisions have been kind of a mess in this thread. The decision made above is nothing short of ridiculous, even for a smaller tournament. It's unfortunate that Bomber has been having personal issues and can't be active, but that should not enable the team to have another player (let alone their best old gen player) casually decide to GSC in his place. That would be tantamount to a team with someone like BKC having their DPP player vanish, so then BKC plays two tiers. I think it's pretty apparent that it's quite an unfair and awful precedent to set. This should either be a deadgame for the GSC slot and then some sort of tiebreak resolution if it goes 2-2, we can wait a bit longer to finish the final until Bomber can play, or the team with the issue gets an autoloss for the GSC slot because their player can't play.

This tour is small, so getting the game done should be the priority. Both of the listed points to justify this hosting decision are bizarre, as that would be the exact opposite of a fair and competitive final and there is no material gain from "winning this tournament" since it's small and there's no actual reward, and having someone else from outside the team replace him shouldn't even be a question in the first place.

It seems as if my calls have come under a lot of scrutiny. I'll explain myself. First, let me apologize for all of this. My inexperience as a tour host has definitely gotten in the way of y'all having fun, so I deeply apologize for that. You're right, Discord is the de facto form of scheduling, but I hope you understand that I'll be standing behind my deadgame call because of the Scheduling Guide. If you asked me for an extension, I would've probably allowed it, but I literally heard nothing from the players, so again I apologize for being hasty, but I think I made a reasonable decision.

In regards to the finals. You're right, we should've consulted with the opposing team before making that decision. I've tried to correct my wrongs and contacted Dflo, the captain of the other team. He said it was fine and I think that ends the discussion on this, although I do see my mistake.

Again, I apologize for making this tour not fun for some of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)