All Gens RoAPL IV: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Art by 0Nl, thanks friend!

Hello everyone!
I will be hosting RoAPL IV alongside sceptross and Lutra. We have decided to keep last year's format, so RoAPL will feature 8 teams of 12 tier slots each (2x Gens 1-6 OU), and we are here looking for managers for those 8 teams! You will have until 3rd March to apply for a spot alongside an 'assman' of your choice, as the chosen players will be posted here later that day. Player Signups will start on March 9th and will last until 23rd March, with auction happening either on March 24th or 25th.

Example signup
Code:
[B]Team Name:[/B] Lavender Town B(P)erries [Must begin with a Pokémon Location]
[B]Bio:[/B] I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. I also won a 64-man RBY tournament, and went 10-6 in SPL over 2 seasons.
[B]Commitment:[/B] We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
[B]Assistant Manager (or Manager):[/B] @Sceptross
If you want to take up on a team from last year, just use its name and it will be all good.
Good luck everyone! We are looking forward to a great run this year :blobuwu:

Last edited by a moderator:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
Team Name: Virbank Victreebels (taking Pyrite Town Pichu's retains instead unless they sign up)
Bio: I have a pretty good amount of team tournaments experience, know the RoA community very well and have a good knowledge of every gen that's not gen 2.
Commitment: I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.

Akir will be my assistant manager.

Last edited:
Team name: Saffron Stoutlands
Bio: After a good POCL last year (2nd place) I wanna bring the Stoutlands to smogon. I have a lot a tournament experience, as a player and a manager. I know the roa community really well and I‘m on fire
Commitment: i will be active throughout the whole tournament and will send the lineups in time

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Team Name: Mauville Magnetons
Bio: I won WCoPP managing Italy and I'm managing the team that is currently leading the standings in EGL (5 weeks in). I managed RoA Olympics for Team Italy as well. I have some decent RBY accomplishments and I've been starting in SPL 9 in the tier, but I have good enough knowledge of all the tiers and the playerbase (I made playoffs of RoA Tour which was gens1-4)
Commitment: I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager: Void

Last edited:
Team Name: PO town porygons
Bio: snaga and i are p much winning smogon exhibition as a managing pair, we've been in several official team tours and we both have assman/manager experience in a bunch of PO team tours. I also have more official smogon team tour games than all 3 above signups combined :^)
Commitment: full activity and we'll always send lineup on time, exhib host Quote can attest to that and to my commitment >:v
Assistant Manager (or Manager): snagaa

Last edited:
Edit:HSOWA is managing, I am assman
Team Name: Snowpoint Hailraisers
Bio: I have a small amount of team tournaments experience, know the RoA community and playerbase, and have a decent knowledge of every gen. Oh and I managed the Spheals last year so pick me
Assistant manager: me

Last edited:

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Team Name: Virbank Victreebels (with Koniko Klan retain rights)
Bio: I have a pretty good amount of team tournaments experience, know the RoA community very well and have a good knowledge of every gen that's not gen 2.

Akir will be my assistant manager.
Koniko Klan retain rights? The Klan will remain strong.

Z+V

Banned deucer.
Team Name: Tohjo Tyranitars
Bio: I managed in POCL and have a good amount of team tour experience in general, as does my assistant manager. We both have an alright knowledge of the tiers as well.
Commitment: Active throughout the entire tournament.
Assistant Manager: Kory2600

Last edited:

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Aspertia Arcanines
Bio: Along with my assman we have been in charge of Team Greece management for the past year (Powc, WCOP, WcoPP) and for the upcoming year as well. I have managed in team tours in po and pp, and i am eager to do this in smogon as well. I am familiar with the old gens playerbase and roudolf is the expert when it comes to rby.
Commitment: We will both be active af.
Assistant Manager: roudolf13

Last edited:
Typh's not returning apparently and he told me it was fine if someone else took over.

Team: Pacifidlog Typhloons
Bio: Veteran of two solid seasons with the Typhloons (our 2015 win and our top 4 finish in 2017). I've also won several tournaments on PokemonPerfect (a DPP Master Tour and last year's ADV World Championship), currently 3-1 in EGL (Italian SPL), managed last PPL and assembled a fairly solid team, and I tend to do well in RoA events. I play every tier on the list at a fairly high level (except for GSC lol fuck GSC), and I'm very familiar with most of the playerbase as well.
Commitment: Will be active throughout the tour. I will submit my team lineups on time, and even if we fall on hard times I'll give my all and do my best to ensure my players do as well.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
Assistant Manager: Zokuru

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team Name: Pyrite Town Pichus
Bio: Won this tournament as a manager last year, that should be enough. Also won the most recent POWC as a manager and have managed in the last two POCLs, runner-up in 2016.
Assman: jacob

Last edited:
Team Name: Goldrenrod Gengars
Bio: (As a manager) Managed the Typhloons last season and made it to semifinals. Managed in OUPL and POCL as well.
(As a player) Took part as a starter in 2 WCoPs, 2 SPLs, this most recent iteration of SSD, and plenty of other smaller tournaments such as Smogon Exhibition, POWC, and Pokemon Perfect World Cup. I also won the Official Good Saturdays Tour. Also I am the documented and official best Oldgenner on US West (ask anyone on the team).
Commitment: They don't call me the Naruto Uzumaki of Pokemon for no reason.
I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.

Assman: BHARATH_THEBEST
Bio: Participated in WCoP, SSD, and this current SPL. Managed to hold an undefeated record of 6-0 for the first two tournaments.

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Team Name: Wyvern Weaviles
Bio: played (3wcops 1 spl 2 pocl 2powc countless PLs) team tours so know how this team tour works and know the RoA community and playerbases so shudnt be tuff :P also with snou experience(2spl 4 wcop won snake infinite PLs played 5 powc won 1 pocl usin beartic) in team tour shhhuuuud be ez
Assman: Snou (kawaiiiiii)

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Team Name: Wyvern Weaviles
Bio: played (3wcops 1 spl countless PLs) team tours so know how this team tour works and know the RoA community and playerbases so shudnt be tuff :P also with snou experience(2spl 4 wcop won snake infinite PLs) in team tour shhhuuuud be ez
Assman: Snou (kawaiiiiii)
Confirming. Isnt teams name hella fire? I think it is (ofc, i created it). Praj u suck but I will somehow manage to fix that throughout the tour, np.

Team Name: Fuchsia City Firemans
Bio: Was a current gen OU man, now am an avid old gen enthusiast that plays mostly ADV (PP tours, ladder, etc). I co-managed in the last OUPL and was very close to reaching playoffs (rip). I have pretty solid knowledge of the playerbase (for both old and new gens) and also crafted the legendary DPP dog team that has claimed many lives.
Commitment: I'll be active throughout the whole thing and send lineups etc
Co-manager: Pearl

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Veilstone Veterans
Bio: I'd like to manage the slightly grizzled Veilstone Veterans with Snowy as my assman. I'm an Ubers main that did pretty well in the recent POCL, going 6-2. I am currently 4-0 in Ubers in Exhibition, and I've managed to play ADV OU to some success on Pokemon Perfect. I have played in many team tours (PTPL, WCoPP etc.). Other than that, I have done well in the Ubers Classic, making the semi-finals. I know oldgens to an extent, and am familiar with all playerbases. As such, I would like to manage.
Commitment: Of course we will be active throughout the whole tour and send our lineups in punctually, without fail.
Co-Manager: Snowy

Team Name: Cherrygrove Exeggutors
Bio: I am mostly known as a rbyer, and I have participated in various team tournaments over the past two years. I made finals in last year wcopp as a manager. I have also been fairly active for the roa community and know the playerbase pretty well. My assistant is a pillar of the french community, and has won last year fcl (french's spl) as a manager.
Commitment: We are very active and committed.
Assistant Manager: Raspberry

Last edited:

GGFan

Banned deucer.
Team Name: Gregarious Garbodors
Bio: I have played and won a few team tournaments over the years; for example, a multi-gen team tournament on Pokemonexperte and a "tag team" style tournament on THE Alternative. Most recently, I was the assistant manager in WCOPP and helped lead our team to 3rd place. I am currently participating in SPL as a member of the Stark Sharks, which has improved my knowledge of other metagames as well as its playerbases tremendously.
Commitment: If you don't believe I will be committed throughout the entire tournament, I have but one thing to say to you: SWIM IN GARBAGE, O YOU GARBAGE.
Assistant Manager: poh

Last edited:

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Team Name: El Moltres Calvos
Bio: We have serious experience in team tournaments, managing several french team tournaments and winning one. We often play old gens of Pokémon at a serious level.
Commitment: We are tryhards. We will be active and always be informed of the development of the tournament. We are very motivated so we will never forfeit!
Assistant Manager: BlazingDark, aka the Phoenix.

Garou

Banned deucer.
Team Name: perfect penetrators
Bio: I completed pokemon platinum and I have a 64 gxe in gen 1 randbats. This demonstrates my superior knowledge of gen 4 and gen 1 and i am sure i can put this to use in other tiers such as advanced and gsc. I also am an edgy person which allows me to synthesise with the majority of the userbase on this website with expertise, thus making me a perfect captain.
Commitment: i will be very committed
Assistant Manager: idk, will work something out.

Mister Tim

Жарю клойстеров
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Hearthome City Heatrans
Bio: 2 times PPL 3rd place, WCoPP 3-4 place as manager, top 4 with Typhloons last year, POCL 2015 champ, lots of medals on PP and other good plays on serious solo tours. With all this tours i got big knowledge of old gen community and expierence how to build team and how to lead it to high ranks. WIth this package im ready for my first smogon tour as manager.
Assistant Manager: tjdaas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)