Rotom Forms

Suicune is good and all but i have yet to be set up on or seriously owned by suicune. This may be because I have a phazer/tricker on most of my teams but thats besides the point...

yeah ive been set up on by a ChestoRest Bold Suicune..not fun if you dont have a phazer or something that can set up on him and hit him with a STAB Thunderbolt/LEaf Storm. If he doesnt run Ice Beam, Clam Mind Virizion sluts all over him
Uh.. what?

Suicune is good and all but i have yet to be set up on or seriously owned by suicune. This may be because I have a phazer/tricker on most of my teams but thats besides the point...

yeah ive been set up on by a ChestoRest Bold Suicune..not fun if you dont have a phazer or something that can set up on him and hit him with a STAB Thunderbolt/LEaf Storm. If he doesnt run Ice Beam, Clam Mind Virizion sluts all over him

agree.... i think suicune's main issue is that in most sets he has to choose coverage.... if he doesnt run hp electric vappy milotic and even jellicent can do well against him.... if he doesnt run ice beam then the grass types can do their thing...

Oh yea... why arent u running @ least SOME sort of phase? I cant remember the last time I fought a team without @ least one stat boosting sweeper/wall...

But back to the task @ hand... rotom-w tank sets anyone?

Best Suicune set ive ran out of all of them is Bold @ Chesto Berry with HP Elec, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Rest other wise lack of coverage rapes you. But yeah, Choice Specs Hydro Pump from Rotom W is enough to 2HKO Specially Defensive Skarm and do ~90% to Physically Defensive Skarm so even neutral hits are brutal

Once Genesect is released i can expect Rotom-H's stock to rise dramaticly. Not only does it resist Genesect's coverage set of Bolt/Beam/Flamethrower/Bug Buzz, it can KO back with Overheat, and heal off damage with Pain Split taken from Stealth Rocks. You can also run a bulkier set with SpA and SpD EVs to guarantee Genesect doesn't get a Download boost.

Because Genesect can't touch it effectively, it forces the bug to switch out, making it a great counter.
Genosect u-turns and gains momentum, while Rotom takes SR damage. Genosect can even go LO and U-Turn out whenever Rotom switches in.

yeah Geno will be like a mini Special Scizor, but I still dont see a huge nitch for him...his stats arent high enough to ignore his 4x fire weakness

Genosect u-turns and gains momentum, while Rotom takes SR damage. Genosect can even go LO and U-Turn out whenever Rotom switches in.
So you are forcing the use of Stealth Rock in the analogy to find some possible situation for Genesect to not be countered by Rotom-H. For one, this isn't Gen IV and SR is becoming less necessary to have up first turn, if at all. That is why pokemon like Volcarona are used now. Also Rotom can heal himself, and I also find it silly how you consider Genosect being forced out with U-turn, doing next to no damage to Rotom to be "momentum". Genosect either U-turns out (if he even carries U-turn, or he switches, because he cannot threaten Rotom-H at all. For a whole host of reasons (Burn, Para, Overheat, Pain Split)) meaning that Rotom-H is by defenition, countering Genosect.

With spinner support on your team, which is common, Genosect won't even be able to rack up damage on Rotom-H, while all it's attacks get resisted.

So you are forcing the use of Stealth Rock in the analogy to find some possible situation for Genesect to not be countered by Rotom-H. For one, this isn't Gen IV and SR is becoming less necessary to have up first turn, if at all. That is why pokemon like Volcarona are used now. Also Rotom can heal himself, and I also find it silly how you consider Genosect being forced out with U-turn, doing next to no damage to Rotom to be "momentum". Genosect either U-turns out (if he even carries U-turn, or he switches, because he cannot threaten Rotom-H at all. For a whole host of reasons (Burn, Para, Overheat, Pain Split)) meaning that Rotom-H is by defenition, countering Genosect.

With spinner support on your team, which is common, Genosect won't even be able to rack up damage on Rotom-H, while all it's attacks get resisted.
Techno Booster (Water) says hi.

Lol water techno booster.

Rotom-H is pretty much a textbook counter to Genesect, and it always will be. Genesect has little use for Water Techno Booster anyway. I don't think that Genesect will be enough of a threat to bring Rotom-H out of the depths of UU (just go look at DW), but it's there if you need it.

Lol water techno booster.

Rotom-H is pretty much a textbook counter to Genesect, and it always will be. Genesect has little use for Water Techno Booster anyway. I don't think that Genesect will be enough of a threat to bring Rotom-H out of the depths of UU (just go look at DW), but it's there if you need it.
At least Genesect has something to damage Rotom-H (no matter how bad the move may be), unlike the older reason to use Rotom-H -cough- Scizor -cough-

At least Genesect has something to damage Rotom-H (no matter how bad the move may be), unlike the older reason to use Rotom-H -cough- Scizor -cough-
Scizor could Fling Iron Orbs, which was seen as often as Water Techno Booster will be. >_>

Also modest/252 Genesect can't even ohko rotom-h with techno-water, and even with sr support only ohkos him 15% of the time, and obviously Gene gets wrecked by Rotom-H in return.

rotom-w: bold or calm for tank set? ivs? I was planning on using him as an alternate on my rain team, so i was leaning towards bold because the politoed im using is specially defensive... but i guess bold is not really an option since i have not heard any mention of a bold natured one anywhere? thoughts?

the explosion thing doesnt matter too much anymore
since the downpower
but i miss them as spinblockers allready
now all we have is jellicant :(

rotom-w: bold or calm for tank set? ivs? I was planning on using him as an alternate on my rain team, so i was leaning towards bold because the politoed im using is specially defensive... but i guess bold is not really an option since i have not heard any mention of a bold natured one anywhere? thoughts?
You've seriously never seen a Bold Wash/Heat Rotom? AHAHA

That was like, the standard bulky set's nature for them back in Gen 4 IIRC, but I haven't checked their analyses lately. Pretty sure of it though.

You've seriously never seen a Bold Wash/Heat Rotom? AHAHA

That was like, the standard bulky set's nature for them back in Gen 4 IIRC, but I haven't checked their analyses lately. Pretty sure of it though.
you are laughing @ me... but your not sure... i dont get it...

i dont see bold mentioned on any of the guides here on smogon (for gen 5 anyways)

my bad i have never wanted to use rotom-w... it wasnt quite as good when it was eletric/ghost typing...

maybe you didnt understand my post... but i was actually asking for help because i dont know...

not everyone is a rotom expert

Been using Rotom C (Grass) on a rain team and it's been pretty damn effective, in particular at stopping other Rotoms. It's easily one of the most mindless switch ins. A set of Leaf Storm/Thunderbolt/Wow/Pain Split is effective. It also deals with those annoying WaterGround types, but that's pretty true for all grass types

\
i dont see bold mentioned on any of the guides here on smogon (for gen 5 anyways)

maybe you didnt understand my post... but i was actually asking for help because i dont know...
Guys, he was asking for advice on a Rotom-W (right?)

In case you're interested. :) He still runs the nearly same set (but T-Bolt instead of Discharge) and has better typing now. I would personaly go with 88 SpD since I never found the extra speed to be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)