Funky Kong for Smash
In most Pet Mods, a Pokemon is added or changed because either it was voted in as a submission or the owner of the mod changed it as one of many personal changes. The whole goal of this meta is to allow RNG to create the Pokemon of this metagame while still including user input. The users will be able to discuss and then vote on one of five possible builds for each new Pokemon in the metagame.
If you would like to read the process for randomization, feel free to read about it here, though you don't have to:
- For each Pokemon, six numbers between 100 and 255 will be randomly generated. They will be added together, and then the number 600 will be subtracted by the bigger number. This will leave you with a negative number that will be divided by six, and that number will be subtracted into five of our first six numbers. The sixth number will be obtained by taking the other five numbers, adding them together, and subtracting 600 by that number. Those will be the six stats of each Pokemon.
- For their abilities, I got three lists of every ability that isn’t form-changing and isn’t banned from Almost Any Ability and them all get ten of each, since the generator currently makes ten Pokemon at once. Those will be the Primary, Secondary, and Hidden abilities, but I added a one in three chance that instead of giving out an ability, the secondary slot gives out “N/A.” Also, as a side note, for each set of ten Pokemon, no two of them will have the same primary, secondary, or hidden ability, so two Pokemon cannot have Sand Stream as their primary ability at once, but one can have it as their primary and the other as their hidden ability.
- It IS possible for one Pokemon to have the same ability in two different slots, and if that ends up being the case I’ll replace it with N/A.
- For their typings, I got two lists of every single type in the game, similar to the ability lists. They also have a one in three chance of having “N/A” instead of their secondary typing, and no two Pokemon on the current set can have the same primary or secondary typing.
- It is also possible for a Pokemon to have the same primary and secondary typing, like Fighting/Fighting. If that is the case then the Pokemon will just be pure Fighting type, and the second one will be replaced with N/A.
- For their movesets, I got two lists once again, but this time, one included every viable move and the other included every unviable move according to Pokemon Showdown’s teambuilder, and each Pokemon will get 20 of each selected completely at random. This discludes moves in Sketchmons’s banlist, minus Sticky Web, Lovely Kiss, and omniboosting z-moves. Every Pokemon will have two strong STAB attacks for each of their typings, one special and one physical, which will replace the first two or four moves that are given from the generator depending on whether the Pokemon is single or dual-typed. The moves I chose are listed on the sheet. They’ll also be automatically given every TM move that most Pokemon can learn, like Return, Hidden Power, Rest or Toxic.
- All of this is done in Google Sheets.
Due to how lengthy the explanation is, I'll keep the rest short for those who read it all...
Adding Pokemon: Each Discussion Phase, I will post 5 new "builds" given out by RNG using the methods above. During this phase, you mainly should discuss how each of the builds could impact the metagame, what sets could be best for them, and so on. However, you can discuss anything about the metagame that you'd like, including Pokemon already added to the meta. The main focus is the new builds, though.
After about a week or whenever activity stops, the voting phase will begin, and there will be a few days to vote on which build will be accepted. Try your best to pick the build that you think would be the most balanced, not the most overpowered one. From time to time the generator will put out something a bit overpowered. If something ends up being too overpowered or underpowered, we will generate 5 new builds and do this exact process to try and replace the older one. You'll vote in a similar format to mods like Clean Slate with you posting your most preferred, second most preferred, and third most preferred mod in that order.
As a small note, all existing Pokemon are banned. This mod was originally made back in Gen 7, and because of that, some things were added based on their potential with Z-Moves, so Z-Moves are legal as well.
Spreadsheet for Randomization/The Current Pokemon: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EOA1m7JXTq7Zz0ViVI4n6lBppFjVBa4S1GqhAwkPTZQ/edit?usp=sharing. Feel free to make a copy of it to mess around with!
Spreadsheet For Randomly-Generated Teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5ZMVzTAfJ48KQWVE7jt1S6fm7Y8DQX1tFX0-iENWiw/edit?usp=sharing. In case you don't know where to start with building teams, use this and work out the problems as you go if you have any! You don't have to use this to play the meta, though; this is just here for fun.
We now have a Discord server! Follow the invite at https://discord.gg/kqccdNB to join, and you'll be able to talk about the meta, watch replays, get announcements for tournaments and potentially draft leagues, and more!
This meta is now playable on Dragon Heaven! This includes everything. You have to use the import function to build teams, though.