Pet Mod Roulettemons [Finished Mod + Now with Random Battles!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I know most of the activity comes on the day I start everything, but I’ll still mention that I’m ending voting tomorrow. Vote if you haven’t yet!

DuoM2

whao
And Kinesel wins this week! It was added as our 13th Fakemon, while the other four are in the rejected builds section now.

Onto our next builds...

Ghodine
Ghost
Innards Out/Run Away/Minus
117, 73, 48, 137, 122, 103
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Fake Out, Body Slam, Judgement, Shore Up, Megahorn, Knock Off, Outrage, Drill Peck, Aura Sphere, Psystrike, Head Charge, Dragon Dance, Core Enforcer, Swords Dance, Blue Flare, Surf, Autotomize, Stone Edge

Fiebil
Normal/Fire
Quick Feet/Hustle/Motor Drive
21, 117, 156, 151, 13, 142
Viable Moves: Strength, Hyper Voice, Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Focus Punch, Hurricane, Flare Blitz, Power-Up-Punch, Morning Sun, Psycho Cut, Double-Edge, Thunderbolt, First Impression, Refresh, Beak Blast, Reflect, Fusion Bolt, Psycho Boost, Freeze-Dry, Night Slash

Glacida
Fighting/Ice
Mega Launcher/No Second Ability/Triage
100, 115, 157, 46, 146, 36
Viable Moves: Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Play Rough, Sludge Bomb, Psycho Boost, Yawn, Morning Sun, Spiky Shield, Milk Drink, Heat Wave, Encore, Anchor Shot, Leech Seed, Bonemerang, Moongeist Beam, Toxic Spikes, Wood Hammer, Light Screen

Huntoda
Dragon/Fighting
Klutz/Tangling Hair/Trace
102, 87, 122, 133, 134, 22
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Detect, V-Create, Rock Polish, Bonemerang, Grass Knot, Seed Flare, Dazzling Gleam, Volt Tackle, Ice Shard, Toxic Spikes, Thunder Punch, Reflect, Avalanche, Accelerock, Aqua Tail, Thousand Arrows,

Oystyss
Water/Grass
Stench/Magic Guard/Oblivious
169, 58, 173, 42, 62, 96
Viable Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Aromatherapy, Mach Punch, Defog, Light of Ruin, Blaze Kick, Icicle Crash, Seed Flare, Megahorn, Power Gem, King's Shield, Encore, Fake Out, Baneful Bunker, Ice Hammer, Blue Flare, Flamethrower

New computer supposedly comes in on Friday, so I MAY be able to post then. No promises though. Anyways, discussion phase has begun.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Definitive troll pick. 117 HP with Innards out and good defense? mmmmhmmmm. It's far from passive, too, and its relatively speedy! Might be a bit too much, honestly.

Haha, no.

Looks interesting. Obscene bulk with Triage healing moves, but its defensive typing is ass. Seems like a neat pick for bulky offense.

This guy's all over the place, and that's saying a lot for this meta. Great stats with mediocre/bad abilities, amazing physical movepool with such little physical attack. Not feeling this one, sorry.

Warite 2: Swampy boogaloo. Definitely a lot more passive and still specially frail. I think this could be balanced.

DuoM2

whao
Hello everyone, I have a new computer! That means posts from me will be faster and more frequent.

With that out of the way, here are my thoughts on our current five...

That high of an HP stat with Innards Out makes this an immediate "no" for me. This thing being on the opposing team immediately would force you to play differently, and that's unhealthy as heck.

Not quite sure how I feel about this one. This thing has surprisingly decent physical bulk, overcomes what I think will be a crowded Speed tier in the 130-140 range, and is very strong with good coverage. Probably not going to vote for this one.

My personal favorite of the slate. Pretty bad defensive typing somewhat offset by its good bulk, great offensive typing, and access to some nice moves like Toxic Spikes and Milk Drink (and I think Z-Hold Hands, can't remember but Z-Hold Hands / Sky Uppercut / Icicle Crash / Milk Drink sounds cool). Pretty well-rounded Pokemon that doesn't seem broken in any areas, looks like a great choice in my eyes.

Huntoda's pretty cool too. Its STAB combo is very good and somewhat makes up for its lackluster coverage when compared to the rest of this meta, and Seed Flare even without STAB is pretty strong. This thing's stats are the best part about it, and unlike Glacida, it doesn't have a terrible typing....it's weak to Fairy and Dragon, which isn't ideal, but it's not like Crazefly or something whose typing makes it super weak to everything. I like this one.

Oystyss just seems...annoying. Magic Guard with its phyical bulk (why can't we get any specially bulky Pokemon?!) could make it very troublesome for certain Pokemon to break, and the ability to Defog or Aromatherapy on things is nice, but what else does it really do while it's on the field? It might just be a pivot that comes in on a physically offensive Pokemon, forces it out with Toxic or something, maybe supports its team with Defog or Aromatherapy, then swaps out to something else. I don't really like using super super defensive Pokemon that lack recovery so take that all with a grain of salt. Another thing to note is that we may not want yet another Pokemon with crazy physical bulk and poor special bulk, since we already have Brawnkey and Baloon, but that's debatable as well.

That's all I really have to say. Some of my thoughts are shorter than others. Not much else to say, but I may have a big announcement with this in the future.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Ghodine - High HP + Innards Out is an automatic no-no for me. Puts too much pressure for physical attackers.

Fiebil - Ridiculous min-maxing leading to awful Special bulk (but decent physical bulk) and very fast Speed and strong Special Attack, as well as strong coverage, would makes it difficult to be considered as not anything other than underpowered or overpowered (more likely the latter).

Glacida - Never a fan of defensive-oriented Ice-type, but its grandiose bulk and Triage + Milk Drink in addition to Leech Seed can speak words for how easy it can be underestimated. It also have decent Attack power, so it cannot be too passive either.

Huntoda - Good STAB combo, but a lackluster coverage compared to the others'. Similar stats to Glacida but is a Special attacker. Double Fairy weakness can put a big trouble into it.

Oystyss - The Cruelest's discussion speaks volume on how much we don't need another physically bulky Pokemon, especially one with Magic Guard.

Glacida stands out to me as an interesting mon that has a deep enough movepool to be varied and good abilities to back it up. Mega launcher aura sphere is good, and it has a strong enough SpA to use it. Triage milk drink and seed seems pretty nice as well. The only downside is that bad defensive type. I think it’s still worth using though.

Edit: never mind it’s spa is trash

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Glacida stands out to me as an interesting mon that has a deep enough movepool to be varied and good abilities to back it up. Mega launcher aura sphere is good, and it has a strong enough SpA to use it. Triage milk drink and seed seems pretty nice as well. The only downside is that bad defensive type. I think it’s still worth using though.
Sorry if I seem like a jerk for quoting your post just to correct you on one minor thing, but I just wanted to let you know that the format for the stats is HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, Spe, so its base SpA is only 46.

Also, voting has begun. My votes go to Glacida, Huntoda, Oystyss.

Sorry if I seem like a jerk for quoting your post just to correct you on one minor thing, but I just wanted to let you know that the format for the stats is HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, Spe, so its base SpA is only 46.

Also, voting has begun. My votes go to Glacida, Huntoda, Oystyss.
Whoopsie. Thanks for correcting that. Not sure how it slipped by lololol

Glacida, Oystyss, Huntoda

DuoM2

whao
I know it’s only been a day, but I’ve been noticing a trend here where people will always post their votes on the day I open voting slate, so I’m gonna start ending voting sooner just so there aren’t as many dry periods of no posting. Voting ends tomorrow, and I have a few announcements for you all then as well!

DuoM2

whao
Lots of things for me to say in this post. I'm gonna go through the things I usually say first, then the announcements. In what I believe was the slate with the most votes so far, the kind of obvious winner this week was Glacida. It was added to the "Usable Pokemon" tab, while the other four were added to the "Rejected Builds" tab of the spreadsheet. With that, discussion phase has now begun, and here are your new builds (get ready for some awful names)...

Silverybara
Psychic
Prism Armor/Cheek Pouch/Inner Focus
95, 66, 160, 72, 133, 74
Viable Moves: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Photon Geyser, Sucker Punch, Morning Sun, Hex, Anchor Shot, Baneful Bunker, Moongeist Beam, Night Slash, Fire Fang, Fleur Cannon, Head Smash, Yawn, V-Create, Focus Punch, Trick Room, Stealth Rock

Toatic
Fighting/Poison
Stamina/No Second Ability/Fluffy
52, 132, 163, 103, 71, 79
Viable Moves: Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Discharge, Reflect, Lunge, Focus Blast, Meteor Mash, Tailwind, Stealth Rock, Overheat, Thunder Fang, Heal Order, Calm Mind, Flare Blitz, Darkest Lariat, Milk Drink, Strength Sap, Play Rough

Magmatile
Fire/Dragon
Swift Swim/No Second Ability/Minus
160, 74, 129, 101, 27, 109
Viable Moves: Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Liquidation, Hydro Pump, Coil, Refresh, Superpower, Surf, Shadow Ball, Icicle Spear, Psyshock, Super Fang, V-Create, Heal Bell, Brick Break, Flare Blitz, Aromatherapy, Healing Wish

Pidgeotine
Normal/Flying
Full Metal Body/Torrent/Cheek Pouch
71, 124, 56, 48, 194, 107
Viable Moves: Strength, Hyper Voice, Drill Peck, Aeroblast, Roar, Dragon Tail, Multi-Attack, Endeavor, Precipice Blades, Discharge, Fleur Cannon, Haze, Liquidation, Dragon Claw, Lava Plume, Aura Sphere, U-Turn, Yawn, Agility, Heal Bell

Skelalo
Ghost/Fire
Parental Bond/No Second Ability/Storm Drain
126, 141, 121, 137, 14, 61
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Autotomize, Superpower, Healing Wish, Icicle Crash, Psycho Boost, Memento, Iron Head, Slack Off, Fire Punch, Fleur Cannon, Psycho Cut, Horn Leech, Outrage, X-Scissor

With that out of the way, now for the announcements. First off, you may now post art for any accepted or rejected Pokemon here that you want! Do whatever you want with the designs, this is 100% just for fun! I already have a Baloon sprite made that I'll be posting next time I post here.

Next, the spreadsheet now can generate randomized mega evolutions! To do this, it uses a formula similar to the one that is used to get the stats for regular Pokemon. Normally it initially generates 6 numbers between 100 and 250 and rounds them to all add up to 600, but in this case, it generates 5 numbers between -30 and 60 and rounds them all to add to 100. It takes 5 numbers instead of 6 because the 6th number would be the HP stat which won't change. The numbers are smaller so the stat changes can't be too minmaxed and they can be negative to allow stat decrease. It can also change the secondary typing, which it has a one in four chance of doing, and it gives a new ability that excludes item-based ones like Unburden. Long story short, this is what it ends up looking like...

If you've made a copy of this spreadsheet and want to use this, then you'll have to create a new copy of the spreadsheet. You can also edit the 100s by "standard stats" with whatever numbers you want. Currently, This will likely be used after we're done generating new Pokemon (excluding ones we find to be broken in practice) to buff extremely bad Pokemon, like if Chillyte sees no use because of Glacida, we'll do a "Mega Chillyte slate" similar to the current ones where we get 5 Mega Chillyte builds and vote on them.

For the last announcement, Brodaha has opted out of the council. This is because of him being on Smogon less and less as time passes. That means that we are going to accept one or two new members to our council, though! If you want to be a part of the council, message me on Smogon or on Discord (Duo#8121) and Leonard and I will consider adding you.

That's all for this post. As usual, I'll be posting my thoughts on the current builds later. Thanks for reading all of this, and thank you guys for keeping my thread active!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Finally, a good mixed wall! Lots of things it can do, from hazard-setting to Trick Room usage. I like this one!

163 Defense with Fluffy and Strength Sap? Gross.

Fire/Dragon Swift Swim user? Honestly... Could be interesting. We ain't got many weather abusers around.

The hell? What are those stats? What is that typing? This thing's dumb lmao

Now this thing's pretty freaking interesting. 4/6 of its stats are whack, with the rest being mediocre/horrific. I'm also a sucker for Ghost/Fire types, so there's that.

Interesting mixed wall,I am dissapointed by how much coverage it has since its attaking stats are pretty bad and has no way to increase them. I can also see it being really one-linear since its support moves consists of only Yawn,Morning sun, Trick room and Stealth rock. However,those defensive stats are amazing and prism armor is such a good ability.
This mon is just broken. Tremendously good defense,decent defensive typing,amazing coverage with meteor mash,Flare bitz,Poison jab,Play rough and some good support moves such as strength sap,Tailwind, Stealth rock. It even can go special if it wants to. This pokemon versatility and stats are too much
Interesting mon. A fire type that can abuse rain and has some good water coverage. It is pretty tanky on the physical side,but on the special side it may fall to a single power gem. It also has a good physical movepoll and meh special movepool, but the thing is his attack is bad whereas his sp atk is decent (Although it does have a way to boos it via coil)
Lol
I really like this pokemon. A little bit extreme, with his positives and his negatives being enormous. I feel like his stats lets it run both special or physical, but that it will require either webs support,autotomize or Scarf to be really good.I like both his physical coverage (shadow bone, Blaze Kick,superpower) and his special coverage (Fleur cannon,Psycho boost,bug buzz, flamethrower, fiery dance,etc.)An his abilites ae really great as well (Although I think physical variants are better of with parental bond whereas special variants are better off with storm drain)

Skelalo doesn't seem that broken. The fact it needs to use Super Power to get around types like Water/dark, Dragon/Normal and other STAB resistors means it's using Draco Meteor Punch type move and drops its attack two stages and defense just to nab an SE hit and it's weak to Pursuit so using Super Power and not getting the kill could very well mean dead Skelalo. If Ghost/Fire resistant combos become commonplace this could be a well manageable pokemon.

DuoM2

whao
The first thing that should stand out about this Pokemon is its really REALLY good bulk, and then maybe how passive it is. Its passiveness is obviously a major downside, but its bulk is absolutely absurd and may more than make up for it. Assuming I did all of my calcs correctly, a STAB Super Effective Sheer Force Life Orb Salamalix Crunch has an 83% chance to 2HKO the SpDef set, and its SpDef stat is even higher. For another calc, a STAB Life Orb Koactric Thunderbolt has only a 5% chance to 3HKO the SpDef set...if it doesn't have its Leftovers. That crazy amount of bulk on both sides of the spectrum might be a bit much, and it may work in a similar vein to Deoxys-Defense in OU in that it practically forces rocks / Trick Room onto the field just because of how well it takes hits. I'm on the fence about this, but I don't doubt that someone can change my mind here.

Don't really know how I feel about this one either, especially since it would likely wall every single physical attacker in the meta. Unlike Brawnkey, not only does it have reliable recovery, but it has a great offensive presence as well. I'll pass.

however i'm still voting for it for z-prismatic laser beating brawnkey

This one seems a little bit underwhelming. Has a few offensive support options and good physical bulk (because what DOESN'T have good physical bulk from this generator...) but at first sight not much else; its Speed and Special Attack are pretty underwhelming for the meta and it doesn't have any longevity while also having a typing that makes it very weak to hazards. Something nice to mention though is that STAB Adamant Choice Band V-Create is still pretty strong, though. Assuming my calc is right, you can 2HKO a Baloon that's invested in HP and Attack! I'm not sure what spread it'll run but the calc just to show its power. It's physical bulk is still good following that so it isn't immediately forced out after using it. Brawnkey and Aquatopus still can wall it pretty easily but I don't think it'll be too bad. It seems very fun at the very least.

This thing has so many enticing item options...some kind of berry with Cheek Pouch, a memory drive that makes it much easier to break past Baloon or Aquatopus, or a different item to just allow it to cause more damage all around. I dunno, I don't feel like I want this thing in the meta either.

Yeah this thing has no switchins, Parental Bond with stats that high are just too much. I don't normally like quoting others' posts in this but I just wanted to say something...

Skelalo doesn't seem that broken. The fact it needs to use Super Power to get around types like Water/dark, Dragon/Normal and other STAB resistors means it's using Draco Meteor Punch type move and drops its attack two stages and defense just to nab an SE hit and it's weak to Pursuit so using Super Power and not getting the kill could very well mean dead Skelalo. If Ghost/Fire resistant combos become commonplace this could be a well manageable pokemon.
You gotta keep in mind though: that's IF we get Ghost/Fire resistant combos, and we shouldn't bank on something like that. We actually already do have a Pokemon that would wall its standard Physical set (Aquatopus) except it gets Horn Leech so that's not possible. The two types you mentioned actually can't handle this thing because it gets Icicle Crash and Horn Leech. You would have to get like Fire/Dark or Fire/Normal (rip Elephire) in order to wall this thing's coverage, which is still kinda specific and I don't know if we wanna bank on that.

Also, I'm gonna start voting tomorrow. I'll also post the Baloon sprite I made then!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I'd put it blunt about Skelalo; anything with high BST, access of items and have Parental Bond should not be voted imo. This one got enough coverage and firepower to blow almost anything with one move, especially after a stat boost, so I'll pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)