RU CCAT 3 [Stage 6] Congrats ShakeItUp!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hone Claws Aero :3

but I'll go with Offensive SubRoost Moltres

Changed my mind, I'd love to see a CCat focussed on moltres

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Confirmed by Molk over IRC that BW2's gift to Moltres in Hurricane is usable for the CCAT! So I'll have to go with that due to its MASSIVE power. We just got to make sure we get our hands on a Moltres with 20/20 vision. :}
Offensive SubRoost Moltres

I didn't know Moltres was a "forgotten threat" unless we are going by the fact that Typhlosion has higher usage...

Either way, a ton of cool sets, and I'm inclined to want to use either Aerodactyl (truly a forgotten threat) or Kabutops (cause it's fucking Kabutops), but it's hard to deny the fact that I'm itching for an excuse to use the newly buffed Moltres.

Subroost Moltres

Endforfin's Archeops

This guy requires support to function, but that's exactly why we should build a team around it. Roost was a godsend for Archeops too, it can finally get out of Defeatist by itself.

The voters have spoken, and SubRoost Moltres will be the centerpiece of our team (complete with Hurricane ^.^)

Moltres @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

So, on to Stage 2: suggest a good partner for this thing.

An extremely good partner for Moltres, in terms of support, offensive synergy and defensive synergy.

original page of Project-Occasus' work

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

excellent for clearing the SR that will destroy Moltres as well as providing some priority for the team and this thing can actually beat some of the common spin blockers. It only shares an electric weakness and provides handy resistances to fire and flying while Moltres carries the resistance to grass, ground, and fighting moves that threaten Kabutops.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Torterra

Moltres struggles against Rock-types such as Omastar, Kabutops and Rhydon, while also being vulnerable to fast Choice Scarf wielding Electric-types such as Rotom

Torterra can demolish Rock-types with either of its STABs, is immune to Electric, and can easily take Rock-type moves while also supporting Moltres with Stealth Rock. Moltres can take Fire and Bug-type attacks for Torterra.

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

This is the more tankish set, although Torterra can also run more offensive variants. Although Moltres needs spin support, personally, I think that we should avoid choosing a spinner so soon as it restricts teambuilding later on.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Torterra

Moltres struggles against Rock-types such as Omastar, Kabutops and Rhydon, while also being vulnerable to fast Choice Scarf wielding Electric-types such as Rotom

Torterra can demolish Rock-types with either of its STABs, is immune to Electric, and can easily take Rock-type moves while also supporting Moltres with Stealth Rock. Moltres can take Fire and Bug-type attacks for Torterra.

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

This is the more tankish set, although Torterra can also run more offensive variants. Although Moltres needs spin support, personally, I think that we should avoid choosing a spinner so soon as it restricts teambuilding later on.
Was just about to post this too, yea, Torterra makes a perfect partner for Offensive SubRoost Moltres

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Tangrowth (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Offensive Tangrowth has wonderful synergy with Hurricane Moltres, as the only RU Pokemon who can really take 2 Hurricanes / Fire Blasts with Stealth Rock on the field without getting are Lanturn, Munchlax, Regirock, and Rhydon. Tangrowth single-handedly tears through all these Pokemon with no problem at all, as Leaf Storm decimates Lanturn, Regirock, and Rhydon, while Focus Blast does huge damage to Munchlax. It also happens to lure in specially defensive Grass-types like Roselia and Amoonguss, who Moltres can easily switch into and freely set up a Substitute on. imo, what we really need at the moment is something that destroys what Moltres has issues with, and Tangrowth is a very reliable choice for that job.

This is a 24 hour warning, give or take a bit. If there is another set you would like to propose as a good teammate for SubRoost Moltres, please do so ASAP ^.^

Druddigon @leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Rough Skin, Impish
-Glare
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Claw
-Aqua Tail

So Moltres we know will struggle with scarfed electric types and rock types in all shapes and forms. Druddigon easily takes on virtually every electric type in the tier and can cripple threats with glare which will save moltres having to switch out from most offensive threats that could outspeed him. Druddigon also gives hazard support in the form of SR and still retains a lot of offensive pressure thanks to that tasty Base 120 atk. Aqua tail has nearly perfect coverage in RU with dragon claw except for ferroseed (who is an easy switch-in for moltres) and does heavy damage to rhydon. The EVs give druddigon good bulk and allows it even to take 2 LO Stone Edges from aerodactyl with SR up and OHKO back. Overall, a solid pivot that covers moltres nicely, supports, and gives good offensive pressure to boot.

Okay, so now we get to vote ^.^

This voting period will be up for about 48 hours. Take your pick between:
Lars's Kabutops
Endorfin's Torterra
SilentVerse's Tangrowth
spuds4ever's Druddigon

I might as well toss in my vote at this point: Endorfin's Torterra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)