Project RU Teambuilding Factory - The Return (Now on USM!)

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

I love to just spam a stabmove once this Insect comes in. But since I am not the most experienced RU builder, my teams usually come out with fatal flaws. For that reason, a really usable team around Specs Yanmega would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This is a core I've been trying to build with for while but I'm never really happy with the results. The speed creep on jellli could be changed if you want but creeping Milotic is probably minimum.

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Honchkrow is one of the major threats on the metagame, with an amazing base 120 attack, a great offensive typing, a great coverage in superpower, the ability to pursuit trap other pokemon, a powerful STAB move like Brave Bird and the oppurtunity to boost its already higher attack more with moxie. This mon is also an A- in terms of viabilty. I would really appreciate a team built around Honchkrow.
Thanks in advance!

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eboera

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- First Impression

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Leaf Storm

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Head Smash

Once again sorry for taking SO long with your request, hopefully you are still around. Golisopod is one of the mons that I really struggle building with because it is somewhat restricting, and pairing with Mega Steelix ends up being more restrictive cause I dont think it is the most ideal mega to pair it with since it ends up in a somewhat generic bulky offense type of deal (it is very similar to the team that I posted with Kingdra and Bandex Lax). I believe pairing with a mega like Mega Ampharos, or Blastoise would have make for a more interesting challenge. But enough with the bad news.

Banded Golisopod is REALLY strong, having priority capable of KOing Flygon from full and removing Gatr after some prior damage so thats some notable utility to revenge kill setup sweepers and keep at bay. Cool. Mega Steelix is standard and one of the best rockers in the tier but we all know that at this point. The small tech I decided to run here in Stone Edge is to soften the Moltres issue since it can very annoying if given space to breath, and KOing Yanmega straight up is also really useful. Really worth the trade. Rotom-Cut and Salazzle are pretty standard BO staples, Rotom-Cut being the best option of hazard control if the mega isnt blastoise and Salazzle being the best special wallbreaker in the tier.

The next pick was somewhat challenging cause the main issue with running Mega Steelix is that it leaves you vulnerable to certain setup sweepers which can BLOW through your shit if you rely solely on Mega Steelix to "Metacheck". So I provided you with Umbreon, but boy not your standard Umbreon set that we all know and that so many hate. Taunt Umbreon shares a similar role to Mandibuzz since it helps in dealing with certain slow setup sweepers like Snorlax without the annoying ice weakness and having heal bell in the back can be really nice. It is also the designated Gatr and Zydog switch-in thanks to the extra defensive investment that I believe is more favorable in this meta. Scarf Tyrantrum completes the team by revenge killing stuff like Salazzle, Noivern, Swellow, and all that good stuff. Great scarfer.

If you are interesting in a version I have with Bronzong, feel free to send a private message or something. Special offer for taking so long I guess. Hope you enjoy!

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z / Groundium Z (?)
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Drill Run
It just dropped to ru and I was really looking forward to use it, since my building Skills aren't that great I was hoping to see what u could do with it

Felixx

I'm back.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Synthesis / Rest / Leech Seed

Just wanted to request a team built around LO Shaymin, its ability to break defensive cores would definitely warrant it a place on some kind of bulky offense type of team, with other breakers or cleaners for it to support/get supported by.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
MultiAmmiratore Felixx

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Sorry for taking so long, again. Sometimes I feel alone in the boat when I have other people, omg. Decided to cover 2 birds with 1 stone on this since these 2 fit together really well. Lycanroc-Dusk is a cool mon, providing a solid late game win condition and cool moltres and yanmega check for offense for virtually every set thanks to the rock type priority, does hefty damage to salazzle too. The condition is that it needs SD Lycanium Z to actually be more useful than other rock types like tyrantrum and even aerodactyl, so yeah. SD + 3 Attacks is good here. Fire Fang over something like Drill Run since I believe Drill Run targets are covered far more effectively, and Virizion can be a real threat.

Rest of the build is really standard tbh. Mega Blastoise and Gligar make for a solid duo in terms of hazard control and stealth rock user respectively. Mega Blastoise doesnt need an introduction, best offensive hazard control in the tier yes. SR U-turn Gligar since the team really appreciates the momentum. Shaymin is one of the best grass types in the tier and air slash alongside hp rock I believe is the most optimal coverage for it atm. Yes, walled by steels but the rest of the team supports that shortcoming well enough. Banded Escavalier pairs really well with Lycanroc and Shaymin since it removes Bronzong which is an annoyance for both, and is a cool mon. And Scarf Gardevoir which is probably the best scarfer atm. Decided to run hidden power fire to potentially lure escavaliers and other steels for shaymin, effectively overwhelming them.

Pretty basic team tbh. As said, Virizion is a threat so do handle carefully. So can be Noivern so it is up to consideration in running Ice Beam over Rapid Spin on the Blastoise but Spikes can become annoying so take that into account.

Cheers!

Last edited:
MultiAmmiratore Felixx

Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Sorry for taking so long, again. Sometimes I feel alone in the boat when I have other people, omg. Decided to cover 2 birds with 1 stone on this since these 2 fit together really well. Lycanroc-Dusk is a cool mon, providing a solid late game win condition and cool moltres and yanmega check for offense for virtually every set thanks to the rock type priority, does hefty damage to salazzle too. The condition is that it needs SD Lycanium Z to actually be more useful than other rock types like tyrantrum and even aerodactyl, so yeah. SD + 3 Attacks is good here. Fire Fang over something like Drill Run since I believe Drill Run targets are covered far more effectively, and Virizion can be a real threat.

Rest of the build is really standard tbh. Mega Blastoise and Gligar make for a solid duo in terms of hazard control and stealth rock user respectively. Mega Blastoise doesnt need an introduction, best offensive hazard control in the tier yes. SR U-turn Gligar since the team really appreciates the momentum. Shaymin is one of the best grass types in the tier and air slash alongside hp rock I believe is the most optimal coverage for it atm. Yes, walled by steels but the rest of the team supports that shortcoming well enough. Banded Escavalier pairs really well with Lycanroc and Shaymin since it removes Bronzong which is an annoyance for both, and is a cool mon. And Scarf Gardevoir which is probably the best scarfer atm. Decided to run hidden power fire to potentially lure escavaliers and other steels for shaymin, effectively overwhelming them.

Pretty basic team tbh. As said, Virizion is a threat so do handle carefully. So can be Noivern so it is up to consideration in running Ice Beam over Rapid Spin on the Blastoise but Spikes can become annoying so take that into account.

Cheers!
Thanks, looks great

Felixx

I'm back.
MultiAmmiratore Felixx

Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Cheers!
Really good work on this build, thanks for building it!

MrAldo

Hey
Ov3r Ac3

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Megahorn

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 120 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Saying "sorry for taking so long" is basically our thing right now but eh, yeah. Here it is after some time. Grass + Jelli builds have been getting some good traction on the past weeks and tbh I struggled to come up with a variant that hasnt been used recently so hopefully this variant can deliver. Viriz + Jellicent are a classic ORAS pair that still holds its own this generation. Both sets are pretty standard and self explanatory. The Escavalier set is rather specialized but it serves its purpose really well in this. Provides a good blastoise check and a mean to pursuit trap zong and weaken checks that it has in common with Virizion (like Doublade and stuff) and takes advantage of the fact that the only relevant fairy atm is Gardevoir which is neutral to Bug. Should be able to beat non specialized Florges sets 1v1.

Rhyperior is generally seen as a SR User but here I decided to use Choice Band here over the coveted Tyrantrum. Why? For the same mon. Provides a check to scarf tyrantrum and moltres, and most Noiverns in a pinch while having a similar wallbreaking power than the T-Rex since it is such a sturdy rock resist even without notable hp investment. This is where it got complicated. I needed rocks and Gligar wasnt looking good to add here, Bronzong was a no go since didnt wanted to add more fire weaknesses and I was pretty weak to Virizion already so none of the most common options solved that. Decided to role with Uxie and fits pretty well, provides me with rocks and a Virizion hard check while providing pivoting that Rhyperior and Virizion heavily appreciate. Toxic is nice to catch things that could taking advantage of it (bar like steels but you u-turn out of those). Last, scarf flygon rounds up the team while providing the necessary salazzle check and all the good things Flygon provides.

Hoping the tier shifts do not take too much time so the Honchkrow request can be tackled with potentially new drops, and dont really wanna do anything else until that happens.

Hope you enjoy! Any issues Im all ears. Cheers!

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ov3r Ac3

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Megahorn

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 120 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Saying "sorry for taking so long" is basically our thing right now but eh, yeah. Here it is after some time. Grass + Jelli builds have been getting some good traction on the past weeks and tbh I struggled to come up with a variant that hasnt been used recently so hopefully this variant can deliver. Viriz + Jellicent are a classic ORAS pair that still holds its own this generation. Both sets are pretty standard and self explanatory. The Escavalier set is rather specialized but it serves its purpose really well in this. Provides a good blastoise check and a mean to pursuit trap zong and weaken checks that it has in common with Virizion (like Doublade and stuff) and takes advantage of the fact that the only relevant fairy atm is Gardevoir which is neutral to Bug. Should be able to beat non specialized Florges sets 1v1.

Rhyperior is generally seen as a SR User but here I decided to use Choice Band here over the coveted Tyrantrum. Why? For the same mon. Provides a check to scarf tyrantrum and moltres, and most Noiverns in a pinch while having a similar wallbreaking power than the T-Rex since it is such a sturdy rock resist even without notable hp investment. This is where it got complicated. I needed rocks and Gligar wasnt looking good to add here, Bronzong was a no go since didnt wanted to add more fire weaknesses and I was pretty weak to Virizion already so none of the most common options solved that. Decided to role with Uxie and fits pretty well, provides me with rocks and a Virizion hard check while providing pivoting that Rhyperior and Virizion heavily appreciate. Toxic is nice to catch things that could taking advantage of it (bar like steels but you u-turn out of those). Last, scarf flygon rounds up the team while providing the necessary salazzle check and all the good things Flygon provides.

Hoping the tier shifts do not take too much time so the Honchkrow request can be tackled with potentially new drops, and dont really wanna do anything else until that happens.

Hope you enjoy! Any issues Im all ears. Cheers!
thanks a lot! n_n

I want to request a team for one of the new RU mons, Mienshao, +Mandibuzz
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Roost

This sets are OK no?

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
So Mienshao just dropped, and I think that it will be so good. I want a team using this set, if it’s possible:

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

High Jump Kick hits all. Knock Off + HP Ice kills Gligar. Regenerator + U-Turn helps for keeping Mienshao healthy. I think this set will be great.

porg_111

Banned deucer.
Shaymin @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash / HP Fire / Synthesis

Hello I need some help building a team with this Z-Celebrate Shaymin preferably a FWG like core also if you think that my sets need some adjustment then its okay to adjust it

MrAldo

Hey
Ok, time to handle some of requests.

Hubriz

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

Shaymin @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

EVs: 136 HP / 172 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Yanmega is still a pretty cool mon despite losing some of the luster it had back on the early USM days. Still a potent breaker that can spam its main stab with little to no repercussion. Decided to pair Yanmega alongside HP Fire Grassium Z Shaymin since they share similar checks and they both can overwhelm them for each other. Doublade is the offensive glue that has gained a lot of value lately with Grass-type Pokemon like Virizion, and pokemon like Tyrantrum and Gardevoir being the rage atm. Straight forward SD set.

Diancie has a lot of value in this meta, especially with Entei around since it is customizable enough to not care about burns that much if defensive or offensive. I prefer offensive diancie since Earth Power let it chip potential switch-ins like Mega Steelix on its own. Pressures Mandibuzz and Rotom-Heat which can be pretty annoying so thats dope. Mega Blastoise is a naturally good partner and an excellent pokemon in general so it needs no introduction. Scarf Flygon as the revenge killer, backup hazard control for Yanmega and for Pivoting too.

Zygarde-10% is a nuisance so running Shuca Berry on Diancie isnt out of question for this. Hope you enjoy and sorry for taking so long!

Pinboim3

Honchkrow @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Atk / 60 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Rhyperior @ Lum Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 168 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare

This probably lands at the worst possible moment (or gets done at the worst possible moment...) but here we go. BALLS DEEP. Here is some Hyper Offense for you featuring the Murderkrow himself. Updated the set a bit cause I believe it is the most optimal Honch set. BIG HONCH. Taunt let it annoy potential switch-ins like Bronzong trying to play games through toxic and protect, prevent hazards and hazard removal from passive mons and on the proper time you can get +1 attack if you play your z-move properly. Or even have a dark nuke at that. Wonderful.

Mega Glalie is a fantastic partner since it provide Spikes which allow Honchkrow to put immense pressure on pretty much every build from the get-go and Glalie scares pretty much every hazard control available. Even Double-Edge does some hefty damage to Mega Blastoise. EQ to hit Entei for the kill or good damage! Doublade serves the very important of holding the team together against 320 threats while being super threatening on its own. Great mon. Rhyperior is the stealth rocker and obligatory fire resist. Decided to run Lum Berry cause FUCK Entei, gosh. Calm Mind Grass Knot helps patch the lackluster matchup against some water types and provides hazard control to Honchkrow and Mega Glalie. Scarf Shaymin is the necessary evil type of set but a set that always does its job, water resist, healing wish support that the whole team appreciates, etc.

It is HO so you hopefully have some guts, only type of builds where Honch really stand out tbh. Super weak to everything and hates Entei but that thing cant switch into anything bar Shaymin locked on the wrong move so play your cards right. If it sucks too much you can always peg me with your complaints! Im all ears. Hope you enjoy and sorry for taking AGES, OMG.

The one that requested the Z-Celebrate Shaymin team is a banned deucer so rip to that I guess. If anyone wants a team with that feel free to request it again.

Cheers!

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Toxic / Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

A fresh new mon to play with in the RU metagame. Entei is a solid wallbreaker and forces tons of prep vs opposing teams. What Entei does is no surprise and it hasn't been built in the workshop yet, so why not be the first to request!

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Many thanks MrAldo! The team looks amazing and the tandem with Grassium Z Shaymin is something refreshingly new that I have never tried out so far. I really appreciate it!

Hey, I'd like to request a Golisopod team. It's recently shot up to the prestigious A rank, so I'd like to use it, but I have no idea where to start.
Golisopod @ Insect Plate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Spikes

(you can tweak this to your liking, and I don't care about the playstyle.)

Hey, really appreciating ur work here. Im requesting a team around Ninetales.
ninetales.png

PraiseTheSun (Ninetales) @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Thats my preferred Set, but ill go with any other too.
The team should use the aggression ninetales usually brings. In return i need a way to not have a sun boosted entei run through the team
I want to praise that sun properly! - however a full sunteam is not what i imagine this to be. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
BlowingBlackmagic

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 76 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop
- Stealth Rock

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 16 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

So you said no full sun, but nothing about double weather! I already had a Ninetales team but it was kinda weak to Entei, which is honestly extremely difficult to circumvent when using a Ninetales, particularly a Specs one. Using Gigalith in tandem helps with that, on top of having the z-move potential to break through it, and they don't actually have the worst synergy together.

Replaced Pain Split with HP Ice, so that you can hit Noivern / Tyrantrum for good damage, as without Specs you can't rely as much on the pure breaking power to force them in bad situations. Gigalith has Throat Chop because I actually didn't care much for the Bronzong matchup, with a few hits of this you leave it in range of most of your threats without needing to take a toxic or unnecessary hit. Flygon is the unfortunate rock resist™ because I'm using Gigalith over Rhyperior, and Cress covers fighting and ground weaknesses for the core. Roserade brings a bit more breaking power and hazards, while Blastoise helps remove them. The Blastoise set is kinda wack, but I wanted to add a bit more Entei counterplay and the bulk is cute in a pinch for threatening physical breakers. The no water move is mostly because of Ninetales being used as support and the coverage being generally useful on it, especially Aura Sphere.

Big threats would probably be Tyrantrum, because the rock resists are kinda shaky and you have to work around weather with Cress at times, but like I said Rhyperior over Gigalith helps there. Mandibuzz is a general pain, Toxic over Lunar Dance might help, but Roserade can pressure it, depending on the spread. Golisopod is lowkey stupid, mostly because I tried to make it a fairly offensive team, but the speed might work against it on that team. CM Meloetta can put the hurt too, something to watch out for.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Ok, to cover some of the stuff left

Mylo Xyloto

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Double-Edge
- Ice Punch / Self-Destruct
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Virizion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

This apparently was requested roughly 4 months ago... really REALLY sorry for that, must have missed it. Pretty straightforward bulky offense team with Mega Ampharos. I prefer HP Ice on this build in particular over Dragon Pulse to catch Gligars and stuff. Snorlax is a cool partner since it lures stuff like Doublade for Virizion and acts as a general offensive glue to keep some offensive threats at bay and diminish the pressure of Amphy having to pivot into stuff too often. The rest is fairly straightforward. Doublade and Gligar for the defensive core, one provide a solid rock resist and fairy punisher and Gligar provides rocks. Fightinium Z Virizion is cool to smack stuff with a strong fighting nuke since plenty of stuff can take the +2 grassium but not the +2 fightinium. And Scarf Garde to provide the revenge killer and healing wish so you can play more aggresively.

Entei can choke on a box of hobnails but it is a threat so play aggresively and feel free to trade since Healing Wish let you play more aggresively. Any issues you can talk to me. Enjoy, and sorry again!

Mike81401

Golisopod @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- First Impression

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Overheat

Meloetta @ Electrium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

Curious how I made 2 golisopod teams and they are on the same page but the previous one is somewhat dated so here we are with a more up to date version(kind of). Banded Golisopod is super duper strong and has a ton of defensive value, being a sturdy ground resist which is a super valuable quality with mons like Zygarde-10% in the tier which has caused it to skyrocket on viability. And the super strong priority ofc. Cool mon even though isnt my cup of tea. Next Mega Steelix is this super reliable mon to set up rocks and stuff, excellent rocker and rock resist that are always necesssary. Gyro Ball is pretty neat to do more damage to Virizion and reduce its threat since this is no Hurricane Noivern.

Rotom-Heat provides excellent pivoting with its typing that let it check dangerous things like opposing Noivern. HP Ice is in the moveset to hit that which is otherwise pretty annoying. Pairs really well with Mega Steelix since Steelix doesnt resist ice. The last mons are Electrium Meloetta, Life Orb Noivern and Scarf Roserade which is more of a necessary evil. Electrium Meloetta is to reduce the threat of opposing Milotic which can be surprisingly difficult to deal with even with 2 decent water resists if it packs ice beam so that is there to reduce the chances of losing to it drastically. And it destroys Mandibuzz and does great damage to Doublade and Escavalier so yeah. Life Orb Noivern is super good with taunt and roost and Scarf Roserade coverage looks weird but it works to revenge kill the necessary things and keep it useful against steels.

Hope you enjoy!

More announcements regarding the status of this thread, and possibly a change in dynamics, soon.

Cheers!

BlowingBlackmagic

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 76 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Throat Chop
- Stealth Rock

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 16 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

So you said no full sun, but nothing about double weather! I already had a Ninetales team but it was kinda weak to Entei, which is honestly extremely difficult to circumvent when using a Ninetales, particularly a Specs one. Using Gigalith in tandem helps with that, on top of having the z-move potential to break through it, and they don't actually have the worst synergy together.

Replaced Pain Split with HP Ice, so that you can hit Noivern / Tyrantrum for good damage, as without Specs you can't rely as much on the pure breaking power to force them in bad situations. Gigalith has Throat Chop because I actually didn't care much for the Bronzong matchup, with a few hits of this you leave it in range of most of your threats without needing to take a toxic or unnecessary hit. Flygon is the unfortunate rock resist™ because I'm using Gigalith over Rhyperior, and Cress covers fighting and ground weaknesses for the core. Roserade brings a bit more breaking power and hazards, while Blastoise helps remove them. The Blastoise set is kinda wack, but I wanted to add a bit more Entei counterplay and the bulk is cute in a pinch for threatening physical breakers. The no water move is mostly because of Ninetales being used as support and the coverage being generally useful on it, especially Aura Sphere.

Big threats would probably be Tyrantrum, because the rock resists are kinda shaky and you have to work around weather with Cress at times, but like I said Rhyperior over Gigalith helps there. Mandibuzz is a general pain, Toxic over Lunar Dance might help, but Roserade can pressure it, depending on the spread. Golisopod is lowkey stupid, mostly because I tried to make it a fairly offensive team, but the speed might work against it on that team. CM Meloetta can put the hurt too, something to watch out for.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
Very nice team thanks alot. ninetales+gigalth is something i tried to build myself so im glad u resorted to that. i played the team quite a bit by now, and its very fun to use, im definetly statisfied :). again thanks a lot and keep up the good work u guys are doing here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)