(RU) The ants go marching one by one...

Hello and welcome to RMT! The name implies there is a Durant somewhere in here, and if you thought that while reading this, you were not misled. In fact this whole team kind of revolves around getting rid of Durant's counters so it can sweep.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge

Intimidate
Impish 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Toxic Spikes
-Spikes
-Haze
-Waterfall

This Qwilfish is here to be a physical wall and to set up and not be set up on. (Toxic) Spikes are there to gradually wear down pokes over time. Toxic Spikes are especially helpful as they wear down non-Rest Blastoise, who could normally come in and Rapid Spin all day. These hazards being set up are to wear down the bulky pokes so that my Durant can have a nice, easy sweep. For instance, I only need to get 252 / 252 Bold Blastoise down to 75% or so so that a +1 LO X-Scissor can KO. Haze stops BP chains and other pokes who try to set up on Qwilfish. Waterfall is for a basic STAB and so it isn't Taunt fodder.

Rotom-C @ Leftovers

Levitate
Calm 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Volt Switch
-Leaf Storm

Rotom-C is a very underrated wall. WoW and Pain Split are rather effective at walling while being immune to the omnipresent EQ, having great defenses, and still keeping up a strong Special Attack don't hurt. Leaf Storm is to get a strong STAB move on Rotom to hurt the Ground types switching in, expecting a Tbolt or Volt Switch. Volt Switch is so I can get switch advantage if I predict a switch or just to get that much more damage off on a poke if I feel like switching out. The EVs are to wall special attackers so that Qwilfish can wall physical attackers.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs

Blaze
Modest / Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power [Grass]

I'm not too sure what I want to do with this poke. I've tested it with both items and they both work. Sometimes the extra power from Choice Specs came in handy, while other times I needed to outspeed something. Either way, Eruption is there to deal massive damage to things, while Fire Blast is so I can still do something after I take 25% or so damage. Focus Blast is to hit Munchlax and Fire-types. HP Grass is to hit Water-types and the occasional Rock / Ground types. The natures match up with the items like so: Modest Scarf, Timid Specs. They allow me to still be fast and pack a punch.

Blastoise @ Leftovers

Torrent
Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

I originally had a Rotom-H instead of Rotom-C, until I found out Rotom-H is UU. Before I found that out, I used a Blastoise to spin away rocks that plagued my Rotom-H and still plague my Typhlosion. Scald is the obligatory STAB move with the nifty chance of burn, Ice Beam hits Grass-types who resist Scald (and are sometimes immune to Toxic), and Toxic is to wear down opposing Blastoise, or other walls of that nature, such as Cresselia. The EVs are to make me physically bulky so I can beat pokes such as Durant, Entei, and Rhyperior. I'm completely open to suggestions as to what to do with this teamslot.

Tauros @ Life Orb

Sheer Force
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Rock Climb
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

If this team revolves around a Durant sweep, there must be another poke to clean up the remains, or at least break some walls before the sweep. Rock Climb with Sheer Force and LO can 2HKO even the mighty Chansey. Imagine what it'll do to a non-defensive poke like Yanmega. Rock Slide is to hit Flying-types for Super-Effective damage. Earthquake rounds out the coverage hitting the odd Steel type and Rock types. Fire Blast is there mainly to KO Durant, who could live a Rock Slide or two and KO with a STAB X-Scissor or Iron Head.

Durant @ Life Orb

Hustle
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Hone Claws
-Iron Head
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

This. Durant is like sex down in this tier. Hone Claws + Hustle + Life Orb + great Attack, but somewhat trolly speed + great Defense + great defensive typing = win. It only needs one turn of set-up, any Scarfers clear, and any faster pokes shut down (and there are few faster than base 109 Speed in RU). Hone Claws with Hustle is just unfair to the opponent. You might as well give up now. However, if the opponent still has a Blastoise or other very defensively bulky poke still at a high health, things might get messy. But that's where the (Toxic) Spikes come in. Durant makes a great mid-to-late game sweeper, and with a whole team revolving around it, it'll be hard to beat.

That's the RMT. Durant FTW always!!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
in order to make your images work, change your links to this

Code:
[img]insert link here[/img]
so it will be

no seriously, that'll happen if you put the

Looking at your team, it has good the right idea of piling on the hazards to aid Durant's sweep. I also really like your wall breaker/back-up sweeper Tauros. But the team seems like it would really want Stealth Rock support to keep Yanmega and Honchkrow in check. I would suggest Claydol instead of Blastoise:

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam/Toxic
- Earth Power

It brings Stealth Rock which is absolutely vital in this tier while retaining Rapid Spin support. Toxic would be the main attack and STAB Earth Power hits things that can't be Toxic'd. But you have Toxic Spikes already so I suggest Ice Beam to give perfect coverage. Claydol is a fearsome physical tank because it resists the both the common Ground/Rock and Fighting/Rock combos giving Claydol an easy time switching in. It has good synergy with the rest of your team and provides many useful resists, more so than Blastoise.

Qwilfish would probably do better with Taunt instead of Haze, it is overall a more useful move as it still shuts down boosting and Baton Pass while denying status and healing too.

While the scouting provided by Volt Switch is useful, I think you should consider Discharge or Thunderbolt instead on Rotom-C. Its build is bulky so it won't be hitting a switch-in with a powerful Choice locked Volt Switch, it will most likely want to send out a Will-o-Wisp for scouting purposes. Discharge provides a pseudo double status with Will-o-Wisp, and Paralysis is always useful. But it clashes with Toxic Spikes so Thunderbolt is the best option for power and Rotom-C is going to need every bit of it without any SpAtk investment.

Typhlosion is a powerful revenge killer. I would definitely recommend Scarf as it is in a good speed tier to effectively revenge kill the Base 90 and 95 boosting sweepers in the tier. I always like to use Toxic on a Fire type, I'm not sure how often you are using HP [Grass] or how useful it is but you can try Toxic instead if you wish. I have found it is a better attack to spam early game.

Everything else looks good so I hope what I said made some sense and hopefully you will have fun and success with the team!

Looking at your team, it has good the right idea of piling on the hazards to aid Durant's sweep. I also really like your wall breaker/back-up sweeper Tauros. But the team seems like it would really want Stealth Rock support to keep Yanmega and Honchkrow in check. I would suggest Claydol instead of Blastoise:

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam/Toxic
- Earth Power

It brings Stealth Rock which is absolutely vital in this tier while retaining Rapid Spin support. Toxic would be the main attack and STAB Earth Power hits things that can't be Toxic'd. But you have Toxic Spikes already so I suggest Ice Beam to give perfect coverage. Claydol is a fearsome physical tank because it resists the both the common Ground/Rock and Fighting/Rock combos giving Claydol an easy time switching in. It has good synergy with the rest of your team and provides many useful resists, more so than Blastoise.

Qwilfish would probably do better with Taunt instead of Haze, it is overall a more useful move as it still shuts down boosting and Baton Pass while denying status and healing too.

While the scouting provided by Volt Switch is useful, I think you should consider Discharge or Thunderbolt instead on Rotom-C. Its build is bulky so it won't be hitting a switch-in with a powerful Choice locked Volt Switch, it will most likely want to send out a Will-o-Wisp for scouting purposes. Discharge provides a pseudo double status with Will-o-Wisp, and Paralysis is always useful. But it clashes with Toxic Spikes so Thunderbolt is the best option for power and Rotom-C is going to need every bit of it without any SpAtk investment.

Typhlosion is a powerful revenge killer. I would definitely recommend Scarf as it is in a good speed tier to effectively revenge kill the Base 90 and 95 boosting sweepers in the tier. I always like to use Toxic on a Fire type, I'm not sure how often you are using HP [Grass] or how useful it is but you can try Toxic instead if you wish. I have found it is a better attack to spam early game.

Everything else looks good so I hope what I said made some sense and hopefully you will have fun and success with the team!
I liked Volt Switch on Rotom-C so that I could get the switch advantage without giving the opponent a free turn of setup, but I could give Thunderbolt / Discharge a shot.

As for Typhlosion, I agree. Every team needs a Scarfer. And tbh, I haven't used HP Grass all that often, but being Choice locked into a non-attacking move like Toxic kinda makes me ANTsy (see what I did there? Because a Durant could come in for free?).

As for Blastoise, I was looking for a way to incorporate Stealth Rock into this team so I could not get crushed by Speed Boost Yanmega. I think I'll try the Claydol and see how things go.

As for Qwilfish, Taunt doesn't stop pokes from BEING set up. If they only need one turn of setup (like Durant or Klinklang), then my slow Taunt wouldn't do much to them. Haze kind of forces them to attack me anyways, because what good is a setup sweeper if you can't set up? They'll want to just kill me and move on.

On your Tauros, I would suggest replacing Rock Climb with another move, because the accuracy can fool you sometimes.
I personally would replace it with Strength, Return/Frustration, or even Facade or Retaliate. Although I would understand your reasoning if you decide to keep it, since extra power is always nice.
I don't understand why you have Fire Blast on it when you already have Typhlosion. Care to explain?

On your Tauros, I would suggest replacing Rock Climb with another move, because the accuracy can fool you sometimes.
I personally would replace it with Strength, Return/Frustration, or even Facade or Retaliate. Although I would understand your reasoning if you decide to keep it, since extra power is always nice.
I don't understand why you have Fire Blast on it when you already have Typhlosion. Care to explain?
I like Rock Climb for the pure power that it provides (along with the Sheer Force getting rid of Life Orb recoil and adding power).

I have Fire Blast because most people don't expect it and leave their Durant in on my Tauros. Also, the opponent could predict my switch to Typhlosion and go for the Rock Slide. And, if not Fire Blast, what move should I use instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)