Tournament RU World Cup - Signups (read post #176 and #200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And I think thats it, thanks a lot for signing up so fast so we can this started as soon as possible! All right we that being said lets give a roll with the teams that are gonna be in!

The teams are as followed!

US EAST. Captain: -Tsunami- Previously a RULT and really hyped and helped with the organization of this. Deserved tbh.

US WEST. Captain: Ajna Excellent performance in Snake and overall one of the best RU players, feels like a good reward

US CENTRAL + CANADA. Captain: EviGaro Lead the Mismagius to a win on past RUPL so I believe this is a good choice to lead a team once again.

UK. Captain: The Leprechaun One of RU figures that really supported this tour and supported and believe he can lead this team to a good result.

EUROPE. Captain: Kushalos The CHEF have a ton of experience playing big tours so having played with believe he can be a good leader.

GERMANY (with some Swiss and Austrians can apply for this and even Belgium). Captain: mind gaming He may be unknown for the RU scene but he sent a draft plan and demonstrated a ton of enthusiasm for this so I believe it is fair to give this boy and his team a chance.

FRANCE. Captain: Pepeduce From the signups they seemed to me like the one truly interested in captaining so... lets see where this lead us! Go for it champ, show your best.

BRAZIL. Captain: GustavoYAY Showed interested and has shown true commitment to the RU community so gotta reward that loyalty.

LATINAMERICA. Captain: Feliburn Showed interest in leading the boat since the very first moment this idea popped up, has tournament experience and managed some tours so this team is in good hands.

ASIA + REST OF WORLD (includes Bangladesh, Oceania and other countries around). Captain: Arifeen Prestigious TL interested in leading Asia or Bangladesh but not enough people so Im giving you the chance to draft from a bigger pool, you wont regret it bud.

And thats it. Pointers regarding your self draft.

1. 11 to 15 players can be drafted. Why? Simple. With SPL close by there will obviously be a lack of interest so I will teams to draft some backup in order to not compromise the tour itself, it is important to keep this going to understand if it is plausible to host another one in the future. Is like Im asking peeps to help out if possible.
  2. People that dont make out a team can opt to get on their second eligibility if applicable.
  3. Not against 300 people being on a server supporting a team or helping or whatever but the 15 you sent are the 15 that can play and be subbed out. Will not hesitate in provide activity losses if someone not listed is playing.
  4. Just to confirm, Captains will do a draft of people they want on a team. You have a good amount to choose from to choose comfortably.
  5. Send the list of players to me through a PM or post them in here to confirm the teams.
  6. Rounds will be 1 week but if you manage to end the round earlier the next round can be posted to save some time.
And I think thats it. Announce the teams all you want and generate some hype, all you need to do, just make sure to follow the steps and we gucci.

Well, guess it is time. Week 1 will be posted as soon as all teams are gathered. Administrative decisions thread going up soon!

HAPPY PLAYING!

Last edited:
GERMANY (with some Swiss and Austrians can apply for this and even Belgium). Captain: CBprincess He may be unknown for the RU scene but he sent a draft plan and demonstrated a ton of enthusiasm for this so I believe it is fair to give this boy and his team a chance.
I know it's unusual but I am still a girl =)
Someone else will manage this team because I don't have much time for this.

There aren't any belgian players in our squad.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know it's unusual but I am still a girl =)
Someone else will manage this team because I don't have much time for this.

There aren't any belgian players in our squad.
I see, my apologies. Should have made sure. Yeah I saw recently that mind gaming will be leading the boat. Best of luck on future endeavors.

Can't we Have PPDC as a captain for team France ? He is a really good and known player on smogon scene, where cielbakasan is just a 15yo kid with no skills...
I was totally unaware of this situation regarding ciel but while not seeing Pepeduce as an option for captaincy (was an honest overlook mind you, sorry for that) I thinking giving him an opportunity wouldnt be that bad... mmm, PM the details and lets analyze the situation. Ill like to intervene with done decisions but I have to I will.

Keep me posted for whatever else is needed.

MrAldo

Hey
Well, today has been quite an eventful day regarding the decision with the french Cap. Boy, I almost suited up for this. After an intense conversation on the french discord server itself (Im a MAN, always tackle the bull by the horns do not dodge) a decision was reached with community input which is for me the ideal course of action in situation like these

Anyways, the decision is the next:

Sin título555.png

Pepeduce will be given the captaincy of team france and will take the decision of giving Cielbakasan an influential spot on the team or the Co-Cap spot. Will leave the decision to him since they are his people, trust him with the best course of action.

Boy, not even week 1 and the tour already have some drama (unintentional btw, this was by no means planned). This is gonna be great.

Will be posted on Administrative decisions thread for confirmation.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
the chef needs me i was coerced into doing this

Name: Pearl Δ
Tiers Played: AOAA (Alomomola on Alomomola Action)
Primary Eligibility: Poor-to-Gyal (Europe)
Secondary Eligibility: I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN [REDACTED]
Interested in Captaincy?: the chef requires my assistance
Significant Time Missed: might not be the most active chat presence from time to time but i'll always find time for my games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)