Tournament RUgged Mountain: Reboot

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

After being closed for renovations for years, RUgged Mountain is finally back up and running, and ready to take new challengers once again!

RUgged Mountain is a treacherous hike filled with some of the strongest competitors in the RU tier. To get through this hike alive, each challenger is going to have to pass through seven gates and challenge a trainer at the game, the *GATE GUARDIAN* in a set order without losing (note that the first and second trainers will be rotated every week to stop either of them from being overwhelmed with challengers, any time this happens i'll post in the thread so that everyone knows it happened). If a challenger successfully beats all seven gate guardians, they'll reach the top of RUgged Mountain and be titled king of the hill.

HOWEVER, just because you've been titled king of the hill doesn't mean you're safe! If another challenger successfully makes it through all 7 gate guardians, they have the right to challenge the king of the hill to a best of 3 set for the title, with a twist...

Matches between a challenger and a king will be multigenerational between every generation of RU thus far, from BW to SS. The challenger will ban a generation they don't want to play in at the start of the set, and the rest of the best of 3 will be played among the remaining generations.

The challenger that remains king of the hill for the longest will be rewarded with a one month custom role in the RU Discord and/or a one month long roomvoice in the RU room on Pokemon Showdown! I also highly suggest challengers use one of these two places for matchmaking

Lastly Mavis Will be streaming RUgged Mountain matches on her Twitch Channel!

Without further ado, the gate guardians each challenger will have to challenge over this journey are below, Trainers must be challenged in order from top to bottom, bar rotations.

Mac3 "Slow and Steady wins the race"
Record: 22-8
Wins:
Sensei Axew
GW x2
datsplashtho x4
many
SectoniaServant x3
Confide
alternatecurrent
The Amuse x3
pinkdragontamer x3
scald
The Franklin
ForgottenOnes

Losses:
Sensei Axew
datsplashtho
Averardo
Confide
Decem
alternatecurrent
Meru
datsplashtho

Mavis "like, comment, and subscribe"
Record: 9-14
Wins:
Mac3
Heracross2.0
SectoniaServant
lighthouses x3
datsplashtho x2
Decem

Losses:
ImperialGamer517
Averardo
Mac3
Sensei Axew
Umbra Soul
Forsendi
GW
datsplashtho
The Leprechaun
Nat
Elias Psy
Spl4sh
ForgottenOnes
datsplashtho

Expulso “This brat’s tough. Tougher than I can put into words, and I know a lot of words.”
Record: 21-22
Wins:
SenseiAxew x2
The Amuse
Eliaspsy
Squash17
daunt vs x2
the pharoah x3
Nat
atomicllamas x2
explodingdaisy13
xXcrossbowXx
alternatecurrent
Mac3
Eternal Spirit
Confide
ForgottenOnes
datsplashtho

Losses:
ImperialGamer517
Averardo
Mac3
SectoniaServant
Elias Psy
Sensei Axew x2
Gatorboy
Pattek
Heracross 2.0
datsplashtho
lighthouses
GW
Umbra Soul
Forsendi
Yay
Termi
The Leprechaun
Nat
datsplashtho
Decem
Spl4sh

banks "witch bitch"
Record: 6-6
Wins:
Sensei Axew
GW
ImperialGamer517
Nat
Heracross 2.0
Spl4sh

Losses:
Averardo
Mac3
Forsendi
Elias Psy
Sensei Axew
The Leprechaun

ALTERNATIVE FOURTH GATE GUARDIAN TRAINER:

gorex "Victory will never come to those who aren't prepared to face defeat"
Record: 3-4
Wins:
datsplashtho x2
Averardo

Losses:
Nat
datsplashtho
Decem
Spl4sh

1589601017732.png

MrAldo "Great job reaching up to this point. Show me what you are capable of"
Record: 6-7
Wins:
Mac3
Nat
Umbra Soul
Elias Psy x2
Decem

Losses:
Averardo
Mac3
Forsendi
The Leprechaun
Sensei Axew
Spl4sh
datsplashtho

Ajna "i'm retired i swear"
Record: 10-2
Wins:
Averardo
Forsendi x2
The Leprechaun
datsplashtho
Spl4sh x2
Sensei Axew
Umbra Soul x2

Losses:
The Leprechaun
Sensei Axew

EviGaro "hlelo"
Record: 1-1
Wins:
Sensei Axew

Losses:

The Leprechaun

King of the hill:

The Leprechaun "swag"

Previous gate guardians:

Feliburn "ROFL"
Record: 4-4
Wins:
Averardo x2
Mac3
Forsendi

Losses:
Averardo
Forsendi
The Leprechaun

RULES (mostly copypasted from previous thread with some changes)

• All battles against gate guardians will be best of 1, SS RU.
  • Post in the thread when you begin your challenge, post the results of each match in the thread as well.
  • The first and second gate guardians will be rotated weekly to prevent fatigue
  • Matches will be PUBLIC, Replays strongly encouraged.
  • If one loses 3 times in the duration of their challenge, they must start over.
  • One must wait 24 hours before challenging the mountain again if he / she is forced to start over.
  • One must wait 12 hours if they wish to re-challenge a trainer, unless that trainer agrees to play them earlier.
  • The tournament will last for 4 weeks.
  • A guardian of the mountain may challenge the mountain if they wish to do so; they will be allowed to skip their own position.
  • Challenges between guardians will only count for the challenger (as in, if the guardian being challenged defeats the challenging guardian, the guardian being challenged still has to defeat the challenger if they wish to challenge the mountain themselves).
  • Whoever is king of the mountain for the longest amount of time during the duration of the tournament will win.
  • If one defeats the king, they will become the new king.
  • If one loses to the king, they must restart their trek from the beginning.
  • All king challenges will be a bo3 set
  • All king challenges will be multigenerational, with the challenger banning the RU generation they don't want to play on before the set starts.
  • Winner will acquire a one month custom role in the RU discord and/or one month of roomvoice in the RU room.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If you want to start your climb, I will try to be in the RU PS room approximately 1-3 PM GMT-4 every day, and will take challenges for that time window.

It will probably only be for that time window, though, because i don't want to do this all day every day lol.

If you are asleep then due to your timezone, @ me on Discord saying you are unavailable during my scheduled time and we can work something out. My discord is Expulso#7025, easier to just mention me in the RU Discord than to PM me though because I don't want my PMs to get flooded.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When you post in the thread i'd prefer that you use this format to show your record vs everyone as you go along, as it makes it easier for me when i update the thread.

When i switch Mavis and Expulso later on, switch accordingly.

0-0 Vs Expulso
0-0 Vs Mavis
0-0 Vs banks
0-0 Vs MrAldo
0-0 Vs Feliburn
0-0 Vs Ajna
0-0 Vs EviGaro

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Sensei Axew comes across RUgged Mountain and sees the challenge, while initially confused:
axewlol.png

Sensei Axew decides to try his hand as the first challenger of this round of RUgged Mountain

...and promptly loses the first match to Expulso, underestimating Expulso's delectable dessert Pokemon, Sensei allowed it to set up Belly Drum, not once, but twice, putting him in a prime position to lose the first match.

Let Sensei Axew be an example to all of you, this challenge is no joke, all of the gate guardians are ready to crush stones and break bones, and they have the brains to match their brawn as well.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
Sensei Axew decides to try his hand as the first challenger of this round of RUgged Mountain

...and promptly loses the first match to Expulso, underestimating Expulso's delectable dessert Pokemon, Sensei allowed it to set up Belly Drum, not once, but twice, putting him in a prime position to lose the first match.

Let Sensei Axew be an example to all of you, this challenge is no joke, all of the gate guardians are ready to crush stones and break bones, and they have the brains to match their brawn as well.
didn't expulso get assblasted by imperialgamer's slurpuff like the very next game though

Molk

Godlike Usmash
After a crushing defeat against Expulso in the first match of RUgged Mountain, Sensei Axew gets up and tries to trek up the mountain again.

UNFORTUNATELY.

Expulso beat Sensei Axew again, sending him packing for a second time.

Sensei Axew thought that he had Expulso cornered, with his Swords Dance Power Herb Rapidash and Copperajah against Expulso's Rhydon and Duraludon, to Sensei, the match looked as good as done.

"He's obviously going to expect the Solar Blade, so i'll Flare Blitz to catch his switch to Duraludon and win the match!" Thought Sensei, as he clicked Flare Blitz in the face of a full health Rhydon.

"did u really think i wouldn't have solar blade" cried Sensei in agony as Expulso kicked him down the mountain once again, on the way down, Sensei heard a voice from above simply tell him.

"Gg"

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1-0 Expulso (here)
0-1 Mavis (no replay for the loss ;-;)
0-0 banks
0-0 MrAldo
0-0 Feliburn
0-0 Ajna
0-0 EviGaro

Last edited:

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
0-1 Vs Expulso
0-0 Vs Mavis
0-0 Vs banks
0-0 Vs MrAldo
0-0 Vs Feliburn
0-0 Vs Ajna
0-0 Vs EviGaro

Molk

Godlike Usmash
After running through the first 4 gate guardians with ease, Averardo was feeling extremely confident in his ability to become king of the hill, the only 3 trainers he has to face now are Feliburn, Ajna, and Evigaro after all!

Averardo climbed up to the next gate, where he saw Feliburn waiting for him. However, Feliburn was off duty when Averardo first reached his gate, and therefore he had to wait a good 3 or 4 hours before our Sceptile loving guardian would even accept his challenge.

As the match went on, Averardo had to go to his Indeedee, which for some reason didn't summon the Psychic Terrain that he wanted so much when he sent it in. This crucial mistake in teambuilding costed him his match against Feliburn, and while he's not kicked off the mountain yet, he only has two more shots to get through the last 3 gate guardians, lest he get sent plummeting down from this great height.

Will Averardo be able to win in the runback, or will Feliburn prove to be the an immovable obstacle to the player that's gotten the furthest so far?

Expulso

is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I will not be taking challenges Sunday, since I want to wait for the result of the council vote on Inteleon and Slurpuff.

I will be available in PS! room Monday 1-3 PM GMT-4 for anyone who wishes to start their journey (or anyone who lost and wants to rematch: you are only out once you lose three times! new challengers will be prioritized, though).

The Houndoom brings back memories, I missed you Molk :') hopefully I start this on Monday against Expulso
0-0 Vs Expulso
0-0 Vs Mavis
0-0 Vs banks
0-0 Vs MrAldo
0-0 Vs Feliburn
0-0 Vs Ajna
0-0 Vs EviGaro

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Recovering from his previous defeat, Averardo sets back out on the mountain path to have his rematch with gate guardian Feliburn. Ave thought he was prepared this time, but Feliburn, in two words, took him by surprise.

"ok boomer"

Feliburn's Rillaboom absolutely dismantled two of Averardo's Pokemon effortlessly, and soon enough it was clear who the winner was going to be, with Ave being knocked down to two pokemon while Feliburn hadn't lost a single one yet! Knowing this, Averardo prematurely forfeited the match and went back to training.

Averardo has one more attempt to default the mighty gate guardian Feliburn, will he be able to pull through and pass through? Or will he get knocked back down the mountain and have to start this treacherous journey from the beginning?

Expulso

I am on PS! accepting challenges for the next two hours; you can find me in the RU room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)