Tournaments Saber — RBY STABmons Tournament (Won by Volk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Saber I Banner.png

Art by Gastlies.

Howdy everyone! Welcome to the first edition of Saber, an RBY STABmons Tournament. This is an annual (hopefully) tournament designed to keep the RBY STABmons meta alive and push it forward. This is an open tournament, so everyone is welcome to participate.

Tournament Rules:
  • Matches will be best-of-three in every round (defined as the first player to win two games; ties are not counted).
  • All tournament games must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, and all replays of all tournament games must be posted.
  • The matches will be played in the [Gen 1] Custom Game format. I recommend using the following Challenge Command to prevent cheating:
/chall [user], gen1ou @@@ stabmons move legality, *bind, *clamp, *hypnosis, *lovelykiss, *sing, *spore, *wrap
  • This tournament will be single elimination, meaning that a win advances a player to the next round and a loss means a player is out of the tournament.
  • Each round will last at most one week, barring extensions.
  • RBY STABmons rules/clauses can be found here.
  • All standard Smogon tournament rules apply, and can be found here.
Post "in" to sign up. Signups will be open for a little over one week, closing on July 30th, 2023, at 11:59 pm UTC -4 (or when I wake up the following morning and post the Round 1 matchups). Good luck everyone!

Attachments

Last edited:

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Round 1

We had 22 Signups, so we will be using a 32-person bracket. This is a single elimination tournament. Reminder that each match is best-of-three. Replays are required.

However, due to the small size of the tournament, I included a consolation bracket as well. If you have lost only once, you may be assigned an opponent in the consolation bracket. These games are by no means compulsory though; if you don't want to play them, you don't have to. Just give your opponent the win or say you aren't interested in playing.

Round 1 Matchups

Main Bracket

CrapAtRBY vs. TheLoyalBandito
AM
vs. shadowtime2000
Tranquility vs. The Dragon Master
SOM/05 vs. TrainerPla
Gastlies
vs. SOMALIA
YBW vs. Tree69420
Acetylaldehyde vs. Bye 1
Gangsta Spongebob vs. Bye 2
Volk vs. Bye 3
Codename C.A.T vs. Bye 4
Mr.Bossaru vs. NotVeryCake
KaenSoul vs. emma
Liquidocelot
vs. Mikon
bharathraj240 vs. Bye 8
Enigami vs. Bye 9
Ctown6 vs. Bye 10

Full Bracket

With 10 Byes, we still have plenty of room for Subs if anyone else is still interested in joining.

Substitute Deadline: Wednesday, August 2nd at 11:59 pm UTC -5

Match Deadline: Sunday, August 6th at 11:59 pm UTC -5

Best of luck to all participants!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)