Resource Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
approved by blarajan (he sucks btw)
anyone who can come up with a better name for this thread gets a k-on gif :D

Okay so I'm horrible at making threads, so I'm just gonna get to the point. LC isn't the most popular metagame for some reason, and one of the biggest reasons as to why its not is because its actually REALLY difficult to make a team for it. you cant just look at a threatlist and then slap on your standard 4/252/252 evs for a pokemon because lc evs are dumb, and honestly until you get into the meta, you will not understand whats a good stat and all that stuff.

so to help people get into little cup this is going to be like a repository of decent->good LC teams made by people who actually do play this game on a daily basis. some of the teams are better than others, and all of them will probably need some kind of work for it to be the best team it can be, but these teams are available for anyone to use if they are struggling making a team. i know we have the rmt section for this, but honestly most rmts are just for showing off this is for actually helping people lol.

if you are going to post a team, please give a small description of the team like what it does, and what its weak too. mostly cause i dont want to write them when im not going to test the team, just make sure it loosk good on theorymon lol. PLEASE POST A PASTEBIN OTHERWISE MY LIFE IS MORE DIFFICULT

previous rounds
sneasel kept knocking off my berry juice and i died :(
rip tangela and yanma, we didnt like you anyway
gligar and swirlix, we wanted you ded, and now youre ded.
RIP IN PIECE BERD. also i like tits.
missy went rip. again.

Last edited:

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

http://pastebin.com/m8FmxUip

This is a quick balanced sun team, and is able to function for both the Missy era and post-Missy era.
The offensive core consists of a sun setter and a sun abuser. Vulpix sets up the sun with Drought, allowing it to hit very hard with its STAB Fire-type attacks; Fire Blast is used when raw power is necessary, whereas Flamethrower provides a more reliable alternative. Energy Ball is for coverage, hitting certain Rock- and Water-types, while Will-O-Wisp cripples most other switch-ins, such as Archen and Porygon. Heat Rock is used to extend the duration of the sun, boosting both Vulpix and Bellsprout's offensive prowess. Drought also turns Bellsprout into a potent offensive threat for a few turns, doubling its speed thanks to Chlorophyll and allowing it to hit hard with STAB Solarbeam and effectively utilizes Weather Ball, which is a 100, or rather 150 base power Fire-type move under the sun. Sludge Bomb provides coverage to hit Fire-types neutrally, and carries a handy poison chance which gives Bellsprout the opportunity to break through Pokemon it otherwise could not, such as Ponyta and Vullaby, while Sleep Powder is able to cripple at least one of a handful of Pokemon that could otherwise switch into and defeat Bellsprout. Eviolite allows Bellsprout to take weaker neutral attacks, giving it more opportunities to enter play.
The defensive core is Poryspritz. Spritzee covers Porygon's only weakness, Fighting; both are extremely statistically bulky, allowing them to absorb most neutral attacks with ease, while possessing decent, although not particular noteworthy, offensive presence, due to their fairly powerful STAB moves. The two, when paired together, are able to shut down an enormous portion of the metagame due to how difficult it is to break through either. Porygon is able to further cripple the opposing team through Thunder Wave, while Spritzee supports its own team through fairly large Wishes. Wish + Protect functions as pseudo-reliable self-recovery for Spritzee, while Porygon keeps itself healthy through Recover. Porygon runs Shadow Ball to hit Ghost-types, such as Misdreavus and Gastly, which would otherwise completely wall it. Spritzee is able to take advantage of its good physical bulk to act as a good win condition to back up Bellsprout against certain teams through Calm Mind, although if a Spritzee sweep is to be attempted, Eviolite should usually be maintained, or else Spritzee will become much easier to break through physically.
Timburr patches up a few holes in the team by providing a check to Pawniard, Omanyte, and Tirtouga, and absorbing status. Drain Punch is used as a reliable STAB move that also provides a bit of recovery, while Knock Off has decent coverage alongside Drain Punch and can cripple switch-ins. Mach Punch is the team's only form of priority, which is useful for picking off severely weakened threats. Bulk Up turns Timburr into yet another win condition for the team, meaning there is some leeway in deciding which Pokemon's sweep should be played toward for each match. With Timburr's addition, though, the team is left vulnerable to Flying-types, such as Fletchling, and hazard stackers, such as Dwebble. Archen is able to handle both of these, hitting Flying-types hard with its Rock-type STAB, and clearing away any hazards that have accumulated with Defog. Rock Tomb is the Rock-type STAB move of choice in this case because it renders certain possible switch-ins to Archen, such as Chinchou and Drilbur, significantly easier to handle, thus easing prediction, while still OHKOing standard Fletchling. Thanks to Archen's sky-high Attack stat, Acrobatics is able to deal heavy damage to most Pokemon that don't resist the move after Berry Juice has been used up, whereas Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Archen's STABs.

~Corporal Levi

http://pastebin.com/2931Qd8n

This is a HO team that relies on hazards to help Carvanha work as a great late game cleaner and the other Pokémon help it out by taking Pokémon that may stop it from sweeping. The basis behind the team is to put entry hazards using Dwebble to help out Carvanha. Abra is there to revenge kill some potential threats thanks to its Focus Sash, Timburr is to deal with some annoying bulky Normal-types and support the team with Knock Off (You can run Mienfoo if you want with Taunt to stop some Pokémon from defogging), Archen is to threaten Grass- and Flying-types as well as Chinchou, it's the offensive set which is really underrated and hits really hard with its wide coverage moves and it also supports with Knock Off (You can run Fletchling instead if you want), Carvanha is the MVP that works as a late game cleaner thanks to its teammates support and Gastly is to spin block (not the best out there tho) and deals with annoying Fairy-types which may be a pain to deal with otherwise.

~Yagura

http://pastebin.com/hhwjqzNi

This is a balanced team in which Tirtouga basically sets Rocks, burns something and works pretty well in a defensive core with Spritzee (Wish Passer). Diglett can trap annoying things like magnemite, Chinchou (if well predicted), Trubbish and many more. Croagunk and Fletchling are the main sweepers. The second is very good in the Late Game after set-upping with Swords Dance thanks to Diglett's Memento. Staryu is the spinner to allow the entrance of Fletching without losing HP and of Diglett in order not to waste its Focus Sash.

~Tricking

http://pastebin.com/nbR3EjnL

The basic idea here is to force a lot of switches with Mienfoo/Magnemite/Archen to take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed to wear the opposing team down, while Gastly breaks through walls that the rest of the team cannot.
Mienfoo is a very effective Pokemon in the current metagame; on this team, I use it as a defensive pivot to absorb a variety of weaker hits for the rest of the team and easily heal them off with Regenerator. While Mienfoo is in, it can utilize Knock Off to cripple a variety of switch-ins; however, its most spammable move is probably U-Turn because of the momentum it provides, in addition to synergizing well with Regenerator. Drain Punch is just as a STAB move that provides Mienfoo with even more sustainability. Fake Out isn't a very good move on Mienfoo because it just lets opposing Pokemon switch in for free, but it does provide a bit of chip damage; however, a coverage move like Stone Edge or Acrobatics would probably be a much better option.
Magnemite acts as the team's safety net in addition to being great for gaining momentum with Volt Switch; a combination of Sturdy and Berry Juice means that Magnemite is able to survive two moves that would normally OHKO or 2HKO if its Berry Juice is intact and it is at full health, unless it is hit by Knock Off or Thief. With Endure, it can take advantage of Sturdy even with hazards on the field, and Recycle allows it to do so repeatedly, although Knock Off will hamper Magnemite greatly. Flash Cannon is another STAB move for when Magnemite doesn't want to switch out.
Even with Endure, Magnemite still appreciates hazard removal support, in part because Endure predictions can be risky; Archen is able to provide Defog support while still having good offensive presence. Acrobatics heavily damages opposing Pokemon once Berry Juice has been popped, while Rock Tomb temporarily cripples a variety of offensive switch-ins; Earthquake provides excellent neutral coverage with both moves, and most notably hits Pawniard hard, who would otherwise be tempted to switch into Defog to nab a Defiant boost.
Ferroseed acts as a useful check to a number of offensive threats thanks to its great typing and statistical bulk; it also sets up hazards for the rest of the team to abuse. Although this may seem to contradict with Defog Archen, Ferroseed usually has the bulk to set up hazards repeatedly throughout the match; with that being said, it can be difficult to maintain more than one layer of hazards with Defog, so Spikes could probably be replaced by another move like Thunder Wave or Protect. Leech Seed provides Ferroseed with a small amount of recovery, and Bullet Seed ensures that Ferroseed isn't complete set-up fodder. Due to the damage rolls in LC, Bullet Seed actually outdamages Seed Bomb on average.
Life Orb Gastly is one of the most potent wallbreakers available, easily 2HKOing all but the bulkiest of special walls. Sludge Bomb is Gastly's most powerful attack (Sludge Wave is illegal on level 5 Gastly), while Shadow Ball has excellent neutral coverage. Hidden Power Fighting is almost entirely for Pawniard, and works well in conjunction with Substitute to bypass Sucker Punch; Substitute additionally blocks predicted status moves so Gastly can get another attack off for free.
Snubbull is here to check Fighting-types in addition to providing some team support. Play Rough is its obligatory STAB move, and has great neutral coverage with Earthquake. Thunder Wave cripples faster Pokemon so it's easier for the rest of the team, especially Gastly, to muscle through them later on. Heal Bell is self-explanatory; Gastly and Archen are severely hampered by paralysis, and Magnemite, Archen and Mienfoo will not appreciate being burnt at all.
This team has a fair amount of trouble against Ponyta, Chinchou, Croagunk and Drilbur among other Pokemon; it could also probably afford to run a dedicated cleaner to better take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed and the overall offensive nature of the team.

~Corporal Levi

Last edited:
The reason we are not posting our best teams in this thread or something along those lines is because this is for instructional purposes. By providing decent and good teams, we allow the newer player to learn the tier while playing with a relatively solid team. However, the player can identify the threats to the team based on their experiences and edit accordingly. It gives you a team or teams to start playing the tier and a way of improving when you realize what is doing the most harm to your team. We hope that this thread helps you if you needed assistance before playing. Thank you to everyone that contributed a team and thank you to everyone that contributes one in the future.

Replies to this thread should only be with new teams, or with players asking questions about the teams they're using.

Thank you.

http://puu.sh/5hWZC/d7cf26cf5f.txt

pokebank

I stole this team from prem, changed some stuff and then it worked really well. Ferroseed/Vullaby/Growlithe is a phenomenal defensive core, only being troubled by things such as Amaura and Swirlix using surf (i know a lot of swirlix use surf but this team was built when everyone ran sub cm) The offensive trio of Yanma, Sneasel and Meditite rounds the team off, and with amazing offensive synergy these mons can dish out some heavy damage. With 3 mons taking 25%, and one mon taking 50% from Stealth Rocks, you have to be really careful with Vullaby.

http://puu.sh/5hXmW/a122ffa077.txt

pokebank

This team is a co-op build of apt-get and me.

We originally intended to make a volt-turn team, but this is the result. Vullaby, Snubbull and Chinchou can take some hits, while the latter can also dish them out with good coverage and a strong STAB Hydro Pump. Scarf Sneasel is there to ease Swirlix problems. Honedge deals with Meditite and gives us a bulky setup mon, and finally we have Mantyke, probably the MVP of the team. In Rain it outspeeds nearly everything, and a boosted Hydro pump hurts everything that doesn't resist it. Air Slash for secondary STAB, Surf for filler/more reliable alternative to Hydro Pump.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I won't put my whole team up, but Espurr can function as a great way to get whatever offensive Pokemon you want in.

Espurr @ Light Clay
Infiltrator
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Bug (It can't learn Signal Beam)
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe

After screens are up, I like to switch into Swirlix.

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Unburden
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt
- Psychic
EVs: 40 HP / 68 Def / 204 SpA / 72 SpD / 124 Spe

Flamethrower hits Steels super effectively, while Thunderbolt is super effective on Fletchling, who likes to switch into it. I prefer Flamethrower. Psychic hits Poisons, and Surf hits Fire types, while Dazzling Gleam provides a potent STAB attack.

Last edited:
Having decent success with this team (paste).

It's pretty whorey (Tangela *and* Sneasel, Eviolites all around), but the "whores" allowed me to test a few things: Sticky Web is OP and is easier than people think to set up (also, after a Rain Dance, Surskit is surprisingly good). Inkay is n'kay I guess, but it really needs the Sticky Web. Same goes for Honedge.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

http://pastebin.com/f3aLcFM4

This is my first attempt at making a weather-based team in generation 6. It's not perfect and could probably be improved a lot. The basic idea is that Vulpix sets up the sun. Fire Blast in the sun is actually pretty strong, and with sub+coverage it can lure water-types and Gligar well. Gligar, Helioptile and Larvesta form a Volt-Turn core. Gligar has Defog to help my fire types. Helioptile is really powerful under sun thanks to Solar Power and a scarf set is pretty decent. Larvesta his Morning Sun and Flare Blitz buffed by the sun. He also carries Sunny Day just in case Vulpix dies. Tangela is obviously a great sweeper under sun with Life Orb. Meditite is there just to patch up the holes, checking things like Swirlix with Bullet Punch and checking Carvanha, Snover, Amaura who are obviously troublesome for this team.

edit: Swirlix really fucks this team up. I just changed Tangela's nature to Timid so it outspeeds unburden Swirlix in sun and it OHKOs with Solarbeam.

Last edited:
Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame or something. k-on pls

So I've been messing with prem's Bronzor team because it seemed the most balanced, and I have no idea how to use Bronzor. Things that I thought I should switch on like Gligar one-shot it with Knock off, too trippy. I swapped it for a Larvesta(Ponyta, Growlithe?) because I wanted a fairy resist that could hit Cotton Candy physically. The way I was dealing with Swirlix was getting Murkrow in on a CM before Berry Juice... The team felt a little slow, so I gave Snover a Scarf, he seemed to get forced out for being slower the most. It seems to work, Ice Shard saved it from a Fletchling sweep. and what am i supposed to do to set up Scraggy? I switched Iron Head over Ice Punch because i thought Scarf Snover and Snubbull were enough to take Gligar, and he just gets forced out by the fairy hype. It also seems like a fair amount of mons on a team can force him out at +1, things not weak to his moves, because he's not strong enough. Berry Juice and HJK maybe? And is there a reason to use Crunch over Knock off?

prem

failed abortion
Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame or something. k-on pls

So I've been messing with prem's Bronzor team because it seemed the most balanced, and I have no idea how to use Bronzor. Things that I thought I should switch on like Gligar one-shot it with Knock off, too trippy. I swapped it for a Larvesta(Ponyta, Growlithe?) because I wanted a fairy resist that could hit Cotton Candy physically. The way I was dealing with Swirlix was getting Murkrow in on a CM before Berry Juice... The team felt a little slow, so I gave Snover a Scarf, he seemed to get forced out for being slower the most. It seems to work, Ice Shard saved it from a Fletchling sweep. and what am i supposed to do to set up Scraggy? I switched Iron Head over Ice Punch because i thought Scarf Snover and Snubbull were enough to take Gligar, and he just gets forced out by the fairy hype. It also seems like a fair amount of mons on a team can force him out at +1, things not weak to his moves, because he's not strong enough. Berry Juice and HJK maybe? And is there a reason to use Crunch over Knock off?
yeah the thing about dd scraggy now is that you have to be very conservative with its dragon dance. its mostly just a bulkyish pivot who has great coverage and doesnt die way too fast cause of drain punch. i used to run berry juice hjk, but honestly it gets ohkoed by sneasel brick break so i took that out of the idea. also yeah crunch is worse than knock off that was just me being bad and copying the set from a gen 5 team lol

As someone who's never even considered playing LC before I wanna say these teams look pretty cool. I think I'll give this tier a go.

I'm not liking the look of Gligar though. From playing UU I know that mon is a shit even if your guys are all grown up.
Gligar is shit? Its attack is decent, has fantastic physical bulk, Flying Gem Acrobatics wrecks, and hits the magic speed number.
And I like how it looks, Gliscor is boss.

prem

failed abortion
Gligar is shit? Its attack is decent, has fantastic physical bulk, Flying Gem Acrobatics wrecks, and hits the magic speed number.
And I like how it looks, Gliscor is boss.
he means gligar is a shit as in annoying as hell to deal with and a pita

also lovelace ilu it makes me feel like this idea is working

Last edited:

Pokebank
http://pastebin.com/WjYxvSgN

This team is built to make it as easy as possible to switch into Sneasel/Gligar/Meditite/Swirlix (thanks to an all-Kanto core), which I figured might be good for new players. Sneasel can be handled by Growlithe, Gligar by Porygon and Slowpoke, Meditite by Slowpoke and Growlithe, and Swirlix by Grimer. Drilbur provides Rocks and Rapid Spin, and Yanma is there to revenge kill/clean up. Not the best team, but I think it's both fun and easy to use. I was trying to avoid using the most common pokes, but Gligar with Defog/SR would be a good substitute for Drilbur.

This is a fantastic thread. I've always had at least a general understanding of LC (I know how damage rolls are almost always low, EVs are almost never max/max, Eviolite/Life Orb/Choice Scarf/(now) Berry Juice are for the most part the only viable items), but building for XY LC has been a massive pain for me because on top of all the new Pokemon, a lot of scary stuff got unbanned. It's really overwhelming because even though general strategies from BW LC are mostly the same, new offensive threats are rising up while new defensive threats are doing the same in order to keep them in check. Fuck Tangela, by the way.

Right now, I'm using a slightly modified version of prem's Recycle Bronzor team (I owned tennisace and Raseri in DPP LC with Recycle Bronzor, so it kind of called to me), and it's really fun. Mainly, I've been toying around with Thunder Wave on Snubbull and Knock Off on Scraggy, and the gist of the team is the same. It's almost bulky offense to me; even the weaker attackers on the team—primarily Bronzor, to an extent Snubbull—have a way of making up for that with Calm Mind in Bronzor's case and high Base Power attacks with fantastic coverage in Snubbull's case. I love having a check to everything, and while this team isn't quite to that point, it's probably about as close as you can get.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was looking through some of the teams in this thread and Splashyship's team jumped out to me- does anybody know why he's using Scarf Vulpix without any actual Sun abusers on his team? Also his Pastebin link only has "Hidden Power" on Tangela. I assume he means Hidden Power Fire.

I was looking through some of the teams in this thread and Splashyship's team jumped out to me- does anybody know why he's using Scarf Vulpix without any actual Sun abusers on his team? Also his Pastebin link only has "Hidden Power" on Tangela. I assume he means Hidden Power Fire.
I've asked him that same thing when he first put up the team in the link. I remember him saying it was just for the wall breaking power it can carry or something along those lines. Also he probably meant when he said hidden power its up to preference as hp ice is usable as well.

Sun-boosted STAB Fire Blast is incredibly strong. slap on a scarf and you've got a pretty good revenge killer/wallbreaker. It's super frail, SR weak and it lacks coverage, though.

prem

failed abortion
you really dont need anything more than fire coverage in lc. when i use houndour all i really have to do is press fire blast its not like people are using bulky waters and the only time this plan fails is when the opponent has a ponyta

prem

failed abortion
so like im just going to wipe the previous teams and then ill make a pirate pad later when the new meta settles more.... find it on irc or ps room when i make it cause yeah

Well, in regular LC I've gotten to 34-11 with this team and an 1867 ACRE and I by no means consider myself THAT good of a player. This is my first time posting my team and I'll probably not do it that well, so I apologize. Without further ado, here is the team

http://pastebin.com/HPLH9PfV

The goal of this game is to lead with Drifloon (or gligar if you strongly suspect you NEED to taunt), and use hypnosis if they don't have priority and can crush you or acro/shadow ball if they aren't going to one shot you, or if they're a slow, very powerful threat destiny bond them. He is essentially your suicide lead and will be used as such.

The ace in the hole on this team is BD swirlix. Now, BD swirlix has some weaknesses, namely ferroseed, tangela, aron, and magnemite among pokemon that have a decent appearance rate in LC. the issue is that all of them has some fear of CM Swirlix. I've found it extraordinarily easy against most players to when drifloon goes down, if the opposing pokemon can not 1 shot swirlix, to BD swirlix and then go to town. 22/13/13 defenses and fairy typing give it the ability to survive one shot from a good majority of LC pokemon and that's all you need to get your speed up to 28 after unburden. Remember, if swirlix is already faster than his opponent, then he will use BD and be at full health immediately afterwards, having to tank one hit of the opponent, if Swirlix is slower at this point, then if not one shot but damage is done over 50%, he will be at 50% health after BD due to berry juice, if damage is LESS than half health, then it's full health going into the sweep. Now, you have a 28 speed, (due to unburden) which makes you outspeed even the naughty choice scarf murkrow from gen 5, and 60 power creature who with play rough, thief, and return one shots a VERY considerable portion of the meta, with those that are most prominent being listed. Note to only use thief on pokemon that it will one shot, such as gastly and honedge, because stealing an item will end your unburden. Play rough and return give you 1 shot coverage of the majority of the metagame, leading to much rage in opponents.

shell smash dwebble is here as a secondary sweeper that can handle multiple threats, with shell smash, and two sturdy procs due to berry juice, (DO NOT INVEST HP into him, you do NOT want above 21 HP), unless his opponent has multi hit moves, he WILL survive with full health after 1 shot to boost to 34 attack and 30 speed, a substantial amount that enables him to be the lightning bruiser that every hermit crab dreams of being. x scissor, rock blast, and earthquake give very good coverage and dual stabs.

Gligar is on the team due to absolutely phenomenal for LC stats, stab earthquake as part of an edgequake combo, sword dance/roost for your preference, and taunt for situations in which you need to stop a set up/hazard. He is a pretty plug and play pokemon and very straightforward, he's got 18 attack and 23/17/16 (before eviolite) defenses that enable him to have extraordinary survivability/power combination.

Larvesta is chosen again for it's good stats and a move pool that enables him to both be a scout and an attacker in his own right. With Flare blitz and uturn as stabs (and scouting for u turn), wild charge to deal with anticipated water switches, and zen headbutt for a little extra coverage, (you could probably change it, I don't know why I put it on him in retrospect), he is a valuable addition to the team.

Sneasel is quick banned, as I learned, and I will probably switch yanma or meditite into this slot, as they both have merits. Meditite gives you fighting coverage for steel to go along with your dwebble and gligar earthquakes to deal with steel types that make up the majority of the pokemon your swirlix won't 1 shot after a BD, 26 or 28 power depending on nature is just insane and very useful. Yanma on the other hand has speed boost, the air slash flinch hax being on a pokemon that actually will almost always outspeed is nice, bug buzz for good damage, and it's biggest counter in sneasel now quick banned. I'll probably recommend meditite as this team is already quite weak to stealth rock and I dont want to add another 50% SR weak pokemon to the team.

So, I apologize for the wall of text, but I wanted to show my reasoning for the team to a degree, I probably should've focused a little more on counters, but wanted to get this up this century. Thanks for your patience

prem

failed abortion
honestly that was a really nice and well thought out post. you should post more its great posting. the problem is that sneasel got banned so like.... we dont need a sample team for that meta....

Froakie @ Berry Juice
Ability: Protean
Level: 5
EVs: 228 Atk / 92 SDef / 188 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 188 Atk / 84 Def / 236 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

Fennekin
Ability: Magician
EVs: 124 Def / 184 SAtk / 200 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Hypnosis

Bergmite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 Atk / 228 Def / 228 SDef
Impish Nature
IVs: 27 HP
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Fang
- Return

Spinarak @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Megahorn
- Sucker Punch
- Cross Poison

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 212 Atk / 92 SDef / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Cotton Guard

honestly that was a really nice and well thought out post. you should post more its great posting. the problem is that sneasel got banned so like.... we dont need a sample team for that meta....
Thank you, I've updated the team very slightly by putting meditite in officially and putting taunt on gligar. I think that the team will still be solid in the post sneasel world unless the post sneasel world is a hazard based world, hazard teams being the only ones to give me real trouble so far. My thought process for building this team was "what is the scariest pokemon you could run into in an offensive based environment?" and built a team around that concept. Each one of the pokemon on this team is built with the idea that it could take out 3+ members of the opposing team, (even my drifloon has against low level trainers). Swirlix and dwebble have been my most consistent full team sweepers, with larvesta completing a few sweeps against priority users and in cases I've made mistakes. Make no mistake, this team has weaknesses, but I find the pure fear that each of these pokemon strikes into opponents to be justified. outside of meditite, (who's got fake out and priority BP) everyone is 15/16 base speed (or much faster in the case of an unburdened drifloon or shell smashed dwebble or unburden swirlix) so they can outspeed and they can do straight up damage to a lot of the meta. Here's the slightly adjusted team

http://pastebin.com/M6x6HjnR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)