SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Also, this will help slp32 more than most, but it's good for everyone.

You don't need to even see the mon to have access to its habitat data, all you need is access to its number on the dex.

Examples here:

Also, apparently, Arctibax is only found in one specific place. Looks like that hunch of the cave near the northern Team Star base was correct.

This is the only game I've been "hyped" for this year,
oh absolutely. I’m probably going to enjoy it to the level I enjoyed Legends and even tho I enjoyed it a lot my expectations were tempered (as long as it’s a step up from SWSH that’s all I ask honestly)
Honestly don't temper your hype. You only get to feel excited for a new game for a limited amount of time. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

This is the only game I've been "hyped" for this year,

Honestly don't temper your hype. You only get to feel excited for a new game for a limited amount of time. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts.
ur so right bestie!! I’m just cautious of not enjoying but I can’t lie I’m v hyped

Honestly, performance issues aside, I legit feel like this game actually had soul put into it. Especially compared to the non-PLA Gen 8 games which really did feel corporate minus the DLC for SWSH imo. Performance can be fixed. And even though this game still has flaws, I just believe that this is a game worth being hyped for. Not perfect, but still real good and imo a return to a certain quality people want from their Pokemon games. I just hope they continue improving and don't go backwards.

24 hours (well 23 hours 31 minutes) until I sink my entire life into this game!
24 hours to go grab more SwSh ranked ladder ribbons before activity starts to fall off :psycry:.

I really need to inventory who still needs to get it - I was really haphazard when grinding them out since I didn't know how much time I would have. Hopefully there's at least some activity so I can keep grabbing it on the few more that need it :/.

24 hours to go grab more SwSh ranked ladder ribbons before activity starts to fall off :psycry:.

I really need to inventory who still needs to get it - I was really haphazard when grinding them out since I didn't know how much time I would have. Hopefully there's at least some activity so I can keep grabbing it on the few more that need it :/.
I feel you, I only managed to get all of the Gen 8 Pokémon into apriballs, but not the entire SWSH Dex so I’m a bit annoyed so I’ll do this in SV.

get to work!!

Mardi gras is pretty much "Fat Tuesday"; carnival has deep roots of "pre-Lent excesses festivities", and said Tuesday is the day before lent starts. So, yeah, same origin as a popular festivity that arises around a strict lithurgic calendar.

Friggin' catholicism shaping the culture of a good chunk of the world.

View attachment 466249

Reminder that the biggest genocides happened not in Iberoamerica but in Angloamerica, and yet there is a native American eagle for the New York-based region (but at least it wasn't introduced in Galar)

Fuck Colón tho; likely to be a Galician fallen nobleman anyway, due to an ongoing work. PoS went from being a feudal lord of my ancestors, to trying to play king on the Caribbean.
For what it's worth Braviary only really has the Native American influence in appearance; in gameplay it's just "big strong eagle Pokémon." I'm not really qualified to comment on if its design is considered offensive. At the very least paying homage to native cultures shouldn't be considered a bad thing if done respectfully.

Also I realized too late that my comment about a Grass/Fire chili Pokémon being "obvious" might have come off as condescending so if it did, I apologize, Worldie.

Once SV comes out, filling this dex would be a pain starting from scratch :totodiLUL:

Now all I gotta worry about are Gen 9 mons.
I feel that way with the modern era of Pokemon. A lot of rare mons and currencies are tied to online or raids, which are so easy to do when the game is alive, but I am afraid of ever touching these games again 5 years later when its impossible to find any help on live servers.

Mardi gras is pretty much "Fat Tuesday"; carnival has deep roots of "pre-Lent excesses festivities", and said Tuesday is the day before lent starts. So, yeah, same origin as a popular festivity that arises around a strict lithurgic calendar.

Friggin' catholicism shaping the culture of a good chunk of the world.

View attachment 466249

Reminder that the biggest genocides happened not in Iberoamerica but in Angloamerica, and yet there is a native American eagle for the New York-based region (but at least it wasn't introduced in Galar)

Fuck Colón tho; likely to be a Galician fallen nobleman anyway, due to an ongoing work. PoS went from being a feudal lord of my ancestors, to trying to play king on the Caribbean.
Also, just because something is based on a native culture doesn’t mean it’s appropriated. That’s like saying Kalos is appropriated from the French. No. Braviary is BASED ON Native American motifs and concepts, but it does so with reasonable respect paid. Eagle Feathers are awarded for valor, so it is only reasonable for an Eagle who lives and dies by courage to acknowledge this.

Pokémon has generally been good about this, in my mind.

Legends Arceus certainly could have been markedly worse about it, at least

anyway whoooooooo wants to test affection!!!!

A RECAP on the assumption that Affection & Happiness work similar to Gen 8
-Happiness & affection are now rolled into one thing
-Friendship evolutions now proc at 160
-Up to 179 points, no bonus go into effect
-In SWSH, you are locked at 179 until you do something that breaks past it. Camping, Curry and Following Pokemon all did this (despite what bulbapedia says, Following Pokemon absolutely breaks it) as does apparently the EV reset berries. Bulbapedia also claims that it still must use these methods to continue increasing Happiness (following absolutely still does this just btw) since the other methods 0 out but I have doubts.
-In BDSP the lock wasn't there at all, everything all the time increased it.
-Once you breached 180 you would start to see Affection effects. Early onset affection would be messages showing up in battle and shaking pokemon.
-Incidentally Legends Arceus had no affection at all. but we know gen 9 has it so....oh well.

OK so Chansey is in the game so this should be a much easier time to check. Its base friendship is 140, a mere 20 away from Blissey and a hypothetical mere 40 away from the lock (if there is one)

My ideas for testing are as follows:
-The baseline Chansey: just normal usage, probably primarily through level ups. Supposedly exp items didn't give extra happiness in SWSH but we'll ignore that. Once you hit Blissey you should be within earshot. Who knows how far you'll have to go to really confirm, but shouldn't take too long.
-The slightly less baseline Chansey: like above but you're willing to use more items on it. There's lot of little ones like the Berries but can't rule out that other items might now break it too.
-The runner Chansey: Chansey but you just run all around Paldea using Let's Go. Following Pokemon really seemed to just sky rocket affection despite what the data appears to say. Occasionally go into battles to check the messages and probably evolve at some point. This one especially relevant to anyone wanting to use Pawmot since it's evolution method requires Let's Go. Probably also use Let's Go to collect items and stuff
-The picnic Chansey; a Chansey you just let out for picnics, but not feeding anything. Probably best to use one of the baselines as a starting point here. Basically does merely having Chansey out in a Picnic increase friendship and break the affection barrier
-The sandwich Chansey: i mean we can all kind of assume without any insight that making sandwiches probably does increase affection but like, gotta know. for the data.
-The cafeteria Chansey: you can just buy sandwiches so like does eating those also increase affection or is it only the ones you make. Are they made with love?!

It should also give an idea of how quickly these things start increasing.

-The baseline Chansey: just normal usage, probably primarily through level ups. Supposedly exp items didn't give extra happiness in SWSH but we'll ignore that. Once you hit Blissey you should be within earshot. Who knows how far you'll have to go to really confirm, but shouldn't take too long.
Yep, vitamins, Rare Candies, and EXP Candies give no Friendship in SwSh. Well, at least no Friendship beyond what's given by just leveling up to begin with.

Oh no... I completely forgot that was a Ribbon. I was planning to start a ribbon project sometime around Christmas, and this is going to be a NIGHTMARE. :ghorse:

(subtle pun)

Oh no... I completely forgot that was a Ribbon. I was planning to start a ribbon project sometime around Christmas, and this is going to be a NIGHTMARE. :ghorse:

(subtle pun)
I mean, BDSP use the same Battle Tower Ribbon as SwSh and the same Contest Ribbons as ORAS, so it's not unlikely that SV will use the same Online Ribbon as SwSh.

I think I've been sleeping on Gholdengo. Its uninvested bulk is worse than Aegislash, but it gets pretty much everything I wish Aegislash had, including Nasty Plot, Recover, Thunder Wave, and Hex. Top that off with an amazing ability that blocks all Status moves and a better Speed tier, and I think I'll like using it a lot more compared to Aegislash.
252 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Both: 130-154 (49.8 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Abomasnow Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Both: 116-138 (44.4 - 52.8%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
252 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Both: 180-214 (57.1 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Abomasnow Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Both: 170-200 (53.9 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
Its pre-evo, Gimmighoul seems kinda pathetic though, especially in its Roaming Form. Run Away is straight up useless on Ghost-types since they can run away from wild battles without fail already.

Unrelated but I decided to do the math on Meowscarada's signature move Flower Trick, and its average BP, 105, is exactly 1 point stronger than Power Whips average BP (which is 104 factoring accuracy and its ability to crit).

MaahirMomtaz12

I COULD BE BANNED!
I think I've been sleeping on Gholdengo. Its uninvested bulk is worse than Aegislash, but it gets pretty much everything I wish Aegislash had, including Nasty Plot, Recover, Thunder Wave, and Hex. Top that off with an amazing ability that blocks all Status moves and a better Speed tier, and I think I'll like using it a lot more compared to Aegislash.
252 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Both: 130-154 (49.8 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Abomasnow Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Both: 116-138 (44.4 - 52.8%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
252 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Both: 180-214 (57.1 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252 SpA Abomasnow Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Both: 170-200 (53.9 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
Its pre-evo, Gimmighoul seems kinda pathetic though, especially in its Roaming Form. Run Away is straight up useless on Ghost-types since they can run away from wild battles without fail already.

Unrelated but I decided to do the math on Meowscarada's signature move Flower Trick, and its average BP, 105, is exactly 1 point stronger than Power Whips average BP (which is 104 factoring accuracy and its ability to crit).
Power Whip is 120 BP before STAB

I've been working on the same living dex since Gen 6, carried forward. I'm excited to slot some new guys into it!
I started the series in Gen 6 (always was interested, couldn't really play until I got away from my parents). I remember having a hard time finishing the NatDex in X, so I intentionally spent a month+ finishing a living dex.

Didn't find out until ORAS that I forgot Bellossom because I put Azurill in its spot. Damn you cross-gen baby not from gen 2 or 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)