SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I personally haven't been too affected by the glitches so far, but I agree its at a level of unpolished on par with other yearly AAA releases that receive similar complaints and mockery.

It may not be as severe as social media is making it out to be, but in my opinion its an indicator that GF is not capable of increasing the scope of the mainline games while also adhering to TPC's tight turnover cycle. If TPC doesn't ease up on the schedule or focus more resources into the games' development, it's only a matter of time before we get a Halo Infinite or Battlefield 2042 on our hands, which is not good for the fans or the franchise.

Dooming aside, has anyone else managed to get their Chest Gimmighouls to respawn? I've only had it happen one time so far, and I'm worried it might be an "Isle Of Armor Wailord" situation in terms of respawn rates.

Dooming aside, has anyone else managed to get their Chest Gimmighouls to respawn? I've only had it happen one time so far, and I'm worried it might be an "Isle Of Armor Wailord" situation in terms of respawn rates.
I'm really curious about the static encounters too. I thought that the Wiglett and Flamigo in Southern Province Area One were regular encounters, and started to wonder why none of them respawned.

I personally haven't been too affected by the glitches so far, but I agree its at a level of unpolished on par with other yearly AAA releases that receive similar complaints and mockery.

It may not be as severe as social media is making it out to be, but in my opinion its an indicator that GF is not capable of increasing the scope of the mainline games while also adhering to TPC's tight turnover cycle. If TPC doesn't ease up on the schedule or focus more resources into the games' development, it's only a matter of time before we get a Halo Infinite or Battlefield 2042 on our hands, which is not good for the fans or the franchise.

Haven't had one personally, but I'd assume they have to. KO'ing them all and then being SOL for Gholdengo (and Ghimmi) seems like it would be a huge oversight, unless they are in raids (haven't seen one).

Maybe try date skipping via save/game close? It works with other things like the auctions.

So is it just me or did eye lids break on all the Pokemon. No pokemon closes their eyes when they sleep any more. They keep blinking and everything
I found this odd as well, especially when they fall asleep during the picnic, so I’m not sure why it’s not happening during battles??

Also, do we have any auction “mechanics” yet? Or is it just literally bidding and hoping someone drops out? Are the times people drop out fixed or random? I found ONE Lure Ball for 100k which went up to like 250k and I was wondering if there’s like.. an “art” to them or if it’s just.. bring money and hope

So I got Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga with cheats to check how their form changes work. It looks like as soon as you get them in game, their items from gen 4 and PLA appear at the fourth auctioneer. They do not transform when they hold the old orbs, even Giratina. All three of them transform when they hold the new items from PLA. And this is stated in the item descriptions too.

So I got Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga with cheats to check how their form changes work. It looks like as soon as you get them in game, their items from gen 4 and PLA appear at the fourth auctioneer. They do not transform when they hold the old orbs, even Giratina. All three of them transform when they hold the new items from PLA. And this is stated in the item descriptions too.
Do their transformations immediately wear off when the item is unequipped? This is either a significant buff or a significant nerf to Gira-O depending on whether or not they do.

Do their transformations immediately wear off when the item is unequipped? This is either a significant buff or a significant nerf to Gira-O depending on whether or not they do.
I think it was confirmed that it wears off when the item is unequipped so it does indeed look to be a huge nerf to Giratina.

SV's current state does not seem like a great time for one of the only two viable defoggers in Ubers to get nerfed into the ground. Honestly not sure why anyone would ever use any of the Origin forms if they only give small boosts and force you to go itemless, plus Dialga and Palkia are already power crept into oblivion.

Man, having power items at the start of the game is nuts. My starter is already maxed out on EVs at level 28. Great QoL improvement having something so nessisary to competitive play so easily accessible!
To add to this,
It's really nice to equip power items and then just go pokemon catching. Ev reducing berries are rng based but it's easy enough to get them. This game pretty much made it child's play to convert your in game team to competitive.

Just noticed that the backpack shop in Mesagoza is called Bagin’s

Guess the guy moved his family to Spain after squeezing the Hisui protagonist for every penny they had. :psysly:
I legitimately freaked out when I saw that name on my map. I actually thought Bagin would return in S/V and that we would have limited bag space. :psynervous:

So is it just me or did eye lids break on all the Pokemon. No pokemon closes their eyes when they sleep any more. They keep blinking and everything
Slept the Titan Orthworm with Clodsire's Yawn and watching it proceed to sleep with its eyes open was HIGHLY UNSETTLING.

SV's current state does not seem like a great time for one of the only two viable defoggers in Ubers to get nerfed into the ground. Honestly not sure why anyone would ever use any of the Origin forms if they only give small boosts and force you to go itemless, plus Dialga and Palkia are already power crept into oblivion.
At the very least, Giratina being a viable defogger will make me remember to actually run Defog and not just slap HDB on all my Flying-types.

To add to this,
It's really nice to equip power items and then just go pokemon catching. Ev reducing berries are rng based but it's easy enough to get them. This game pretty much made it child's play to convert your in game team to competitive.
I'm kinda disappointed by this. Why isn't there an EV reseter NPC or Reset Sandwich or something to Reset all your EVs easily? Feels kinda like a waste, esp since I wanted to EV train my Meoscarada w/o have to do any of this RNG berry BS. Still don't have the game tho, so maybe it isn't that bad, but ya gotta admit, having an NPC to do this would have been way more convenient if I wanted to start from scratch.

Also Rare Candies not being able to evolve level 100 unevolved Pokemon is BS. Why remove that feature at all?

I'm kinda disappointed by this. Why isn't there an EV reseter NPC or Reset Sandwich or something to Reset all your EVs easily? Feels kinda like a waste, esp since I wanted to EV train my Meoscarada w/o have to do any of this RNG berry BS. Still don't have the game tho, so maybe it isn't that bad, but ya gotta admit, having an NPC to do this would have been way more convenient if I wanted to start from scratch.

Also Rare Candies not being able to evolve level 100 unevolved Pokemon is BS. Why remove that feature at all?
The same reason they removed multi-select in the PC, none they just did it on a whim.

The same reason they removed multi-select in the PC, none they just did it on a whim.
You can actually still multi-select in the PC. When in the boxes, click "-" and it will allow you to draw the multi-select box. But I guess that also proves your point in a way, there doesn't seem to be any practical reason for changing how this works after so long.

Does anyone have a picture of Paradox Virizion's full Violet book entry in-game? The only one circulating right now just shows the sketch half, wondering if the text is any different from Paradox Suicune's.
1668988375944.png

Here it is if you still need it. The difference is in the description of the strange Pokemon being compact and cruel instead of about their size and ferocity.

Also there's a text dump if you want to reference the script for anything.

Oh interesting, sneaking up and getting a surprise on a Pokemon will apparently make captures more likely. The classes mechanci can often just retread old ground but there's little tidbits like that too; also how badges make captures easier on higher leveled pokemon (though I think they say as much) makes me wonder if its a passive penalty based on level that eases up as you collect badges or just a flat buff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)