SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Surely they’ll show a Tera form this time? It seems strange to have what is basically this generation’s version of Gigantamax / special Z-Moves not only withheld until the second phase of the DLC, but not even promoted as a part of it, especially if, as Khu said, there are a “decent amount” of them
Based on how Game Freak promoted Ogerpon's Tera forms, I think they'll continue to hide Tera forms until release day, possibly in plain sight (e.g. Ogerpon's giant Teal Mask and likely Terapagos-Terastal in trailers and blurbs).

Surely they’ll show a Tera form this time? It seems strange to have what is basically this generation’s version of Gigantamax / special Z-Moves not only withheld until the second phase of the DLC, but not even promoted as a part of it, especially if, as Khu said, there are a “decent amount” of them
or, hear me out here, what if khu just isn't telling the truth

Based on how Game Freak promoted Ogerpon's Tera forms, I think they'll continue to hide Tera forms until release day, possibly in plain sight (e.g. Ogerpon's giant Teal Mask and likely Terapagos-Terastal in trailers and blurbs).
Certainly possible, but usually GF tend to at least give us a cursory look at whatever big features are coming. The promo material for The Teal Mask didn’t show us Ogerpon’s alternate mask forms, but it did still show us one of its Tera forms in order to give us an idea of “here’s this cool unique thing that this new Pokémon brings to the table”

I’m hearing you, but the balance of probability suggets otherwise since Khu has been right about basically everything he’s ever leaked (even if some of his hints have been extremely obtuse).

In other words, what good does it do to just assume it’s a lie, when the source has historically been overwhelmingly accurate? I support the exercise of caution, sure, because that’s just good standards and practices when it comes to reading leaks, and because Khu is an insufferably arrogant knobhead in general, but Tera forms are a feature that he’s been regularly alluding to since SV first came out, so I just don’t think it’s very likely that it’s all been a charade.

In other words, what good does it do to just assume it’s a lie, when the source has historically been overwhelmingly accurate? I support the exercise of caution, sure, because that’s just good standards and practices when it comes to reading leaks, and because Khu is an insufferably arrogant knobhead in general, but Tera forms are a feature that he’s been regularly alluding to since SV first came out, so it’s just not very likely that it’s all been a charade.
I'm flipping a coin.
Heads, more Terastal forms are coming.
Tails, it's a red herring hint.
Edge, it's a deliberately misleading hint that we interpreted badly.

I’m hearing you, but the balance of probability suggets otherwise since Khu has been right about basically everything he’s ever leaked (even if some of his hints have been extremely obtuse).
half his stuff is so vague, and he puts content out so frequently, that he can just point to something and say "look, i was right!" no matter what happens, and just ignore (or delete) the wrong guesses. i believe he has some info, but he's also doing the same texas-sharpshooter bullshit that so-called psychics and oracles do, and the real info (which is likely limited to data dumps of early game builds, and possibly even limited to names) gives him plausible deniability. remember the time when tpc announced the sv home compatibility release date, khu tried to cover for his initial "leak" saying it would release on may 19 by doing some bullshit math, and then they announced that someone fucked up the announcement and that wasn't the release date at all?

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
If Dipplin2 is going to be Bug/Dragon or at the very least, resembles some sort of insect more than a worm, it might be more and more difficult to even guess what Dipplin2’s base stat total would even be, since this evolution seems to be more of an unique case than standard cross-gen evolutions.

Doubt this would be considered a Legendary unless it’s a case of “the player can only have one even if they can have multiple Dipplin”, not dissimilar to the Bloodmoon Ursaluna situation where Bloodmoon is a case of one long living Ursaluna that went through subtle mutation. Though calling it a special “Paradoxal Evolution” would be a possibility since this never happened in base SV but the Paradox Pokémon, while seperate species, do have an uncanny resemblance to the original counterparts.

Never thought Applin of all Pokémon would be used for a grander scheme of things!

Unlike what some people are speculating in the official news thread, I don't think this will reveal any new Pokemon.

I'm actually thinking the 19th Tera Type is one of the most likely things the trailer could present - it's already been teased, it needs a lengthy verbal explanation, and it was one of the things I was partially expecting to hear details about before the Indigo Disk is released.

With that being said, official full reveals of Hard Press and Supercharged Cell also seem pretty likely - Serebii!Joe already released details about them in his preview write-up, but not enough details.
Agreed, similar to the 2022 Worlds trailer
It's likely an unnarrated trailer, so while I don't think the 19th type is off the table I do think it will probably just be shown briefly with some basic info tool tips alongside other things and then the website write up will have actual details.
Yeah, they probably wont reveal much else
yeah, he might be lying
I'm flipping a coin.
Heads, more Terastal forms are coming.
Tails, it's a red herring hint.
Edge, it's a deliberately misleading hint that we interpreted badly.
No Head?
an exclusive and trustworthy source has disclosed to me that the information being revealed is the real identity of khu. this is to be disclosed in a livestreamed execution in which junichi masuda beheads him in retribution for his leaking crimes. hooray!
Viva la revolution
half his stuff is so vague, and he puts content out so frequently, that he can just point to something and say "look, i was right!" no matter what happens, and just ignore (or delete) the wrong guesses. i believe he has some info, but he's also doing the same texas-sharpshooter bullshit that so-called psychics and oracles do, and the real info (which is likely limited to data dumps of early game builds, and possibly even limited to names) gives him plausible deniability. remember the time when tpc announced the sv home compatibility release date, khu tried to cover for his initial "leak" saying it would release on may 19 by doing some bullshit math, and then they announced that someone fucked up the announcement and that wasn't the release date at all?
yeah, I called the fact he was trying to save his reliability in the eyes of the public
If Dipplin2 is going to be Bug/Dragon or at the very least, resembles some sort of insect more than a worm, it might be more and more difficult to even guess what Dipplin2’s base stat total would even be, since this evolution seems to be more of an unique case than standard cross-gen evolutions.

Doubt this would be considered a Legendary unless it’s a case of “the player can only have one even if they can have multiple Dipplin”, not dissimilar to the Bloodmoon Ursaluna situation where Bloodmoon is a case of one long living Ursaluna that went through subtle mutation. Though calling it a special “Paradoxal Evolution” would be a possibility since this never happened in base SV but the Paradox Pokémon, while seperate species, do have an uncanny resemblance to the original counterparts.

Never thought Applin of all Pokémon would be used for a grander scheme of things!
I'm guessing somewhere between 530-550 BST
8 days till DLC!!!

half his stuff is so vague, and he puts content out so frequently, that he can just point to something and say "look, i was right!" no matter what happens, and just ignore (or delete) the wrong guesses.
To add on to this, because Khu's so vague his followers will jump in and to fill in the gaps with all sorts of guesses and speculation. Then, the guesses/speculation that get the most traction end up getting spread everywhere and treated as if Khu actually said those things.

The rumors about Tera Forms seems to me like one of those instances where people took something vague Khu said and extrapolated it into a major game mechanic when its actually limited to only a few Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if its just Ogerpon and Terapagos who have them, and Khu was happy to exaggerate and let the fanbase believe otherwise.

To sidetrack a bit, I feel like a lot of what we "know" about the DLC from Khu is exaggeration of this nature. Things like Dokutaro's appearance in the game, Kieran's role as the "antagonist", Dipplin2's importance as his "ace", the presence of "zombies", and so on. I'm predicting that none of it is as wild or interesting as Khu vaguely made it out to be, and there will be a lot of disappointment when we get to see the real thing.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
In other words, what good does it do to just assume it’s a lie, when the source has historically been overwhelmingly accurate?

Rememer this and how it related to fuck all with the Teal Mask?

1701911181347.png

Not particularly saying that tera forms won't be real but khu isn't exactly opposed to making misleading posts, specially ever since he started doing the very useful leak of "maybe one of these pokémon get something new but maybe none of them do!". Most of what he says is vague or worded in a fanservice-y clickbait-y way to get people talking. It wouldn't really surprise me if by "There's a considerable number of them" he means terapagos, ogerpon and the cover legends and calls it a big number because that gets more people to engage with his leaks

To add on to this, because Khu's so vague his followers will jump in and to fill in the gaps with all sorts of guesses and speculation. Then, the guesses/speculation that get the most traction end up getting spread everywhere and treated as if Khu actually said those things.

The rumors about Tera Forms seems to me like one of those instances where people took something vague Khu said and extrapolated it into a major game mechanic when its actually limited to only a few Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if its just Ogerpon and Terapagos who have them, and Khu was happy to exaggerate and let the fanbase believe otherwise.

To sidetrack a bit, I feel like a lot of what we "know" about the DLC from Khu is exaggeration of this nature. Things like Dokutaro's appearance in the game, Kieran's role as the "antagonist", Dipplin2's importance as his "ace", the presence of "zombies", and so on. I'm predicting that none of it is as wild or interesting as Khu vaguely made it out to be, and there will be a lot of disappointment when we get to see the real thing.
Well no shit
i mean, it's a post-ds pokemon game, this goes without saying
Ok, Imma bout to say that your comment was slightly out of pocket in my opinion, heck, ORAS looks better in game than in the trailers, and so did BDSP.

View attachment 577245

Not particularly saying that tera forms won't be real but khu isn't exactly opposed to making misleading posts, specially ever since he started doing the very useful leak of "maybe one of these pokémon get something new but maybe none of them do!". Most of what he says is vague or worded in a fanservice-y clickbait-y way to get people talking. It wouldn't really surprise me if by "There's a considerable number of them" he means terapagos, ogerpon and the cover legends and calls it a big number because that gets more people to engage with his leaks
the most I can say is they all are moon/night related... but who am I kidding.

View attachment 577245

It might be "Who got to keep Toxic?" but that's a bit of a reach.

It wouldn't really surprise me if by "There's a considerable number of them" he means terapagos, ogerpon and the cover legends and calls it a big number because that gets more people to engage with his leaks
literally any number is considerable in that they're all concepts that the human mind is able to consider. he's given yet another statement containing absolutely zero meaningful information. and of course, if there do turn out to be a lot of tera forms he's going to claim he had that info, but if there aren't a lot (or aren't any) he'll just say nothing and everyone will just kind of forget it happened. he has absolutely no idea if there are any tera forms at all in dlc2, the fraud

literally any number is considerable in that they're all concepts that the human mind is able to consider. he's given yet another statement containing absolutely zero meaningful information. and of course, if there do turn out to be a lot of tera forms he's going to claim he had that info, but if there aren't a lot (or aren't any) he'll just say nothing and everyone will just kind of forget it happened. he has absolutely no idea if there are any tera forms at all in dlc2, the fraud
The thing is he does know things, but he's also part of the Chinese branch which means that realistically he's only seeing text for translation purposes and maybe some bits of the game for context.

Also considering that his info has gotten spottier and spottier as time as gone on I'm like 90% sure Nintendo/Gamefreak's slipping some fake shit into what they're giving the Chinese branch in an attempt to identify and plug the leak.

From what I've seen in this thread, "Dokutaro" (the clinchers for me were the plushie pics along with the datamined picture expansions) and the "zombies"/probably risen are mainly from other datamines, and Khu can say whatever he likes about them (how much has Khu said about the "zombies"?). Anyone kept full track for Kieran's role in the storyline (the closest I've seen for not-Khu there is speculation based on official trailers) and Dipplin2 being Kieran's ace instead of Drayton's?

I am still bitter that we didn't get a Mightyena evo....
Same here, my boy deserved some love
speaking of fake leaks, are people assuming this dokutaro pokémon will happen because of any hard evidence or just because... it should? i genuinely don't know
Yes, as everything that is Loyal, must have something to be loyal to, a retainer. The townsfolk might have been accidentally correct that they are loyal, but not what they are loyal to. Also a purple peach plush in one of the shops, this Pokemon being partially visible in the True Story of Ogerpon cutscene, and the fact that leaks confirm a new Pokemon with a name beginning with a P, inbetween two Pokemon that would allow its name to start with Peach (Momotaro means "Peach Boy" or something like that. Doku means poison.) with a possibility being Peachikeen, keeping with the Loyal threes naming convention of be versions of happy. Besides, the Loyal three's classifications are the Retainer Pokemon. All retainers have retainees after all.
From what I've seen in this thread, "Dokutaro" (the clinchers for me were the plushie pics along with the datamined picture expansions) and the "zombies"/probably risen are mainly from other datamines, and Khu can say whatever he likes about them (how much has Khu said about the "zombies"?). Anyone kept full track for Kieran's role in the storyline (the closest I've seen for not-Khu there is speculation based on official trailers) and Dipplin2 being Kieran's ace instead of Drayton's?
Apparently, in Kitakami it is rumored you could see the dead at the Crystal Pool, according to Carmine.

Khu has made very vague allusions to the content of the Indigo Disk, which his followers have combined with the datamines you mentioned to create very elaborate "fanfics" about the DLC in the absence of official information. Things like Kieran being possessed by Dokutaro, Dipplin2 being a special evolution accessible through this possession, the rest of the Paldea gang being turned into mind-controlled "zombies" and so forth.

However, because these "fanfics" are based partially on stuff Khu posted, all of it gets lumped in as legitimate info. Khu himself even admitted at one point that he was exaggerating the story for fun and that the actual content is more in-line with Pokemon's target audience, but that hasn't stopped people from continuing to talk about the speculation like it is confirmed info.

speaking of fake leaks, are people assuming this dokutaro pokémon will happen because of any hard evidence or just because... it should? i genuinely don't know
Dokutaro has hard evidence from datamined info supporting its existence. Dokutaro is its codename in the data, and it has an entry reserved for it in the Blueberry Pokedex. Everything outside of this is mostly speculation as far as I can see.

Dokutaro has hard evidence from datamined info supporting its existence. Dokutaro is its codename in the data, and it has an entry reserved for it in the Blueberry Pokedex. Everything outside of this is mostly speculation as far as I can see.
oh thank you!! as i said it Should exist because of all the lore, but people are so confident it's there (the peachikeen stuff for ex) that i wasn't sure if i missed actual data or if people were just running with it

oh thank you!! as i said it Should exist because of all the lore, but people are so confident it's there (the peachikeen stuff for ex) that i wasn't sure if i missed actual data or if people were just running with it
From the datamines we know there's a new Pokémon coming with Indigo Disk whose name starts with Pea and we know there's a bunch of references in the code to something with an internal name of Dokutaro and there's an inexplicable plush in the the Kitakami shops of a purple heart/peach shaped creature with arms shaped like the Loyal 3's Toxic Chains.

There are only four slots for names for Pokémon whose name we don't outright know. One of them is among the Future Paradoxes and is this obviously the Paradox Terrakion, one is Hydr something (and the Japanese listing is literally only 2 kana off from Dipplin's JP name), and the third is clearly Fire themed in most languages and thus Paradox Entei.

We know Dokutaro exists and we know its actual name almost certainly begins with Pea.

Peachikeen is just people's best guess based on the Loyal 3's names. It could actually be name Peason or Peaching or anything else that starts with Pea for all we know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)