SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

View attachment 463582
Meowscarada gets Protean. This is it until the dump.
View attachment 463583
AHAHAHA

Whew... how to instantly buff any pokemon to make them that gens poster child: give it fucking protean or a renamed version of it.

Well *Allegedly* protean got nerfed according to khu so I guess its a matter of how nerfed. Not sure what they could do since tera basically does something similar and multiplies stab by 2x.

View attachment 463585
Another person managed to get their hands on the game. I wonder if a link is coming or if it will be shared privately.
This 7.43 gb thing is old and is supposed to be cory in the house or something. pkmnleak fell for it earlier as well.
EDIT: Apparently he went private after the strikes and the code cracking discord deleted their old channels with the picture so all I can say is trust me bro.
1667967329839.png

AHAHAHA

Whew... how to instantly buff any pokemon to make them that gens poster child: give it fucking protean or a renamed version of it.

Well *Allegedly* protean got nerfed according to khu so I guess its a matter of how nerfed. Not sure what they could do since tera basically does something similar and multiplies stab by 2x.
I wonder how one nerfs it? really cannot see how you nerf something basic like that

So Weedcat gets Protean and not even a clone or even really fitting the design any more than Delphox. I was expecting it to get the shill ability anyways.
So what do the other starters get?
AHAHAHA

I don't see how they can nerf Protean without changing a bunch of mechanics for it other than to delay the type change and not work with Tera.

Idk how to feel about the paradoxes now,

I like that the past versions are complete redesigns, but the future ones feel kinda... lazy? Like just mecha versions of the original. I hope in-game they look a lot cooler in animation (maybe volc's wings spin around or turn purple or something idk). I was really rooting for violet paradoxes at first but they're not as unique.

I remember people say that it'll now only activate once per battle or that it will only activate once per time the pokemon in on the field (it'll activate again if you switch out and then back in).
Hmm the first option seems way too restrictive, the second option sounds more resonable, and a decent way to nerf it. Thats still a very solid ability, and if you run a choice item on it that change doesnt matter

So now that we have the types confirmed and before the abilities and stats get datamined

which paradox stand out competitively.

Gallade, hariyama and mangenton stand out to me first off.
Volcarona immidately looks interesting if its anything like base volc.

Fire/Poison and Bug/fighting are significantly better typings than bug/fire, and bug/fire never made it too terrible either. Its abilities are kinda meh as well but these forms supposed all get a new one (beast boost like?).

Will depend on movepools. If future volc loses quiver dance it could suck, and who knows what past volc does if its physical or special (larvesta is actually physical so that makes sense), bulkarona could be taken even further if it gets bulk up lol.

I wonder how one nerfs it? really cannot see how you nerf something basic like that
I'm not saying I'd agree with it, but theoretically you could make it so that the type only changes after you use the move, making it near useless for frailer Pokémon but less spammable in the process.

Alternatively, making it so you can only switch types once after switching in, or... the entire battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)