SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I told you guys before, its not unheard of
Sea slugs are called sea cows in Japanese. Quite literally, the name is umiushi (海牛). Umi is sea, ushi is cow. Crocodiles are not called cows or bulls in Japanese. Their name, wani (鰐), simply means "crocodile". The wordplay connecting crocodiles to bovine does not exist in Japanese, trying to use another connection that does exist in Japanese does nothing for this theory.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
60 100 120 50 60 50 and it doesn't learn earthquake
100 feels extremely low for a Crab Pokémon's dominant offensive stat tbh, I don't buy it. Historically Crab Pokes (I'm including all notable Crustacean pokemon into "Crab Pokes") always have their highest stat be their main offensive stat, with the exception of the Hermit Crab based Poke, which makes sense.

440 seems too low for something that's supposed to be a major boss on its own.
First boss. Remember Onix?

100 feels extremely low for a Crab Pokémon's dominant offensive stat tbh, I don't buy it. Historically Crab Pokes (I'm including all notable Crustacean pokemon into "Crab Pokes") always have their highest stat be their main offensive stat, with the exception of the Hermit Crab based Poke, which makes sense.
It gets a free Shell Smash too. It might be even lower. 100 is probably the sweet spot tho.

60 100 120 50 60 50 and it doesn't learn earthquake
That's almost a perfect guess, but I'll gamble it learns EQ but no priority moves at all.

That's almost a perfect guess, but I'll gamble it learns EQ but no priority moves at all.
Bonus point: it has only one rock stab and it's its signature move. And it sucks.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's faster than 50 speed. Even though we fight a boss variant of it, it doesn't look like a slow pokemon to me, I can see speed to be higher, on the line of 75 or 80.

Bonus point: it has only one rock stab and it's its signature move. And it sucks.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's faster than 50 speed. Even though we fight a boss variant of it, it doesn't look like a slow pokemon to me, I can see speed to be higher, on the line of 75 or 80.
I agree with everything except signature STAB sucking. At this point in time they surely must have learned to do good signature moves and abilities with few exceptions (looking angrily at Galarian Slowking).

I agree with everything except signature STAB sucking. At this point in time they surely must have learned to do good signature moves and abilities with few exceptions (looking angrily at Galarian Slowking).
Oh I don't doubt they have learned how to make good pokemon and move combos (See, Zacian and Calyrex, but also Urshifu, or Dragapult, or Toxapex if you're wanting defensive ones).

My question is, "how" good do they want it to be.
We are talking of a non-pseudolegendary, that's also likely available somewhere early in the game (I'm assuming thesse bosses will be comparable to Totem Pokemon where you can also catch their regular variants in the wild somewhere near the "boss" is), and isn't exactly looking like a very threatening entity.
I don't quite expect them to want to make Krawf *that* good. Hence why I think that it'll have "something" not that good.
A somewhat easy balancing factor would just be the moveset, and honestly i'd rather it have a mediocre moveset than have another Minior case which actually has a good moveset but isn't realistically ever using its ability anyway.

I'm personally expecting 490~ BST for Klawf. Something like 65/95/125/60/75/70. It'll probably be a lower tier Pokemon but its ability+Shell Smash (I'd be shocked if it doesn't get Shell Smash) could make it a spicy meme. As with most Pokemon these days, it'll likely be stronger in VGC where you could do a self-Weakness Policy activate to immediately get to +3 Atk/+1 Spd and use Rock Slide in the same turn. Not exactly the most threatening but it'll probably have The Juice(TM) to ruin someone's day if the stars align.

Looks like the Steel/Fairy hammer 1st stage Pokemon. Looks cute, but the lack of a UI or anything else is throwing me off from 100% confirming it.
OK, I'm not usually one to claim this, most Pokémon's designs typically grow on me overtime (or I forget they exist), but that is straight up a Digimon.
It's literally just Luminamon with grey Terriermon legs.

Okay so a fuckton of things happened since I last posted here, like Pokémon GO, a parakeet, lists of unga-bogus names, Nintendo ninjas, and philosophical discussions on leaks.
OK, I'm not usually one to claim this, most Pokémon's designs typically grow on me overtime (or I forget they exist), but that is straight up a Digimon.
It's literally just Luminamon with grey Terriermon legs.
Ah, remember the times people compared Gen IV and V Pokémon to Digimon? Sirya, remember the old reactions to new Pokémon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)