SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

ALRIGHT BABY, TIME FOR THAT DUNSPARCE SWEEP, IT'S DUNSPARCE APPRECIATION HOURS BABY, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Dudunsparce - 125/100/80/85/75/55 (Total: 520) - Normal/Normal - Serene Grace/Run Away/Rattled
  1. Learned Moves:
  2. Defense Curl @ Lv. 1
  3. Flail @ Lv. 1
  4. Mud-Slap @ Lv. 4
  5. Rollout @ Lv. 8
  6. Glare @ Lv. 12
  7. Screech @ Lv. 16
  8. Ancient Power @ Lv. 20
  9. Drill Run @ Lv. 24
  10. Yawn @ Lv. 28
  11. Hyper Drill @ Lv. 32
  12. Roost @ Lv. 36
  13. Dragon Rush @ Lv. 40
  14. Coil @ Lv. 44
  15. Double-Edge @ Lv. 48
  16. Endeavor @ Lv. 52
  17. Hurricane @ Lv. 56
  18. Boomburst @ Lv. 62
  19. TM Moves:
  20. Body Slam, Take Down, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Earthquake, Dig, Agility, Fire Blast, Amnesia, Rest, Rock Slide, Substitute, Thief, Protect, Scary Face, Mud-Slap, Outrage, Sandstorm, Endure, Sleep Talk, Baton Pass, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Facade, Helping Hand, Hyper Voice, Rock Tomb, Mud Shot, Poison Tail, Calm Mind, Tailwind, Poison Jab, Air Slash, Earth Power, Giga Impact, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Heavy Slam, Stored Power, Hex, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail, Wild Charge, Drill Run, Hurricane, Smart Strike, Stomping Tantrum, Body Press, Tera Blast, Ice Spinner, Pounce, Chilling Water

Okay, so looking at the moveset our boi has got, it's looking REALLY nice actually. Glare, Yawn, Roost, Coil, Substitute, Tailwind, Stealth Rock, and Dragon Tail offer some decent support style play and give it the possibility of being a unique lead in the lower tiers. Physically Dunsparce has always had a surprisingly good movepool, but now it gets access to what looks like a few new moves such as Ice Spinner and most importantly, Body Press, which is HUGE when combined with Coil and it's respectable 100 base atk. It also gets access to Outrage which could be an unexpected threat on a Glare + Coil set. Not to mention, with a base 85 sp atk stat, Dudunsparce can actually utilize some of those special moves if it wants to, and a STAB Boomburst or Hurricane will hurt like hell if the opponent isn't expecting it.

But most importantly of all...

WHAT. IS HYPER DRILL. :zonger:

BASE POWER, PLEASE???? :row:
The way I see it Dudunsparce will have two main sets.

1) A Glare paraflinch set. Pretty blatantly worse than other paraflinchers but it's bulky and 55 base speed is just enough to outrun paralyzed Weavile with a few dozen speed EVs. It can either run coverage like Rock Slide or fill in the last slot with Stealth Rocks.

2) Bulky Coil. Hyper Drill + EQ hit most things in the game after enough boosts. Maybe Hyper Drill will randomly be a physical Boomburst. We can hope.

There's also weird sets like Assault Vest Body Slam / EQ / Ice Beam / Flamethrower that will be no good anywhere but might get a YouTuber some undeserved clicks. Looking at you Emvee.

Edit: This thing gets BOOMBURST? Fuck all other sets, become the Specs apocalypse Dudunsparce always knew it could be.

Last edited:
So assuming what Centro said is true. If I transfer an from SV Oshawott with Aqua Cutter to PLA to become Hisuian Samurott, when I transfer H.Samurott back, will it still have Aqua Cutter?
See, that's the thing, you won't be able to transfer it back.
Once it touches a gen 9 game, it's a gen 9 pokemon. Can't go back to gen 8 games.

(That's how it's always worked btw, nothing new)

I'm sorry...has this been addressed?

View attachment 464494

RIP Toxic, if true...
Isn’t this just how HOME works now?? New sets for new games, so you can’t transfer moves and we’ve known this for like nearly half a year now?

I do wonder if they’ll change that when the next Gen 9 game comes out but the precedent going forward should be that moves can’t be transferred. Why we acting brand new??

It’s very interesting that male-only and genderless Pokémon now have Egg Moves as well. If I had to guess, I’d say that you still need a compatible male and female Pokémon to find an Egg, but Egg Moves are no longer restricted to the parents. Rather, all Pokémon in your party might now be able to pass on moves onto the Egg.

Someone really ought to get to testing breeding mechanics.

So assuming what Centro said is true. If I transfer an from SV Oshawott with Aqua Cutter to PLA to become Hisuian Samurott, when I transfer H.Samurott back, will it still have Aqua Cutter?
I’m almost certain that the Egg Move passing mechanics introduced in SS worked between two different forms as long as the Pokémon shared a Dex number. As such, a Unovan Samurott should be able to teach a Hisuian Samurott Aqua Cutter if the mechanic remains.

Easy to see who skipped BDSP here. The Home changes mentioned by Centro are indeed how Home works with all future games going forward, beginning with BDSP. This is the new standard for the series. "Transfer moves" are no longer a thing. (Also, Centro does not have access to the game or Home, he's merely reiterating what was already established during BDSP.)

can anyone else just not view the pastebins? I wanted to see what good moves paradox volcarona got but it says the page has been taken down, assuming by nintendo?
One of the pastebin got imploded.
New link https://pastebin.com/6cYuSv92

Easy to see who skipped BDSP here. The Home changes mentioned by Centro are indeed how Home works with all future games going forward, beginning with BDSP. This is the new standard for the series. "Transfer moves" are no longer a thing. (Also, Centro does not have access to the game or Home, he's merely reiterating what was already established during BDSP.)
Tecnically, noone knew if that was a thing just for gen 8 games (to avoid constant relearning) or not.

Centro implies it's a permanent thing, but there's no actual way to know until Home actually gets updated.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Well there's 2 optoins:
1. they dont want it to get aqua cutter
2. there's changes to egg move passing such that perhaps Aqua Cutter Samurott can just "teach" it to Samurott-H
2 already works. I was able to teach an Alolan Raichu Charge by putting it in the daycare with an Original Raichu. They're the same species, so they can share Egg Moves.
Or at least that's how it was in SwSh. No idea how this works with camping instead of the daycare though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)