SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So assuming Tera functions as adaptability on same type forms... Normal Tera Dudunsparce

252+ SpA Choice Specs Normal Tera Dudunsparce Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 250-295 (74.8 - 88.3%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Normal Tera Dudunsparce Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 290-342 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Normal Tera Dudunsparce Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon: 334-394 (79.5 - 93.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Normal Tera Dudunsparce Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 276-326 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Normal Tera Dudunsparce Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 165-195 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still hits hard even once Tera gets Dynamax'd out of OU.

they should just trigger on switch in, they don't trigger in the video but you can tell the gameplay is modded in some way just by looking at their movesets. also i love those dark legendaries too, probably some of the sickest mons in paldea. i'm just sad that some of them might end up getting banned from ou :psycry:
Yeah if those are passive debuffs and don't work like Intimidate, Chien-Pao has an effective free +1 at all times, which unless I'm stupid, gives it effectively a 219 base Attack stat if Jolly, according to the Damage Calculator.

Chi-Yu's unboosted SpAtk at a free +1 is equivalent to a fully invested 242 base SpAtk stat.

Hope I'm dumb here, but using a free boost as a basis, these effectively have way bigger attack stats than their statline would imply.

Last edited:
Quite honestly, it depends on a lot of factors, do we keep energy booster in, do we ban sun, does it compare to little cup larvesta in role, does the move dexit actually happen making a ton of ou mons garbage? Too early to know
Energy Booster will likely be banned. It's like if you gave Thick Club or Quick Powder to a Pokemon with actually good stats and can't be knocked off. Then ban according to who ever are too overwhelming of Sun abusers.

The third legendary.
At first, I thought this was Chinese with the black boxes representing missing characters from the book, but in fact, it seems that it's actually Japanese with some kind of emulation error preventing hiragana/katakana from being displayed correctly. I only had 15 minutes to work on this before work, but here's what I could recognize off hand.

君O了奇O的物体
Roughly, "You are a strange thing" (referring to the subject)
六O形O体?O (the ? is a character I don't recognize and failed to identify via Google Translate's writing app)
Something to do with having a body with 6 shapes, probably 6 of a body part.

That's all I had time for unfortunately. I imagine someone's going to find this in English by tomorrow, when next I have time to translate, so this was a mostly wasted endeavor. Sorry I couldn't accomplish more here.

Roaring moon is so ass. Only physical dark stab it gets are brutal swing and crunch. Also a garbage ability. I don't see thing thing even make it to OU. Maybe somewhat UU or a solid RU. Nonetheless, I was p hyped about this mon but it turned out to be more garbage than I expected.
139 attack, 119 speed, solid bulk (in fact a massive 105/101 special bulk) plenty of coverage, dragon dance, potential free +1 on switch, even gets u-turn, and you're looking at the fact it has "bad dark stabs"?

has to be a troll.

139 attack, 119 speed, solid bulk (in fact a massive 105/101 special bulk) plenty of coverage, dragon dance, potential free +1 on switch, and you're looking at the fact it has "bad dark stabs"?

has to be a troll.
Just the typing and bulk make it really good. Obviously lack of dark good moves is a problem but you're right, it's really decent.

Roaring moon is so ass. Only physical dark stab it gets are brutal swing and crunch. Also a garbage ability. I don't see this thing even make it to OU. Maybe somewhat UU or a solid RU. Nonetheless, I was p hyped about this mon but it turned out to be more garbage than I expected.
My dude, it's got 139 Atk, 119 Speed and Dragon Dance. It's basically Physical Mega Salamence.

Well imagine if there was an item that gave you a free Agility or Sword Dance that was consumable. That would be absurdly busted.
Well yeah, but I haven't seen anything to suggest these items are providing a +2 boost?

That said, there are enough stupidly strong Paradox mons that I can plausibly see Booster Energy getting item claused in OU to keep them in check.

Going to be honest, it's looking like the worst paradox mon out of all of them which is a shame because its design is sick
It's not the worst by a long shot. That dishonor probably goes to Brute Bonnet, or Iron Thorns, or Iron Moth, or- well, you get the point.

Notably it learns Dual Wingbeat natively plus Heavy Slam and Wild Charge via TM. Perhaps more than any other paradox, Slither Wing may enjoy a choice item over Booster Energy. It's essentially Buzzwole with U-turn in a game where the most threatening new monsters are Dark and/or Ice.

This is to say nothing of its status moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, which is a rarity among both of its types.

Last edited:
Ik centro posted no transfers with no source but didn't we kinda knew it'd work like that for a bit? Am I missing something?
We kinda did but also didn't, in the sense that that's how it works *for gen 8 games* but there's no info nor any way to test if that's how it will work for gen 9 ones.

I would take it as a grain of salt for now until home actually gets updated.

An item ban would be a bit weird, but the pokemon itself with this set could be banned.
Items being banned wouldn't exactly be a first for smogon.
If it would end up being just a single pokemon being busted with it, they'll likely ban the pokemon, but if it's several of them, much more likely they ban the item.

Gamefreak going full throttle on hyper offence is super interesting to me. Scald is gone, teleport is gone, potential for a move dexit nerfing mainly defensive mons, and recovery all being nerfed are direct targeted changes. Not to mention most of the new Pokémon being hyper offensive, and the defensive ones largely being support. Will love to see how this plays out.

Well yeah, but I haven't seen anything to suggest these items are providing a +2 boost?

That said, there are enough stupidly strong Paradox mons that I can plausibly see Booster Energy getting item claused in OU to keep them in check.
They activate the abilities of the Paradox Pokemon. Unless the boost is like x1.5, which case it's not as strong and probably not ban worthy.

Items being banned wouldn't exactly be a first for smogon.
If it would end up being just a single pokemon being busted with it, they'll likely ban the pokemon, but if it's several of them, much more likely they ban the item.
Completly agree about it, that's just the amount of pokemons broken with an object who could possibly make it banned.

Also, completly changing subject, Does someone noticed Spikes Garchomp ?

An item ban would be a bit weird, but the pokemon itself with this set could be banned.
This would be a complex ban. We don't do complex bans because they are very very bad (we know this from the few times we did try doing complex bans, like the first 3 Baton Pass clauses). If an item is problematic, either the item itself or the specific Pokemon who best abuses said item would be suspected, depending on which is identified as the broken factor (which would likely be the item in most realistic scenarios).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)