SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So reporting what we found (or rather didnt find) so far

Having only 2 pokemon in the party that are compatible works as usual for breeding, after a bit they'll pop a egg in the basked and a pokemon of the species of the female will hatch.

There is however absolutely no indicator that there's a egg in the basked which is kind of annoying, I hope there is one and we just didn't notice it

Also the egg hatched ridicolously quickly, not even one minute, ok that we had a flame body pokemon but that was FAST.

Having 2 females however after 30 minutes did not get us a egg so I'm not completely sold on the "same sex can breed" right now, but then again, it took us 5 mins to get the jigglypuff x azumarill egg, then we got absolutely nothing for both 30 mins of female x female and male x female azumarill.
It feels that we're missing something, they definitely do breed via the "camp" but I sure hope it's not "sit in the camp and wait hoping they get turned on".

We were not able to "transfer a egg move" either, so if the mechanic is still in the game, it's not as simple as "put 2 pokemon of same species in camp with one having empty move slot and the other having a egg move".

Edit: apparently our Azumarills prefer the desert as we moved there and they made another egg in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Jeeezuz. I went to bed last night, and woke up to 40 more pages. It took all day to catch up again. :D

On the subject of Revival Blessing, I would think that would be a good move on Dung Beetle Mon, in tandem with Trick Room.

Set TR and then use RB bring that Crawdaunt or Azurmarril or Iron Hands back to finish the job.

Aromatherapy was cut and heal bell is currently blissey's signature move... however blissey can only get heal bell as an happiny egg move, so idk how it's supposed to get it right now. The cleric moves might both be functionally cut
Do we know if there's a mechanic that allows you to catch Pokémon with EMs? There has been for the past 3 gens, after all. Lapras could only get Sparkling Aura at the beginning of SS by catching other Brilliant Aura Lapras. There are various 'mons in BDSP who only get certain EMs by catching them in the Grand Underground.

Do raids allow you to get EMs?

We were not able to "transfer a egg move" either, so if the mechanic is still in the game, it's not as simple as "put 2 pokemon of same species in camp with one having empty move slot and the other having a egg move".
Do the egg moves maybe quietly appear in the Pokemon's PLA move menu? Its also possible that move transfer needs a held item now like with Destiny Knot or Everstone.

Do the egg moves maybe quietly appear in the Pokemon's PLA move menu? Its also possible that move transfer needs a held item now like with Destiny Knot or Everstone.
We checked that too, no sign of Sing anywhere in neither Azurill earlier, nor the two Azumarills we tried (both the female and male one)

If the mechanic is still there, doesn't look like it's as simple as "have the 2 pokemon toghether at the camp for a bit".

Rabsca: Revival Blessing, Trick Room

What makes Rabsca stand out is that it's the only Pokemon with the combination of Revival Blessing and Trick Room. Being able to revive a sweeper or another TR setter can be huge with such a volatile playstyle. Its stats aren't the best but I do believe this combination will give it some form of viability however small. Trick Room in general benefits from a more HO metagame anyway.
Personally I think it does better on non-trick room HO.

It does get access to speed swap, and although gimmicky, you can essentially cripple whatever is sent in to kill it, then revive an ally either gaining momentum when they swap to reset the speed, or have a late game cleaner with no switch ins come in for free vs. a really bad movespeed target, water starter stands out as something that can revive and get a speed+moxie boost off this.

Main problem is getting it in at all with hazards, you could do this with a sash but its so frail and slow anything can stop it from doing its thing unless you bring it in on a toxapex and similar.

Finally caught up!

Ting-Lu - 165/110/130/50/80/45 (Total: 580) (1.0)
Ting-Lu - 155/110/125/55/80/45 (Total: 570)
They really had to take 15 points away from my boy's bulk? It is the only one of its quartet that got more than 10 points reduced (then 5 added to its terrible special attack). Such a shame.

H-Avalugg lost Ice Shard from PLA which is sad. Lumineon lost Roost and still hasn't gotten Quiver Dance (even though Oricorio did).
G-Slowking finally getting Toxic is fun.
Orthworm with Coil is cool, Shed Tail too could have a niche.
I can see Scream Tail running a Calm Mind, Wish, Baton Pass, Boomburst set. With wish, set up and Baton Pass with its bulk and speed, it will be crazy in formats that are allowed.
I'm so sad Donzodo didn't get recovery, but Bellibolt and Feucocco did! My bulky fat team is looking pretty good, especially with Cetitan looking to be a beast with Belly Drum, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash and Earthquake.

My team right now is Feucocco, Cetitan, Bellibolt, Dudunsparce, Dondozo, and Clogsire.

Last edited:
We checked that too, no sign of Sing anywhere in neither Azurill earlier, nor the two Azumarills we tried (both the female and male one)

If the mechanic is still there, doesn't look like it's as simple as "have the 2 pokemon toghether at the camp for a bit".
Hmm, I see. Thanks for testing it out. I think it might be a held item then, seems like the most straightforward way to implement it in this camp system.

With all of this discussion about Kingambit in OU I just want to show you guys something I found interesting.

unnamed.png
Fighting/Electric. Stats: 154/140/108/50/68/50.

These calcs are made with new stat changes in effect for both mons. I equipped Choice Band to represent the scenario where bisharp gets the
x1.5 atk boost from having the whole party defeated.
Screenshot_5.png

Paradox Hariyama walls both stabs from Kingambit, with some bulk investment can take 3 Low Kicks, has the same base speed as Kingambit, and hits you back extremely hard. Pretty funny huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)