SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

No it would still be busted in VGC to have a 60% offensive boost. A 30% boost is pretty fair for VGC, especially if it can “work with” the revival move. Where if you revive a Pokemon and that Pokemon faints, it will get a double boost for a potential 70% boost.
What if the "slight boost" is metaphorical and its attack increases by 100% for each fainted member? You could think that's too much, but put things into perspective: that's the bonus it gets for having a partner die in battle. Looking at it that way, any kind of attack boost as trade for a friend's death is definitely an "slight boost"

Has anyone else done a look at the newly teachable TMs at all? I did a cursory glance at both Psybeam and Metal Claw, and both seem to have extremely lazy BDSP-Toxic style learns (ie: give it to anything that gets it by level or Egg, including NOT giving it to evolutions like Charmeleon or Charizard). I really hope they patch them up but I really don't expect much, which is disappointing because it was fun to get new learns out of new TMs before.

Even if Supreme Overlord is only a 10% boost per mon, its still gonna be a good ability. Free attack is free attack and getting the bonus with no real additional hoops besides your other mons being KO'd (which is bound to happen anyways) will still make it a solid ability. Even at minimum potency, where only one of your partners is KO'd, it will give a fully invested Bisharp an effective 153 Base Attack stat, putting it on par with the Ultra Beast bst wise and it'll only get more potent as the game goes on.

Even if Supreme Overlord is only a 10% boost per mon, its still gonna be a good ability. Free attack is free attack and getting the bonus with no real additional hoops besides your other mons being KO'd (which is bound to happen anyways) will still make it a solid ability. Even at minimum potency, where only one of your partners is KO'd, it will give a fully invested Bisharp an effective 153 Base Attack stat, putting it on par with the Ultra Beast bst wise and it'll only get more potent as the game goes on.
I mean obviously it's better than no ability.

But the question is, is it better than defiant?

A-Are we not gonna talk about this?! This is HUGE! Tera might not be as broken as we thought....hell it might not even be ban worthy! THoever, this means that more tests MUST be done. If same type tera only gives a 1.3 boost, does a different type tera give STAB as we thought (1.5) or is it also an adaptability boost (1.3)
So Same Type Tera is 1.8x overall? 1.5 for normal STAB + 0.3 for the Boost?

No it would still be busted in VGC to have a 60% offensive boost. A 30% boost is pretty fair for VGC, especially if it can “work with” the revival move. Where if you revive a Pokemon and that Pokemon faints, it will get a double boost for a potential 70% boost.
Getting a triple bonus in VGC (without Revival Blessing, and even that assumes that it's counting number of times your Pokemon have fainted and not number of slots of your team that are occupied by KOed 'mons) still means having one 'mon standing (er, sitting) on a Doubles field. Assuming your opponent isn't also down to a single combatant, 60% makes that tough but winnable, and also isn't much stronger than if you'd run Defiant and had to open by Sucker Punching a Kantonian Arcanine.

What if the "slight boost" is metaphorical and its attack increases by 100% for each fainted member? You could think that's too much, but put things into perspective: that's the bonus it gets for having a partner die in battle. Looking at it that way, any kind of attack boost as trade for a friend's death is definitely an "slight boost"
That’s the bonus it gets for a naturally occuring thing on a Pokemon with good stats. Getting a 60% boost in VGC when your opponent’s team is already weakened would be extremely strong. Yeah Hustle or Gorrila Tactics has a 50% boost as well, but Supreme Order doesn’t lower accuracy or lock your moves. It’s also not like you have to have your entire team dead. Having 2 Pokemon fainted would give you a 40% boost, which with an ally is still massively strong. And then your opponent has to decide if they want to try and KO this pretty bulk Dark/Steel type or the other very threatening Pokemon next to it, much like Magearna.

I think having them together is fine as they are completely different Pokémon.

(I do think a potential paradox clause should be created though to stop teams from being stacked with them)
Nah paradoxes are just like anything else, each too different from one another.

Reminds me of ultra beast, but a bit more needy due to weather/electric terrain. I'm sure there's cores out there but nothing crazy unless the mon itself is broken.

None of them particular stat out as broken to me, but granted I've been fixated at only looking at the volc forms and iron moth is basically latios with a different typing and no setup move, while other one feels like it needs some experimenting being a physical attacker and not fire type for flare blitz sun spam either.

Tera doesn't stop if you switch out does it? what about if you revive? If it persist I could see slither wing fire tera so it can flare blitz spam.. this thing fucking hurts:

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Fire Type Slither Wing Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 173-204 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Holy shit

Last edited:
Super stoked for this. Gigaton Hammer is now one of my new favorite moves along with revival move. I think the revival move is a game changer hopefully it has decent distribution.

A lot of really sick pokemon like giant bulky shrimp mon which that could be a absolute menace in doubles. Like tinkaton great typing and the gold pokemon with a steel type Draco meteor.

I could have sworn someone said it was 2X before STAB calculation, which caused everyone to freak out. Like people were comparing to Z Moves and stuff. THis feels a lot more tame in comparison

I could have sworn someone said it was 2X before STAB calculation, which caused everyone to freak out. Like people were comparing to Z Moves and stuff. THis feels a lot more tame in comparison
Honestly, I didn't really get what they were saying lol. Are they saying that moves BP could be anywhere between 1.8 - 2x?

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i wonder if us as a collective can come up with actual proper names for those paradox mons, we have ungaboonguss and im bored so heres some, a few of them come are from others in the thread. tried to incorporate whatever was in their current name into this

past mons:
koraiphan - donphan
ungaboonguss - amoonguss
stalagneton - magneton
bigglyruff - jigglypuff
misfluttrus - midreavus
koraivolca - volcarona
roarimence - salamence

future mons:
miraiphan - donphan
haritetsu - hariyama
juguliron - hydreigon
mechanitar - tyranitar
delibundle - delibird
miraivolca - volcarona
fervaliant - gallade

the main issue with some of these names is that they could be confused with actually being directly connected to the mon theyre a paradox of, which is why id imagine they have the weird two word names in game. the past ones you have to be more creative than me when coming up with names, while future all of them have iron fsr lol. also someone who actually knows japanese can come up with a better name for paradox hariyama i imagine.

alternatively we just choose one of the two words to call them and leave it at that

I spent way too long trying to get a Greninja with the correct forme/ability, and finding a trainer with enough Pokémon (I eventually fought a gym leader).

But I can confirm that Battle Bond only activates once per battle. Switching it out and back for a second ko (of 3 Pokémon) had no effect.

Also Terestial stays active when switching, but I'm sure that's been confirmed already.

I need a quick break, but is there any other new moves/abilities/formes that needs testing?

Edit: It also does not transform either.

I need a quick break, but is there any other new moves/abilities/formes that needs testing?
Couple ideas:
Triple Dive (Wugtrio's signature) - no one is sure of base power, or accuracy
The legendary quartet's abilities - do they lower stages or have a background debuff?
Population Bomb (Maushold's signature) - people are pretty curious about this one and if its affected by Maushold's form.

I think what's going to happen is most people will probably just drift to the official names because they're not fully poisoned by internet pre-release leaks/speculation/forums
then after that you have a lot of people who dont remember the names but do remember the leaks and will just use Paradox or Ancient/Future interchangably

and then you're going to have the people who are in a VERY specific leak poisoning who just use a name they attached to or their own, unique nickname because they just dont want to use the proper name or the accepted short hand (...or...long hand, i suppose), because you know who you are

Aaaaa I would love you forever if you could test the Ruin Abilities ;-;

Are they stat stage modifiers on entry like Intimidate, or are they passive effects like Dark Aura that persist as long as the user is on the field?
If you can get any idea of how big the modifier is, that would be super helpful too,
but honestly just knowing the basics of how it works at all is the most important to me!
I asked about the same in this thread as well if you would prefer to reply there! Either way works!

I spent way too long trying to get a Greninja with the correct forme/ability, and finding a trainer with enough Pokémon (I eventually fought a gym leader).

But I can confirm that Battle Bond only activates once per battle. Switching it out and back for a second ko (of 3 Pokémon) had no effect.

Also Terestial stays active when switching, but I'm sure that's been confirmed already.

So are they normal stat increases? And do you lose them by switching?

Something I was wondering is how do Dudunsparces alternative forms work? Are they just Cosmetic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)