SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Last edited:
With all the awesome pastebins and spreadsheets, is there a chance for Trainer data soon?:-)
I hope so!!!
Just putting this offer out there: if someone DMs me or pings me with a .txt file for Trainers, even if it seems unreadable/things are all unlabeled and numbers, I would LOVE to try to help make sense of it and compile it into a sheet! I can't do that unless someone gives me that data in the first place, but I'm pretty decent at making sense of things once I have it!
I made the BDSP Trainers sheet a lot of people used last year, and I had a ton of fun with it and used it a lot myself - I'm as eager to see the Trainer data as anyone else, so if anyone could help me get my hands on the raw files in .txt form, you have no idea how much I would like to help with this!!!

That's the nicest thing anyone's probably said about Pinchurin

Ever
He's not good, but he does in fact exist.

But it doesn't super matter because eventually vgc is going to allow the title legendaries anyway so the paradoxes will get their fix that way.

For any serious singles usage I think the item is the only viable or decent method of getting their boost.

pincurchin.png

Hey guys who needs a Tapu I'm just as good

Ok so serious question though, not to dunk on the lil guy but because I actually don't know. Other than Surge and pulling off halfway decent Rising Voltage, what can he do? Because I'm having a hard time seeing people bring a Future Paradox and not just use Booster Energy because they didn't wanna use the lil guy.

Ok so serious question though, not to dunk on the lil guy but because I actually don't know. Other than Surge and pulling off halfway decent Rising Voltage, what can he do? Because I'm having a hard time seeing people bring a Future Paradox and not just use Booster Energy because they didn't wanna use the lil guy.
I am trying so hard to justify it. I cannot. I just wanted to make the point that we do have a setter.

Honestly it is kinda funny that like all the other alternative terrain setters had their niches and value above tapus in some way or another but pinchurchin just doesn't really.

Not that terrain shenanigans are really alive anymore. Only big combo we have still is expanding force and indeedee and expanding force is on a wopping: 1 pokemon (armarouge).

Grassy glide is currently completely dead, rising voltage is also completely dead. misty terrain as a whole is dead, and electric terrain belongs to only pincurchin and a legendary.

Arboliva has access to grassy terrain but must be hit to activate it so at that point just use harvest.

One thing I noticed looking at the Menu Sprites rip posted upthread: the filenames! It seems like there's multiple attributes now instead of them storing all their forms in a single list. Here's a snapshot (I've already cut down the filenames of anything that had all parameters empty)

1668322852362.png

So that middle parameter seems to clearly define all regional forms. 11 is Alola, 31 is Galar, 41 is Hisui and 51 is Paldea.

1668322906548.png

Regular form differences seem to use the first parameter. Carefully note the White Basculin with the clear Hisui indicator.

1668322995561.png

Third parameter holds Arceus forms and, I'd bet, probably Silvally in a future game. Most curious here is the base form also holding a form ID there, whereas in other cases identical / unused parameters just have a 00

EDIT:
1668323346356.png

ok who knows with that third parameter

There was, but we haven't found how to replicate this in SV.

For what we know, this functionality may actually not be here anymore.
even if you cant' evolve them, and I have no idea why you shouldn't be able to (at least eventually), since PLA doesn't actually care about anything other than nature and level, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to evolve it in that game and send it back.

Just realized that Zacian gained Trailblaze this generation. That’s hilarious. Quagsire was on of the few Pokémon that actually could wall a Zacian in singles and it got it to the top 15 of Some BSS seasons where Zacian was on top. It feels like it made a deal with the devil for easy grass coverage to get past Quagsire for good, but at a dire cost. I hope getting to kill a sub 500 BST Pokémon was worth losing your perma instant +1, kiddo
Remember that the devil always continues to scheme regardless of past deals. *laughs in Clodsire*

right but the reason it hasn't been possible is both a hardware limitation, and because the games didn't have specific movesets for those games like PLA does
I don't think that's the only reason though. When a Pokemon is sent forward its data structure is altered to conform to the new generation, sometimes gaining new information. It's possible that the new weird multi-learnset stuff they pulled with PLA/BDSP means part of that structure can stay server-side, allowing a backport, but I doubt them doing it.

right but the reason it hasn't been possible is both a hardware limitation, and because the games didn't have specific movesets for those games like PLA does
Even if you tell yourself that it is technically possible to bring a mon back from SV to PLA, this is GF. They'll just make it so once any mon touches SV it becomes a Gen9 mon and can't return to any Gen8 game

I personally think the Four Perils are probably by far the worst Legendary trio/quadruple I've seen in a long time. Despite being based on the actual Four Perils in Chinese Mythology, it feels like the designs have literally zero things in common with each other. With the other trios, they share things thematically that make it easy to ID them as part of a Legendary group (e.g. Tapus, Genies, Musketeers, etc.). Looking at these four, I would have never guessed that they're all part of the same legendary grouping. Besides, I feel like these designs would've been better served if they actually look somewhat monstrous instead of looking like everyday animals (google Chinese Four Perils to see what I'm talking about).

There could be more that I'm missing about the design, but I think so far the Peril quadruplets feels the least coherent of all Legendary groups from a design perspective.

I personally think the Four Perils are probably by far the worst Legendary trio/quadruple I've seen in a long time. Despite being based on the actual Four Perils in Chinese Mythology, it feels like the designs have literally zero things in common with each other. With the other trios, they share things thematically that make it easy to ID them as part of a Legendary group (e.g. Tapus, Genies, Musketeers, etc.). Looking at these four, I would have never guessed that they're all part of the same legendary grouping. Besides, I feel like these designs would've been better served if they actually look somewhat monstrous instead of looking like everyday animals (google Chinese Four Perils to see what I'm talking about).

There could be more that I'm missing about the design, but I think so far the Peril quadruplets feels the least coherent of all Legendary groups from a design perspective.
I think GF tried to make them something more "unique" but still part of the same Legendary group. It failed pretty bad, the designs are... well, they exist and that's already something but like you said, most of the legendary trios/quads usually have a pattern that at least makes realize they have some kind of relation between them. Then you have a Deer with a giant bowl and a fish made of lava. Can't say i'm a fan but at least they look nice? idk.

Also what's with Iron Valiant/Paradox Suicune/Paradox Virizion being straigth up fusions? I don't get it at all.

I think GF tried to make them something more "unique" but still part of the same Legendary group. It failed pretty bad, the designs are... well, they exist and that's already something but like you said, most of the legendary trios/quads usually have a pattern that at least makes realize they have some kind of relation between them. Then you have a Deer with a giant bowl and a fish made of lava. Can't say i'm a fan but at least they look nice? idk.

Also what's with Iron Valiant/Paradox Suicune/Paradox Virizion being straigth up fusions? I don't get it at all.
The Paradox Pokemon are basically someone's OCs brought to life.

While Suicune and Virizion buck the trend that all the others have, I can think of way too many reasons as to Iron Valiant...

It kind of seems like you guys are all missing the point of these legendaries?

The unifying theme between the four designs isn't the random animals it takes form in.

It's the quite identifiable Chinese-reminding artifacts that are the true "bodies" of these spirits.

Whether it be the big vase, the blades, the bead jewelry or the tablets, these are mainstays in any Eastern civilization museums.

It doesn't matter what these artifacts manifested as, (in terms of form). This is the clear unifying element and I gotta say gf really knocked it out of the park with the legendaries.

(although I did hope the tablet on the snail was a bit more highlighted. Like maybe it glows or something)

They aren't based on the four perils they are ''evil spirits that originated from ancient antiques''

The Paradox Pokemon are basically someone's OCs brought to life.

While Suicune and Virizion buck the trend that all the others have, I can think of way too many reasons as to Iron Valiant...
"This is my OC Iron Jugulis, he's like Hydreigon but due to a tragic past and fighting a war he's now a Dark/Flying mon!!!!"

I like past mons better than future, but that's just me.

It kind of seems like you guys are all missing the point of these legendaries?

The unifying theme between the four designs isn't the random animals it takes form in.

It's the quite identifiable Chinese-reminding artifacts that are the true "bodies" of these spirits.

Whether it be the big vase, the blades, the bead jewelry or the tablets, these are mainstays in any Eastern civilization museums.

It doesn't matter what these artifacts manifested as, (in terms of form). This is the clear unifying element and I gotta say gf really knocked it out of the park with the legendaries.

(although I did hope the tablet on the snail was a bit more highlighted. Like maybe it glows or something)
Huh, that's neat i had no idea of the concept of the Four Perils being the malevolent counterparts of the Four Guardians. That explains why i didn't get their design at all the more you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)