SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Beautiful, lets hope it stays that way ;>
Even if it doesn't Maushold still has a lot of potential as a vgc mon.

Friend guard and cheek pouches are excellent vgc abilities

Notable moves: Follow me (only owned by two other mons of similar bulk), taunt, thunder wave, helping hand, after you (currently the fastest user of it outside of the chlorophyl tech liligant), charm, u-turn, switcheroo, encore, super fang, chilling water.

Might be a niche pick for vgc but they have a lot of value for doubles and I am really intrigued to see what people do with them in that format.

Something I've been meaning to ask. Is chilling water a spread move?

Well if it helps you any, it looks like that Quagsire is 1:1 match up with BDSP

So at the very least we'll probably have like 3/4ths of the dex in this style by the time DLC is done!
Still, better than what Let's Go and SwSh were going with, with only certain fully evolved species having the new minis, to the point it looked like a half-ass even in-game.

By the way I wanted to confirm you can get HAs from raid
View attachment 465056
Also forget what i said 5 star raids don't fuck around, we couldnt beat it with NPCs despite using Flutter Mane so just resorted to check its ability with Gardevoir
That's going to be a biggie. Now the question is *which* Pokemon can be found in these Raids. Will also likely be an avenue for Pokemon that don't have access to HAs, too. Question: do the starters have Raids?

What are the conditions for failing a raid? I remember SwSh's raids feeling mostly like fake difficulty because the main loss condition was 4 mons fainting and the raid boss would just noob farm the NPCs.

That's going to be a biggie. Now the question is *which* Pokemon can be found in these Raids. Will also likely be an avenue for Pokemon that don't have access to HAs, too. Question: do the starters have Raids?
As of now this kinda looks different from how it worked in SwSh, as there's no "dens" they just spawn around in probably predetermined but otherwise random locations.

That said i'm like 100% sure there's no starter raids and these will be distributed via events / event raids as per usual.
I just noticed Maushold has friend guard and much better stats than clefairy. It will 100% have a presence in doubles.
Except the part Clefairy could use Eviolite to actually tank hits, while the mice are made of basically paper.
What are the conditions for failing a raid? I remember SwSh's raids feeling mostly like fake difficulty because the main loss condition was 4 mons fainting and the raid boss would just noob farm the NPCs.
You're on a literal timer, every time someone dies the timer goes down a bit + that person is also dead for 5 seconds.

As of now this kinda looks different from how it worked in SwSh, as there's no "dens" they just spawn around in probably predetermined but otherwise random locations.

That said i'm like 100% sure there's no starter raids and these will be distributed via events / event raids as per usual.

Except the part Clefairy could use Eviolite to actually tank hits, while the mice are made of basically paper.

You're on a literal timer, every time someone dies the timer goes down a bit + that person is also dead for 5 seconds.
I think maushold speed will make it a decent user of moves like encore, taunt, fake tears, charm.

Got bored and did some calcs that I find really funny.

So baxcalibur as either a dragon dancer or scarf user seems pretty likely. Do you know what can counter him? Tinkaton.

252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 84+ Def Tinkaton: 240-284 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

174 Atk Tinkaton Megaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 356-422 (95.9 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Bax with +1 earthquake has a 81.3% chance to one shot tinkaton but the fact tinkaton can go toe to toe with this monster is funny.

Got bored and did some calcs that I find really funny.

So baxcalibur as either a dragon dancer or scarf user seems pretty likely. Do you know what can counter him? Tinkaton.

252 Atk Baxcalibur Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 84+ Def Tinkaton: 240-284 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

174 Atk Tinkaton Megaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 356-422 (95.9 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Bax with +1 earthquake has a 81.3% chance to one shot tinkaton but the fact tinkaton can go toe to toe with this monster is funny.
Ryozo from Capcom (Monster Hunter developer) coming through. Also a hammer main.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)