SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

SWSH had a local wondertrade option, so there may still be hope for being able to obtain the ribbon without chucking your treasured Pokémon out into the ether. I guess we’ll have to see if SV kept that function, and then also have to pray that no one walks by your two switches while you’re trading. There’s something else for folks with the game to check out, I suppose.

Or hey, maybe the inevitable DLC will give us some option to give the ribbon. Here’s hoping.

SWSH had a local wondertrade option, so there may still be hope for being able to obtain the ribbon without chucking your treasured Pokémon out into the ether. I guess we’ll have to see if SV kept that function, and then also have to pray that no one walks by your two switches while you’re trading. There’s something else for folks with the game to check out, I suppose.

Or hey, maybe the inevitable DLC will give us some option to give the ribbon. Here’s hoping.
When it comes to enhancing the exploration part of a game, nothing quite beats incentivizing the player to go camping in the wild IRL to get that sweet, sweet ribbon in peace. :totodiLUL:

When it comes to enhancing the exploration part of a game, nothing quite beats incentivizing the player to go camping in the wild IRL to get that sweet, sweet ribbon in peace. :totodiLUL:
It's negative 40F outside. I huddle for warmth by the dying fire, my tent long since shredded by the obliterating winds of the arctic. No respite for miles, only flat, desolate tundra. The voracious howls of desperate predators echo dully in my frostbitten ears. Uncurling my aching, withered finger, I gingerly press A upon my device - all hope of salvation tied to what may be my final act.

Another trade. Another ribbon.

Life is good.

:blobpensive:

So.. I don't know if this is known or not, but.. I like a fair amount of character customisation in video games, and I really like hairpins, skirts, and long socks. Are those in the games? or will I just need to roll about with the default design for the rest of the game? ;w;
I can tell you that there are a LOT of shops for clothing. While the uniform selection is limited, accessory selection seems to be pretty wide.

I don't think the starmobile has ever been shown as on the ground? especially with its back wheels being varoom, it always looked to me like a hover car kicking up a lot of dirt to stay afloat. I think these are just another set of floating steel types (though usually those have levitate, and don't have wheels lmao).
Bit late, was asleep.

As the resident fanboy for this style of Steel type, it's worth noting that Levitate isn't actually that common within the group. The bronzor line has it (sometimes), but the magnemite line, beldum line, klink line, honedge line, klefki, and kartana all don't (all except kartana do at least learn Magnet Rise)

I think Pawmot with volt absorb might be able to get it off with some ease since we might see some specs Miraidon running around. But two? That's pushing it and is probably for the memes
Realistically you'd run Scarf on it, get the switch in on Miraidon or as a revenge kill and aim to Revival Blessing before your opponent can act. Your Scarf Pawmot can also them pull double duty as a Volt Switch user with non-negligible offensive presence under Electric Terrain, which seems better than getting greedy with Leppa Berries. I was going to run Ditto in Ubers this gen, but then I realised that having your Ditto choice locked is a bad idea for the same reason that it's a bad idea on most things it's intended to force out, so Pawmot might be an alternative worth experimenting with. The main downside is that a Pawmot choiced into Revival Blessing provides your opponent with an otherwise very scarce opportunity to set up for free, which could well end up costing you more momentum than reviving a core Pokemon will gain.

I think people are going to figure out pretty fast that choice items on a mon like Miraidon whose STABs both have common immunities is a bad idea in a format where conceding momentum is basically suicide, and Pawmot will exacerbate that further if it sees any serious use. And if it sees use anywhere it will be Ubers, a format which readily accepts some mons being centralising components of the format where half-duplicating specific essential Pokemon could be worth the team slot.

Just now funding out that Revival Blessing doesn't KO the user.

Brb, gonna pray to Arceus that TPCI band the move from VGC.

Probably won't happen but TCG cards have been banner before so maybe.

I can tell you that there are a LOT of shops for clothing. While the uniform selection is limited, accessory selection seems to be pretty wide.
..do you know if there are hairpins and thigh highs though? I'm sad about the lack of skirts, but I can deal with it if there are hairpins.

Just now funding out that Revival Blessing doesn't KO the user.

Brb, gonna pray to Arceus that TPCI band the move from VGC.

Probably won't happen but TCG cards have been banner before so maybe.
I think you overestimate that move in VGC. You have to run Pawmot to run it in first place, which is already enough of a detriment as is in a meta that will be absolutely full of paradoxes (expecially ancient ones as Torkoal is actually a good VGC pokemon while Pincurchin isn't).

In singles smogon sure, expecially in lower tiers I can see the move getting nuked as there Pawmot may actually be on par power level so you're not playing 5v6 just for the onetime revive (tecnically 2, but leppa berry basically means you may not even get it ever off + knock off is a thing).

But in VGC, reviving a pokemon at 50% while also basically playing 3v4 is likely far too high of a price to pay.
..do you know if there are hairpins and thigh highs though? I'm sad about the lack of skirts, but I can deal with it if there are hairpins.
There's a bunch of clothing shops with the socks icon, so i'm quite confident thigh highs are in these.

I'd assume hairpins are in the accessory shops instead.

Idk why they opted to separate the clothing shops this time... I assume they did it for the sake of creating a bit more "realistic" cities, still not a fan of how dispersive the shops are in these games though.

Because I was curious, I looked it up. Here is the list of Orre Shadow Pokemon that have a valid passport for all of Galar, Hisui and Paldea

Colloseum
Sudowoodo
Scizor
Heracross
Sneasel

XD
Golduck
Magneton
Chansey
Scyther
Ralts
Snorunt

I'm sure the DLC might slightly increase the list. I'm not sure when or how but I really hope someone out there really is crazy enough to actually grab all the ribbons, including OIAL, completely legit. imo the coolest mon to do it with would be a Purified Shadow Scyther from XD evolved into a Kleavor.

Request for anyone with the game:

SWSH had a feature that allowed you to "equip" ribbons on the ribbon screen. When you tossed out a Pokemon, it'd come out with a title like "X the Galar Champion". Is this still feature still in SV? In SWSH you could just press A on the mark / ribbon screen and select your title. If anyone has a mark or ribbon on their Pokemon, could you verify if it can or can't be equipped?

I think you overestimate that move in VGC.
True that Pawmot won't be much of an offender with it but Rabsca, who can itself set Trick Room, might be more of a hassle. Like almost everything else in the game, we'll have to wait and see, I just hope you're right about it not being used much.

True that Pawmot won't be much of an offender with it but Rabsca, who can itself set Trick Room, might be more of a hassle. Like almost everything else in the game, we'll have to wait and see, I just hope you're right about it not being used much.
Sorta, while it can set trick room, bug/psychic is hardly the type you want for your TR setter. Being weak to rock and the very likely omnipresent fire is a recipe for disaster, on top of having no defense against Status, Fake Out or Taunt other than the item and it has competition with MUCH more interesting trick room setters like Farigiraf, Oranguru or (when it's unleashed) Cresselia, who offer istant utility after TR is set.
Consider that the TR setter is going to be very likely already struggling for moveset, as it needs trick room and protect + at least one offensive move and something else, and TR setters are not likely to be able to use that move in first place, due to the fact they're the first to send out so you'd need something else to die first, and then you are struggling to also actually set back trick room.

Idk, I don't see the move really making a splash as is. Maybe later when restricteds are allowed and reviving the restricted may actually warrant playing 3v4 in some cases, but for now, I'm skeptical that Pawmot and Rabsca will see any VGC play other than low ladder cheese

Sorta, while it can set trick room, bug/psychic is hardly the type you want for your TR setter. Being weak to rock and the very likely omnipresent fire is a recipe for disaster, on top of having no defense against Status, Fake Out or Taunt other than the item and it has competition with MUCH more interesting trick room setters like Farigiraf, Oranguru or (when it's unleashed) Cresselia, who offer istant utility after TR is set.
Consider that the TR setter is going to be very likely already struggling for moveset, as it needs trick room and protect + at least one offensive move and something else, and TR setters are not likely to be able to use that move in first place, due to the fact they're the first to send out so you'd need something else to die first, and then you are struggling to also actually set back trick room.

Idk, I don't see the move really making a splash as is. Maybe later when restricteds are allowed and reviving the restricted may actually warrant playing 3v4 in some cases, but for now, I'm skeptical that Pawmot and Rabsca will see any VGC play other than low ladder cheese
Revival Blessing aside, I think we'll see a decent amount of Pawmot. 115 Attack and 105 Speed are a combo to be respected. It'll mostly be a glass cannon tho, with Wild Charge sapping HP and Close Combat lowering your defenses.

Revival Blessing aside, I think we'll see a decent amount of Pawmot. 115 Attack and 105 Speed are a combo to be respected. It'll mostly be a glass cannon tho, with Wild Charge sapping HP and Close Combat lowering your defenses.
Don't get me wrong Pawmot is miles above pretty much every pikaclone, actually having acceptable BST and even actually having solid moveset to go with it.
But it's still miles below the 4 ruin legendaries and the paradoxes, as well as some other monsters like annihilape who'll just run it over.

Did... Did you not notice the Starmobiles are hovercraft?
Every time I saw the starmobile it was with a giant cloud of dust

or the camera otherwise not lingering on the lower half (exept that one time the pre-evo wheels were also on the ground)

which I took to mean was their way to hide that the wheels were barely-but-not-quite touching the ground for game engine purposes in the same way Koraidon & Miraidon often have a bunch of grass get kicked up so you don't notice

What do you mean when you say HP is gone? Hidden Power?

Not sure why they should remove IVs. They should make breeding harder if anything.
Yeah I meant Hidden Power.

If they make breeding harder then only cheater will play the competitive game. The switch is hard to hack right now. If IVs didn't exist people would have less reason to cheat.

The next thing they should do is implement Evs like Mario & Luigi & Dragon Quest. Where whenever you level up, you get points that can be place into any stats are once.
This makes it so your ingame team can be use in online out the gate and also give the game a natural way of building your mon
For reference
20211104_225441.jpg

Last edited:
I know that some of the data from Dex, Move, etc. is already out there, but does anyone know which files they were actually extracted from?
I was able to get text and textures successfully, but I can't find anything at all regarding parameters.
unkfile.png

How are battle animations? On par with the last few games? Are there any notably flashy attack animations or particle effects?

I have only seen 3 in game battles on twitter but they only used simplistic looking attacks. I noticed some battles seem to be instances (gym battles) and are differently handled from overworld battles in the field. Instances battles root the Pokémon into a specific spot and animations seemed more grandiose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)