SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I finished writing the post before the edit :P

As I said, don't get me wrong, I 100% understand the annoyance at the removal of that kind of stuff.

But aside from keeping certain "grinds" just because you need to give a reason to people to actually play the game after beating it (es, having ability patches drop from high tier raids, or requiring you to actually get the money to buy said items), at this point it is kinda realistic that they start cutting all the unnecessary / underused features.

Ultimately, we have to always remember that this is a children game, where the only reason most adults play it is for the PvP side, and the way GF goes around it is having relatively charming and simple single player experience, with a more complex and intricate PvP format, which they have been making progressively more accessible over the years.

They prolly looked around for feedback to like 100 people 90 of which were 10 year old kids and the other 10 being VGC players, and I'm pretty confident none of them ever bothered to click "Set" in the menu. Or play a facility for more than the bare minimum for BPs (if even, as most actual pvpers just genned their pokes before gen 8 despite what anyone could think). Or changed sound options apparently since these were hidden in gen 8.

No really I still don't understand the sound option bit... and it's been 2 years...
I feel like Gamefreak takes feedback more than people give them credit for. They didn’t randomly change that a bunch of the flying type Pokémon are now grounded, or that new Pokémon since PLA have been given far more interesting posing (even extending to changing old lines, even in subtle ways). They do look at what people say online and work from there.

Of course, this doesn’t change your fundamental point, since most people don’t play with set even in the Pokémon community online. Most youtubers (who are the hubs for a lot of game design opinions in this series) don’t even play with it.

I feel like Gamefreak takes feedback more than people give them credit for. They didn’t randomly change that a bunch of the flying type Pokémon are now grounded, or that new Pokémon since PLA have been given far more interesting posing (even extending to changing old lines, even in subtle ways). They do look at what people say online and work from there.

Of course, this doesn’t change your fundamental point, since most people don’t play with set even in the Pokémon community online. Most youtubers (who are the hubs for a lot of game design opinions in this series) don’t even play with it.
Yeh that's what I meant when I said
Nah, as much as we can not like certain choices they have made lately, there's logic behind them. Questionable sometimes, but logic nontheless.
While there's things I still facepalm myself on (mostly on data side), there's generally some thought on what they do.
Even catastrophes like the dexit "scandal" were tecnically thinks they thought about and just uuuh handled them completely wrong.

Despite what I can seem to say, I don't think there's any "Masuda woke up and decided that today we nerf toxapex and buff lando-T", and even pretty much all of the balance changes of this generation have logic behind them as long as one reminds that they're done toward VGC/BSS.
Even the fact that the poor Zamazenta didn't deserve the stat nerfs, but his BST have to mirror Zacian's....

Perhaps it's just a conspiracy in my head but while I'm thankful for the changes you mentioned that they do make because they listened it sometimes feels like they limit themselves to a "quota" of changes they can allow and if they go over it they have to take away something else.

Which is why people often say it's one step forward etc.

Yeah, it is fun but not in the same way other Pokemon games are. Battling is a chore in that one.
Somewhat, once you figure out that you need to think differently from mainline as far as battle go, it's not that bad.

However, the main thing I like of Arceus is that similarly to what they've done with SV (but in a much larger scale in SV) the world is sooo big and full of places to explore.

Like, unironically, if there is one thing I praise both games on, is how polished the world is. SV has a bit more "nothing" areas due to it being a single map with no transitions, but still does give that feel of exploration that openworlds are meant to give.

...ofc in neither games, don't expect them to be Skyrim or BotW, the maps arent THAT complex, but still, personally I like the work they did for both.

Though... GF really need to work on the camera... it's not bad but it does occasionally go into weird positions where the transparencies get messed up lol

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey, finally finished reading everything, great job again to you all! I have two questions! :
- How do you get three rings Dudunsparce?
- Everyone is telling me something different, so at the end of the day, is CC boosted by Iron Fist or not? And did Iron Fist get a raise to get on Sharpness level ?

Somewhat, once you figure out that you need to think differently from mainline as far as battle go, it's not that bad.
It is bad in trainer battles when they have a proper team, because you will get revenge killed without having a chance to react; punished for doing the right thing.

Yeah I'm still salty about Volo oneshotting my Shaymin-S without giving me a chance to Earth Power his Arcanine.

It is bad in trainer battles when they have a proper team, because you will get revenge killed without having a chance to react; punished for doing the right thing.
Well the thing is, in that game the "proper team" is actually stacking defensive pokemon lol

Lmao I can buy Leftovers for 20k dollarydoos after the third badge
No, no.

That's not story progression locked. You can get it asap as long as you know where the store is. :totodiLUL:

From Centro - Previously all Pokémon had a singular Form ID value. For example, regional variants and gender differences both are forms in past generations.

However, starting with Gen 9 we now have 3 values:

- Form ID
- Subform ID
- Regional Variant ID

Does this mean we can abandon hard species clause and move to form clause? There’s an ingame value that we can reference. The number of regional variants continues to grow and I genuinely don’t understand at this point why tauros and tauros-p can’t be on the same team.
That is very easy to check with the datamines available and to be very honest, I don't remember this EVER being a thing.

Sounds like Centro is talking out of their ass again.

This is an interesting proposal though.

Do we know how much Sharpness boosts by? Heard 50%, but that seems a bit high with what Iron Fist, Tough Claws, and Sheer Force boost.

Would've assumed 20%.
50%. I've seen it myself.

Don't get me wrong, I've basically theorymon'd this exact ability before, and wanted nothing more than exactly that, but 112 BP Razor Shells with 50% Defense drops is just funny :psysly:
H-Samurott will be scary if Razor Shell made it and is a cutting move.

Its signature move is already good enough to push it to some viability.
Oh one thing I could use confirmation on: we were not able to use X-items in story battles / gym leader fights, the game would let you use them but say they had no effect there. Potions/Revives/etc worked normally however.

To all of my IGTL haters that bitched about me taking a dump on X-Items! Hold that L!!!

Oh, btw, just a heads-up. Disobedient mons can still be used in Raids to fold low level ones and for breeding purposes, so if y'all want to say, catch the new pseudo just to breed one and use it in the main story, that's perfectly viable. (Just be careful with the potential amie boosts. :trode:)

...I'm somewhat scared fo what the "you can't take it off" answer was for....
School uniforms.

GF said: "Thou shall have noooo drip, thou shall have nooooo Frontier, and most importantly! Thou shall have nooooooooooooo bitches!"

Can't wait for mods for these WACK uniforms tbh. Those are probably the worst things I've seen in a minute.

So.. I don't know if this is known or not, but.. I like a fair amount of character customisation in video games, and I really like hairpins, skirts, and long socks. Are those in the games? or will I just need to roll about with the default design for the rest of the game? ;w;
You get customization for everything but shirts and pants from what I've seen.

It's kinda ridiculous tbh. There's only so much a pair of shades and timbs can do when you gotta wear orange shorts/pants.

The spring uniform even got suspenders. :blobnauseated:

Idk, I don't see the move really making a splash as is.
True. Offense is the name of the game, so while Pawmot is definitely not deadweight, it'll be hard to get it in, pull off the revive, then do something else, and the mon that's coming back still needs to get back in with all kinds of hazards on the field at 50% HP.

I see it as more of a thing Pawmot will want to do if it has the chance, but not something it's built for. Max HP/Speed builds with Leppa for revive cheese sounds like a noob trap.

If I were to use it, I'd abuse its offensive potential because people absolutely cannot put in a wall like say, Scream Tail against it because that would give me a free revive.

Also any time you use a teralyzed attack (no matter if superstab or "acquired stab"), a separate animation showing that the pokemon is "taking energy from the tera-hat" plays before it, to emphatise that the attack is getting extra power from the teralyzation.
emphatise

Worldie, are you trying to set up snow with these jokes? :totodiLUL:
Don't worry, speedrunners will already be in shambles at trying to figure how to break this game for a couple months. The "loss" of Switch isn't going to be felt cause knowing them they'll just spam a single pokemon anyway :psysly:
It's more than that. I haven't seen the "Disable animations" option in those menu options screenshots.

Speedrunners LAWST.

Marks/ribbons are in and can be equipped. They display a toast in battle like in SWSH. However, you can't see them or enable/disable them in the box (but you see they have one but it's not equipped), they have to be in your party for some reason. This in an infuriating downgrade from SWSH, but I'm only on version 1.0.0 so I hope that gets fixed.

Awhile back someone asked about apriballs. Here's a picture of the rewards track of the pokedex, which shows them as reward tiers for completion:

Oh hey, that's nice... Wait, is that a Dawn Stone!? :zonger:

How many for that? Catch or encounter?

The tera type is randomly generated (though certain tera-spawns have fixed type).

You can change it relatively easily, collecting 50 tera-shards of the type you want to gain (each tera raid usually drops 1-5 of them) and then bringing the pokemon to the dedicated NPC.
From what I've seen, most regular encounters have a fixed Tera type (For example, Pawmi is always Electric)

Raids are "random" for now, we don't have enough data on them.

Tera Shards seem to be higher level raid rewards, 1/2 Stars don't really give them, but you can find some on former raid points after you beat them iirc.

I don't think we'll know how raids work for sure until the game is out.
E-sports have a lot of potential as far as money making goes, and Nintendo knows it.

Incidentally, I am quite confident they have been the final nail in the coffin for the facilities too.
Not only they had very small user base, but many VGC players complained of the tedium of having to grind the facilities for BPs.

What a surprise, no facility in gen 9, and all of the PvP related items as well as mints and caps can be bought in shops, hypertrain is suddently at level 50.

Nah, as much as we can not like certain choices they have made lately, there's logic behind them. Questionable sometimes, but logic nontheless.
They got a LOT to work on presentation-wise if they want VGC to turn into an e-sports game.

Also, I have a slightly different theory on the lack of facilities and the conspicuous lack of post-game...

Frontier DLC, you heard it here first folks, no bullshit riddles, I'm giving it to y'all straight from my time machine.
Goku Copium chamber.png

This game is all about Paradoxes, so if I imagine it hard enough, it'll become true dammit!!! :puff:

Marks/ribbons are in and can be equipped. They display a toast in battle like in SWSH. However, you can't see them or enable/disable them in the box (but you see they have one but it's not equipped), they have to be in your party for some reason. This in an infuriating downgrade from SWSH, but I'm only on version 1.0.0 so I hope that gets fixed.

Awhile back someone asked about apriballs. Here's a picture of the rewards track of the pokedex, which shows them as reward tiers for completion:

Awwww shit it’s even easier to get the first ones than initially thought repeatable I assume is through post game tournaments and potentially auctions as well hehe

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
- Everyone is telling me something different, so at the end of the day, is CC boosted by Iron Fist or not? And did Iron Fist get a raise to get on Sharpness level ?
1668442729328.png

Dunno where people got the idea that it's Fist from. Prolly saw the Ground Type Close combat being punch and assumed the same applied.

As for dudunsparce, while I can't confirm anything, i'd assume its just a random chance like with moushold's number of kids

You get customization for everything but shirts and pants from what I've seen.

It's kinda ridiculous tbh. There's only so much a pair of shades and timbs can do when you gotta wear orange shorts/pants.

The spring uniform even got suspenders. :blobnauseated:
So um.. any confirmation on thigh-highs and hairpins? It's what I'm banking on the most.. ;w;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)