SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

You know the list of removed moves that was posted a while ago? It turns out some of them actually are still in the game and do work, even though the text data was scrubbed and marked as invalid.

So yeah, Game Freak probably removed some of those for DLC.
that's neat, do you have a list in progress?

SWSH & BDSP were similar but their situations are a little different; BDSP even had a few moves seemingly all ready to go and just...decided against.

Here's the original google drive link from Abyzab for all the individual item images if you want to comb through it and look at ingredients.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rPpIzyWRidSKoAwQyWwiVg9hTyjU-8r3
It still does not include the Timer Ball which would have been item 10.

You know the list of removed moves that was posted a while ago? It turns out some of them actually are still in the game and do work, even though the text data was scrubbed and marked as invalid.

So yeah, Game Freak probably removed some of those for DLC.
This sounds pretty much like how SWSH and BDSP handled it, the move data is in but they get a generic description (or not in some signature move cases which some lists still get wrong) and are unclickable.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think this is true? I found a shiny Psyduck earlier and it did sparkle once the battle started.
I am positively sure it didn't sparkle, to the point I thought I was imagining things and this was Gible's normal color scheme (yes, even though there was a normal Gible just behind it).

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi there, I have two questions !
- Do we have the boost of Supreme Overlord ?
- Do we have footage of Revival Blessing being used ?

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
oh that's right slp had a new item ID dump, I can cross reference that. This was from the base game, not the update
https://pastebin.com/ksERYyJR

1829: Rotom Phone
1830: Sandwich
1831: Koraidon’s Poké Ball
1832: Miraidon’s Poké Ball
1833: Tera Orb
1834: Scarlet Book
1835: Violet Book
1836: Kofu’s Wallet (the venonat "book")
1837:
1838:
1839:
1840:
1841:
1842: Tiny Bamboo Shoot
1843: Big Bamboo Shoot
1844:
1845:
1846:
1847:
1848:
1849:
1850:
1851:
1852:
1853:
1854:
1855:
1856:
1857: Scroll of Darkness
1858: Scroll of Waters
1859: <- Weird crystals goes here
1860: <- Weird disc thing goes here
1861: Malicious Armor

1862 to 1879 are the tera shards
1880 to 1886 are the new held items
1887 is blank
1888 to 1946 are sandwich items

1947 to 1955 are all blank

1956 to 2159 are pokemon drops. These are all represented by the same icon (the bag at the end of the sandwich ingredients and before the TMs)
There's actually several blank spots within there

2160 to 2231 are TM100- 171
2232 to 2310 are all blank
2311 is the Picnic Set
2312 is also blank

After that is a bunch of Picnic items (with various blank) like bottles and baskets and tableclothes that just wasn't in the item image that was posted.
except that for some reason in the middle of those, surrounded by blanks, are the charcadet evolution items
(blah blah blah)
2342: Blue Poké Ball Pick
2343:
2344: Auspicious Armor
2345: Leader’s Crest
2346:
2347:
2348: Pink Bottle
(blah blah blah)

e: Actually I think maybe Leader's Crest is for Bisharp's evolution? idk
It is.

I'm assuming money is in limited supply or can you just keep earning money by replaying gyms? Yet we can't seem to replay the champions which is kind of odd.
I am positively sure it didn't sparkle, to the point I thought I was imagining things and this was Gible's normal color scheme (yes, even though there was a normal Gible just behind it).
It should sparkle when the battle starts

ok seeing the vavroom in fully motion now i see they really are going for the "its also secretly a ghost" thing the way its tilting all over
it just looks exceptoinally silly on revavroom

Bit surprised it didn't get a Steelworker-type ability to use ghost stab instead of *checks its abilities again* Overcoat and Filter...

ok seeing the vavroom in fully motion now i see they really are going for the "its also secretly a ghost" thing the way its tilting all over
it just looks exceptoinally silly on revavroom

Bit surprised it didn't get a Steelworker-type ability to use ghost stab instead of *checks its abilities again* Overcoat and Filter...
Don't forget Varoom's Hidden Ability, a formerly Legendary-Exclusive one!!!

Slow Start. :trode:

I think those are for Armarouge and Ceruledge there at the end
No, the crest is for Bisharp. Armarouge and Ceruledge use Bronzor and Sinistea drops respectively.

I'm just not sure how though. Do we have any info on that? Is it like a Applin situation where technically both evos can be gotten in the same game but you just don't naturally get the item?

Does anyone know the Pokédex categories/species for the following Pokémon? These are the only ones I'm still missing.
  • Wugtrio
  • Dondozo
  • Dolliv
  • Arboliva
  • Scovillain
  • Revavroom
  • Frigibax
  • Arctibax
  • Baxcalibur
  • Pawmo
  • Pawmot
  • Masbosstiff
  • Brambleghast

Back in Gen 6 and 7, a lot of folks would add a Mega as a period at the end. Z-Moves were common and obnoxious, but there were several teams or archetypes that didn't use them either. On the Contrary, there was a time where it was rarer to find a team without a Mega than a team without a Z-Move, particularly relevant to VGC since Game Freak pays attention to that, and that probably is what ticked them off, and made them stop the transfer of Mega Stones.
And that doesn't tell you that the mechanic was overpowered and needed either fixing or removal?

And that doesn't tell you that the mechanic was overpowered and needed either fixing or removal?
Overpowered? Depends entirely on the 'Mon. It bolstered fan favorites like Pinsir, Mawile, Gardevoir and such to viable levels.

The issue was 'Mons that didn't need one, got one, making already strong Pokemon even stronger, that, or abilities that were blatantly broken(Pre-nerf Parential Bond).

Something like, Mega Aggron, Mega Gyrados, etc I'd be hard pressed to call broken, it's when you give them to already strong Pokemon, or ones with broken abilities(Blaziken, Mawile).

So one Pokemon I think could be interesting with some of it's new moves and mechanics is Glaceon. Getting access to Aurora Veil, Calm Mind, Ice Body, and the boost to it's already notable Defense. Especially if the 100% accurate blizzard in snow is still a thing. Obviously it's held back by the usual problems with Eeveelutions but it could have more chance to do something than it ever has.
Chilling Water also seems like a new fun option for Glaceon. Technically a coverage option against Fire- and Rock-type pokémon, but really the guaranteed Attack drop seems like it would be useful for a bulky Glaceon set.

Speaking of eeveelutions, since Night Shade was a TM now, I was low-key hoping that Umbreon would get it. Alas, a Night Shade / Wish / Calm Mind / Dark Pulse set was not meant to be :psysad:

The concept of Mega evolution isn't a one size fits all mechanic, since every Mega evolution is entirely different.

You have shit like Mega Metagross or Salamence which is way too strong

You have shit like Mega Audino, which, exists

And then you have shit like Mega Garchomp, which had its stats power-budgeted to be less appealing than its base form.

It bolstered fan favorites like Pinsir, Mawile, Gardevoir and such to viable levels.
Literally who...

Never mind that. I hope that Mega was worth it, because now they haven't gotten an evo despite very obviously needing one. Megas are the most likely cause for that.

Anything that didn't have a 3rd stage shouldn't even have been considered when developing Megas since they could still evolve, but GF messed up. Good job to everyone involved.

Also, if we're being honest, Megas reek. Power creep like crazy, a lot of horrendous designs, and a lot of the mons that got it were either busted or suffered for it because they're doomed to be trash forever without them.

How is Mega Audino broken? That's like saying legendaries need either fixing or removal because Zacian exists.
Oh right, thanks for reminding me of the ones that flat-out sucked and were wastes of Mega Slots.

It's great that they're gone, and I sincerely hope they stay gone.

Does anyone know where to get the Earthquake TM? Is it possible to obtain it before the Pokemon League?

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, I'm new here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)