SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Just in case anyone was having trouble interpreting this:
A Disk Pokemon?
While separated from the research team in the crater's depths, I found a strange entity. Whether it was a Pokemon, or even alive at all, I know (knew?) not. It bore a shell with layers or overlapping hexagons, and gleamed brighter still than a gemstone. Viewed as a whole, it resembled a mysterious, brilliant disk.

Not sure if its know or knew, but the rest is mostly obvious. I don't know if there is significance to the censored text, could be a scrambled message maybe.
pm1098_00_00_00_big.png

Also, do we know what the debuff value is for the legendary quartet is yet?

Here are some others, for the other paradox Pokemon:
Code:
DEV_ADONFAN = 978
DEV_AMOROBARERU = 979
DEV_AREAKOIRU = 981
DEV_APURIN = 982
DEV_AMUUMA = 983
DEV_AURUGAMOSU = 984
DEV_BDONFAN = 986
DEV_BURUGAMOSU = 988
DEV_BHARITEYAMA = 989
DEV_BSAZANDORA = 990
DEV_BBANGIRASU = 991
DEV_BKOORI = 992
DEV_AIGUANA = 998
DEV_BIGUANA = 999
Can we get the full list? This is very interesting.

Just in case anyone was having trouble interpreting this:
A Disk Pokemon?
While separated from the research team in the crater's depths, I found a strange entity. Whether it was a Pokemon, or even alive at all, I know (knew?) not. It bore a shell with layers or overlapping hexagons, and gleamed brighter still than a gemstone. Viewed as a whole, it resembled a mysterious, brilliant disk.

Not sure if its know or knew, but the rest is mostly obvious. I don't know if there is significance to the censored text, could be a scrambled message maybe.
View attachment 465735
Also, do we know what the debuff value is for the legendary quartet is yet?
pretty confident it’s a 25% debuff from what I’ve seen of them in action. Someone else in this thread said the same.

View attachment 465727
I've just uploaded something fun, heh.

That was probably the most anticipated thing, now we can really get into team/route planning, thanks a lot!

The more I look at Tandemous, the more I see an absolute juggernaut of a Pokemon that will destroy everything it has its mitts on.

Population Bomb + Technician is absolutely insane, and leads into some stupid stuff, such as (note: +2 is used to emulate 10 hits, since +2 2 hits roughly equals 4 hits):

+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 160-190 (46.9 - 55.7%) -- approx. 69.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 40 HP / 216+ Def Alomomola: 290-350 (60.2 - 72.7%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Garchomp: 315-375 (75 - 89.2%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 185-225 (60.8 - 74%) -- approx. 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Amoonguss: 335-405 (77.5 - 93.7%) -- approx. 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

This thing WILL, not if, plow through non-invested, non-resistant Pokemon like tissue paper. You cannot switch into it unless you have the aforementioned 'mon, in which case it can even set up on you with Tidy Up. And as for priority...well...as an example:

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eevee: 204-242 (70.5 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
--to--
+2 252 Atk Technician Eevee Fury Attack (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 360-425 (102.5 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not enough to KO it, but more than enough to set up or KO you straight up. To be very, very honest, I would not be surprised if Rocky Helmet counterplay was done in order to counter this, along with proper resists or Ghost-immunities. This is a very dangerous 'mon that will absolutely need to be factored in every team, lest they are destroyed on the spot.
*Switches in Rough Skin Rocky Helmet Garchomp*
Pokemon Mouse augh scream panic terror.png

I know but that won't help in formats where it is banned...

I just want espeon to have something other than baton passing
To be fair, a set of Psychic/Gleam/Shadow Ball/CM or Reflect isn't exactly bad.

It's just a Gen 2 mon. We're on Gen 9. Power Creep is a bitch. :mehowth:

View attachment 465729
Damn, I want these to be my first 6 but all of them are physical attackers, what to do…
Slap some coverage move just to play it safe, but honestly, it's really not a problem. It's not like you're going to run into a max Def Skarmory.

I think. :wo:

Fun fact, Skeledirge outclasses its fellow starters in 4 stats, those are HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense, and also has the highest base stat total, with 531 compared to 530 as well as guaranteed Special Attack boost upon using Torch Song.
The unfortunate thing for fire gator is H-Typhlosion's existence soon. Pretty much fully outclasses Skele given their more offensive appropriate typing, especially in doubles with H-Ty getting Eruption.

I expect cat and duck to carve out bigger roles in both metas.

pretty confident it’s a 25% debuff from what I’ve seen of them in action. Someone else in this thread said the same.
I had seen that elsewhere but wanted to confirm. Thanks.
I'm guessing the best way to emulate the defensive abilities on a calculator, for the time being, is with Friend Guard? What about the offensive abilities?

Real talk
View attachment 465716View attachment 465717
Why didn't these guys get Mega Launcher/Sharpness? Armarouge even has access to numerous pulse moves, so it's not like with Magmortar who doesn't have access to pulse moves. Ceruledge would have helped showcase Sharpnesss in Gen 9 Pokemon, and we haven't gotten a new Mega Launcher Pokemon since Gen 6, so why not these abilities than Weak Armor?
This is just a theory but I would argue (competitive) design matters to some degree; there's only so much "interesting" you could do with abilities like Mega Launcher or Sharpness until they become boring or overlap with other Pokémon who share this ability. On paper, Mega Blastoise is a hazard spinner which beats Ghost Pokémon with boosted Dark Pulse. Clawitzer, on the other hand, has boosted Heal Pulse on top of its offensive moves, making it an offensive utility Pokémon in Doubles. On paper, ofc, because whether the developers' intentions succeed is another question.

The unfortunate thing for fire gator is H-Typhlosion's existence soon. Pretty much fully outclasses Skele given their more offensive appropriate typing, especially in doubles with H-Ty getting Eruption.

Would H-Typhlosion and Skeledirge even compete with each other? Seems like they're designed for different roles with their respective stats, movesets and abilities.

Slow fire ghost cant exist in OU and a move that allows you to snowball by spamming it -like torch song- only makes sense if the mon using it is fast enough, which is not the case.

You're greatly overestimating Maushold honestly.
74/70/75 is mediocre at best bulk on a monoNormal, and note that this thing has 111 speed and a meager 75 attack.
111 speed in a format where most mons will be faster, stronger, and 1hkoing it before it can do anything.
It's also extremely monodirectional, it does one thing and one only, other than maybe click Encore on someone that tries to setup on it like a dragon type.
And as you guessed, istantly dies the moment Garchomp or a Rocky Helmet user shows up, on top of being vulnerable to Intimidate, entry hazards, burn and all the stuff phisical attackers are vulnerable to.
You're also not setupping anything btw, the thing doesn't get any setup move (intentionally, most likely) other than Substitute and Agility.

It's the kind of pokemon that'll get King's Rock banned and then drop to the depth of a random lower tier without viable ghost/rock/steel types, and get banned from that one.
Which definitely won't be OU with Dragapult everywhere for one.

Basically Cincinno but slightly less bad. UUBL if lucky, PUBL if not.
If you want to cheese things, Palafin is looking much better since it actually can take a hit or two.

edit: do note that however in VGC the thing may actually see usage, as it has the formerly clefable-line exclusive combo of Follow Me + Friend Guard, and a pretty decent supportive movepool to go with it.
It definitely does more than "one thing." You can Super Fang, Clean Hazards, U-Turn Away, Taunt and Follow Me.

If the new standard OU is gonna be set by things like the quartet, it won't be OU probably, but it will be UU at least I'm betting. There are not a lot of hazard cleaners anymore, and the fact that it sets up while cleaning hazards means you have to respond with something that can survive a +1/+1 Pop Bomb instead of the usual squishy revenge killer.

Would H-Typhlosion and Skeledirge even compete with each other? Seems like they're designed for different roles with their respective stats, movesets and abilities.
Slow fire ghost cant exist in OU and a move that allows you to snowball by spamming it -like torch song- only makes sense if the mon using it is fast enough, which is not the case.
^ That was more or less my point. Even in doubles TR, it isn't going to be able to sit there and just fire off Torch Song's for boosts. Not a lot of hope for it.

It definitely does more than "one thing." You can Super Fang, Clean Hazards, U-Turn Away, Taunt and Follow Me.
That is why I said it'll likely be a thing in VGC/doubles, but just a gimmick or mid-tier banned pokemon in smogon.
Supportive movepool is amazing, but its powerlevel is nowhere what's required for OU, and honestly maybe not even UU considering that, in true FSG scenario, this gen UU may end up resembling gen 8 OU :wo:

This is just a theory but I would argue (competitive) design matters to some degree; there's only so much "interesting" you could do with abilities like Mega Launcher or Sharpness until they become boring or overlap with other Pokémon who share this ability. On paper, Mega Blastoise is a hazard spinner which beats Ghost Pokémon with boosted Dark Pulse. Clawitzer, on the other hand, has boosted Heal Pulse on top of its offensive moves, making it an offensive utility Pokémon in Doubles. On paper, ofc, because whether the developers' intentions succeed is another question.
Ordinarily, I would agree that Pokemon shouldn't overlap with similar Pokemon niches and the developers have some form of foresight, except not only is Mega Blastoise a non factor since SwSh, Armarouge and Clawitzer are version exclusives of opposing games, meaning players only have access to one or the other outside of trading. I'm more annoyed that there was a great opportunity to showcase a new ability (Sharpness) by contrasting it with a relatively underutilized old ability (Mega Launcher) alongside with new moves (Flame Cannon and Bitter Blade) on version exclusives, but comes up short. Heck, the only Gen 9 Pokemon to get Sharpness is Veluza, even though both Ceruledge and Kingambit have signature cutting moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)