SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

honestly I wonder if this hill gyarados was reworked into the earth worm (forgot the name), or if it was scrapped because the concept was too close to it (depends on when each were made in the dev timeline)
I think the latter. The titans are all single stage, and clearly were designed for being massively increased in size. I think it was simply too much overlap between the two designs.

Maybe earth eater got repurposed into Orthworm though.

Dont know if its the right place to ask, but do we know if PLA mons will be added into showdown with the updated gen 9 movesets rigth away or will we have to wait until they drop with home? I know they will be banned from OU

Maybe it is a way to give a parallel to Flutter Mane, since the latter is based of Misdreavus who was once single-staged?
Could also maybe have been a parallel for Scream Tail as the future side’s “cute, diminutive” Paradox mon? AFAIK wherever Scream Tail appears in Scarlet is where Iron Bundle appears in Violet.

I think it’s interesting how there’s really no obvious parallelism between the Pokémon that received ancient and future variants. Really does feel like such a random grab bag of species.

The Power Training Items are available on the first city, if you wanna EV train in-game, it doesn't get any easier than this.

I just can't see *why* when no major battles will do the same tho. If this was BDSP, I'd definitely be using Let's Go + Power Item to train tho.
Welp, turns out that's not happening. I had asked someone that was trying to evolve Pawmo to try it out with a Power Anklet and even after going sicko mode on over 20 mons, its Speed was pretty low.

53 at Lv. 22 low, to be precise. Neutral Nature for Speed purposes, and unknown IVs because ain't nobody doing that kind of calc on random ass leak streams lmao.

Looks like either Power Items don't work with Let's Go, or Let's Go doesn't give EVs at all. :regiF:

Vitamins are likely the best bet for cart EV training again.

you probably wouldn't end up with a team as weak to ground as this even if you were making a mono-rock/fire/steel/poison team lmao but its pokemon in-game, i'll be fine most likely.

MAYBE i'll put smthn like Baxcallibur, Gholdengo, Cetitan or Scovillain over Revavroom, depending on how much i actually end up hating the fact that it apparently floats(i really don't like the fact that it floats)

Attachments

I'm currently trying to figure out what area numbers link to what area names, and so if anyone has played through the games a fair bit and have caught a good chunk of Pokemon, please check to see if you have any Pokemon that match the below criteria.

Code:
(4)  Smoliv      (Olive Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 29)
(4)  Mareep      (Grass/Olive Area,      Lv. 9  to Lv. 19)
(6)  Shelgon     (Cave Area,             Lv. 42 to Lv. 58)
(6)  Flaaffy     (Mountain Area,         Lv. 37 to Lv. 40)
(7)  Zangoose    (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(7)  Seviper     (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(8)  Shinx       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 12)
(8)  Klawf       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 15 to Lv. 65)
(10) Stonjourner (Ruins/Desert Area,     Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(11) Flaaffy     (Grass Area,            Lv. 22 to Lv. 29)
(12) Persian     (Grass/Town Area,       Lv. 28 to Lv. 47)
(13) Impidimp    (Forest Area,           Lv. 16 to Lv. 36)
(13) Morgrem     (Forest Area,           Lv. 32 to Lv. 42)
(13) Shroodle    (Forest Area,           Lv. 5  to Lv. 32)
(13) Grafaiai    (Forest Area,           Lv. 29 to Lv. 51)
(14) Rolycoly    (Mine/Cave Area,        Lv. 5  to Lv. 23)
(14) Carkol      (Mine Area,             Lv. 25 to Lv. 34)
(15) Steenee     (Forest Area,           Lv. 21 to Lv. 47)
(17) Snom        (Snow/Mountain Area,    Lv. 10 to Lv. 40)
(18) Slowbro     (Lake/River/Beach Area, Lv. 37 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dragonair   (Lake Area,             Lv. 50 to Lv. 54)
(18) Forretress  (Forest Area,           Lv. 45 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dondozo     (Lake Area,             Lv. 49 to Lv. 65)
(21) Wigglytuff  (Mountain Area,         Lv. 40 to Lv. 60)
(22) Arcanine    (Bamboo/Rocky Area,     Lv. 47 to Lv. 65)
(22) Houndoom    (Rocky/Cave Area,       Lv. 24 to Lv. 60)
I'll be updating this message as I go through the list and find encounters only linked to a single area.

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to figure out what area numbers link to what area names, and so if anyone has played through the games a fair bit and have caught a good chunk of Pokemon, please check to see if you have any Pokemon that match the below criteria.

Code:
(6)  Shelgon  (Cave Area,             Lv. 42 to Lv. 58)
(7)  Zangoose (Grass or Lake Area,    Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(7)  Seviper  (Grass or Lake Area,    Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(8)  Shinx    (Rocky Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 12)
(12) Persian  (Grass or Town Area,    Lv. 28 to Lv. 47)
(13) Impidimp (Forest Area,           Lv. 16 to Lv. 36)
(15) Steenee  (Forest Area,           Lv. 21 to Lv. 47)
(17) Snom     (Snow or Mountain Area, Lv. 10 to Lv. 40)
I'll be updating this message as I go through the list and find encounters only linked to a single area.
Out of these, I've only seen Shinx and Snom.

Snom, predictably, is everywhere in the north mountains.
Shinx is on that rocky maze early game. Near where you fight Titan Klawf

I'll try to find some map screenshots with the area names, but I'm sure the Shinx one was "South Province (Area Three)" because the streamer kept opening the map because they were lost af lmao.

Edit: Yes, the provinces have multiple areas.

Also, I just remembered that Gallade can be found on Glaseado Mountain because of that Sharpness test. The thing about that one is that Glaseado is the entire snow mountain and then some.

Last edited:
Out of these, I've only seen Shinx and Snom.

Snom, predictably, is everywhere in the north mountains.
Shinx is on that rocky maze early game. Near where you fight Titan Klawf

I'll try to find some map screenshots with the area names, but I'm sure the Shinx one was "South Province (Area Three)" because the streamer kept opening the map because they were lost af lmao.
Alright, thank you. I'll mark 8 as South Province (Area Three) for now.

Also, I've updated the list with a few more encounters.

Considering that Gyarados' beta design was more worm-like, maybe Okagyarados was going to be callback/revisit to that design? Basically Gyarados but as a Dune-style sand worm.

Earth Eater may have been designed for it and Orthworm, before Okagyarados was eventually retooled into Toedscruel. Mycelium Might was added right after Earth Eater in the ability index.

Also, I can see Orthworm being the reason why Okagyarados got scrapped. There was already a new pokémon thematically similar to it, so GF decided to use those slots to make another land-living lookalike of a Gen I Water-type pokémon.

With all that said, I'm really curious what a Land Magikarp would've looked like. :smogthink:

1668537685049.png
Planning on using a rotating team of like, 10+ mons lol. Really wanna try out some cool stuff like Sharpness Gallade, Bellibolt, Tauros, etc.

Kinda a shame Galarian Slowking isn't in the base roster, since it would have been really fun to use :blobpensive:

This might be me, but I’ve noticed cetitan a lot more than baxcalibur in a lot of peoples team postings online. Is anyone else getting the sense that cetitan is the superior ice-type? Not that baxcalibur is bad, but cetitan gives me g-darmanitan vibes, especially with a +2 speed/+1 def from snow (and possibly +6 atk)

This might be me, but I’ve noticed cetitan a lot more than baxcalibur in a lot of peoples team postings online. Is anyone else getting the sense that cetitan is the superior ice-type? Not that baxcalibur is bad, but cetitan gives me g-darmanitan vibes, especially with a +2 speed/+1 def from snow (and possibly +6 atk)
While Cetitan has potential, it has the main issue of requiring Snow to do more or less anything... in a metagame that'll be very Sun centric, and without a good Aurora Veil setter either.

A couple people on the forum mentioned the ruinous quartet's abilities have a 25% debuff value. Is there any confirmation of this being the case?

Alright, thank you. I'll mark 8 as South Province (Area Three) for now.

Also, I've updated the list with a few more encounters.
If you've caught any of the following Pokemon in South Province (Area Four), do mention it:
Code:
Growlithe
Slakoth
Gulpin
Spoink
Shinx
Oricorio
Rookidee
Nymble
Pawmi
Klawf
Fidough
Dachsbun

While Cetitan has potential, it has the main issue of requiring Snow to do more or less anything... in a metagame that'll be very Sun centric, and without a good Aurora Veil setter either.
I can respect that, but I’d counter that the fact the meta will be sun-heavy would be reason to take advantage of the new snow buff to get rid of it. Getting rid of it (and even electric terrain) is as much detrimental to a team losing it as it is having it.

Also, isn’t there a new move that sets the snow and switches out at the same time?

There's no actual berry shop from what we can tell.

You can acquire big chunks of berries occasionally from the rotating market, otherwise it's just about looting them from ground.
By rotating market you mean auctions? Do you know how to reset those auctions so I can buy different berries?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)