SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Do you want this in the format of Area #/Province? I can give you exact info once I'm home.
Do you have the area numbers and names? If so, that would be great. I'm not entirely sure where to find those in the files - I would've hoped Game Freak just used the fnv1a64 hashes of the internal area name, and then have the encounter tables use that.

EDIT: Or actually, do you mean how they're named "<Cardinal Direction> Province (Area <Number>)"? If so, sorry - I have all of those extracted from the games message files already. What I'm after are the internal area numbers.

pretty confident it’s a 25% debuff from what I’ve seen of them in action. Someone else in this thread said the same.
I still want to know if having two on the field at once stacks the debuff on non-Ruin mons
Glaceon (can't be picked due to being one of eight Eeveelutions and the massive discord it could cause among Eevee fans if only Glaceon gets it)
Now I kinda want to see them design a Paradox Eevee that's just bits of each Eeveelution.

Personally the way I would read that is extremely literal: they removed their listing and put in placeholders for it, which would be a missing number
I think the compilations of the menu sprites back this up: most mons not present use pikachu as a placeholder, but new Suicune and Virizion show as pokeball markers instead.

Considering that Gyarados' beta design was more worm-like, maybe Okagyarados was going to be callback/revisit to that design? Basically Gyarados but as a Dune-style sand worm.

Earth Eater may have been designed for it and Orthworm, before Okagyarados was eventually retooled into Toedscruel. Mycelium Might was added right after Earth Eater in the ability index.

Also, I can see Orthworm being the reason why Okagyarados got scrapped. There was already a new pokémon thematically similar to it, so GF decided to use those slots to make another land-living lookalike of a Gen I Water-type pokémon.

With all that said, I'm really curious what a Land Magikarp would've looked like. :smogthink:
We may have already seen it in PLA. Every house in jubilife has a normal Magikarp, except one…

Attachments

We may have already seen it in PLA. Every house in jubilife has a normal Magikarp, except one…
Only reason I don't think this is it is because the "oka" still implies it was meant to be land-dwelling but that's just..well, a fish. I feel if they were going with that concept, they would make it slightly less fish. Or about as fish, but with non-fish aspects . Toedscool might just look like a jellyfish, but the tentacles acting as feet and the jell cap being a fungal cap still reads as something other than jellyfish.

Though....suppose that could be another reason to axe the entire thing, alongside overlap with Orthworm for Gyarados.

https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv/team-builder

Team plans, anyone?
View attachment 465772
My only goal really is to use all new mons this time. May or may not abide by this structure to fulfill that objective.
Screenshot (108).png

This was actually a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I like all the starters but went with Quackquaval because Quaxly was my favourite of the three when the game was announced. Then I struggled to pick a ghost because Ceruledge, Annihilape and Houndstone are all great designs but I went with the ape because Rage Fist sounds fun. In the end I had to cut Baxcalibur, Rabsca, Kilowattrel and Kingambit. Very solid designs this time around.

Sorry, does anyone have the image showing how many type combinations still remain unused that was posted earlier in this thread? I'm trying to look for it myself but for whatever reason the search feature being awfully uncooperative.

Edit:
In case you're curious, these will be the remaining unused type combos after launch:
Normal/Ice
Normal/Bug
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Fire/Fairy
Ice/Poison
Ground/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Rock/Ghost

Fighting/Ground and Fighting/Fairy are possibly on this list with both having Pokemon thought to be those types but not decisively known. Either way it's getting down to the wire at this point, not much left that isn't overly esoteric Normal combos
Good lord this was on page two
Unfortunately not quite what I was looking for but it's something at least, would still appreciate help as the image went into a bit more detail about some other specifics with type combos

To be honest, I do wonder if you'd just run Defiant at that point instead.
(Context: Supreme Overlord's boost is probably 1.6x max.)

Defiant is better for early-game power, discouraging Defog with your priority user, discouraging Intimidate mons from entering, tanking Iron Valiant's Spirit Break (dude better be within Sucker Punch range at that point), etc.

Supreme Overlord is definitely better for late-game power, especially when you want their remaining fastmons deleted NOW.

I'm more of a Supreme Overlord user than a Defiant user - I prefer later blanket checks and cleaners over agonizing whether they'll Defog or use an attack.

...On that topic, part of me is wondering whether Bisharp is used over Kingambit if both use Defiant. That extra speed will actually matter (e.g. defensive Gholdengo Subs up on max. Speed Adamant Kingambit due to outspeeding the croucher), and we previously weren't complaining about Bisharp's lack of power (although Bisharp losing Knock Off for now will hurt).

Doesn't seem to have the moves. Some new abilities are missing too, other are in but are non-fonctional (the ruins are among them), and some are wrong (it gives Sharpness a x1.2 multiplier, but it's actually x1.5).
Yeah I've started playing around with it and it's definitely unfinished. Still helpful though.
...man Terra Ursaluna (terraluna?) hits like a truck...:psynervous:

I wonder how good Solar Power mons like Charizard and Houndoom are gonna be this Gen seeing as sun is prolly gonna be real common.
I was gonna see what new moves they got and I noticed neither got Weather Ball. I mean they would be heavily outclassed as Sun Pokemon by the Past Paradox Pokemon anyways, and Houndoom honestly prefers Flash Fire with Tera Grass in lower tiers and Solar Power tbh.

I wonder how good Solar Power mons like Charizard and Houndoom are gonna be this Gen seeing as sun is prolly gonna be real common.
Zard can Terastalyze to Dragon type to get perfect STAB coverage bar Yeetran or flash fire Pokémon Terastalized to Steel or Fairy, or to Fire to get even STRONGER nukes.

Sorry, does anyone have the image showing how many type combinations still remain unused that was posted earlier in this thread? I'm trying to look for it myself but for whatever reason the search feature being awfully uncooperative.

Edit:

Good lord this was on page two
Unfortunately not quite what I was looking for but it's something at least, would still appreciate help as the image went into a bit more detail about some other specifics with type combos
I'm not sure if this is what you saw but this sounds like the last tab of the SV data spreadsheet made by mattgcn.

1668547685008.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)