SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

After looking at it a bit more, I think I may understand how the rates work now.

The global rate is used for the specified area - in this case, in The Great Crater of Paldea, Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant have a 50% encounter rate.
The biome rate is used globally throughout the map, so:
- Roaring Moon has a 5% chance to appear in a "Cave" biome, and a 1% chance to appear in a "Underground" biome.
- Iron Valiant has a 5% chance to appear in a "Cave" biome, and a 1% chance to appear in a "Underground" biome.
This is so long as you have the flag FSYS_SCENARIO_GAME_CLEAR within your save data set to true.

Though, if this is truly the case, that means that the following paradox Pokemon are available before beating the game:
Code:
Scream Tail
Flutter Mane
Iron Jugulis
Iron Bundle
So I'm not sure how accurate that is.
That's for people who yeet themselves into the crater have something to catch

OK I have seen several people mention the donphans as something you can catch before the final story, but is that something people have actually confirmed or ar ejust assuming because we've definitely had people who have played the game in this thread find the news surprising.

It does sound accurate, though it surprises me that the Donpharadoxes are not available before beating the game.

...Also, the question that follows is... what spawns are actually locked to postgame? (aka, assuminly, require that flag)?
Just the paradox Pokemon.

OK I have seen several people mention the donphans as something you can catch before the final story, but is that something people have actually confirmed or ar ejust assuming because we've definitely had people who have played the game in this thread find the news surprising.
Great Tusk and Iron Treads are probably treated as static encounters, so those wouldn't be in the table I'm looking at.
Same with things like Koraidon and Miraidon, which don't have an entry.

SO After looking at the dex Entries. I am convinced Quaxly was intentionally based off of Brazil and not due to lack of research like some people speculated. I have dubbed it's Fighting Style Samboeira. I shall Nickname mines Eddie Birdo.

I'm thinking of going with this for the story run:

1668618631990.png

Are any of these difficult to obtain early-game without relying on trading or rare raids?

I think I've seen somewhere that Ralts and Pawmi can be found in the first area.

It was on the stream linked a few days ago where you could catch Past Donphan. I didn’t see how, but looks like it was a raidmon.

Reactions: R_N
I'm thinking of going with this for the story run:

View attachment 466090

Are any of these difficult to obtain early-game without relying on trading or rare raids?

I think I've seen somewhere that Ralts and Pawmi can be found in the first area.
Ralts can be found at "South Province (Area One)", with a 50% chance, or any "Town" biome with a 5% chance.
Sandile can be found in any "Desert" biome with a 100% chance.
Magikarp can be found in any "Lake", "Ocean" or "River" biome with a 60%/60%/20% chance respectively.
Pawmi can be found at "South Province (Area One)" or "South Province (Area Three)", with a 60% chance, or any "Grass" or "Rocky" biome with a 5%/5% chance respectively.
Glimmet can be found in any "Underground" or "Cave" biome, with a 100%/1% chance respectively.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/813965837...false&unique=8E3C956CD362C4F0232EC13F4A42B392

I found this link in a server I'm in, it has the Chinese names of the Pokemon but according to Khu these are the legit National Pokedex numbers of the Gen 9 Pokemon.

I cannot say who is who since I can't read Chinese but is anyone can decipher the Chinese names and translate them to the according Pokemon then we should have the actual NatDex order of the Gen 9 mons with this list.

Does anyone know the Japanese names for the new Pokémon, but in English letters? Like Nyahoja is Sprigatito's Japanese name. I've seen the list of them with the Japanese characters, but I don't know how that translates.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That 4chan streamer caught a Paradox Donphan before the E4. It's the 4th titan you fight (and apparently can catch, I thought they were all uncatchable mons lmao L).

If you can't catch it in that battle, however, then I have no idea when you'd have the opportunity. The map only has roaming normal Donphan, the Paradox one disappears.

Reactions: R_N
so koraidon terastalyzes into fire and then destroys everything?

fire resists the fairy types dragon/fighting is 4x weak to, and you get STAB flare blitz in the sun

terrifying

fire resists the fairy types dragon/fighting is 4x weak to, and you get STAB flare blitz in the sun
Terastalizing into fire type will leave you vulnerable to ground, rock and most notably Stealth Rock.

Good luck coming back in the field if you're forced out (and you will) and taking > 30% of your hp in damage between SR and spikes.

Ralts can be found at "South Province (Area One)", with a 50% chance, or any "Town" biome with a 5% chance.
Sandile can be found in any "Desert" biome with a 100% chance.
Magikarp can be found in any "Lake", "Ocean" or "River" biome with a 60%/60%/20% chance respectively.
Pawmi can be found at "South Province (Area One)" or "South Province (Area Three)", with a 60% chance, or any "Grass" or "Rocky" biome with a 5%/5% chance respectively.
Glimmet can be found in any "Underground" or "Cave" biome, with a 100%/1% chance respectively.
Cool, thanks for the detailed answer! :)

Terastalizing into fire type will leave you vulnerable to ground, rock and most notably Stealth Rock.

Good luck coming back in the field if you're forced out (and you will) and taking > 30% of your hp in damage between SR and spikes.
Terastal Steel might be better then? resists fairy, ice, and dragon. Flying and Psychic will still hit neutral too. Sure, you're still weak to ground. but everything else is a bigger upgrade!

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/813965837...false&unique=8E3C956CD362C4F0232EC13F4A42B392

I found this link in a server I'm in, it has the Chinese names of the Pokemon but according to Khu these are the legit National Pokedex numbers of the Gen 9 Pokemon.

I cannot say who is who since I can't read Chinese but is anyone can decipher the Chinese names and translate them to the according Pokemon then we should have the actual NatDex order of the Gen 9 mons with this list.
I dont know Chinese, but at a glance and taking a chance, i think this lines up with the order of the new poekmon from the regional dex

There's a chunk of 4 towards the end that are probably the perils
then you can see a chunk of 6 a little bit above that that all have the same prefix which are probably the Irons, then after the perils you can find the same prefix by its lonesome which would line up with Iron Valiant

and if you kind of fill in the rest internally you can see how it all lines up from there

Terastal Steel might be better then? resists fairy, ice, and dragon. Flying and Psychic will still hit neutral too.
The real question would be why Terastalize Koraidon which already has a solid typing and nuclear damage anyway, instead of Calyrex for example.

Pokemon isnt a 1v1 in a vacuum. There's up to 5 other mons to consider.

That 4chan streamer caught a Paradox Donphan before the E4. It's the 4th titan you fight (and apparently can catch, I thought they were all uncatchable mons lmao L).

If you can't catch it in that battle, however, then I have no idea when you'd have the opportunity. The map only has roaming normal Donphan, the Paradox one disappears.
Speaking of: did he catch it during the fight or after it?

The real question would be why Terastalize Koraidon which already has a solid typing and nuclear damage anyway, instead of Calyrex for example.

Pokemon isnt a 1v1 in a vacuum. There's up to 5 other mons to consider.
Plus the enemy team and meta. Going Tera Steel when you're facing a Sun Team is probably not a good idea.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I mean, why bother Terastalizing Koraidon? Your other 5 ubers will probably have a better match-up/Tera opportunity.

Speaking of: did he catch it during the fight or after it?
I wasn't watching it at the time. I assumed he had caught it right after the Titan fight but when I got to battle it myself, it simply disappeared afterwards. So either I missed something, or you can just catch Titans in their big bad Titan battle as if they were a normal pokemon.

Last edited:
I dont know Chinese, but at a glance and taking a chance, i think this lines up with the order of the new poekmon from the regional dex
Kaphotics said the regional dex order didn’t match the nat dex exactly, but yeah I don’t know Chinese either lol so hard to tell. I’m guessing there’s a few shuffles here and there, probably with the new evos grouped like last gen.

I mean, why bother Terastalizing Koraidon? Your other 5 ubers will probably have a better match-up/Tera opportunity.

I have no idea, I assumed he caught it after the Titan fight but when I got to fight it myself, it simply disappears.
Well aside from Fairy and Ice resistance, and you also have absolutely absurd damage output on Flare Blitz under the Sun
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew in Sun: 283-334 (70.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 237-280 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah Koraidon is naturally stronger than Zacian pre-nerf. Notably stronger too. It is only on Tera Fire STAB and while Sun is up, but wow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)